Alright Veeky Forums who is your games big bad? How did you come up with them, how did your players react to them...

Alright Veeky Forums who is your games big bad? How did you come up with them, how did your players react to them, or if you are a player whats the big bad youre trying to fight

Attached: 1521258603151.png (502x1200, 370K)

A well respected and brilliant doctor who enjoys killing and leading the local authorities on wild goose chases. The players treat him as a friend because he's been nothing but helpful to them. He's eventually going to make them his victims but for now he enjoys playing the gracious host to their adventures.

The Gilded Mann
A man who is doing crazy arcane rituals to replace his body with living metal, he is completely hollow & paper thin. He is ultimately trying for godhood.

Right now, the campaign's big bad guy is a beholder who's looking to spread worship of himself and for his missing artifact.

Mine is a great warrior from another galaxy, he wants to open a warmhole into the players world so they can be consumed by a war the big bads race has fought for millenia

Attached: 1521502931022.jpg (620x1000, 132K)

I'm still trying to define them.

I know I want my baddy(/baddies?) to be unbalancing the multiverse. Plans and dimensions colliding, partially merging, or disappearing, while they pursue their mysterious goal. The God will task my players (whose characters come from different plans of existence) with stopping this madness before the universe explode.
I think I'd like if it was a group of villains instead of a single big bad - though they may have a leader.

My main problem is : I have very few ideas on WHY would someone play with the very structure of the universe.
The first thing crossing my mind was Nox, that Wakfu villain who tried to travel to the past to be reunited with his lost family. But some members of the group know about him and will call me on copying this too much.
Any idea on how to twist the concept around?
Or any idea on why someone would mess with the structure of the multiverse and/or the space-time continuum?

Bbg thread?

Attached: 1519740611812.png (1000x2000, 1.58M)

Currently I'm not sure. I'm working on a Bloodborne campaign set before the event of the game. I have a few ideas for a BBEG, but I don't feel like any of them are much good.

Attached: bloodborne-the-old-hunters-two-column-03-ps4-us-06oct15.png (600x492, 283K)

He's the lsst of the Ancient heroes who struck down the Dark Lord centuries ago. Watching over the Dark Lord's former lands, he grew isolated and paranoid as the other heroes grew wealthy abd founded the Holy Empire. He turned to Vampirism to extend his life and necromancy for those he loved.

Now, seeing the Holy Empire tear itself apart, and the free peoples slaughter each other over faith and belief, he has decided it is his time to reinforce order.

A nuclear elemental trapped and using used as a reactor for 40,000 years that the party let out because she had big tits.

Pull a bloodborne and make the BBEG a great one the players didn't know they were pawns of. Also do you have fleshed out mechanics for beasthood? I was thinking about doing a BB campaign and the thing i was most excited about was a system for determining the qualities of the beast that a pc would eventually transform into.

I'm more or less using a reskin of the Hollowing mechanic from Fires Far Away. As for what beasts the players transform into, I'm not quite sure. I've considered their transformation being based on what their favorite animals are, but that could lead to some retarded shit. Maybe also basing it off how their personalities mesh with those of certain animals (IE stubborn bulls, sly cats).

As for BBEG, I was considering a Great One. My overall plan was for Micolash to be the overarching villain, and for the campaign to end around where the game takes off. I was thinking some sort of hunter acting a a secondary antagonist that the players face while hunting beasts. I was thinking hes either:
a) an old hunter that is aware of the dangerous things the church is doing and trying to stop them
b) a blood-drunk hunter that is too powerful to stop
c) no fuckin' clue

Here's the PDF for Fires Far Away. I'm using a lot of mechanics form this but modifying them to fit Bloodborne.

Attached: 1520959094423.pdf (PDF, 1.02M)

Sweet pdf, thanks for sharing!

The kings highest ranking and most (only) compotent general in charge of all the infantry and cavalry and the kings cousin whom is the head of the countries magical order. They staged a coup against the well meaning but woefully incompotent king whos kingdom is surrounded by enemies who are enslaving raping and pillaging the border territories, its people are starving. The clergy even helped to oust the king with a large amount of public support. The king has fled his own castle and is wholed up in one city with the rest of the idiotic and hedonistic bureaucrats and yes men. I had hoped that the players would side with the revolutionaries but they sided with the king because he let them into a few parties and gave them some free booze and whores. The country may end up being absorbed into the orcish beastmen alliance or the naga may wind up suceeding in raising the tides over the mountains in the south and flooding that portion of the continent.

Message for all players itt:
Pay attention to your chrarcters surroundings and the politics of the nation. This may help you to discover new plot points, or you can be an oblivious murder hobo and wonder why the whole kingdom fucking hates your party.

Attached: 1518792954748.gif (500x715, 519K)

In the setting I'm currently working on, there's Apophis, who is basically Satan crossed with Jormungandr, and taking quite a bit from his namesake, as well. He's the Anithesis, the Serpent of Infinite Eyes, the One Who Watches the World. He exists outside the mortal plane, encircling it, and takes the form of a leviathan snake covered in eyes. Because of all those eyes, he is able to survey the world in its entirety, but cannot interact with it due to his nature being fundamentally incompatible with the physical plane. He's actually a pretty affable guy, even if his ultimate aim is to undo the "shackles" of spacetime and so achieve true omnipotence. He sells his unparalleled intelligence abilities to those brave enough to contact him, and with the mortal world in the midst of a cold war between three superpowered nations, there's plenty who are willing to gain such advantages.

Attached: 1519889897059.jpg (879x1024, 214K)

no
> bbeg
> ugh
?
I've been gone a while, is the meme dead yet

The big bad are remnants of a previous imperial dynasty using bandits to sow chaos and reclaim the throne. This arc's big bad is a mystic warrior who was put in charge of a large bandit group.

They became the big bad when my group refused to partake in an illegal gang fight. It was requested by the man who had fed, taught and sheltered them for weeks. He cried and apologized for putting thembin such a situation. The PCs were moved.

Then, he was forced to framed them as dishonorable foreigners and now both sides of the criminal war want them dead.

Next week, they'll be killing their mentor, and they'll discover he left them the deed to his house because he had no family except criminals.

Everett Stephens Thurmond

He's a former planter from South Carolina who knew when to cut his losses during the Civil War. So now he lords over a small Empire in the territories backed up by a small army of loyal hired guns, corrupt officials, and the workers who fear what happens if he leaves.

He's a affable guy who maintains his paternalistic attitude towards his workers. He loves his wife, goes to church every Subday, lost his sons to the war, and doesn't hold it against his daughter she married a carpetbagger.

The players were working for him for a bit until Thurmond decided he wanted sole control of a silver vein they found.

Centuries old lich.
Posing as god to a small village, helping the villagers and protecting them in exchange for their devotion (and everlasting service after death). Once every generation there is fresh blood coming to the village (to keep the genes pool fresh)

Sending his agents in to the world, slowly corrupting officials, wizards, priests.

Caius Orwell, an alcoholic psychic. He's only spoken to the PCs over Skype. He's due to arrive in their city in a few days where he plans to make the PCs answer for disrupting his sons business.

It depends on what the party does in world and who they side with.
I have about 5 NPCs that could turn into the BBG.

>that the party let out because she had big tits.
I feel any party would do the same in that situation.

Attached: ambivalent hotaru.png (1280x1420, 2.05M)

Well theres three bbeg's but my favorite is this 4th dimensional spirit and his human soviet associate who are trying to steal a powerful radioactive relic and after using it to release the spirit from the 4th dimension, will sell it off to the soviet union.

Big bad is only half as cringe-inducing as big bad evil guy.

A dwarf vampire, last in the line of kings of Karak Ungor. Driven mad by his desire for vengeance and to reconquer his ancestral home, he voluntarily sought the blood kiss so that he could live eternally and eternally plot to retake his hold, and eventually show the wonders of vampirism to his kin

He has no name. He has no memorable features, the most generic face you've ever seen. He does not actively interfere. He is a cosmic agent whose agency is to help Sorcerers become more powerful, regardless of what they do with their power, as long as they employ it - for they don't realize that they draw their power not from themselves, but from the leaky aging protection spell that keeps something banished. Instead of draining the banishing magic himself, which he can't, he supports the use of sorcerous magic to have it depleted for him.

This is basically them

Attached: image.jpg (720x535, 77K)

>party breaks into a long abandoned facility deep underground because they're murderhobos
>the party's smart person, a literal archaeologist, tells them going inside is a bad idea
>party ignores him
>archaeologist tells them that the facility is sealed for their own protection
>they break open the doors
>archaeologist tells party not to open the reactor doors they're extremely dangerous
>party does it anyway
>archaeologist strongly protests against letting the elementaless out of her containment field
>paladin rambles off somethingsomething damsel in distress
>archaelogist politely reminds him that it's a sun in human form and not his waifu and that its probably not very happy someone locked it in here
>somethingsomething freedom says the wizard but the elemental is really hot and has big tits and says she'll bang him if he lets her out because he's an autistic turbovirgin
>archaelogist strongly protests when the rogue breaks the containment field and lets her out because "she seems really nice!"
>elementaless gives paladin a chaste kiss on the forehead and walks out swearing vengeance on the world
>paladin now has 12 kinds of cancer
>but hey, big tits

currently the struggle is against a lichess who has infiltrated a decent sized island nation and gotten herself married to the then newly installed count who was the biggest power around.
Secretly she was behind his corruption and rise to power via framing his brother, the previous count. Players are now helping the deposed count’s son to resume power and expose the corrupt uncle. They have an idea that the countess is not what she seems, and they know for a fact she has greater than acknowledged nercomantic magics. Have figured out that she is probably the real power, but aren’t positive.

Multi-dimensional bump.
Have some potential bad guys as an offering

Attached: Purificateurs.jpg (500x639, 101K)

A local politician/wizard who is going to sell out the party to a cabal of liches trying to raise the king lich.

Gotta think in layers, my dude

The Eldrazi. My players think they're gearing up to face regular mind flayers. Oh how wrong they are.

Attached: david-eugene-eldrazi.jpg (1920x2263, 696K)

Might I suggest including someone from Ravenloft in the leadership? Strahd and Azalan have tried various planar shenanigans to break out before, and Vecna broke three different settings when he escaped.

He's a interglatic lizardman warlord that rides a giant tricerotops with mingun's attached to its side.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1280x961, 174K)

I was trying to define my own villains but since I'm going for multi-planar shenanigans anyway I might include them as they are. l'll look into those guys - I don't know much about Ravenloft. And I didn't think of including Vecna for some reason but I might now. Thanks

If also throw in one Joker wannabe "I'm an agent of chaos" type. Might be a bit cliche, but somebody like that with the power to attack entire planes is a dangerous enemy.

There is no big bad. No nefarious master plan.No single enemy to decapitate to right wrongs. No secret organization plotting out everything.There is only power and the will to seize it. Every race. every kingdom, every polity is just fighting for it. And the players have been complicit to everything. They have conducted not one but four different wars, trying to convince themselves there is a nobler goal, a higher purpose to serve, not just making their kingdom a larger blob on the map.

There was.

I see you're playing Shadowrun.

the big bad is a total stacy who got super pissed off that a boy called another girl cute so she's hellbent on revenge by bringing about a gender apocalypse that kills all the women

she can't bring herself to kill boys though, because they're like, so dreamy, so she just turns them into women so she can kill them

Intrigue based pathfinder campaign. I know, I know. The BBEG is the dipshit mayor, he's been cooperating with the heads of the town's crime families the whole time to get rich and shit, but now he called in a group of detectives to take down the evil he rooted in his own city, so he can be known as the mayor that eradicated the epidemic of organized crime in his city.

Mal Islen, pirate king betrayed 30 years before campaigns beginning that was hurdled forward in time Aku style by making a pact with eldritch god. In exchange for power and the time jump will sacrifice the city that betrayed him to the god's child which will promptly eat everyone there and then some. Played like Trevelyan from Goldeneye which upon rewatching made me realize I made a fantasy pirate version of him. A real dick to fight against, took the party's dead dog and mutated it into an abomination which he forced to fight them as he ran away. Tricked their best friend NPC into leading pcs to his grasp. Mal promptly killed the npc with her brainwashed student/adopted son. Died due to a pc ranger rolling a 99 on a crit table which put an arrow through his skull in the final fight.

Do you know what he looks like? I don't know how to design Lizardfolk that don't look like someone's FurAffinity OC.

Context?

Don't really have one. We've had the same adversary for a few weeks in a row, but usually it's more of a villian of the week thing.

We're mercenaries, not law enforcement or rebels.