Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Old school edition.

>Breaking News:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/dM_mr2_W39Q

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Previous Threads:

Attached: Screenshot (790).png (1158x451, 1.24M)

First for Orikan

Attached: image.jpg (1194x854, 181K)

Old school you say?

Attached: 1238701973233.jpg (750x2000, 225K)

Purge the mutant.

Attached: Screenshot (810).png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

Soon

Attached: necron_pariah_model.jpg (308x259, 17K)

Cool Lychguard, where'd you get it?

Nids are dominating adepticon

I appreciate how many layers of irony this pic operates on.

Someone needs to make a new version of this with the new models that says "Fuck go back."

Re-posting from last thread, Wulfen good or bad, and load out advice?

The tournament is already over, they took 1st, chaos second, they made up 3 of the top 8. All Flyrant spam.

And it should include some previous lesser daemons.

1/detachment Tyrant limit soon, I'd wager.

Im batch painting 15 bolters.

Should I:
> paint them steel then pick out the black
> paint them black then pick out the steel

lorewise, why cant a transport that can transport terminators also transport primaris marines?

Blank slate. New “my own” chapter. Need ideas.

Also what chapters should I avoid making them successors of, so I don’t get “muh WAACfag” from people. Are DA really that OP because of plasma safety net?

Attached: BCF372A8-381B-494A-9DFD-B16B5D4B0954.jpg (600x620, 38K)

I can see that limit coming, they've shown a willingness to do it in the past (See: Tau Commanders).

I also laugh whenever folks talk about a limit being placed on space marine commanders like that.

Nope

Attached: everybodyisamarauder.jpg (462x640, 81K)

which color is more then 50% of the bolter? paint it that, then pick out the other

I believe they'll get it as will demon princes in the new FAQ.

Make them what you want.
Really, the only thing to keep in mind is that you'll be called snowflake for doing loyalists with traitor geneseed or wolf successors.

Supreme command detachments were a mistake

stop caring what other people think of how you play. if you think a chapter has cool tactics/fluff, make them a successor of that. people who bitch about waac are generally terrible players who bitch any time they lose no matter to what army

This does not arouse The Three Snakes.

Attached: Screenshot (814).png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

Making one right now actually, have an old catalog open.

When the edition first started I disagreed with this but as things have moved forward I really tend to agree with this. I think if you remove Supreme Command it'll help even out some of the problematic builds. Also I wish GW would do more testing with skew lists.

just dont run an optimised list.

Thats good advice

Because terminators are still too short.

Attached: space-marine-size-comparison.jpg (490x378, 92K)

Probably.
Flying MC HQs are kinda strong.

This has always been my opinion.
HQs should be limited.

Doing the Emperors work, user.

Attached: 1518208353096.jpg (540x539, 69K)

what's your favorite culture? build off that and see what makes the most sense successor wise. even then you can say fuck it and do something like BT who are the least likely chapter to build pillow forts in the world compared to IF

It kinda arouses me tho...

Attached: michaelmorecocks spacemarauder.jpg (589x975, 238K)

>Paint any scheme you want/like
>Find marine rules that fit your play style

Termilet.

>Same stats as lychguard but with m6 because original pariahs were I3
>Gauss blaster built into Warscythe
>Culexus/Silent Sister type rules

Would be pretty points intensive.

theres actually orks in terminator armour

The truth is that sometimes new models are an improvement (imo most of the time) but other times they aren't.

Honestly, the FA/Elite/HS detachments were a mistake, too. There should be primary detachments and support detachments.

hey

Attached: Tyranid_Carnifex_1.gif (278x225, 29K)

So who's your favorite traitor primarch anons?

I am so fucking stoked for the new codex.

Are any of the Phoenix Lords worth playing?

Attached: 1410273867248.jpg (659x975, 133K)

It would be a nice niche unit, like most necron units now that I think about it.

Hey guys. Did Kopinski draw this based on any real models existing nowadays? Which range is it?

Attached: 1521901561883.jpg (996x682, 134K)

Lion.

Magnus a good boy he dindu nuffin

Well it'd be fulgrim, too bad he's not a Space marauder

Attached: Bestboy.jpg (470x645, 129K)

Its too punishing to make successor chapters for WAACfags to be bothered. Being unable to use chapter specific relics and having to spend CP before the game to make your captain a chapter master doesn't make playing "Your dudes" very rewarding in the competitive scene.

AT:43.

Ded game, models aren't made anymore, are still available via Ebay only and usually at high prices.

So you'll have to buy new transports for your new marines. That's all there is to it.

Dust Tactics

What stat differences would he have from the buggy ones if both existed?

Attached: image.jpg (195x250, 17K)

Those I don't mind because it lets you do an armored company feel or a First Company themed list and the units are generally expensive.
Granted, there's issues with certain units (Dark Reapers and Plague Crawlers) but they're largely fine.

Supreme command had not use outside of spamming more psykers or Demon Princes/Flyrants

future proof your Armigers

Attached: 29345431_10155609314028737_1062194757_n.jpg (448x800, 56K)

It's not 40k, thats from a game called AT-34.

It's dead now though I think but that is based on their models

Ah, but it is not a sex marauder which I seek...

Attached: Screenshot (816).png (1920x1080, 1.34M)

smart man

>Blank slate. New “my own” chapter. Need ideas.
One option is to trawl through the wikis to check out all the minor chapters that are little more than a name and a colour scheme for inspiration.

>Also what chapters should I avoid making them successors of, so I don’t get “muh WAACfag” from people.

Don't stress about this too much, pick a chapter that makes sense fluffwise and/or you think would be fun to play. Taking a strong tactic like RG doesn't make you a WAACfag, its more involved than that.

Attached: 1504090589184.jpg (3250x2554, 1.28M)

They're called Mega Nobz

Faster, easier to kill, cheaper

Red Blok > UNA

Attached: 46b5510ea2d4e8161ab59a4b93c150da.jpg (2028x1369, 473K)

thank you guys :( a bit sad i can't find the models anymore.

I can't agree with that because those are needed for a lot of collections to be playable. Bike armies and the like effectively can't exist without them and it'd be a bullshit move for GW to entirely make those collections non viable.

Honestly?
I kinda want to see Pertrabo.
The only reason I care about Angron coming out is because he (probably) will come out along with World Eaters

make a primaris land raider already

Lorgar

I like the Word Bearers a lot conceptually, it'd be nice if they got to do something for once

Bring back Chaos Undivided as a thing

Does anyone own a Vindicator Laser Destroyer or know if it's decent?

It looks better than some of the alternatives, and I can't take a predator as Deathwatch. Thinking I could use it to melt gundam suits.

Attached: Vindicator-Laser-Destroyer_02[1].jpg (2973x2169, 1.31M)

Asurmen has potential as does Maugen Ra.

This is the beta version.

Attached: gee dubs.jpg (1864x950, 272K)

So allow certain armies to swap them into their primary detachment. We literally have a system designed for it with how faction keywords work. Hell, CSM legion already shift cult units from elite to troop.

Sex marauder? Say no more.

Attached: thewarqueenpoem.jpg (1244x2608, 742K)

Why haven't you started superior custodes yet?

Attached: aroused snickering.jpg (1433x1024, 637K)

Guys, can DAs company veterans take heavy weapons and Storm Shield ?

Metal horrors actually looked like horrors. The plastic look too ordered, not chaotic.

thats terrible

Maybe make the model pictures a bit bigger. Also, that ushabti one is fucking gold.

Got a top 8 standings?

What's the datasheet say?

Maybe.
Either an army trait or some warlord trait shenannigans could be used too.

I mean, I'm still a fan of the old Force Org Chart but I do get use out of Spearhead as I run three Preds for killshot

The Sergeant can take mostly combi-weapons and a combat shield (5++). The veteran can take a special weapon and a storm shield, but no heavy weapons.

And you still could because it's a support detachment serving a support role.

Regardless, it'll never work because people would pay bare minimum in heir required detachment and keep spamming shit exactly as they are now for CP

If GW was willing to do that that'd be fine but they've shown no indication - as it stands the only way my White Scars are legal to play is with the FA detachment.

Is the Hellforged Contemptor any good?

Any recommendations as to convering one from the plastic Contemptor model, or am I going to have to look at Forgeworld?

Attached: Khorne_Chaos_Contemptor_Dred.jpg (740x591, 55K)

Leaks when?

Attached: sisters.jpg (750x742, 106K)

This. There is this fucker that spam DA veteran with Lascannon + SS, I wanna know if he cheated.

Attached: Capture.png (1314x194, 295K)

Do you plan to play with this? Because he's not even wearing armor and two powerfists is hardly ideal.

I hope you just put this together to keep him on a shelf with your other anime figurines.

Or more like this?

Attached: sexmarauder.jpg (600x709, 119K)

I wish they gave each renegade legion their own book, or at least game then each more of a unique feel within the csm codex especially night lords.

>daemonette low-hanging fruit
>OOP model
>horrors are extremely subjective
Really grasping at straws to show that new models are worse.

Go forge they have best chaos dreads.

Attached: MharaGalTaintedDreadnought01.jpg (920x950, 86K)

Fulgrim is best trap primarch.

Yeah.
I almost wonder if they need to make it so you need to declare a primary army which is the only one to get a warlord trait, a relic, and count towards command points.

I mean, short of doing a unit by unit tweak to make it so spamming the units or making them less desirable to soup I'm not certain of how they can really fix a few of these structural issues.

I mean, there are rumors coming in that infantry are going up 1 ppm but I'm really not certain what to do.

Late next year if we're lucky

Is it possible that the Eldar Phoenix lords are all lost primarchs?

>Because he's not even wearing armor
>he needs armor

Attached: path_of_the_swole.jpg (2988x5312, 713K)

He's objectively right. Normally I prefer more modern sculpts but those daemons were definately a step backwards.

Attached: diazmonettes.jpg (873x627, 109K)

Well if he runs units of 2 models, then yes the one that isn't the Sergeant can take a heavy weapon AND a stormshield, but the Sergeant can only have a Combat Shield.

If he's running two lascannons per squad or something he's breaking the rules but he might not be aware. Let him know.

well only marneus calgar has two fists so i dunno, played as nothing whatsoever

Is anyone hyped for the new super Knight from the teaser ? I haven't yet decided if I find this model goofy or impressive.

Attached: 1511196159184.png (601x714, 428K)