Power Rangers Hyperforce - Table Top RPG Series

>Power Rangers HyperForce is a tabletop RPG launched as part of the franchise's 25th anniversary. It is streamed live by Hyper RPG on popular video game streaming platform Twitch.

>Set in the year 3016 at Time Force Academy, a team of Time Force Ranger cadets must band together to defeat an ancient evil who is set on unraveling the very fabric of the universe. Under the leadership of their mentor, Jen Scotts, and with the show’s Game Master, Malika Lim, the newly minted Rangers will cross both time and space to complete their mission while running into many familiar eras (and faces) along the way.

Surprised not many people are talking about this series.
Anyone seen it? What are you thoughts?

Attached: HyperForce.jpg (565x526, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4X0CxlxoagY
youtube.com/watch?v=X9nvS6dDLWU
youtube.com/watch?v=i-p9lWIhcLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ESAf56TrCzc
youtube.com/watch?v=0aVLP7yGNd8
comicbook.com/powerrangers/2018/03/13/power-rangers-renegade-games-tabletop-games/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also, link to the first episode:
youtube.com/watch?v=4X0CxlxoagY

>2 hours and 39 minutes of uncut, unedited, playing by people who aren't comedians or actors
Why? Literally the only "real play" I can stand is Harmonquest, and even that gets annoying. It's called basic editing.

I would say it ads to the charm. I would like it less if it would be over edited and with a dozen cuts a second, as it without them it feels more like you're part of the experience.
Plus, they actually are actors.
Red and Yellow were actors on Power Rangers shows, Black is a voice actress on a lot of animated shows and Pink and Blue worked on a lot of live action series as actors. So they all have experience and their interactions gets interesting and entertaining throughout the show and each has backstories for their characters.

Attached: HyperForce.jpg (863x960, 151K)

Which system are they using? If it's something that was made specifically for this series, are they releasing their system?

It's a system made specifically for the show.
This is what they officially released so far about it, as far as I can find:
youtube.com/watch?v=X9nvS6dDLWU
If anyone got the full system explained, let me know.

>I would say it ads to the charm. I would like it less if it would be over edited and with a dozen cuts a second, as it without them it feels more like you're part of the experience.
One episode is the length of a longer feature film. "Charm" is one thing, but it can't carry an entire show for two and a half hours.
>Red and Yellow were actors on Power Rangers shows, Black is a voice actress on a lot of animated shows and Pink and Blue worked on a lot of live action series as actors. So they all have experience
I'm a pretty huge rangers-nerd, so I recognize some folks, and I'm sure that Bulk provides a number of genuinely entertaining moments, but I'd have to trudge through so much... drudgery... to get there.
>their interactions gets interesting and entertaining throughout the show and each has backstories for their characters.
"It gets good after the boring part" is not enough to get you through the boring part... and it shouldn't be. It's one thing when you're part of the social experience at a table: even the bullshit has meaning then, but when you're not: just give me the highlights please.

Hm.... the "show" is borderline unwatchable, but the system seems pretty solid from what I can reverse engineer. Will NOT be watching future episodes, but WILL be stealing the PDF of the game when it comes out.

I mean, it's just not for everyone I guess, but if shows like Critical Role who use the same format can get so popular, it definitely works.
Plus, it's streamed on Twitch first and then put on YouTube.

Really? Critical role is the same "movie length, but without the content" format as that? Seriously? I was underwhelmed by Harmonquest but entertained enough to keep watching when my other shows were done.... but you're telling me this is the STANDARD?

I just assumed Critical Role et all were edited stories that took an appropriate 30-minute-ish length to get the essential points of the session you needed to be able to follow it.

I would say that maybe I'm just an old man who doesn't get podcasts, and can't figure out how the fuck to navigate Reddit or Twitter.... but doesn't shit like this take MORE attention-span to stay interested in... not less?

Attached: image.jpg (500x534, 40K)

I mean, here's episode one of Critical Role, now sitting at a hefty 7 million views and 3 hours in length. I mean, sure, episode 1 is usually the one with the most views, but it's still pretty impressive.
youtube.com/watch?v=i-p9lWIhcLQ

>but doesn't shit like this take MORE attention-span to stay interested in... not less?
I mean, I guess it does. Which makes it pretty surprising on how many people like this format. And even more surprising on why not many people around here talk about it.
But,I guess people prefer playing the game than watching others playing.

>Post-Millenial-Generation has LONGER attention span
>People on Veeky Forums would actually play games

Attached: image.jpg (600x450, 57K)

Their full theme song is hype as fuck tho
youtube.com/watch?v=ESAf56TrCzc

Attached: Hyper-force-boom-art.jpg (1600x1067, 1.13M)

what system are they using for this?

See

ah. missed that, thanks.

The first thing the Red Ranger's player does is pull out a notebook to write down details the GM mentions. None of my players have ever considered this. I do it every time I play. Even if this turns out to be shit, Marv has my respect.

Attached: b2f.jpg (680x447, 23K)

Apparently, dude played DnD before and GMed, too.

Two of my three players take notes. Is it that odd to see? Did I roll lucky?

It's lucky af to have one. Firstly it shows they are taking you seriously, but secondly it shows they are interested and involved in the story.

I noticed that they're using a system where viewers can send in/buy Supers, Megas or Ultras for them, so they can get extra points in combat and what not.
How would you implement this in a non-Twitch/non-viewer-based environment?

>a hefty 7 million views and 3 hours in length
doesn't mean people watched it to the end

Isn't the new view system based on how long you watched the video? Like, back in the day, clicking the video meant one view, but now you need to watch at least half or something like that?

Either by adding some additional dice system, or by giving the DM some kind of sticker type reward for good play, though that's what energy does, so maybe by saying players have a few supers and ultras at the start of a session and can spend them when they want similarly to energy.

No, that's for advertisement calculation.

Fuck it, I'm a sucker for licensed RPGs, so I might just have it as background noise when I'm doing something boring. If they ever release it officially, I'll consider buying it.
Shit, that is pretty damn good.

youtube.com/watch?v=0aVLP7yGNd8
I usually jot down the names of NPCs, and maybe what the other PCs are called so I'm not just going "You! Yes, you!", but that's because I'm legitimately terrible at remembering names.

One campaign I wrote down a table of the other players, their character's names and how my PC felt about each of them. One guy had "If I can get away with it, I will kill him."

>youtube.com/watch?v=0aVLP7yGNd8

Holy Shit, I never knew I needed this in my life. That sounded awesome!

I mean, Saban did announce some tabletop games coming soon from Renegade.
comicbook.com/powerrangers/2018/03/13/power-rangers-renegade-games-tabletop-games/
Not sure if those are necessarily tabletop rpgs, but still, it's something.

Can we get a general streams thread already so thinly veiled shilling like this thread is at least contained in one place?