Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

Mighty Boobsnake Edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread: Please keep Age of Sigmar and End Times discussion to their respective generals.

Attached: Boobsnake.jpg (920x950, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

magie-miniatures.blogspot.com/2014/10/step-by-step-fast-easy-tattoos.html
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/basilea/product/basilean-sisterhood-panther-lancers-10-figures.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to fuck that snake.

Asking again anybody know what books provide info on pre-fall Stigoi, Mourkain, Strigany and anything relating to them

Night's Dark Masters from WFRP 2ed

Let's say a crazy dwarf engeneer decides to deal with the skaven problem by redirecting the flow of lava from one of the great volcanoes into the underground tunnels of the world edge's mountains, flooding them completely with a constant flood of molten rock.
Let's also say he manages to pull this off.
Would this help the dwarfs dealing with trhe skaven and goblin problem?

It could probably help keep one hold safe but no way the lava would flow throughout the entire underground tunnel system. Not to mention the skaven would just dig new tunnels.

No. Skaven stretch across the world, and are rather good at mining. They also have wizards.

I'm currently building a wood elf army but it is more jungle elf. My wild riders are mounted on cold ones, I have bought a carnosaur to use as my dragon and my Glade guard are all converted not to have cloaks so they can better move around the jungle and swamps.

Any one have any ideas they can add? Also does anyone have a good guide for painting tattoos?

Replace wardancers with chimps.

Ain't there some one eyed wood elf duck in lustria?

I like her, user. Very jealous you have a damsel.

There's not too much info on them, unfortunately, except what other anons have already pointed out. I tend to think from the art it looks a little like something a bit Celtic, reminds me of some tombs.

There's a simple guide that I've found on a google search that seems pretty good.

magie-miniatures.blogspot.com/2014/10/step-by-step-fast-easy-tattoos.html

Attached: Mourkain_tomb_concept.jpg (1000x500, 151K)

>All Dawi and Dawi Zharr are replaced with Dwarf Fortress Dorfs, and their Ancestor Gods and Hashut are replaced by Armok

What happens as a result?

Greenskins start fielding Carp.

how common are werewolves in the empire and other parts of the warhammer world(tilea, estalia, araby, albion, etc)? what do different groups think of them, do amber wizards think better of them than inquisistors who want to kill them>?

Werewolves of Ulric are mentioned somewhere, I forgot which source (probably a WHRP supplement or something) but they seem to be of dubious canon so I'm not sure if they're actually a thing.

Norscan Werewolves called Skinwolves are certainly a thing though, and they're very much a Chaotic, murderous force, so I doubt Amber Wizards are fond of them at all.

I can't speak as to how common they are - they're very common in Norsca, I know that from a piece of fluff, but all I can confirm from a short story is that there was at least one werewolf that existed in the Empire. The short story is pretty good, called 'Wolf in the Fold' if you ever manage to find it.

Witch Hunters would probably see them as a dangerous chaos beast, and the priests of Taal would probably see them as little better. Amber wizards might also, but I could also see them being more open to considering them an ally in their fight against the worse foes of the wilderness, like beastmen. And of course there's always the chance of someone from any walk of life falling for their human side.

Attached: 1467394403673.jpg (640x640, 62K)

if they arent aligned with chaos i dont see why amber wizards who are obessed with animals and wild savagery would have a problem with them.

They are still a danger, and Amber wizards are supposed to protect civilized places from the dangers of the wild (and also the reverse). If a werewolf is killing the sheep of a town, they might take action. If they're killing humans, they have to.

There might also be something abhorrent in how werewolves by their nature cross the border between civilization and wilderness, but that's just me guessing. Amber wizards are pretty dang mysterious.

It could probably suck some cock with a mouth like that.

I have a question related to werewolves. One of Mantic's big cost-efficient bundles includes some werewolves. Ruleswise I plan to use them as crypt horrors (they have unfortunately little fur anyways) but would werewolves actually join a vampire lord?

>Any one have any ideas they can add?
manticgames.com/mantic-shop/kings-of-war/basilea/product/basilean-sisterhood-panther-lancers-10-figures.html
What about panther glade riders?

Probably not, but if you can kill it, you can raise it.

True. My vampire lord is a necrach using the morhgoth model (modified) so some of his experiments may have been capturing skinwolves to kill and raise.

Attached: Morhgoth_by-Claudia-Zuminich.jpg (800x549, 71K)

Theres a book on Vorag by Renalds

I use FW skinwolves as my crypt horrors because I think the models look like utter shit.

Werewolves are a Chaos thing in Fantasy but they'll work for whoever feeds or pays them.

Any good compilation of flame colours on shields?

Thousands of goblins and skaven perishes by lava

Know any good chimp models?

Errm? Maybe? Don't know what you are referring to

Ooh I like that idea. Cheers

Ah awesome, thanks

Thanks guys that was pretty helpful

Isn't most of the Warhammer world hollow?

Finally finished my demigryph riders, the red dragoons, about as well as gluing the riders and not going insane netted me. Really happy how the beard & mustache combo look on the leftmost guy unlike everything else about them.
So what did you do today /wfg/?

Dwarfs would have been dead for a loooong time. There holds would be world-ending death traps that are either infested with abysall monsters or literal doomsday machines.

I am error.

Attached: Araby demigryphs.jpg (2441x2048, 3.04M)

Children of Ulric were mentioned in the Gotrek and Felix novels as a form of werewolf.

Sure. Werewolves would probably be more on the mortal end of allies - so expect them to either be entranced or have a legitimate deal or loyalty with the vampire lord.

Maaaybe. There's certainly a lot of activity in its depths, but the science of it doesn't quite work out.

The soze of the world is the sticking point - there's solid arguments to claim that the warhammer world is bigger or smaller than Earth, depending on which maps you use.

If it's bigger then Earth, then to maintain an Earth-like gravity, the planet would need to be less dense - which could be achieved by having a large percentage of the world hollow.

If it's smaller, the planet would need to be denser, which could be done by having a higher percentage of super dense metals, like Gromril, being prevelant, or bwing built around a super dense core - which is suggested in AoS, if you can excuse the sauce..

>no you're wrong i've been here for years
Nice red flag for a newfag.

Dwarf Fortress style.

It'd be a good temporary solution and probably wipe out a bunch of Skaven, but they couldn't get enough lava on their own to flood all of the world's underground (and probably wouldn't want to, there's gold and shit down there), and the Skaven would just dig around it anyway. They're also creative.

Plus there are Skaven clans in places Dwarves aren't, like Naggaroth.

>TIL age of sigmar actually calls the old world "the-world-that-was"

eat your own dick GW

Attached: 1514230112717.jpg (480x360, 47K)

that-cliche-graduation-or-youth-funeral-song.mov

Just did a friendly small-scale game last night, Chaos vs Lizardmen. My lizards pulled through but it was a close run thing. Two of my three saurus regiments were completely smashed by his blob of Chaos Warriors and run off the board, while my third regiment broke the Forsworn on his flank but pusued way too far to get back in the fight in time to save the line. Likewise, my stegadon broke his chariot and other Forsworn on the right but I had to move it away from his monster-killer of a lord. The real MVPs were my handful of Chameleons who harassed his fuck you-block of warriors the whole game, whittling them down by a few each turn until he could finally catch my brave li'l boys in a charge and scatter them. On the final turn my skink priest managed a massive fireball and the erstwhile spearlizard at last got in place for a mopping up charge. As turn six ended his unharmed Chaos Lord was the sole enemy model on the table, facing my saurus spears, stegadon, and skink priest.

What battles have you fought lately, /wfg/?

Big fan my lad. Really feel exotic and not bog-standard imperial.

Kek

>want to play this game but literally 0 of the factions appeal to me

Attached: 1520309285896.jpg (480x480, 49K)

why do you want to play then

>mfw people actually still try to shuffle this corpse of a game along after it has been dead and buried for SEVERAL years!

Mighty, hearty kek!

Attached: 1514374638317.jpg (768x719, 30K)

>He unironically wants to play with numales

Attached: NuGW.png (691x600, 104K)

>Araby
>look like 17th Century Englishmen with darker skin

Attached: 1519708132817.png (817x656, 127K)

Why would dragoons ride on monster-chickens?

>Dwarfs would have been dead for a loooong time.
This should be the case anyway.

So how the fuck does the Empire pretend that Skaven don't exist when they once almost got wiped out by Skaven and thus had an Emperor nicknamed "Skavenslayer" for his saving of the Empire from the furry threat
An Emperor who also founded Sewer Watches in order to keep the rats out in the future

Attached: Skaven_attack.png (408x630, 573K)

That post seems completely harmless, user. Are you so insecure?

Three way throwdown between a dwarf warband, some Marienburgers and some Undead in Mordheim recently.

Also been playing Chaos in he Old World pretty heavily too.

Yeah, the whole '1 in 4 births is a female' tied in with 3 kids max doesn't really pan out.

Because someone in the know has been informed that if the Empire start arming up against a threat that is literally under their feet, the rats might take the threat to their food source seriously.

Better than that planet name they came up with at the last minute.

People throw that number around a lot but never have I seen a source for it
Better not be WFRP

the tapestry commemorating Mandred has been eaten away by rats. Many other lengths the skaven have gone to in keeping the empire ignorant.

>never seen a source for it
>better not be a source for it

When you get your head out of your ass, you might want to check Oathbreaker or Honourkeeper. They talk about families. It's not hard data, but it should satisfy your autistic ass.

Well I want a source for it but I want it to be an actually canon one

I'd be fine with more girl players. Nice for a change of pace.

Skaven just made everyone forget through their usual cartoon supervillain tricks.

Get the fuck out of here if you want to argue canon in a setting which has a NFL playing spinoff with Demon possessed vampire orcs.

Don't think I will, since this is the place that is for discussing WHFB and its canon
Bloodbowl is its own thing and, exactly that, a spin-off

And combine this with the dangerous life in the mountains + a rather high number becomes full retard and goes suicide.

Shit niglet, learn to read. His is the Warhammer Fantasy General - WFG. Not the Warhammer Fantasy Battles General.

Bloodbowl is Warhammer fantasy, silly nigger. So is WFRP. So is Warmaster, Mordheim, Man o' War.

So go suck an undead, demon possessed, orc cock.

Best I can figure is that, assumig the 1 in 4 thing is accurate - which holds true through army books and novels - then females must perforce have a lot of children over a long time frame.

This is /wfg/, not /wfbg/. You're in the wrong general.

Goodness you're upset
Canon = Canon to the actual main setting and game, everything else is just a non-canon spinoff. Its as simple as that

Sure you can talk about Bloodbowl (though didn't that use to have its own thread?), Mordheim etc. on here but none of that is canon to the actual Warhammer Fantasy setting
No need to get so mad about it buddy boy

Ah so which thread would you have one discuss the actual game in, /40kg/ or /aosg/ or one of those monster girl threads

Who's mad, niglet? You're just crippling yourself by denying that GW backed material is canon.

Get back to that undead, demon orc cock.

girl players smell more pleasant

The discussion is welcome here, but don't go whining about canon like a bitch. Either accept the answer, or get off your ass and do the research yourself.

Well you presumably since you keep calling me a niglet and screaming about cock
Like I said, none of the spinoff stuff is canon to the actual Fantasy setting and game
All the other games are just non-canon spinoffs of the main game and setting. That's not my fault, blame GW

When they are seen the people in charge claim them to be beastmen or just random mutants. Also Bretonnians think them as beastmen.

I'm hardly the one who's been whining, that'd be the person who got butthurt about my opinion seemingly undermining his love of WFRP
I suppose that all there's to it is just reading through all the Dwarf army books

Do they just pretend that the Skavenslayer dubbed Emperor doesn't exist either

Hey niglet, chill out.

GW gave their approval to the WFRP producers, shit is as canon as the novels.

He is usually called Ratslayer and they have tales from the time about a massive infestation of rats causing middenheim trouble. But they just believe they are mere rats.

I'm just fine thanks.
That must be why they cut ties with them and are having other people write 4th edition WFRP? If they're just as canon as the novels then you've just confirmed my stance since they've said the novels aren't part of the main canon either, rather just things one can include if they want to personally
Read, headcanon

Get the tehnolog ones.

Exactly, so just as canon as anything in the novels.

And ypu asked a question with no answer in the army books.

Get back to vampiric, orc, demon cock sucking Niglet.

Well no, not as canon as anything since the actual canon is comprised of the content in army books and main edition rule books
If there's no answer to a question in an army book or rule book then its canonically a mystery

So anything by a writer they got rid of doesn't count either?

you are genuinely an idiot

It was just to point out that GW lost faith in FFG. The next part of the post is the part commenting on canon

Excellent argument, really set me straight with that one

Not an argument, he's just pointing out that you're a numpty.

Was it a faith issue or a money one? And I don't see GW rescinding any of their publications and removing them from sale, so...

>That must be why they cut ties with them and are having other people write 4th edition WFRP?
Yeah, nothing at all to do with Asmodée acquiring FFG despite both announcements happening within weeks of another...

Sure contributes a lot, though then again the discussion was already mainly ad hominem targeted at me. Which says a lot about how good a defense there is to be made.
Anyhow, GW just rented out their IP and seeing as their stocks are soaring since 8th ed 40k came out, they're not stuck for cash. Fact of the matter is, they dropped FFG.
They did get some good guys to make 4th ed WFRP however.

You're arguing that changing the medium of a IP changes the canon of the IP regardless of internal consistency or linked and co-dependant elements.

He's not arguing that you're an idiot. You are an idiot. He just felt the need to say so.

You idiot.

Who confuses a statement for an argument?

So you agree you don't know why they dropped FFG and you're choosing to believe an assumption that suits your point

And you're also taking the stance that GW can rent out their IP - thus supporting what others do with it - but it doesn't count because you say so? Even though GW approved rentig out their IP and had ultimate say on giving the produced materials the go ahead?

AND you believe that the only reason some would insult you is because they were losing an argument?

Sidebar - you're a dumbcunt. That is unconnected to the topic at hand or the validity of the points regardig canonicity or IP ownership. You are just a dumbcunt.

thanks mate. I don't know where I got wrong, but i definetly have to fix things after the washes.
As I said, the paints are thinned but the face and white dress seem oddly rough on photo. I'll upload her again once I have highlighted and done details.

>You're arguing that changing the medium of a IP changes the canon of the IP regardless of internal consistency or linked and co-dependant elements.

There's a question:

Let'suse a different IP as an example - Firefly.

We have a TV series - not all of which officially aired. We then have a movie, books, a string of comics, a roleplaying game, board games and IIRC a video game that is in the works.

All of these contain details that expand the setting and give us more detail.

Would you argue that if it doesn't come from the TV series it's not canon?

What about the stuff that never officially aired before cancellation - does that still count, since it was never properly released?

What about comics that were written by the sane people who wrote episodes of the show? Do they count as more canonical over comics or books written by people who never worked on the original series?

Boy oh boy I sure am convinced. Especially by the way you failed to see me saying "nice argument" to his attack as making fun of him and seeing if he'll try to come up with something else to say
Fact is, WFRP is in no way canon to the actual main setting or game.
Not WFRP, not Bloodbowl, not Warmaster, not Dreadfleet, not Man o' War, none of the spinoffs are canon to the main game and setting.
Its clear as day that it wasn't a financial decision, they're set for income, on the rise in fact. Why else would they change writers? Something made them lose faith in FFG, can't blame them really.

In the end the only thing that matters is: none of the spinoffs is whatsoever canon to the main setting.
In WFRP by FFG, Dwarfs may have such a birth ratio. But that is not connected to the actual WHF setting. Thats all limited to the WFRP, which is not canon to the actual setting. Just like the novels. Though I did forget to add that WHFB supplements are canon as well, at least to the edition during which they're put out.

On Veeky Forums it is common practice to call the winning side names once one runs out of things to say, because they don't want to admit that they're wrong either due to social pain existing

Actually they call the Warhammer world The-World-That-Was.

>Bloodbowl is Warhammer fantasy

Attached: fuck you jervis.jpg (897x806, 356K)

Mordheim is canon, it's mentioned in Hordes of Chaos.

If it's all approvex by the owners, then it's all canon. The only stuff that wouldn't be is fan-made stuff unaffiliated with the property.

Did FFG or GW every release a statement explaining why they cut affiliatioms, officially? Because if they didn't, and if nobody has said anything about it, then I guess all we have is guesses and speculation.

I'm not too fussed either way. WFRP has been handled by Hogshead, Green Ronin, FFG...what's the worst that could happen under Cubicle 7?

Doesn't make sense that it would. If they stopped printing the book or selling it electronically though, an argument could be made that it was not longer canonical.

Why do you go around smelling people?

I'm guessing that when they introduce Gotrek into AoS, part of his story line will be establishing a new homeworld that'll become the Warhammer setting 2.0.

Is there any solid info on the dark beneath the world?

I love the concept, but there's something about that colour scheme that really clashes.

Orc cancelled WAAAAAGH. Interrupted by Carp.

Is the boobsnakes tongue a hollow tube?

>/whg/ is waking up

Excellent, maybe once the 4th edition drops, we can drive the RPGfags back to their own general.

>Why do you go around smelling people?
>neckbeard thinks that people have to walk up to him and sniff him

Bloodbowl is an alternative timeline, just like Storm of Chaos or End Times. This is known.