Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Honor and Fealty Edition

>Breaking News:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/dM_mr2_W39Q

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

>Previous Thread:

Attached: imperial_knight_terryn3.jpg (1000x731, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

battlescribe.net)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Boobplate

First for the dark city

Attached: 1521759545965.png (1280x720, 1.18M)

Post knights!

Attached: 29526583_10155609400353737_974834907_o.jpg (2048x1152, 382K)

second for no pics

Purge the human

Attached: Screenshot (813).png (1920x1080, 1.57M)

Soon sister

Attached: 1411529979389.jpg (635x681, 86K)

So will there be anything else in the knight codex? I dont see 3 models with variable loadouts warranting a whole codex.

But I have no knights - maybe GW will put more effort into the Dark Mechanicus someday.

>Boobplate
You know what forget the plate

Attached: 1521875400743.jpg (397x562, 48K)

Their 7th edition codex was 1 model with variable loadouts.

Attached: 1521573757241.jpg (1318x1920, 663K)

Playing my first tourney today and holy shit mortarion is bullshit

Attached: 1D9DFA98-3155-450D-BE51-696B641ACA62.jpg (4032x3024, 2.56M)

>Have a bunch of unglued and unpainted models now for months

Fuck, how do I make myself actually get off my ass and get these things assembled and ready? I just want an army to play with.

is the necron codex up yet?

I hope one day Bretonnia gets revived.

Do at least 1 hour a night

wait, is the necron codex even out yet?

So the instructions for the Knight Armiger in Forgebane includes these two heads. 10 and 11 but they don't feature on the sprues provided. Discarded designs or to be included with the full kit do you think?

Or am I blind and they are actually on the sprues?

Attached: P1030903.jpg (750x563, 263K)

Post your DA tourney list. I'm curious since my friend struggles with his.

SISTER NO
PUT DOWN THAT CAT
IT ISN'T WHAT YOU THINK

>Expanding a faction without actual models when the only entry is a "fuck it just the base model with all the weapon options"

Attached: received_10155471744759370.png (300x309, 87K)

Understandable for a first event. You'll look back in a few months and laugh about how manageable he is.

It's on pre-order right now broski.

Lilith a drug-addled slut

Any tips on painting dire avengers?
My local GW guy said to get the base color you want then edge highlight. feels like i missing a step.

Attached: IMG_2005[1].jpg (4032x3024, 1.83M)

nth for plastic sisters

Attached: the_sister_of_battle_by_lordhannu-d53zevy.jpg (773x1151, 239K)

I'm getting a buddy into 40k and he wants to do and Necron army. What's a way to build him a solid 2k point list for a new guy? I have tons of Dark and Blood angels so I don't want to just shit on him. I want him to have a fighting chance against some basic lists.

Should I Atrapos or Acheron?

Cut out everything and see if you come across it.

Well, rumour is it that the thing's gonna have a gatling gun and power fist options, so I'm guessing there's a sprue that'll be in the Armiger kit.

what army plays most like the dwarfs from fantasy

Question. I don't want to run metal warlocks for my eldar army. Is it okay if I just convert plastic Farseers into warlocks? I have extra farseer bits laying around.

you're getting him into it by having him drop ~$500? Why not just start with 1k points

I just built one, those bottom heads ren there. Damn bottom left would have matched my atrapos better...

How did you play Dwarfs and when did you play dwarfs? Did you play in lathe 8th with the Vetock book or like 6th with the Jervis book?

You are in the wrong hab block heretic!

Ynnari man, not even once

>Actually bringing Morty to a tourney
A braver DG player than I.

Once you git gud you'll realize that outside of certain Super Primarch Bros soup lists Morty isn't actually that good. He's not 470 points durable and only does melee, he puts the DG player at serious risk of getting a quarter of their army neutralized by even moderate turn 1 shooting.

Newbie here. Was it possible to run a pure-suit kill team in 7e? Do you think it will be doable in the new kill team?

Attached: suit drop.jpg (765x937, 128K)

Let's hope so user, let's hope so.

Well we planned on scouring ebay for decent deals as well, but let me rephrase. He's played 40k with us for a while and loves it, he just doesn't have his own army. He wants to do Necrons cause he likes their lore and wants to have a different army than the rest of the guys in the group. He just also got his state tax return and wants to get some cool shit with it. He's already played stuff like Warmahordes so he has a handle on painting. I'm just looking for ideas.

user we don't need to do this anymore, they've been confirmed by none other than GW itself.

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Dark Angels) [77 PL, 1500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Azrael [9 PL, 180pts]

Lieutenants [4 PL, 63pts]
. Lieutenant: Chainsword, Master-crafted boltgun

+ Troops +

Scout Squad [4 PL, 65pts]
. Heavy Weapon Scout: Heavy bolter
. 3x Scout (Boltgun)
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Scout Squad [4 PL, 80pts]
. Heavy Weapon Scout: Missile launcher
. 3x Scout (Boltgun)
. Scout Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Tactical Squad [5 PL, 70pts]: 4x Space Marine
. Space Marine Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Power axe

+ Elites +

Company Ancient [4 PL, 63pts]: Bolt pistol

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 169pts]: Assault cannon
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Heavy Flamer: Heavy flamer

Venerable Dreadnought [8 PL, 182pts]: Twin lascannon
. Dreadnought combat weapon w/Storm Bolter: Storm bolter

+ Fast Attack +

Ravenwing Darkshroud [7 PL, 138pts]: Heavy bolter

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [16 PL, 330pts]
. 9x Hellblaster: 9x Plasma incinerator
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol, Plasma incinerator

+ Flyer +

Ravenwing Dark Talon [8 PL, 160pts]: 2x Hurricane bolter

++ Total: [77 PL, 1500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe (battlescribe.net)

I want to do an Imperial Knight House that's basically 40k Bretonnia. Just gotta figure out how to handle the more 'heretical' elements.

2 max units of warriors with a ghost ark is a good start. a unit of immortals with Tesla. a few units of scarabs to stop that deep strike.

For 1500 points you could take a Planetstrike Attacker for that sweet +5, or a Stronghold Assault Defender. The Hellblasters are a good choice cause WotDA is by far one of the most powerful stratagems for the green bois. I just think you may need more of a tying up force with Ravenwing and then you can probably maintain at least a couple shooting dreads for your elites.

A few questions. Primarily, and most importantly, how do people react to 20-40 Poxwalkers on the table, in a fully Death Guard army? I really dig the idea of having a wave of zombies to soak up damage, while my Plague Marines and the such do their stuff. Also, should I use Rhinos? I have a piecemeal Khorne army that footslogged for the three games I actually used them in, but I do have a Rhino that would be usable, provided I strip the badly painted, left side.

Are Demons summonable only, or can they start the game deployed on the board? Furthermore, how are Nurgle demons, because I'm tempted to try out AoS with the non-Nurgle demons I have, and a dual game army sounds pretty useful.

Lastly, how are Orks? I see that they lack a new codex, but they have a certain charm, and the Start Collecting! box has a nice amount of models for the price. Between that and the Battle for Vedros box sets (And maybe Assault on Black Reach), would that allow for a decent starting army?

Attached: 1521899202571.jpg (219x200, 8K)

Atrapos is silently the best AV/anti monster knight

Acheron is surprisingly good at anti medium vehicles and aircraft with its long range, auto hitting, good AP/damage flamethrower

Don't know shit about nurgle besides I fuck them to death, but Orkz are entirely based around Boyz and Stormboyz right now. They are literally too good to not spam them.

Wut?

Poxwalkers are fine as long as you don't invest in a poxfarm. Rhinos are a whatever choice, I'm not fond of them but they're the worst choice ever. Demons are summonable, you need to set aside points in your list to do it though. Nurgle Demons are a rock solid list, take Epedimius so you can run the tally and they're a good army. Orks should be run using the following models:

Weirdboyz
Boyz
Kustom Mek Gunz
Stormboyz

If you like those models you're fine.

Poxwalkers are fairly mediocre unless you have some other chaff to use their recursion stratagem with, but if you have Typhus they work ok.

Poxwalkers are a decent chaff unit but they are more expensive than Cultists and you really need Typhus to make them worthwhile. Nurglings are porbably also worth looking int ofor that role.
You can deploy daemons normally and summoning is really not good at all. Better to take them as a chaos daemons detachment to benefit from CD codex stratagems.

"For the lady!"
>Isha
>Secretly Knights of Nurgle

Poxwalkers become the high priority target if they're a lot of them. Anything that shoots more than once is going to be thrown into them to try and stop the advancing tide. Being survivable with added bonuses from characters helps them a lot.

Rhinos are a good idea if you need to transport shit fast, especially when you can advance as far as you can into cover and pop smoke.

Daemon summons have been labeled as shit, as you need to put points away for something that might not arrive at all if you roll horrible. The demons themselves alone work well enough without weird summoning rules.

Orks are pretty much a one trick pony for the index, even if they were regarded being the top tier when everyone was on an index. Guns do more shots and they're not as durable as poxwalkers or gaunts. So most people field up to 120 boyz minimum to even be considered a playable list.

i want unkillable front line with great artillery

I can't speak too much for DG, but as for Orks are good but as said Boyz are always going to be the backbone of any army. The stormboys are only a 2 pt upgrade for a ludicrously fast unit that can easily be made fearless on top of the orks already excellent leadership. Tankbustas are also worth mentioning as they are pretty much the only reliable ranged anti tank ranaged unit we have, but even they struggle as they are expensive and hard to protect.

Funnily enough nobz with powah stabbas in small enough units make AMAZING Da Jump targets as a suicide unit. KMK's are also pretty good.

As for HQ look pretty much exclusively at Warbosses, Ghaz and Weirdboys, maybe Big Meks depending on the list.

The bad news is pretty much every other unit borders on useless, which is a shame when so many of them are conceptually cool.

Attached: 297d7bf58c4f594e0cc7d4a02f7bdc96c7cca558ad1f8d4904af176bc98f0ef3.jpg (680x456, 23K)

do a soup list of custodians and imperial guard

Love the painted knight. The bare metal looks amazing.

All I want for my dark eldar codex is a hq that doesn't suck copious amounts of ass.

Stop this shitty meme plastic sisters are never coming.

>trusting gw after the last time they confirmed plastic sisters
You people never learn do you? You'll get maybe one good looking model and a mountain of overdesigned garbage.

baity mcbaitface

I am scared, fa/tg/uys.

What if Nurgle infects the new sisters with terrible GW Studio manface?

Thanks!

I'm currently adding some decals to him

Attached: Piratrapos.jpg (1307x698, 358K)

Helmets exist, I hope we get this type of headgear..

Attached: Sister_Sin.jpg (550x490, 80K)

>Implying anything else is a possibility

Just do it you pathetic worm.

Could maybe do with breaking up the monocolour just a touch more?

Get him 2* forgebane halves and 1-2 of the new SC + 1 of the old SC if possible

You'll need an imperial soup.

What? You mean you don't want female models with strong, masculine jawlines and heavy brows?

You make me sick.

Base colour, wash, edge highlight, sharp edge highlight.

how long does a spray take to dry under "normal" conditions

>base color
>layer to get a more vibrant or different color
>shade
>neaten up if you need
>highlight
>neaten up if you need
>edge highlight
>repeat

30 mins normally, like an hour if you're spraying in conditions you shouldn't be spraying in anyway.

I hope they have interchangeable breasts of different sizes.

I try to leave at least an hour before trying to paint, 20 minutes is probably fine though

Dry only like half an hour but you should let it cure for a while after

I deeply enjoy the idea of fighting a zombie plague,so so long as you don’t do that weird combo with respawning cultists and not being allowed to target certain things I’ll gladly take on 80-odd poxwalkers. Hell, bring 150! I like being outnumbered as a guard army!

Attached: EB1DA75C-7E28-45F9-B657-EBC4C6553FCD.jpg (4032x3024, 3.55M)

abusive dark eldar goth gf pls go

15 or less mins in fair conditions, barely any time at all if it’s metal. GW stuff is really nice (better be for the cost), dries quick and goes a long way.

I don't mind this but when the result is the House Escher models I recoil in horror.

Stats depend on tit sizes.

Better to base then shade THEN layer if the layer color is the desired result.

what's the difference between the first and second highlights?
t. newfag

>proposed guardsman rules
>higher chance of impregnation for bigger cup sizes
>higher chance of taken alongside IG detachments

First highlight is for the edges
Second highlight is for the edges’ edges!

as a world eaters player, I can't stand that cultist stratagem. everything tells me cultists are op and that I should play them, but I want to play chaos SPACE MARINES god damnit.

Attached: 1521819568909.jpg (592x552, 226K)

What is the SC? I'm new to necron terms mostly. But alright I had a forge bane on order already for another friend who has an AdMech army

The second highlight is more 'extreme' and is usually done on the sharpest edges/the edges most prominent to incoming light. You usually do it an even brighter shade, but only on the edges you really want to stand out.

How much white is mixed in the color you are painting

Start collecting box. Nothing to do with necron terms.

They really need to stop cultists from using VotlW.

Attached: 1478402325062.gif (350x263, 80K)

Looks amazing with Decals too. Good job user.

Which Primarch is most likely to come back in a Dreadnought?

Attached: BT_dreadnought.jpg (557x866, 118K)

basically you apply the first highlight to every raised detail or vertice, and is brighter that the base coat. you apply the second highlight more selectively, but on top of the previous highlight. this highlight is brighter than the previous.

This...

Breast part sprues would be sick. Finally we would start to see titty-Tau...

It should really have been Guilliman but probably Ferrus