Why did this die?

Why did this die?

Attached: L5RcardgameEN.jpg (450x516, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/T9jxVbg_RWQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it didn't.... it's still alive.... a new set for the LCG is coming out.

But interest in it seems dead

It didn't. New pack in like 2 weeks, new category of events too.
The reason few people are playing it now is because the card pool is relatively smaller than other games, but it's getting bigger.
It's one of the best card games available.

Depends where you live I guess.
My city isn't the best place for board games but we still have an active LCG community and within that a smaller L5R community.

What is this?

It's continuing to grow in my area, actually.

LCG based on an old TCG, rebooted by Fantasy Flight Games, the guys who made the Star Wars RPGs with the funky dice and the 40k RPGs. It's based on a not!Japan fantasy setting called Rokugan

Ugly card design, mediocre gameplay, dissappointed old grognards.

Banned saying "Bonzai!" before matches. SJW decisions like that soured mood for this game.

I've made about 6 threads for it recently and none of them get further than 5 posts. Most don't reach 2.

Game is dead and I wish it wasn't.

Attached: 1518173493372.jpg (3840x1600, 1.92M)

10/10 for this one.

Best way to tell the masses that have been excited for their card game to come back, let a Chinese racist in a comment section have enough power to make an american company decide that "banzai" was a hate-fueled warcry and not a common celebration cheer in Japan, taking away an insanely traditional part of a game, ALL about tradition.

Fucking assholes souring the largest card game event in Gencon history because they didnt like the skin color of the people shouting Banzai.

Boring and tedious to play, shit lore.

The core set was too small for interesting deck building and their release schedule is FUCKED

Warning: Veeky Forums is not representative of wider reality.

Is there anymore to this banzai story?

Fact Check: TRUE

99.44% of people in the wider world have never even heard of L5R and 99.44% of the remainder wouldn't touch it with a stick if they had. The rest of the global population is on Veeky Forums discussing this right now.

Proceed.

Attached: ImReady.jpg (250x250, 90K)

Just Google it...

Only because you saw the crazy 6X6 and assumed that was normal. That was not normal, it was insanely accelerated. The pace it is at now is normal.

Not really. L5R events used to have a banzai chant (for decades). Now they don't because some Chinese racists and some virtue signalers (Really, they aren't even Japanese, they're just being offended on their behalf without being asked to do so) got it removed. Of course, Banzai is actually a really normal Japanese cultural thing, and Japan generally loves cultural appropriation. They're perfectly happy with non-japanese using their shit, and they use everyone else's shit in return.

If even Veeky Forums, the home for weebs and autism, isn't discussing a weeb CCG that no normal person would spend £90 on for a basic deck, its' dead.

Why would I play this over any digital CCGs, other LCGs, or Magic?

It's not a CCG, so you're already zero for one.

LCG sorry. I'm a dumb dumb.

You're still zero for one since that price gets you literally every deck, because there aren't random boosters and you know exactly what is in every product.

I'm saying that's £90 for 3 core-sets. Enough for the basics of a basic deck. And I'm saying normal people won't spend £90 on the same game, three-times over. If a place like Veeky Forums, where retards spam anime reaction images and waste their money on Warhammer, video-games, MTG, etc. aren't talking about it, then probably nobody is.

And there's no reason to be so aggressive, nigga. I wanna play but it's a two-person game and I can't play every game with my gf.

Attached: 1521577004509.png (952x711, 715K)

Though for some reason this staple card didn't get banned.

Attached: 250px-Banzai!.png (250x348, 148K)

Though some L5R players suggested changes to make it less offensive.

Attached: Brush Your Teeth!.png (250x348, 179K)

That was printed before the racist chink got to FFG.

Like Reddit has 3 threads a day. The day before, it had 5 threads. The day before that it only had 1.

Attached: Wu Tang Sword Style.png (358x516, 352K)

>Enough for the basics of a basic deck
One core is basics of basic. Three core is literally competitive level. Three-of is the max you can have of any given card, and the cards in the small expansions are not so good that you lose out by not having them.

The main issue is it's going to be dropped soon.

t. Warhammer Conquest / Invasion player.

Conquest wasn't dropped because FFG wanted to drop it, they just couldn't/didn't renew their license as a whole with GW.

From the look of it, because grognards did not care for the new direction. For whatever reason.

Piss off your core fans, watch them spend money elsewhere. There are always more places to spend money.

Attached: 1342242414318.jpg (467x500, 102K)

>If even Veeky Forums, the home for weebs and autism
Weebs don’t care about traditional Japanese mythology and fantasy, though. They only care about moeblob genre shit and little girls. You’ll see that weeb TCGs and RPGs get a fair amount of discussion here when pretty much NOBODY talks about these sorts of things outside of Veeky Forums. I’d say L5R, even its current edition, is much more popular than something like Force of Will, but you'd think otherwise if you only look at the threads made here. It’s totally not indicative of the actual popularity.

>Weebs don’t care about traditional Japanese mythology and fantasy, though. They only care about moeblob genre shit and little girls. You’ll see that weeb TCGs and RPGs get a fair amount of discussion here when pretty much NOBODY talks about these sorts of things outside of Veeky Forums. I’d say L5R, even its current edition, is much more popular than something like Force of Will, but you'd think otherwise if you only look at the threads made here. It’s totally not indicative of the actual popularity.
Force of Will is a bad example. Vanguard gets a lot of threads here. More than L5R, sadly. Hell, this is the most full I've seen a L5R thread in months.

Weirdly the majority of people still playing in my area are the grognards from the old TCG. Granted, they intimidate away a lot of the new folk. There's an active community that just doesn't intersect with Veeky Forums much.

As much as people like to say the SJW/Banzai thing drove people away, the real issues are:
> price point:
minimum buy in of two cores to play, not to mention their rarity
>game length:
games can just take too long for casual play
>fun:
it really is lacking in that *something* that other games have that make them enjoyable

>minimum buy in of two cores to play, not to mention their rarity
Rarity?

The cores keep going out of print, stores have had trouble getting more stock. This was a big issue back a few months to getting players in. Happens to most LCG's at some point but in particular for a new game this way pretty bad.

Oh I've never really experienced that, but I'm from Europe.

Japan is for Japan and Japan doesn't buy anything.

They ripped out the soul of the game and made a modern shooter version of a card game.

ITT: people who have never played the game bash it

The core of the game isn't bad, but there's a lot of problems with card design that I think are really hobbling the game. A lot of the cards were useless even in core only, and they continued to release stuff that didn't even have a potential niche through the dynasty packs. And some of the previews for the upcoming product also have cards that will simply never see play. There's a large group of cards that either over costed or under powered that nobody is going to use, combined with another set that might eventually get used if enough support for them gets printed, and several cards from the core set that will be in every deck (or nearly every deck) for the foreseeable future. The actual usable card pool for any given faction is a lot smaller than the amount of available material would indicate.

>it really is lacking in that *something* that other games have that make them enjoyable>>
What's that "thing".

The gameplay is clunky as fuck. The turns and phases are cumbersome. It stole away netrunner players. The sjw bullshit. Mostly the bad gameplay ruined it for me.

>Mostly the bad gameplay ruined it for me.
Man, can you elaborate on every one of your points? I was considering getting it, but you seem to be quite passionate in your dislike of it. I'd love to know why.

Requiring 3 core sets for one person to make a competitive deck is a fucking retarded business model to bring in new players.

I don't think the game is dead though, just going slow.

The card design is beautiful and the gameplay is incredibly solid, old grognards can fuck off.

Brainlet detected lol.

Yeah this is a valid complaint.

Because it's a far better game than all of them, the community is dedicated as hell, the story is interactive and develops based on the community's choices, the team loyalty aspect of Clans is fun and there's not much like it in other card games.

Congratulations! You are the faggot with the most retarded comment in this thread.

This is a real problem but I think you're overstating it a bit. Not that many cards are completely useless and some of the cards which might look bad now could suddenly improve if the right synergies show up later with new releases.

This is complete horseshit, the gameplay is one of the best features, it's insanely good.

So I don't know jack fucking shit about L5R but Matt Colville says it has the beat story of any game, ever. Is he right?

Attached: 7d103e62940a65deeecfa868775199de.jpg (736x910, 113K)

Is he ever? Link.

I don't know about best ever (It got pretty retarded later on), but it has a long timeline that grew based on player input and tournament results, and a lot of people got attached to it when AEG's marketing department wasn't unilaterally deciding that one faction or another would win no matter what happened and the only changes were who loses the hardest aside from the designated winners.

[citation needed]

Well I would hesitate to agree with such an extreme statement like "best of any game, ever", but it is very, very good.

youtu.be/T9jxVbg_RWQ

well what's so great about it, then. I cba to watch the video in

John Whick

He doesn't even work on it anymore but I don't care, it's all have fault

Who is this person and why should I trust him? Is this about the FF LCG or CCG?

Does this story shit apply to the LCG?

That's over 200 000 thousand people user. Should have gone with 99.99% instead of trying to be clever.

Over two hundred million? Damn, my mental maths were way off.