How we made our DM want to murder us

> Playing in a 5e campaign with about 7 other folk
> 2 Paladins, a barbarian, a cleric, wizard, bard, fighter and sorcerer (me).
> We're in this wizards tower, turns out the bloke who owns it is this gnome
> This gnome starts attacking us with magic
> So the bard dispels magic
> The gnome tries to attack again
> So the bard dispels magic
> So the gnome dispels magic
> So the wizard counterspells
> 20 minutes later and this gnome still hasn't got a spell off
> The GM is audibly annoyed (we play on discord), and the gnome stabs himself in the chest with this magical object, supposed to power himself up or some shit
> magical
> object
> so the bard dispels magic
> the gnome just stabs himself full force in the chest
> the GM leaves the call

Attached: implying.png (540x960, 353K)

And now we're fighting this gnome and he's probably going to murder us... The bard will die first most likely.

Attached: concern.jpg (587x645, 55K)

Correction: the bard asked for the deed to the tower because the gnome claimed to own the tower thus owning a stone golem, we managed to persuade the stone golem that the bard owns the tower, the gnome tries to dispel the minor illusion displaying the name of the bard on the deed... So I counterspelled and then the rest is on the OP.

I honestly don't know why he's that bloody butthurt, i'd find this a mix of annoying and hilarious if i were on his shoes.

>about 7 other folk
>lists 8 people

Attached: IMG_20180324_152505_954.jpg (236x258, 19K)

8 including himself, 7 not including himself.

He's not truly butthurt, it's just a bit frustrating to find because he had been planning out this boss fight for ages and we almost completely avoided it in a stupid way.

> 7 other folks

Your DM already wants to murder a few of you to get the party down to a reasonable size.

How do you think the spell Dispel Magic works, because I don't think you used it properly

A boss fight of one guy vs 8 people? The fuck?

I wasn't the one using it, and I think the DM homebrews it a bit anyway idk

Honestly I'm as confused as you, the DM normally compensates for this stuff by making the bosses we do fight pretty overpowered. Normally gets them to summon minions as well

Wouldn't surprise me desu

I've had good games with more people.

He deserves it then.

How the fuck do you guys have 20 minutes of counterspelling between 2 casters? If your dm somehow fucked up the rules this badly with homebrew he should have known not to throw a caster at you guys. Get a better dm my guy,

How can a spellcaster rated to fight eight PC's, simultaneously, have every spell countered by them? It would be hard as fuck for the PC's to make the caster level check for mid level spells and basically impossible for the higher level spells.

Depends on the system, I guess. In 3.5e and PF, for example, if you have the exact same spell that's being cast (or its opposite, such as Slow/Haste or Cause/Remove Fear) you can counterspell without needing to make a roll by expending that spell. Certain specializations can make it easier by not needing the exact same spell for the auto-dispel attempt, too.

7 + 1 = 8 my boy

5e, you just need to have it prepared and you can cast it as many times as you have appropriate slots, no need to prepare multiple times

>one caster
>8 PCs

of course he's not casting shit, does you GM even begin to comprehend encounter design