How lucky are your players?

Veeky Forums, do you believe that some people are just lucky or unlucky?

In both of my groups there is at least one player who consistently rolls like shit, while I on the other hand tend to roll really high consistently. It's come to the point where they tend to start with or find items to even it out (A wizard finds an item that increases intelligence), and he chooses classes that make other people roll (Illusionist).

Attached: happy armless cat.jpg (750x764, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h7In8WIEH1I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1521489089979.gif (210x330, 51K)

This is entirely placebo. Record 100 rolls from either and you'll find every time that they fit a sinilar average. Players that think they roll high tend to focus on their higher rolls and remember only those. Conversley, players that consider themselves unlucky only focus on and remember their low rolls as an imagined statistical probability.

Luck doesnt exist, coincidence does and if your player has low rolls on acritical attempt then it will only reinforce that stubborn belief.

this

That pic is simultaneously tearjerking and heartwarming. I didn't want these feels OP.

Oh god it's like a kangaroo

youtube.com/watch?v=h7In8WIEH1I

>I on the other hand tend to roll really high consistently
Fucking smug faggot just jinxed himself, hahahahaha faggot.

We did this with me. I statistically rolled worse than average, while one of my friends rolled statistically better than average.

Now, I realize that would even out more past 100 rolls, but the point stands.

That's pretty fucking cute in it's own weird way.

Luck doesn't exist as an inherent attribute or anything like that, but if several people roll a hundred times, all of them won't fit a similar average. Obviously.

If there is a set number of people with randomized outcomes throughout their life, and statistically speaking one of those people with going to roll high on everything throughout their life, does that mean luck is an inherent attribute but one that is not determinable.

Attached: 1461122505010.jpg (640x480, 38K)

Get real data on statistics. You're right, even 100 might give you slightly different averages but the more data you accumulate the more those lines will flatten out. Placebo, user. Placebo.

Consider reversing the effect and making 1's a higher roll than a 20 and see if your statistically low players start suddenly rolling really well, if they immediately roll lower averages again (just using the other end of the numbers) or if your data remains relatively unchanged.

>Get real data on statistics. You're right, even 100 might give you slightly different averages but the more data you accumulate the more those lines will flatten out.
While his is true, it doesn't change the fact that sometimes people just roll well and keep rolling well. Unlikely things happen, and sometimes several unlikely things happen to the same person. Most of the time a player thinks he's lucky it probably is just placebo, but nothing in the way probabilities work excludes the possibility that some people just end up encountering unusually favorable outcomes usually frequently. You know, by chance.

>Luck doesnt exist
But dice can be rigged. Sometimes intentionally, sometimes by accident/sloppy manufacturing.

Have you ever done the saltwater test on your d20s? Most of mine seem good except for my green set.

Why would I want to test my least used die ?

My d10s get far more use but they haven't given me any lucky or unlucky streaks, so I've got no plans to test them.

Because d20s float with enough salt, most other die are to dense.

Still not worth the cost of the salt I'd use. Not when I haven't used a d20 for years.

thank you for posting this kitty

>salty butthurt
>tries to pass it off with a '''''''''''''''''''''''casual'''''''''''''''''''''''' reply
>if he wasn't butthurt he wouldn't have replied at all
>he's retarded enough to think other people won't realize this
Hahahahaha.

Wait, I can now own a feline chicken farm now?

>Being this assblasted

Attached: 1436557265097.jpg (500x500, 56K)