Horus Heresy General /hhg/

Moonman edition.

Previous >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

>HH rulebook
>epub
mediafire.com/file/mmr4e1yy7fnyxgy/HH_Rule_Book.epub
>pdf
www34.zippyshare.com/v/3a2haZF4/file.htm

Attached: taticalmoonincoming!.png (811x542, 712K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BU5X9xWz4rA&t=1s
www106.zippyshare.com/v/FMtKSVew/file.html
www106.zippyshare.com/v/w61Y7sYq/file.html
www106.zippyshare.com/v/CXhpmnQq/file.html
www106.zippyshare.com/v/eRMBRf0O/file.html
mega.nz/#!vFBjhAYI!zp85DqVUKTUfbYynnP2bbDnwKe7g9BIh9AtDU3rcSG0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for Ordo Reductor

Attached: Bringers of Blessed Ruin.png (671x634, 967K)

Wait what is the point level?

Attached: admech21.png (1047x919, 1.28M)

2500, I'm 25 points over

Didn't know if you were shooting for 3000 and seeing what to add or 2500 or seeing what to drop.

As for your list I have some questions first.
>Who is going in the storm eagle?
>What units are your independent characters joining?
>How do you intend to deal with super heavy vehicles and/or vehicles with flare shields?

Dorn and the Templars in the Storm Eagle, The Siege Breaker with the Raiper team, and I was hoping that was something the heavy weapons and storm eagle can take care of.

#
Ccws on tactical squads is meh, sure there is some syngery with that RoW but still. You're going to want to get them in close for the +1 to wounds and get an extra attack each model which will probably hit on 3's.

It's a miniscule bump in power but it comes down to you spending extra points on what's already seen as a tax unit to most players.

Vets with hb's + acid rounds is vicious in Iron Wing. RAW they auto wound since it's a 2+ poison so even on 1's you're getting that 2. To add more with sniper you're dealing a wound to anything on a 3 since that bumps up to a 4.

Combi-bolters are nice as are volkites but with no characters or unlocking vets and termites units as troops is a hassle to fit in considering it's suppose to be an armor RoW. I've had good experiences leaving most of the army as troops with single unit heavy support choices bit that's taking advantage of only half of its benefits

Are Blackshields considered crap if they’re not running Chymeria? I like the idea of Death Seekers and was wondering if this list was a decent start to an army of them. Thoughts on my list because I would really appreciate the help.

Blackshields 2K
Loyalist: Death Seekers

HQ: Reaver Lord w/ Art Armor, Iron Halo, Cyber Familiar, Rad Grenades, Combi-Melta, and Thunder Hammer 225pts

HQ: Librarian w/ ML2, Art Armor, Refractor Field, and Force Sword 135pts

Elites: Apothecary Detachment of 1 w/ a Powersword 55pts

Elites: Vet Squad of 10 w/ Marskmen, 2 Missile Launchers w/ Suspensor Webs, and a Sergeant w/ a Thunder Hammer 230pts

Troops: Marauder Squad of 16 w/ 3 Meltaguns, 3 Astartes Shotguns, 8 Bolters, 1 Heavy Chainsword, and Marauder Chief w/ a Combi-Melta and Powerfist 351pts

Troops: Marauder Squad of 9 w/ 1 Meltagun, 3 Astartes Shotguns, 4 Bolters, and Marauder Chief w/ Combi-Plasma and Thunder Hammer 224pts

Transport: Rhino w/ Extra Armor 40pts

Troops: Support Squad of 5 w/ Volkite Calivers 120pts

Heavy Support: Deredeo Dreadnought w/ Arachnus Lascannons, Aiolos Missile Launcher, and TL-Heavy Bolter 270pts

Heavy Support: Spartan Tank w/ Flare Shields 350pts

Total = 2000 points

Attached: CB8DA346-CF93-41E6-B62C-C339721DA514.jpg (633x968, 97K)

deja vu

Hey guys, looking for feeback on my groups first batrep.
>Ignore the sneeze
>next batrep we will use a static shot of the armies instead of the flyovers we used for this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=BU5X9xWz4rA&t=1s

It's fluffy but I see a few things you're going to have trouble with.

You're going to need a domacles for the reserve manipulation, a lot of your stuff is in reserves. I could take the storm shields off of the teleporting termies since they'll spend a turn standing there, maybe a dread claw?

Melts bombs on the vets is a must since you're lacking anti armor minus the last cannons which will take a ton of fire asap. Siege breaker on the HWS is meh, yeah you get phosphex but the unit already has tank hunter and Dorn with Templars is another meh for a few reasons. First they already have furious charge and you're going to want Dorn fighting the enemies best stick which Templars have a problem dealing with since they're AP 3 mostly.

I'd stick Dorn in with a storm shield termi squad to get the most out of him. Storm birds are alright with the lascannons and missiles but you aren't going to get a charge until at least turn 3 with most of your units as they are now with a possible turn 5 charge if everything goes wrong.

I'd give more advice but I'm on my phone and I can't see what I've typed already. I'll clear anything up if what I said didn't make sense.

I wouldn't rely heavily on the storm eagle to kill tanks DESU. I think my main issue is the lack of heavy anti-tank, what I would probably do is drop the HWS and get a sicaran venator or maybe a lightning with kraken missiles, although I would probably go for the former. If you go with the venator this leaves you with 20 points (may throw a cheap pintle weapon on it for weapon destroyed results). I also might suggest dropping the lascannons on the storm eagle, which would free up a combined 55-60 points. If you invested 30 into giving the rapiers shatter shells you would have a decent base for anti-tank.
>Sicaran venator can fire off 2 str 10 AP 1 ordnance and shock pulse shots, which can kill AV 15
>Quad guns can fire off 12 str 8 AP 4 sunder shots, which can do some damage to AV 14 and easily kill AV 13 vehicles
>Dreadnought gives you 12 str 6 rending shots at BS 5, which can chew through light armour and potentially even pen/glance AV 14 and 15

The sicaran will likely be your work horse for anti-tank, but the quad guns and dreadnought can help deal with a rhino rush or someone who brings a lot of light and medium armour.

Beyond that I also tend to find thunder hammers inefficient so I would suggest swapping them with fists, but I understand if it is an aesthetic choice.

I don't have Inferno, but can someone give me a run down on what the Sons of Horus were doing on Prospero? I've heard snippets here and there, but not the full story.
Thanks

deja vu times two

Also the points for your quads is off. It's 20 points to get quads and another 20 for phosphex.

Another thing I didn't mention is that a Kyribdis is better than the Storm bird for what you're using it for and you'll get a turn 2 charge with Rogal Motherfucking Dorn which ruins people's days.

Not to give to much criticism but missile launchers on Fist heavy support squads go a loooong way as far as

Kidnapping psykers.

>>'The Purging ofTizca Even as the Space Wolves reserves raced to reinforce Leman Russ and spill the blood of the Thousand Sons, the smaller Sons of Horus contingent landing in their wake set themselves to a far darker task whose implications have been largely ignored by later historians. Directed by Boros Kurn, whose intent originated with the Warmaster, the Sons of Horus and those auxiliaries bound to them spread out across the pacified districts of northern Tizca and began to round up all of the men and women of Prospero still to be found there. Clad in sea-green power armour and with vox-amplifiers blaring, the Sons of Horus drove great crowds of refugees into hastily assembled holding areas. Those few who dared to resist were either slain out of hand, their corpses ho'isted high on the once pristine brickwork ofTizca's promenades, or brutally mutilated and left in the streets as living warnings against disobedience.'

>>'Within the holding areas, the Sons of Horus began to systematically sort and catalogue the now captive citizens of the Imperium while the desperate battle still raged. Some few were removed and taken aboard the Sons of Horus cruiser waiting in low orbit, perhaps as many as several thousand such individuals, while the rest met a far more grisly fate. Once the sorting had been completed and those chosen individuals were removed, the Sons of Horus pulled back from that holding area before directing artillery to flatten it and obliterate all trace of those who had once occupied it. Few records now mention these activities. And what the Sons of Horus were searching for is uncertain, but given the propensity for the denizens ofProspero to develop psychic talents and the later appearance oflarge numbers of rogue psykers in the auxiliary and cultic units fielded by both the Sons of Horus and Word Bearers during the Horus Heresy, there may be a link, though this is something that cannot now be proven. However, Horus was ever known for his foresight and unwillingness to abandon an asset that he might later use to good effect. '

They did nothing and their ships were not heavier when they left.

stealing psychers, Prospero had a lot of them (it was planet of the Sorcerers not just because of the 1k Sons), a useful tool to have on hand, so the SoH took as many as they could find.

Well Id really like some help on my list

>Are Blackshields considered crap if they’re not running Chymeria?
Blackshields are always considered crap. Chymeria just brings them up to meme-tier.

They nobly stepped in to save Prosperine refugees from the carnage.

It's not that running anything else is crap, its just that Chymeria is so amazingly powerful. Playing S5, T5 marines are just so powerful. Also since normal marauders can take chainaxes, bringing their strength to 6, its pretty damn powerful. Death Seekers is cool and good, but 6+ FNP and quasi-shooting fearless is just never as good.

Also for your list, take out the veteran and replace it with the contemptor. Firstly, because never leave home without a contemptor, they're just always good. Secondly, you don't really need them in this list.

Marauders are the best thing in Blackshields, they are dead killy and dead customisable. Your list already has them kitted out with meltas, and they can get work done in melee excellently if you give them all chainaxes (which you definitely should).

Kidnap psykers, execute civilians and imperial army leftovers, also probably kill SoH loyallists

Reposting from prevous

>Burden of Loyalty
epub - www106.zippyshare.com/v/FMtKSVew/file.html
mobi - www106.zippyshare.com/v/w61Y7sYq/file.html

Audio
Audio file 1 - www106.zippyshare.com/v/CXhpmnQq/file.html

Audio file 2 - www106.zippyshare.com/v/eRMBRf0O/file.html

Or
mega.nz/#!vFBjhAYI!zp85DqVUKTUfbYynnP2bbDnwKe7g9BIh9AtDU3rcSG0

What sort of psychic powers would the NLs use? I remember something about their Librarians "eating the dreams" of Curze but what else?

Attached: NL_Tactical_Support_Legionary.jpg (629x971, 43K)

Interromancy.

Except it's unavailable.

Fug. I'd figure they would use some sort of mind game illusion to make people think they explode into bats or something.

Attached: NL_Assault_Squad_Sgt.jpg (700x990, 48K)

Divination and Telepathy.

Telepathy

Attached: NL.jpg (520x90, 22K)

That wouldn't be an unreasonable idea.
NL geneseed (apparently) creates prognosticators that seem cursed to only see deaths or bad ends. It's part of what makes them cynical and paranoid. That's Divination.
Actual NL Librarians would try and control that and also learn powers that suit their ethos, such as Terrify, Hallucinate and the new Mind Howl. That's Telepathy.

Damn man, that's some good advice thank you. I was stuck on an alternative armor list but now I have shit to consider.

>NL geneseed (apparently) creates prognosticators that seem cursed to only see deaths or bad ends. It's part of what makes them cynical and paranoid.
I actually forgot about that thanks. I knew something besides Nostramo made them emo.
>Actual NL Librarians would try and control that and also learn powers that suit their ethos, such as Terrify, Hallucinate and the new Mind Howl. That's Telepathy.
Thank you, user. You and the other guys cleared this up pretty well.

Attached: first_founding__night_lords___legiones_viii___by_belazikkal-d4vzs9k.png (900x1130, 312K)

Honestly, while it sounds cheesy on the surface, I think any power that replicates or homages some Dracula / vampire shit would be fine. That's not to say I think they should be able to shapeshift, but as you say, make it look like they do to scare people or help in running away.
So Div and TP and the best choices.

Though I'd even give props to an oppo for running biomancy on a NL in such a context, as vamps are often shown to be fast as fuck and super strong. Imagine a Night Lord with Warp Speed coming at you out of the shadows, I'd fucking shit myself right then and there.

I'm not saying actually shapeshifting just the appearance to exploding into bats just warp funkery to make others think they did.
>Honestly, while it sounds cheesy on the surface, I think any power that replicates or homages some Dracula / vampire shit would be fine.
I am surprised no one at GW/FW have done that already with bat explosion.
>Though I'd even give props to an oppo for running biomancy on a NL in such a context, as vamps are often shown to be fast as fuck and super strong. Imagine a Night Lord with Warp Speed coming at you out of the shadows, I'd fucking shit myself right then and there.
Top spooky. 8/8 flayed skins. Would go out in midnight clad with.

Attached: night_lord_by_darkchild130-d4w4nbn.jpg (1076x743, 49K)

Why are loyalist TS so lore-breaking in your mind? At the time of the prospero attack yes, there would have been a bit of a price on their heads. However once Horus's treachery was revealed and Shit Went Down in a big way, with half the galaxy rebelling, there's no reason TS would still be getting hunted down specifically, so I don't get why a loyalist contingent of TS would be "absurd", "ridiculous" or "wince-inducing". Every other traitor legion (except WB, obviously) had loyalist forces and nobody bats an eyelid, for crying out loud.

Sorry to bring this into a new thread, but it irked me in the same way that "[legion] didn't use [artillery/bikes/vehicles/terminators/whatever], so your army's unfluffy" does.

Where was info about traitor Space Wolves helping Sons of Horus?

>3 Meltaguns, 3 Astartes Shotguns, 8 Bolters, 1 Heavy Chainsword, and Marauder Chief w/ a Combi-Melta and Powerfist
I get wanting it to seem like a hodge podge force, but this seems tiresome, a shooting phase involving 3-4 different guns within the same unit for no real reason that I can see.

However as for the actual list I see little point for the apothecary, 55 points to boost one FnP from 6+ to 5+ doesn't seem worth it. Beyond that I don't see much point to the spartan as none of your units seem important enough to warrant such an expensive transport, it's not like you have a 10 man terminator squad or anything and points saved on that can be reinvested into more units dedicated towards killing.

Also I am curious as to how death seekers should be run, they are actually pretty okay at taking hits from shooting (6+ FnP, no morale checks from shooting) which makes me think that your list would be better served as a gunline army with a few relatively cheap melee units to act as a screen against enemy melee units. So for example if I were you I might use 20 man marauder blobs with some heavy weapons (ie. heavy bolters, autocannons, or missile launchers) with some 5 man squads with chainaxes to tie up enemy melee units for a turn allowing the rest of your army to chew through them. The rest of the army might be made up of quad mortars, tanks, and dreadnoughts to add even more firepower and maybe some sniper vets to outflank and capture forward objectives. Just my thoughts on how the army might work best.

>except WB, obviously
The Horus Heresy series includes a loyalist Word Bearer. Of course rules for them don't even exist so it's a moot point.

I didn't even know that was a thing. Sorry, dude.
Inferno has a bit about Sons of Horus showing up to "support" the Wolves during the Battle of Prospero.

Narek wasn’t a loyalist.

I heard about some SW helping SoH during Heresy.

not the same user you were replying to (I'm the one who suggested Malcador using them as an army) but here's my thoughts anyway.

Loyalist TS isn't lore breaking there were as you say forces of every traitor legion that sided against Horus. What you don't see is them fighting on masse with Imperial forces. They either get rid of their legion symbols and fight as black shields or fight in their original units as standalone groups of renegades.

Any groups of marines from traitor legions turning up at Sol would be destroyed first and questioned later. The loyalist traitor legionnaries you find fighting with imperial forces are now knights errant that are basically Malcadors blackshields and so far as have been seen are all individuals recruited with the strictest possible safeguards.

The issue is more them fighting at Terra, you're forcing yourself through hoops to do that. It would be much easier to say they're a loyalist TS garrison that heard about the heresy/saw visions of what was to come and launched themselves into a vengeful campaign against the traitors like the shattered legions. No need to construct a complex backstory or jump through any hoops they're just loyalist TS job done.

>The issue is more them fighting at Terra
That was actually a bad choice of words on my part. By "fight for Terra" I meant that they stayed loyal. In retrospect that was a horrible way of wording it and I can absolutely understand the confusion. I did not mean to imply that they took part in the fighting during the Siege of Terra.
I really should have just said "stayed actively loyal to the Emperor in the fight against Horus," or something like that.
Even having them fighting with other Imperial allies was kind of an afterthought. I already have the SoS, and it sort of made sense to me that if anyone were to keep an eye on 1ksons, it would be them. I'd only take them if I have points left over, though.

I understand that the general consensus on the Age of Darkness Allies Matrix is that it's a bit wonky, but one that stands out as being particularly odd is Night Lords being buddy-buddy with Death Guard.
I can't really see how they'd be anything than ambivalent. Wouldn't Death Guard just think NLs are scum?
Or did they realize that no one would be friend with Night Lords and just randomly give them one friend so NLs wouldn't be 30k Tyranids?

>Or did they realize that no one would be friend with Night Lords and just randomly give them one friend so NLs wouldn't be 30k Tyranids?
I feel like EC and NL should be closer, Fulgrim did tutor Curze after all and Fulgrim was the guy Curze went to about his visions first (Fulgrim telling Dorn). Even if the two primarchs had a falling out after that, which I am not aware of, the legions could reasonably be expected to remain somewhat close.

Ah cool, in case that I'd have no issue with your force.

I'd expect them to hate each other what with the fact that Curze is a witch and his legion has a high instance of precog psykers

& Mortarions feelings about psykers. The NL would just view the Death Guard as idiots for taking beatings without complaining rather than just running away and mugging an easier target.

Interesting. I never knew that bit 'o fluff.
Kinda makes me want to see something like this, but with Fulgrim diligently making a beautiful banner and Curze making the face-cape.

Attached: sewing lesson 2.jpg (555x350, 158K)

>fighting en masse
That's the thing though, age of darkness games aren't about massive armies, most battles are only like a company at most. You don't need to find justification for large forces banding up with large forces, just for a squad or three (because that's all the allied detachment allows) joining along with a half-company or whatever.

I'll agree that Terra's a tricky sell for user though. Personally I'd go with "desperate times call for desperate measures" and have them deployed outside the walls in that old military favourite, Operation Speedbump. But even that's fairly contrived.

Ah, I see user actually doesn't need to justify them being on Terra. Never mind then.

Morty and Curze were close

While Fulgrim and Curze may have gotten along to some degree, but the legions themselves did not. Like with the World Eaters, the Emperor's Children were not a fan of the Night Lords combat style, as well as their general behavior.

that makes no sense, I get that they're both dicks so have something in common but Morty's main personality trait is I HATE PSYKERS. Curze is a psyker so you do the math.

Curze is not a willing psyker, and cannot control the visions he gets. Don't forget that Curze and his legion also despise warp fuckery, so there's that as well

Curze was supported librarians on Nikea

Morty doesn't come across as the kind of chap to make subtle distinctions when it comes to witchery, Curze is a psyker so should really be at least super suspicious of him at all times.

I can sort of see it.
>Disgusting. Psykers are aberrant freaks.
>Fucking tell me about it. Fuck psychic powers.
>I was talking about you, Konrad.
>Me too. Being a psyker is bullshit. Psykers are bullshit.
>Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
>Let's say it at the same time.
>>KILL 'EM ALL
>Dude, did we just become best friends?
>I think we did!

although I now realise that his 1st Captain is also a latent psyker. God Morty is such a fuck up, what is with him always having the exact wrong opinion on people.

Did he? As far as I was aware, only Zharost was present at Nikea.

And even if he did, it wouldn't matter; the Khan spearheaded the Librarian project yet Morty turned to him for anti sorcery help

It sounds like you’re wanting him to play Death Guard mixed with Iron Warriors.

Would you recommend a Kheres/DCCW/Plasma Blaster Contemptor then?

Also yeah I’m definitely giving them all chainaxes.

Attached: curze.jpg (887x204, 106K)

Hmmm, regarding the whole Curze psykery thing I believe that it was a secret until the last quarter of the GC, by which the legions might well have become friends
Yes, and you can see that the Khan is also listed, even though Mortarion went to him to cry about traitor sorcery

I personally like spear and spear match ups
>Palatine blades with jump packs and phoenix spears fighting alongside raptors with chainglaives
>Emperor's Children champion with a power spear fighting alongside a night lords champion with a chainglaive
The Emperor's Children start out as an opposite to the Night Lords, glorious and noble and end up in every way the equals of the Night Lords in terms of savagery and degeneracy.

Also the legions could mesh pretty well, Night Lords could tear through elite units with ease while Emperor's Children hunt down anything without an invulnerable save.

Read the short story that zel farost is in. He traps some guy in a nightmare cycle and keeps running him through it until he mentally breaks

Also as someone who always runs a dread or two in a game, it’s unusual for me to not take a Contemptor; but Sniper Vets with Missile Launchers seem so versatile and rounded whereas the Dread with a TL Lascannon/DCCW/Plasma Blaster/EA will be the same cost and be a potentially bigger target that could get put down.

I’m really torn between the two and am not sure where to go on that. If I bumped up to 2500 I would definitely have both

I guess trained librarians are better than daemon summoning sorcerers

When it comes to his particular list it is more about trimming fat to allow for more lethality, nothing wrong with mobility, but you rarely actually need a spartan as a transport.

As for my idea for death seekers they are in general more survivable than Death Guard due to the 6++, although I think Iron Hands would still generally be better I assume due to -1 strength of incoming fire. The list doesn't necessarily need to be infantry heavy, and indeed you can use two five man marauder squads as your mandatory troops using support squads as the rest of your list. However, to take maximum advantage of that 6++ (which is pretty much all you get) you need to bring lots of infantry. Thinking on the concept a bit more maybe something like

>Any HQ you like

>2-4x5 maruaders with chainaxes
>Special weapon squads with your choices of equipment

>Some quad mortars
>Some vets in rhinos

>Some heavy support

However, I think Death Seekers is just really weak since you only get one very small bonus, I think outlanders is probably the second best after chymeriae due to rad grenades and deepstriking, and orphans of war might be able to work pretty well with large units and reaver lords kitted out for character killing (bikes, power fists, and rad grenades).

So seeing how terrifying the ordo sinister are in the eponymous story
>Are we going to see these bad boys at the Siege?
and
>why doesn't the Imperium use them still?

They are too sinister

>why doesn't the Imperium use them still
a) they were all destroyed
b) or Imperium do use them but they appeared literally yesterday so no fluff about it(like Custodes doing something other than sitting on terra before 8th ed codex)

Yay hobby progress. Not going to stick the guns and shields (ML Shields) on these WS breacher before painting. It’ll be my first time airbrushing infantry so I wanted to do a unit I won’t use much (ZM only).

Attached: 072A0243-9FE1-451D-A0E6-B7845FE77C80.jpg (2766x2074, 1.27M)

>that fucking mongolian hat

Attached: raughs.jpg (1024x548, 87K)

Nice hat.

Seeing Blackshields reminds me of something.

Why are Halo Blades considered bad? They’re MEQ shredders especially if you toss in Rad Grenades.

I’m confused as to why that’s bad since they seem more geared towards regular marine fighting than character hunting. It just seems unusual to waste their initiative on Thunder Hammers and the like.

Because challenges are a thing and every sarge is sporting a Fist and AA.

They're not bad, they're just not ranged. If you're dedicating yourself to a theme rather than compbuilding then Halo blades help in that department.

The model capable of taking one costs more than a praetor, but unlike the praetor's paragon blade, the halo blade is not AP2. That puts them at a huge disadvantage against other characters and anything in terminator armour.
The list already has enough anti-marine stuff, so the reduced anti-character capacity kind of hurts.

>Why are Halo Blades considered bad?
AP 3. If you could give vets or terminator squads halo blades they might be neat, sort of like better two handed power mauls, but reaver lords are built to be CC monsters, they don't even offer rites of war like praetors, so if you give them halo blades you are pretty much just making a gimped praetor. Give them a fist and a claw, rad grenades, and a bike, and they can kill almost any generic character short of a custodes tribune in a challenge.

>I’m confused as to why that’s bad since they seem more geared towards regular marine fighting than character hunting
A veteran squad with power swords is almost always better and has more wounds to boot. A reaver lord with halo blade, rad grenades, and digital lasers (no invul) costs 180 points for 6 attacks on the charge. For 172 points you could get 6 vets with power swords who get a combined 24 attacks on the charge (albeit at a lower strength) and have twice as many wounds.

>read bearer of the word
>realize that Lorgar could easily have been best primarch if not for that asshole Kor Phaeron

Attached: durr.png (170x244, 81K)

Attached: 2F688AA9-EC9C-401A-9C2B-EBA350A0C15F.jpg (960x600, 64K)

He could have been best primarch if he actually did his fucking job and conquered worlds.
>But muh stable worlds
Ultramar was stable and Guilliman had more conquests than most of his brothers.

Guilliman also got 499 free conquests when he signed up.

Yeah until Fulgrim betrayed his trust and got curze arrested.

I fully expect Veterans to go back up in cost in mid 2020.

Legiones Astartes! What is best in life?

Attached: Emprah Freddie.jpg (999x1187, 647K)

To scourge and purge ?

The pleasure of reuniting humanity under the Emperor.

Fulgrim didn't get Curze arrested. He was just stupid enough to tell Dorn of all people.

Dorn starting shit without being willing to get hit didn't even get Curze arrested.

Curze got arrested for dealing with Fulgrim's breach of trust and Dorn's being Dorn by almost killing Dorn.

At the very least I expect Outflank and Sniper to be separated.

The Legions book will come out in 2020, a few months after the Dark Angels feature in Angelus. FW said the book would wait until then.

The Astartes Army List could be out between Malevolence and Angelus, mid 2019

It depends which unit you're cutting out to replace the contemptor with. If you're cutting out the veteran squad (which I think you should do), I'd suggest a Kheres. Hell, I'd even suggest a contemptor mortis with double kheres. Kheres are just a solid choice that can chew anything from marines to flyers to light vehciles.
If you're taking away the 2nd smaller marauder squad, then I'd suggest giving the contemptor 2 fist or 1 fist and a plasma cannon. Plasma cannons are pretty versatile and I would recommend for your infantry heavy build. Plus its cheaper than a kheres and gets hot isn't that bad.

Sniper vets with missiles id dead killy, but this list only has 1 rhino. If the 2nd marauder squad isn't in it then its a wasted squad. You either make big marauder squads or you make fast marauder squads, outlanders are the exception. I'd take out the snipers, add in a contemptor and use the extra points to bolter the marauder squads.

partially kor phaeron's fault. guys an asshole, but lorgar was such a weak willed primarch. the emperor made him way too soft, he was never made to be a warrior and it really showed. lorgar is a born follower and it just happened that kor phaeron became his mentor.

lorgar was too nice and weak for the galaxy

What would your ideal Imperial Army list be?

I'd love something with the structure of the 7e Renegades and Heretics list, an expansive Provenances of War type system, and some customizeable vehicles a la Ordo Reductor artillery tanks to represent local vehicles (nothing crazy, but enough that you can use stuff like that Genestealer truck).

>Sniper vets with missiles id dead killy,
Are they? Sniper no longer works with blasts, and Krak missiles are S8 anyway. I'll grant you rolling lucky sixes will let you instant kill 2-wound Termies, but that doesn't seem that great a benefit.

blackshield death seekers are iron warriors whose troops can melee good. i'd actually remove the veterans, use the points to make 2 squads of: 11 man squads of marauders decked for CQC and a rhino, or marauder blobs ready to kill. Shave off some points and add in a contemptor and you have a great mid field contesting force.
The rest of your army can sit back and shoot/get shot. Be a dick and give mortars phosphex and you go yourself a pretty FUN list.

Also Outlander and Orphan of war are way too alpha strike for dedicated legion list. Those morale penalties are absolutely brutal. Unless you do really good in the first 2, maybe 3, turns you are not going to end well. They're basically Raven Guard/Sons of Horus/Alpha Legion/Night Lord levels of shock except your entire army will melt by turn 3/4. Outlander's deepstrike infantry squads (from heavy support to terminator) are the only saving grace.

love the ork fur hat. when i come around to making my WS force (very long time away), ill be sure to include the hat

TS were the biggest loyalist, I'd love to see loyalist TS players melting the faces of inferior Word Bearer scum psykers.

>blackshield death seekers are iron warriors whose troops can melee good.
They can't melee especially well though. Their only bonuses are
>6+ FnP
>No morale checks due to shooting
And for your troubles whenever you move it has to be towards the enemy. Pretty much any melee oriented legion would be better than them in CC (World Eaters, Emperor's Children, Night Lords, Sons of Horus, etc.).

Meanwhile Orphans of War gives you
>+1 Leadership and reroll 1s when shooting if nearby friendlies
>Characters have preferred enemy character (reaver lord on bike hunting down the enemy commander)
>Cannot be around primarchs, chaplains, or agents
>Fail a morale check in the assault phase they lose d3 dudes (you are probably fucked if you lose an assault and fail the morale check anyway)
Honestly pretty decent because its downside is so minor and its bonuses aren't bad, kind of like fists bolters and challenge bonus

Outlander gives you
>Ability to deepstrike units in a risky way
>Deathlocks more widespread (situational) and rad grenades all around (very good, auxilia gets no FnP, axes wound marines on a 2+)
>Shadow of oblivion is brutal I will admit
High risk high reward

Death seekers is really so low key though that it is almost like not even taking a wrought by war, it doesn't inherently change your army's style of fighting much.

Outlanders also gets you the Nemean.