How big do you prefer to make your giants, Veeky Forums? How much of a threat should a giant be?

How big do you prefer to make your giants, Veeky Forums? How much of a threat should a giant be?

Attached: lellis_giants_by_blazbaros-d3ln457.png (1115x717, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kLSZ_Sao2KU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's not my fetish so it doesn't really matter. Whatever could plausibly be killed by the party if they get clever.

Attached: furry think.png (327x300, 85K)

>dat storm giant

Karbo-tier.

Back one looks nice

DESU Waifu-tier common giant looks alright

I suppose I should also ask what the giant's relationship to magic should be? Should they have an affinity for magic, should they be incapable of it, should they be resistant to it, etc.?

Attached: 208681.jpg (1200x900, 463K)

Actually has it about right for me now that I think about it, but storm giant's a pretty good size

How the hell does one even fight a Karbo sized giant? Especially if you aren't capable of magic, it would realistically be impossible.

Attached: 1519026009762.png (1433x1965, 1.11M)

Depends on the breed really. Because in my game there is a subspecies of Orcs that are lumped in with Giantkin, as are Golaiths. I don't make them any bigger than stone giant dude if pcs are gonna fight them. One in back would be a titan from the dawn of creation that died off.

Attached: chicks dig giant robots.jpg (1024x732, 219K)

About the size of the ones in GoT.
Add armor.
Add a scythe/mace

A massive threat.

Attached: 1414263839893.png (421x500, 258K)

>One in back would be a titan from the dawn of creation that died off.
How come everytime there's some massive godlike titan creature, it's always dead by the time the heroes begin their adventures?

Attached: 71060.jpg (1400x1350, 911K)

>How the hell does one even fight a Karbo sized giant?
You don't.

How do insects fight humans? Even the most formidable and venomous insects get no more then an ew and a stomp from a passersby.

You already made another anime fetish thread.

Because otherwise the game has to be about them, in the same way that life was About Mammoths when there were mammoths everywhere.

But what would even kill off creatures of such a size? Any creature big enough to kill such a Titan would presumably just take its place in the hierarchy and thus the game would have to be about the Titan's killers rather than the Titan's themselves.

Perhaps they could kill themselves off, but that always seems rather unlikely to me, even when humans are constantly going to war with themselves and other species they nonetheless manage to survive and thrive in most settings.

Attached: 1518470022611.jpg (768x1024, 98K)

Frost giant height would be near the max.

>How much of a threat should a giant be?
As much of a threat as a catapult with a high rate of fire.

The vore and unbirth overlap I can see, but why are there so many macrophilic footfags?

Probably because when the girl is giant the only thing that is eye level with you is her feet. Although the OP pic doesn't really have vor nor unbirth nor feet fetishes in the pic.

Attached: size_and_sorcery___the_accidental_shrinking_by_notetz-d8m0x18.jpg (1024x724, 215K)

>But what would even kill off creatures of such a size?

Meteors or starvation

>How big do you prefer to make your giants, Veeky Forums?

As big as humans with gigantism.

I mean if you have "humans with dwarfism" the race, why not "humans with gigantism" the race

That would be the goliath race.

Roughly 2-2.5x average human size.
Having a moderate sized giant fetish is suffering

The point of something that big is to either climb on top of it or crawl around inside it.

And it's not lewd if they've been dead for millenia!

...I still remember Frost Giant Quest.

Fire giant is just about perfect for a normal giant. Joryun is deity-level size.

Big enough to count as giants, not big enough that traditional dungeon-delving or pub-crawling requires an escape artist check.

Attached: hights.png (1500x775, 84K)

note the hoverhands

Pretty sure in that scene the robot's paralyzed

Level 100+
No scaling limits
It's a fun way to play, if very, very destructive to the landscape

user pls stop, we already have a giantess fetish thread.

Attached: Stop.png (400x340, 83K)

Is this really a thing? Please tell me this isn't a thing.

Attached: 1519257554256.jpg (1191x670, 120K)

>Local titan stoned to death by angry mage

Attached: 1509568397754.png (446x563, 174K)

Are you new to the internet? If so - get out while you still can.

user giantess fetish isn't nearly the weirdest one. It's when you start comboing other fetishes into it that is starts getting crazy.

But footfags like small feet.

Realistically, super huge giants would be essentially unable to move due to the square cube law. But if we assume proportional strength, then realistically, not even an army of preindustrial humans could hope to defeat a giant over say, 30 feet, except by a war of attrition, a lucky hit with a cannon, or perhaps poison

Proportionally they can be small, to the giant.

I'm sure in a world with giants like that, humans have more stuff available to them compared to real world humans.

You know, in a setting with a lot of Giants, I tend to view the situation as a bit reversed. Everything is sized to them and Humans are the tiny ones.

Attached: 1521531570906.gif (480x270, 2.26M)

Certainly humans could come up with ways to protect land against giants up to a certain point. Large ballistas and cannons and big ass pit falls and what not. But in terms of taking the fight TO the giants, transportation is a huge problem without combustion engines

Dark Souls sized. Most of them around O&S size, with a rare "only one in existance" super-boss that's the size of Yhorm

Attached: ac012df05bde1ee1d5f9268b2692f70f.jpg (600x827, 194K)

not that big compared to other monsters (ogres) to mountain-sized (titans) it's all good.
Tho like dragons, most giants are too powerful for me to use in the majority of my campaigns.
I've been wanting to run the 3 against the giants classic D&D adventures for years but regardless of what edition I play, no campaign ever reaches the necessary levels.

>Large, but small enough to work on human-scale crafts without too much help. Keeping them a little smaller keeps them a little more believable too.
>They're too small to eat people, but they are big enough to knock houses down. Don't fuck around with giants.

you could always start above level 1

My players are dummies so trying to start above level 1 is too complex for them
they need to learn the system from scratch every time

Best way to handle it yeah
And it's a direction most people don't go for some reason

Disease works pretty well and God forbid if insects had human level intelligence and could work together.

Most adventures are power fantasies. Few people want to fantasize about being a pest in some giant's home.

Attached: 1521880485370.png (1200x1800, 1.22M)

It depends on the way it's presented. You could go for an Alice in Wonderland type feel, with Mousefolk and Bugpeople cities in the "walls" and the Giants being not just big Humans, but all sorts of creatures and beings.

You still get to adventure and take down weird things, but under the shadow of bigger things.

Just some weird portal shenanigans where they wind up in a place where everything is supersized. You wind up with massive Sabertoothed !Tigers everywhere, and find massive castles in what are basically cabinets.

You talk to people and tell them you’re from a place without Titans and they don’t believe you

Attached: 2F4956E7-E73A-43E0-9F67-1782C5E80536.png (1200x902, 365K)

God damnit, now I have a new fetish.

If they aren't at least 3 times as tall as an average person they don't really feel like giants to me.

Not too big. About the size of the "Common giant" in your picture, at most. Now deities and godlike monsters can be way bigger of course.

> But what would even kill off creatures of such a size
Low blood pressure.

We can always have more though

Large, and stupid. Storm giants and the like are just titans, I don't think they really count as mortal creatures.

Just combine Hill giants and ogres together and I'm good. Maybe 10-12 feet tall, fairly low tech.

I use Yhorm as the standard

Entering his ear

Let's be real here: Anything bigger than 3 meters tall should be capable to fuck a regular human VERY easily
4-6 meters tall and it takes a small army to kill the fucker
Bigger than that and the best you can do is stay out of it's way. At that point it shouldn't be considered a target, but rather a force of nature. You stay out of it's path and hope it doesn't come for you.
This, of course, is because of the square-cube law. A 10 meters tall humanoid would need to have absurdly high bone density and ridiculous amounts of muscle just to be able to stand and move around. They wouldn't be tall anime girls, they'd be nightmare made material.
So I have this idea for a giant species (think 10-12 meters tall giants, low fantasy setting)
A hungering monstrosity, as wide as a tower and tall enough to crush a man under it's feet.
This would be a setting where regular humans aren't at the top of the food chain, meaning they'd probably be prey to these creatures, since to sustain their grotesque forms they'd need insane amounts of food.
When one of these things marches down from the mountains, the smaller races band together. The destruction they cause is comparable to a hurricane or an earthquake. Nothing stands in it's way. At least not for long.
The elf, the dwarf, the orc and the man all cower the same before the giant and they all know that the price for not helping when one of the monsters comes for the others is being left on your own when they inevitably come for you
To the giants, the greatest hero and the lowliest soldier are equally as threatening. The ranger's arrows and the wizard's fireballs feel to the giant like a caress, his hide thickened from a hundred thousand scars from previous incursions and fights with it's equals in the mountains.
Only heavy siege weapons can take them down and the giants know this. They dodge faster than a creature that size should be able, so the only real option is tiring it out or starving it via scorched earth tactics

For fetish purposes: somewhere between tall enough to comfortably rest her head on my chin, and twice my height. Anything taller than that is degenerate.

For purely fantasy, I also don't like 'em too big as at that point they just become part of the scenery, unable to meaningfully communicate with humans. I'd say that going by your pic's standards, a cloud giant or storm giant would be my max.

>For fetish purposes: somewhere between tall enough to comfortably rest her head on my chin, and twice my height. Anything taller than that is degenerate.
While I agree with your good tastes, there is quite the appeal in something that can hold you in the palm of her hand
Or use your body as a toy

My logic is that if a humanoid being has to rely on machinery to believably take it down, it's too big to have a personality of its own. Even if they aren't human, they need to be able to have face-to-face conversations, and people need to be able to anthropomorphize them easily, and to interact physically with one another without humans just getting squashed by a giant creature rolling over itself.

Here all these anons worried about giants being too pwerful when I've got 100+ level gods that can cast fireballs with no scaling limit. Huh.

Big enough to be intimidating but small enough that they can actually interact with nongiants.
HERPDERPCONTINENT sized giants are retarded and severely break my willing suspension of disbelief in all but the most absurd of settings and the even dumber planet sized ones just leave me with question about how the hell such a creature would even move in a vacuum.

>aliens are so tiny they're barely even visible to the naked eye
>interact with humans using machines that are huge to them but only slightly less tiny to humans

Attached: img501bbd5b44232.jpg (1024x5136, 1.32M)

Fire giant is the ideal size. Storm is qt but you can't even interact properly at that size difference.

Joryun is obviously the best, you posers.

>giants live in very cold areas
>still use very little clothing despite being relatively civilized
>people accuse me of magical realm
>explain the square-cube law and its consequences for giant biology
Safe

Attached: 1501708455484.png (500x405, 180K)

>rest her head on my chin

Because then the heroes would want to go off and kill it.

Not if it's a cute princess.

Attached: 1517119189592.jpg (1700x1100, 625K)

So, the Vl'hurgs and G'gugvunts, then?

youtube.com/watch?v=kLSZ_Sao2KU

Attached: Battlefleet.png (1440x1111, 572K)

Sticking with the Macross theme, how do you justify Space Giants? Lower gravity? Higher Oxygen content? Genetic Engineering?

Or are Humans just the small ones of the galaxy?

>Or are Humans just the small ones of the galaxy?
Honestly prefer this one

Though soft scifi mix of lower gravity and what not is good too

You stop, the world needs more giantess fetish shit

Big enough to ride on her boobs.

Attached: gorgon2.jpg (670x1199, 210K)

Most giants in my games are plant based, since trees are very light in comparison to their size and can grow to incredible sizes, plus the amount of food a giant would have to ingest would be insane versus photosynthetic and nutrient absorbtion efficiency of plants, think like ents but without the wildly different sizes and variations, and instead of being giant sized theyre more like skyscrapper sized, lumbering giants, a la shadow of the colossus

Something like this where the feet are actually lined with a huge root system that burrows into the earth and absorbs nitrogen wherever it stops

Attached: Leviathan.jpg (985x1334, 157K)

Never understood why dragon-human hybrids aren't at least half the size of a dragon, size never seems to be inherited for some reason.

Attached: a2cf3b434eb9b2c7956735c7f3bff041e024eecd.png (914x1009, 1.47M)

giantesses should be very weak and easy to defeat and to prone to being bullied for their size

Attached: tumblr_o2gjq1kYVR1v4j5zyo1_500.png (500x328, 87K)

>How much of a threat shout a giant be?

A big one.

It throws a wrench in things. You can do all sorts of John Carter stuff in a low gravity world, but does it still carry the same merit if your are Rodent sized compared to everything?

That's real cool. Give us more details.

It's an inconvenience to deal with in DnD stories. But still a cool idea to deal with

Guns and cannons. Nothing can stand against the black powder.

9-12 ft tall. in a low fantasy setting i'd make them the most difficult thing you can fight.

>Never understood why dragon-human hybrids aren't at least half the size of a dragon
Because that would mean that any M dragon F human pregnancy would result in a horrible death for the mother and almost certainly before the fetus reaches the point of viability.

Pretty sure the mother would be ripped in half by the dragons cock the first time they had sex, which seems like a far bigger issue.

Attached: 222121.png (1149x1275, 2.18M)

You can put semen in a hole without putting the cock in a hole.

Similar, except they know they're tiny and are trying to be friendly with the bigger races.
>one of the PCs is the commander of a pocket-sized battle fleet
>when they're not adventuring, he lives in a miniature city on another PCs bookshelf

Attached: dindrenzi.jpg (2173x629, 907K)

That still has to be weird, living on someone else's furniture. Even if there are arrangements and contracts and the like, you live next to someone's Xbox controller and their books double as walls

It would take me a lot while to take that in

Male average height is 412.3 cm (13 ft 6.3 in) with a standard deviation of 24.7 cm (9.7 in), 235% of a human male.
Female average height is 405.5 cm (13 ft 3.6 in) with a standard deviation of 23.8 cm (9.3 in), 250% of a human female.
Both are close in weight to a scaled-up human, with the males averaging at 978 kg (2155 lbs) and females averaging at 893 kg (1970 lbs), which make them seem lanky due to the necessary larger density of their strong bones and muscles.

Just think of it as some fancy themeing to an apartment or something

It's like a cosmic horror story where some of the horrors turn out to be reasonable people. You might not ever fully get used to it but it's a lot easier if you hang out with one that likes you.

Each giant is an individual, some are pretty chill, some are assholes.

Assuming pre-gunpowder medieval-ish technology? Siege weapons? Actually, probably lighter, more mobile field engines rather than really heavy stuff. It's better to hit with disabling stuff than to rely on heavier stuff you can never bring to bear. Massed archers could probably disable a giant with pain. Going by the size of the guy in the picture, I'd say the giant is somewhere in the 70 to 100 feet range. An arrow might be 2 1/2 inches long relative to her, and I want you to imagine a cloud of 2 1/2 inch long needles hitting you. Granted, they're going to be going at a pretty slow speed relative to your size, but they're still gonna hurt like a bitch, and probably seriously deter you from advancing any further.

I think the goal is to make the giant fall, or at least pin her down long enough to train heavy siege weapons on her. While she's upright, shock weapons are clearly out, but javelins and slings could be used alongside bows. Once she's down, pikes and lances might be useful, though getting close to her is still going to be dangerous. Still, a good, long pike might be a foot long compared to her, so that's not nothing, and she's not going to want to swat or kick at a phalanx that's just a hedgehog of sharp needles from her perspective.

If canons and firearms are on the table, those are obviously the answer.

If the giant isn't the setting it is too small.

Attached: 31836.jpg (615x900, 499K)

About like OP's spectrum of sizes and, for the most part, not very. Much bigger than the cloud giant pictured and what exactly is the point in even interacting with humans if you can just avoid them? None of their stuff is worth having and there's larger prey to eat. For anything in the fire or common giant range you could probably have meaningful relationships with a human community, and you're not QUITE big enough to get away with raiding villages for long. So while the relationships might not always be the greatest, it's easier to try and get along than to not.

If you're going to have a giant problem it's going to be from something around the size of the frost, forest, and stone giants. They're in the right place to potentially benefit from raiding while being better able to escape meaningful consequences.

I reverse elf and human, otherwise, good taste.