SCP Game

I’m considering running a game based on the SCP stuff it seems to fit a nice creepy/cozy zone and was thinking what might be the best system to run.

Part of me things something like Paranoia if players are D-Class or Delta Green if there Agents. Not sure about scientists though.

Attached: DACC219B-67F7-4A4C-8D6F-135285906C20.jpg (1191x670, 38K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/scp-1230
drive.google.com/file/d/1gXDmXBlDfpLBeYmO6HvOmDAsSm1dXEyf/view
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lot of scp threads today.

i would say something crunch light. if you get a gun, just tag it as hit/miss as most things in SCPverse are either killable or not killable. if there is something that is really good for narritave based play, use that.
also, alternatively, run it like john the tsa agent.

also, get a bunch of the scp documents printed off ahead of time so you can hand them out to your players. adds flavor.

can you just run night shift

does it have a system?

I thought it was just a setting and atmosphere?

no, blank ones. let them fill out notes about the items of the week

>i would say something crunch light. if you get a gun, just tag it as hit/miss as most things in SCPverse are either killable or not killable.
if it wasn't hard as dicks to brew in(for me at least) I'd say nWoD would be a good system.

1-page character sheets you can build in 15 minutes.(best personal time in original nWoD was 8 minutes from a random prompt)
skills are pretty simple while having space for specialties.
characters seem awfly squishy.
I'm told there are built in rules for sanity.

I've been thinking about making a gamed based off this SCP: scp-wiki.net/scp-1230

Basic idea was that someone who had read the book took over and is corrupting the dream world. Players are brought in by the Book Keeper to try and stop him. I've been trying to think of some dream elements to incorporate into the setting.

all the D-class that had been exposed before would be fine fits. but how could you tie it to the real world?

you'd need some other dream-IRL SCPs to make it a credible enough threat that the foundation would send in D-class or Agent-level individuals

I would personally use a generic system like Savage Worlds, Genesys, GURPS or whatever flavor of the month universal system you like. Mostly because that's probably the easiest way you can easily calculate the vast variety of SCPs and their abilities.

If I ever did run an SCP game, then I'd probably do a campaign as the agents who go out to secure the SCPs, lots of variety and chances to come across SCPs while most MTF, scientists, and D-Class will only ever get to interact with one SCP (or maybe a few couple if they're lucky).

>If I ever did run an SCP game, then I'd probably do a campaign as the agents who go out to secure the SCPs

not OP, but I've considered that sort of game too. especially when the agents have to hold off the other groups that want a potentially valuable object.

the irregular and potentially supernaturally supported members of the Wandering Library
the very expensive, and well equipped mercs of Marshal, Carter, and Dark Ltd.
the old-school holdovers from the G.O.C. a little creaky, but consummate professionals well versed in all the oldest tricks in all the oldest books.
and they would of course be working at cross-purposes against each-other AND the agents

then there's containing the SCP, which might be a creature, and may not want to be contained.
and finding any witnesses and making the judgement calls on if they get eliminated, drugged, or discredited.
and at the end of all of that there's filling the requisition forms for lost or broken equipment.
and of course there's going out and looking for clues on the next set of abnormal occurences

GOD FORBID you call in a full MTF where a light tac-squad would do the job or when you could secure it solo, or worst of worst, where there is not actual SCP to contain.

one thing that a game like this CAN do however is offer up danger without needing the players to be combat focused in any way.
the foundation agents can call-in heavy-support but I'd penalize players for calling in the guns too excessively.

>Delta Green

Got it in one. You almost didn't need to make the thread.

Anyone care to pinpoint the moment they think the site went down the tubes? I'd say it was around when they went and bowdlerized the one about the rape coral

Attached: learn the difference.png (1088x1148, 161K)

when they started doing lighthearted fan-fiction between the protocols documents.

that pic isn't quite what I'd call accurate.
the GOC wasnt keeping the world any safer than the SCP. in trying to destroy anomalous artifacts they sometimes made situations worse.

the "mary sue OCs" ARE a problem, but a lot of the agents they mention are pretty anonymous with being as censored as they are. now the named scientists are the problem.

the SCP staff is almost certainly, as is the case with lots of big companies, probably mostly office workers, janitors, construction contractors, builders, etc.

as to human experimentation with VOLUNTEER homeless, that happens a lot(at least in university towns in the US).

as to class D, well, they are explicitly people who are already sentenced to die in legal courts of law.

and I'll bet that the field agents of the SCP are at least as professional as those of the GOC.

Attached: fzd_intro_to_design_1593.jpg (1500x1061, 297K)

>the field agents of the SCP are at least as professional as those of the GOC.

Fuck off Shill Computer Poster

Attached: scp shitposting image.png (1232x2552, 837K)

Not op, but I like this idea, so what would be some good relatively "easy" to contain SCPs to introduce players to the idea of containment?

I consider it when they start adding their fanfiction-tier self insert characters who go on kooky adventures and cause mischief among each other even though literally 80% of the things they're containing could easily kill the entire facility if left unchecked.

>Wondertainment
>Who cares tier
Shit list user.

I'm thinking about doing a short, two part game.

The first is centered around a handful of researchers who are tasked with finding out how some SCPs function, limited by their finite supplies of Class Ds. This serves as an introduction to the setting, and to the mindset of the second part, which is a more classical Containment Breach style game. The players, now playing as Class Ds themselves, must escape the facility before they run out of Class Ds or the time is up.

I haven't decided on a system, though.

wossname, system with friend computer, perhaps? Paranoia! that one.

If a narrative system is best then would Genesys be the ideal RPG? The narrative dice function seems interesting.

How would someone even make a campaign for an SCP game, your options are researcher or MTF if you wanted to stay accurate and MTF casualty rates are insane

Mage the Awakening.

No use in making yours just another game about puny humans. Put everyone on a level field.

You may restrict combat, though. Make it more like a detective where the usual rules of reality don't really work.

>GOC
>At the top

How is that case of chair-lung coming along?

Well I was thinking of making it its own thing, not involving the foundation. I liked the idea of a book that gave you a fantasy dream.

Right now I'm trying to come up with a drawback for death in the game. I was originally thinking if a player died in the game, they'd just "wake up" and when they went back to sleep they'd come back as a different character but that doesn't feel like it'd be punishing. Like there's no threat.

>does it have a system?
drive.google.com/file/d/1gXDmXBlDfpLBeYmO6HvOmDAsSm1dXEyf/view

>as to class D, well, they are explicitly people who are already sentenced to die in legal courts of law.
Not necessarily true. Class Ds can be just regular people kidnapped for experiments. The Foundation wants a wide sample pool after all. Furthermore, D Classes are many times drawn from despotic regimes such as North Korea or Iran, so they get a bunch of political prisoners for their D Classes. D Classes aren't all just drawn from U.S. deathrow.

Just use Delta Green and replace all the Mythos stuff with SCP-verse stuff.

Dark Heresy without the psyker and more outlandish tech stuff could mix everything pretty well.

At least that's what I did.

Let's pull up a chair and discuss why GOC doesn't deserve to be at the top of the list

What did they change about the coral? I think I only ever read it once.

Where would you put this one?

Attached: Lobotomy-Corporation.jpg (620x355, 44K)

>your options are researcher or MTF
and their field agents. whose casualty rates are not so bad.

>Like there's no threat.
perhaps so, but they come back **at level 1** with no more than basic equipment. the only advantage is that they now have meta-knowledge. and they know where they died and their loot is.

they must have changed that at some point...

30 posts and no lizard autistic screeching?

Oh, so it's 682 time, is it?

Attached: 20180323_155503.jpg (3984x2988, 3.16M)

You're in the field when these dudes come up to you and slap your SCP's ass.
What do?

Attached: Zeta-9 Mole Rats.png (894x894, 69K)

I have no problem with the lizard and the rest of the Scarlet King related things.

I also have no problem with the conflicting entries due to the sliding scales of reality.

What sort of creature is that?

Attached: SCP Field Codes by toadking07.png (1600x1500, 1.08M)

Slutty Cock Polishers absolutely SEETHING

Never heard of it, so probably Who Cares tier

SCP 610 is pretty much a go to adventure in and of itself that can be played both ways:

1. You are a bunch off D class that got exposed to 610 and then thrown in the freezer to prevent it from spreading too quickly. Your choices are simple, go in there and see what you can learn and how much damage you can do before you turn or we put a bullet in you now and chuck you in the oven.

2. You are a MTF team along with the researchers and you go in to the deepest dankest parts of 610 to find out who or what is behind it.

bamp

Attached: SCP_Chalk_Signs-SerpentsHand by toadking07.png (1600x1500, 2.81M)

Global Organization of Cucks absolutely chaired.

I wait like 30 minutes for them to all be dead. Zeta 9 is a fucking death sentence.

hey now. the GOC also has mechs and sky battleships. Do -you- have a sky battleship, Scented Candle Purveyor?

Depending on which continuity yes and more, Goyim Observation Centre.