Knights

How do you do knights, Veeky Forums?

Attached: you came to the wrong castle, knave.jpg (935x375, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Terrail,_seigneur_de_Bayard
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Doggystyle

I don't

Attached: motorknight.jpg (1600x979, 720K)

like this

Attached: str+cha.png (470x389, 401K)

Depends on the setting, really. Oh don't look at me like that OP you know someone would answer this sooner or later.

post knights

Attached: 1502414392452.jpg (736x873, 151K)

Hey can I hang out with you guys?

Attached: Samurai.png (1520x2236, 2.3M)

You can as long as you trade that shitty sword for something more effective, like a spear or a lance

The sword is just a sidearm, tin can. Just like yours.

I use grorious spear and rongbow.

make heraldry for them based on their deeds

Attached: bored.png (897x346, 183K)

Attached: Bretonnia5theditionp18p19.png (1524x1066, 1.62M)

Historically.

Attached: feudalism-real chivalry.jpg (660x880, 103K)

>grimdark retardation I saw on GoT
ftfy

Attached: 1381874592474.jpg (603x450, 55K)

Real life isn't like your Disney cartoons, princess.

the sword is if you meet some kisama on the road or in town and need to 1v1, good luck jousting into me with your lance before I draw my sidearm.

A mixture of real life history, M&B warband/Bretonnian influences. Obviously there are other concepts like steam knights but I haven't had the chance to play a setting like that.

Attached: Mountblade+comp+2_786d8f_6216217[1].jpg (853x543, 79K)

In Angelurra knights come from the lowlands, fight on foot, and train to battle giants with long weapons like spears or pollaxes. Over their armour they wear talismans infused with protective stone magic or else they bear the symbol of the Inverse; it depends on what faction at court they're aligned with.

In Daedial every knight is a holder of one of the sacred offices in the ancient (and still unchanged) government of the city. They use impractically baroque weapons and armor styled in the manner of their office: for instance the Knight of Wheels might bear a large, bladed, spinning shield. Offices are hereditary and fathers train their sons from birth in their responsibilities as knights.

In the Gorgon Cities the knights wear mirrored armor and are mostly recruited from the scum and bastardry of the ruling merchant families. Skill is not a prerequisite, and the knights are known as much for their failures as their successes. Oddly they're still very popular among the common folk.

My setting is more Renaissance than High Medieval flavor, so knighthood is pretty much purely a mark of status. It's not an inherited title but it is essentially an expensive laurel you purchase for yourself once you become somebody important in society (if you even care).

I try to go for historical accuracy.

So my knights are a bunch of middle-managers who get to eat as much as they like and can buy their way out of military service.

user, knights were still the prime power on the battlefield during the renaissance. Just read this:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Terrail,_seigneur_de_Bayard

Like the romantic image of knights in shining armour. A true knight is usually a paladin in my games though some LG yet non-religious knights exist.

>romantic fantasy

Attached: 1486854821280.jpg (618x597, 144K)

The only correct way of course

BRETONIA IN SPACE!!

Attached: 1520884012543.jpg (854x1029, 233K)

>edgy grimdark fans

Elite units, mostly noble born, but commoners can earn the right through exemplary service. Some arrogant dicks, some try to be chivalrous.

Attached: knight-004.jpg (1000x1000, 137K)

>tfw no blood dragons in space
Blood angels aren't the same

Attached: Abhorash.jpg (300x454, 48K)

I prefer to use knights for their original purpose; heavily armored professional soldiers. The first purpose of a knight is to train their whole lives and be well equipped so that they may better serve their feudal lord. They are promoted to be minor nobles in order to give them enough money to buy/maintain their equipment and have the free time to train. Without being skilled and ready for combat, they have no purpose for their lord aside from managing a small village or two which could be done by an administrator of some other nature. I like knights as soldiers, not warriors. They may be rather individualistic soldiers, but they serve their master over any other ideals.
I like Italian-style "lance" organization. Knights should have a "lance" consisting of the knight himself, a squire, several mounted serjeants, and half a dozen footmen. Knights can also be detached from their units and placed into an all knight unit called a "broken lance" trading flexibility for raw killing power. The lance is fun to transfer into modern settings where you can use knights as squad leaders, tank commanders, or pilots or even future settings where they could be mech pilots, power armored infantry, or even captains of corvette sized starships.

Attached: 1440420491785.jpg (1226x1346, 1.15M)

>even captains of corvette sized starships.

I've actually played with this in a science fantasy setting I kick around every now and then. My problem is I don't quite know what to call them. I don't want to call them knights because I'm not a fan of anachronistic history terms applied to futuristic concepts. 40k has a lot of problems, but u do genuinely think "space marine" is a really cool name for your holy shipborn knights.

Realism =/= grimdark

The best

Attached: White Knight.jpg (312x445, 56K)

>those pathetic larping "jousting" team

P A T H E T I C

Attached: 1446739185636.jpg (480x720, 125K)

Attached: image.jpg (297x424, 69K)

Stakes, razorwire, enfilading machineguns. Same as I'd "do" any cavalry.

>How do you do knights, Veeky Forums?

how do you do, sir

Like this.

Attached: 1521412388646.jpg (1433x3000, 367K)

A class of professional soldiers and housecarls who, due to an ever-expanding frontier outpacing a lagging bureaucracy, are enfeoffed to serve as mounted border marchers and enforcers of the king's law.

Attached: 19402117_1899918426922843_8534127307896535736_o.jpg (1400x977, 197K)

>tfw you're Nobledark master race
>tfw you're turning the shitty grime-infested dark-ass world a little brighter one good deed at a time
>tfw knightin' ain't easy

Attached: I'd will that.gif (720x404, 3.83M)