/SWG/ - Collicoid Engineering Prowess Edition

What can mere Clones and beings do against such power.

Previously Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB
Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (Edge of the Empire/Age of Rebellion/Force and Destiny)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
Other FFG Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Destiny and the LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN
FFG Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the FFG RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ
Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.nz/#F!kJtCTR7Q!HNUwVc1B8KB2FrD4Twmb7g
Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/Un1UhzZ4

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing
Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster, co-op X-Wing campaign
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

--- Latest News ----
Legion behind the scenes video:
>youtube.com/watch?v=lhcTxl8nj8Q
Legion painting guide:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/16/get-started-painting-star-wars-legion/
Season One Organized Play:
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/recruit-your-legions/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/take-your-best-shot/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/open-the-blast-doors/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/star-destroyers-fighters-and-fun/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-force-is-with-you/
>fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/12/the-way-of-the-force/

Attached: Hunter-Seeker_droid_final_concept_art.jpg (1876x1415, 626K)

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Proton_bomb/Legends
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First! For Legion.

Attached: SW Legion AT-ST Size Comparison.jpg (1080x1080, 267K)

So what are some fun instances of intrigue and "talking" I can throw at my players?

To help narrow it, they are a small rebel cell that are basically establishing a beachhead for the greater rebel force, roughly 2 months before scarif/yavin.

Attached: 065 - aRJFUIZ.jpg (1920x816, 236K)

Huh, so it is quite huge. (Is there a miniature comparision with IA?)

Any opinion on game itself?
The sculpt are not exactly awe-inspiring, and core-set is, as usual with FFG, quite pricy.

>Is there a miniature comparision with IA?
4u

Attached: 687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f5a756632417a442e6a7067.jpg (3264x1836, 1.21M)

Thanks.
Any opinion on the game itself?

Attached: dl-rancorbunny.jpg (376x480, 40K)

It's fun. Simple to grasp the basics, but got some decent strategy to it even with the initial units, and the expansions really look like they'll only add more. Playing with terrain is real important though. Without it or some real scenario structure the game just being a shoot-fest is pretty dull.

Haven't played with all battle card combinations, but they're very fun and keep the setup from being identical each time.

Suggestions for names/paint schemes for Rebel fighter squadrons? My group's running a not-Wraith Squadron campaign and we're trying to figure out what to call ourselves.

Attached: diogo-costa-pirate-x-wing-1.jpg (900x900, 93K)

Purple, there is not enough purple in star wars.

As for names, natural phenomena is a good thing to name your squad after. Tornado, hurricane, storm, inferno, earthquake, blizzard, lightning, thunder, avalanche, tsunami.

>rebel
>fighters
Mayfly

Attached: Reinbach-414561-Star_Wars_Pin_Up.jpg (792x1122, 782K)

Core set from online retailers is roughly $72 which isn't bad for 36 plastic miniatures, dice and movement/range rulers.

The AT-ST is actually ridiculously well sculpted, it's better than the hobby kit version from bandai that I have with even greater articulation. I kind of don't even want to glue it to the stand because I'd rather use it for display purposes, it's just that nice.

The game itself is a lot of fun for the first few battles, easy to grasp within a single session, but gets old fairly quickly with just stormtroopers and rebel troopers shooting at each other. Luckily we're booked for a monthly release until the end of the year, with some pretty neat units on the way already.

I've been telling people that they don't use enough terrain in their wargames for a long time.

This is Han Solo, who was portrayed by actor Harrison Ford in the films. Say something nice about him.

Attached: Star-Wars-Legion-1[1].jpg (493x621, 85K)

Yellow Squadron, my dude.

It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

You are a Jedi who left the Order to Join the Dark Jedi but later left as well. During your time with each you found a female force user who you were close to and now they both hunted you down and are now fighting over you. Who do you choose?

Kuudere Jedi or Tsundere Sith waifu?

Attached: Star Wars-Jedi Waifu.jpg (1220x695, 194K)

I pick "Take your weebshit elsewhere"

>I pick "Take your weebshit elsewhere"

Fine then,Which Wife do you pick?

Attached: BL.jpg (570x373, 37K)

>Jedi
>Sith

No pleb tastes please

>mfw my 4 Stormies and DLT-19 are hit by a concussion grenade, 4 Z-6 shots and 3 A200 shots, but block everything like marvelous bastards
It's such a nice change of pace from 40K

You're still standing. Sort of.

Attached: 1500535699849.jpg (498x456, 32K)

Oh man, I love the terrain though. They put some effort into those rules. I love how it changes the game. Cover is great so you want to move from source to source, but you have to be careful because a lot of it is difficult terrain, so you want to be able to skirt it also. I haven't played much but it's such a dynamic part of the game.

Get some conditions like Poor Visibility or Harsh Conditions in there, totally different game.

Isn’t that too similar to Gold Squadron? Besides, those guys all died, and I don’t think we need that kind of karma.

Red dice are amazing. Vader should always have Force Reflexes. The fact that it gives him surge and all his conversions turn to wounds against the other guys. Perfecto.

Conversely, white dice suck butts. Never leave your ass hanging out with a white defense die unless you're some kind of hero like Han (who can reroll 3 defense dice). Always be dodging and hugging cover.

Anyone else think that dreadnought bombing in TLJ was more comedic than serious?

>Always be dodging and hugging cover.
And praying for surge if you're rebs.
That being said, the A200 FAR outperforms the E-11. If it wasn't for Stormie Precise 1 most of my shooting would have been utter balls.

Question.
Scenario - 5 Stormies with 1 aim token.
Stormies get three hits. Precise 1 lets them make three re-rolls. I re-roll the two failed hits and get one success. Can I then re-roll the last remain failed hit to meet my quota of three re-rolls?

Very well, In your choice to choose neither you leave them to their fight and as you were going on your way you found an ancient Jedi Holocron of ancient power. Open the mystery box to see

Attached: Mystery Box.png (900x1443, 1.81M)

>Harrison Ford
>a nice guy
You know that story of Alec Guinness and the kid who had seen SW like a 100 times? Well the story didn't actually end with Guinness asking him to never see SW again, after he'd said that and the kid was walking away, Harrison Ford tripped the kid
Yeah, not so nice

Yet another lesson in why you don't fuck with Poe. Dude doesn't need the Force to fuck up an entire ship's surface weapons. It's just embarrassing for everyone. I'm not sure he even needed he bombers. Sure he couldn't shoot through their armor but once they extended their main cannons those should have been vulnerable to the same torpedo spamming he gave Starkiller's oscillator. Maybe they didn't have time to reload torps into Poe's fighter?

Did that happen, or am I being japed?
Would have been better off with more X-Wings and proton torpedoes for those X-Wings, those bombers were worthless.

I'm not joking. I got to that bit where the girl is lying on her back and the detonator falls way too far for her to reach it, but suddenly she's on her stomach and has caught it. Then it all came back to me. I turned it off.

Why do you think I left both the Jedi and the Sith? I just want a peaceful life. Those who traffic in the force inevitably end embroiled in struggle; I wish for peace.

Attached: Thanos Farmer.jpg (1400x2202, 302K)

>those bombers were worthless.

And part of the comedy of the scene.

>that perfectly flat ship
>that very thinly spread anti-fighter coverage
>that big self destruct depression

>that bit where the girl is lying on her back and the detonator falls way too far for her to reach it, but suddenly she's on her stomach and has caught it.
I had forgotten

Attached: 1498265400345.gif (400x225, 2.07M)

It may not have been so bad but who can account for one TIE crash causing the destruction of three bombers? That one can probably be blamed on the pilots for flying a really shitty formation.

Still there has to be a better delivery system for those bombs. I'm thinking of a giant chain gun that magnetically launches the bombs one by one but at super rapid speed. No need to get close, momentum will take them to the target and let's see their point defense cope with that shit.

Or put guidance sensors and a rocket engine on them.

my brain processed it pretty immediately as her having rolled over in her attempt to catch it

the poor formation is not defensible

That's what was meant to have happened, obviously, but it was already many feet past her before she rolled over at light speed

listen, it's "dramatic" that's something you just roll with

Yellow Squadron as in the boss squad from Ace Combat 04.

And that was some of it too.

I think ship building got worse in the decades since Endor.

One of the first things running through my mind was "what the heck have they been doing for thirty plus years?".

And what the heck was stopping the Resistance from using the Bombers at Starkiller Base?

Why did the Resistance not stockpile war-material left over from the previous conflict?

Attached: main-qimg-9212ceaed8e3fd854c1618ebbdc41013.jpg (602x232, 31K)

And on top of that why did Poe's piece of junk fighter get crippled when it took a single small arms blaster hit to the engine?

Only if Porkins III, fatass grandson of the great Jek Tono Porkins, can ride one towards the Supremacy while waving a cowboy hat.

Imagine if Poe hadn't wasted the bombers or Carrie Fisher's daughter had made grabbing the munitions from the base a higher priority. They could then

>fuel the shuttles
>load them with bombs
>turn on the stealth projector
>remote pilot them into Snoke's ships

And just for Veeky Forums Ackbar will personally handle one while shouting, "ALLAHU ME!"

How much better than the Imperator-class is the Resurgent-class?

It's a lot bigger.

>And what the heck was stopping the Resistance from using the Bombers at Starkiller Base?
they were on the other side of the galaxy on a mercy mission

>Why did the Resistance not stockpile war-material left over from the previous conflict?
That's exactly what they did do. The movement has only existed at most for 5-6 years. A lot of the old shit is straight up scrap.

But it wasn't good..

Attached: 1504532173121.jpg (1516x1422, 494K)

>Dinner
>Silly
>Pancake
>Wardog
>Razgriz
>Galm
>Mobius
>Garuda
>Wizard
>Sorcerer
>Gauntlet
>Goose
>Maverick
>Iceman
>Goose
>Jester
>Viper
>Paladin
>Maniac
>Flash
>Panther
>Flint
>Vagabond
>Vaquero
>Hitman
>Icepick
>Jolly Rogers
>Gravitas

Attached: galm team2.png (1280x720, 1.08M)

>The movement has only existed at most for 5-6 years.

Then there are no previous conflicts as the galaxy hasn't had any for well over 20 years by that point.

Yes

The galaxy has been at relative peace. Up until the resistance forming (which is when news of the FO started to trickle in), everyone was convinced that all that remained of the empire were three old farts squabbling over scraps.

That means Leia must have pulled a stupid then if she didn't create the organization in the years before the disarmament.

>everyone was convinced that all that remained of the empire were three old farts squabbling over scraps.
>Not a single person is concerned about KDY continuing to develop, build, and send out new Star Destroyer hulls

Attached: picard-facepalm.jpg (921x606, 23K)

The resistance was made because the republic wouldn't act. Which is a problem that can only really be known far too late.

Remember: The FO still considered the republic enough of a threat that they needed a superweapon to beat the fleet

Yes. I never said they were smart.

if only we can get 50 cal like mounted Pintle Turret on top of the AT-ST

Attached: Walker_Assault.jpg (1600x1200, 612K)

Why do bombs fall down in space?

My biggest problem about the bombers was that they used gravity-oriented ordinance. They're in SPACE. We KNOW that Star Wars has torpedoes; Y-Wings used them to great effect, especially in Rogue One. So why use tight-formation bombers that need to travel all the way over a target to attack it?

Presumably they built shipyards in the Unknown Regions.

Of course, then the question arises as to why no one gave a fuck that KDY was shipping a buttload of resources to unregistered destinations.

That 50 cal on that AT-ST is insufficiently blasterized.

Why do ships need to constantly burn fuel? Why do the shots arc in space? Why didn't admiral gender studies just tell people her plan? Why didn't Luke lift his X-wing out of the water, put the wing back on and actually fight?
Oh wait, Rian Johnson. The man who only made one other decent movie and even then he fucked up basic laws of time travel.

Literally, magnets.

>Why do ships need to constantly burn fuel?

This is a dumb question. SW has never been suggested to be a universe with perpetual motion machines. Are the lights on? Are you moving? Well, you're burning fucking something.

They already explained that as thrusters that propel the bombs to the target.

Why they're using that when they know it's going to expend manpower the Resistance does not have is a better question.

Maybe the Resistance was broke and couldn't afford those?

But given the Corporate Sector thrives on war, they probably could have found someone willing to sell them torpedoes at a reasonable price.

Jedi every day of the week and twice on Sunday

If I remember correctly from the Visual Dictionary these were several shell companies founded in order to open up factories within the Unknown Regions and border territory in order to bypass the treaty ban on selling weapons to the First Order. FO was supplying the materials, the corps were supplying their designs and expertise, but it was being built locally within FO space. There wasn't a constant stream of new Star Destroyers tooting out of Corellian docks or elsewhere and then vanishing into FO space, which, yeah, would have been pretty damn suspicious.

You're missing my point. Why bother sending the valuable delivery system of the starship and its crew--especially in an organization seemingly strapped for materiel--over an enemy to attack it when they could do torpedo runs or something more sensible? That way the bombers would spend less time exposed to the TIE screen and they might have gotten through the battle with less casualties.

Are you brain dead? THEY ARE IN SPACE FUCK WIT. YOU REACH TOP SPEED ONCE AND YOU GO THAT SPEED FOR EVER. TURN YOUR FUCKING ENGINE OFF.

They very well may not have had any Y-wings at all. The frames were 50 years old at that point and were already on the way to the scrapyard after 20 something years.

As for gravity orientation, they were primarily for atmospheric targets and just incidentally can be used in space.

He's talking about coasting on momentum. Which kind of runs counter to how the ships are depicted in everything.

Why does this only bother people now?

Attached: giphy.gif (500x544, 1.97M)

>The FO still considered the republic enough of a threat that they needed a superweapon to beat the fleet

Except I think the Battlefront II Ressurection DLC states the First Order has enough ships to take over the Galaxy, even absent of Starkiller Base being factored in.

>frames were 50 years old
Then where are the new ones? New B-Wings? New any kind of single-person torpedo-delivering fighter/bomber? Why shitty flying fortress knock-offs who have to expose themselves and get over a target before hitting it?

They are torpedoes shit for brains. You know, propelled weapons.

Those don't accelerate like a falling object does, they seem to shoot out. The bombs from TLJ accelerate like they're in gravity.

That makes sense. Those bombers are trying to consistently pound an asteroid. So orient your launch tubes down and do a single long pass, dropping ordinance as you go. It makes sense. You don't need to do passes from a distance against something that doesn't fire back. But, funny thing, a dreadnought with a fighter screen does an awful lot of shooting back. A long pass with a target directly below you is the worst possible option.

Hey, asshole. Look up "Proton Bomb" for me.

The new B-wings are in the republic, and what little is in the resistance seems to be scrapped for parts.
>Why shitty flying fortress knock-offs who have to expose themselves and get over a target before hitting it?

Because they can make a bigger impact on target. They can carry orders of magnitude more explosives than other torpedo carriers.

>New B-Wings
IIRC, at least one of the ships from TFA was built from part of a B-wing "mark II" hull or something along those lines. Fuck knows where those went. They probably got scrapped along with all the other cool toys the old Rebellion had because the Nu Republic is run by retards and FO infiltrators.

"The proton bomb was at least twice as powerful as the heavy rocket, though its self-propulsion was very weak and relied upon the inertia of the fighter deploying it."
KEK SELF PROPELLED, EAT DICKS

That's a TIE Bomber, user. It's droppin' bombs.

Now if you wanted to point out that the asteroid had its own gravity which is how Han and Leia were walking around within you'd get somewhere, but still they use a magnetically propelled drop system.

Would it really have been suspicious?

This New Republic was willfully blind so.

>enough ships to take over the Galaxy
That just begs the question of where the fuck they found enough competent, skilled manpower to operate a galaxy's worth of warships. How many Imps evacuated to the Unknown Regions to form the FO? Surely they couldn't have been that horny. The idea of Space North Korea having a population capable of staff a galactic navy, let alone the infrastructure to support said navy, is laughable. Were they shitting out Spaarti clones by the gorillion to fill out the ranks?

>orders of magnitude more explosives
I suppose. But what's the point when they're so ineffective? I get that it's pretty gnarly that one load concentrated is enough to break dreadnought armor and cause a chain reaction; that's pretty cool I suppose. But how on earth can an organization strapped for parts, airframes, fuel, and ordinance decide that an entire formation is worth it to kill one capital ship when they were still in a shitty enough position that they had to run away?

>dreadnought with a fighter screen does an awful lot of shooting back.
Not after it's been Dameroned it doesn't.

You missed the part where Poe was immediately demoted for basically getting all their anti-capship forces destroyed right after then, I take it?

Because it subverts your expectations.

What part of relying on inertia escapes your understanding?

That you got me beat on. Desperation is a helluva drug.

And considering that high command was repeatedly going "bail out just abort abort abort" It seems like the Resistance did NOT want to go with that plan, and it was largely Poe's zealotry.

The part were you ignored that they aren't falling

I kind of wish that Star Wars showed us more Legend of the Galactic Heroes numbers every now and again so we didn't have to rely on the narrative of the entire galaxy being fought over by a series of small skirmishes.

Dameron did a great job of fighting off that fighter screen. Wait, no. The other thing happened.

I didn't miss it, I just don't think it's representative enough to make up for the stupidity of the tactic. I can't imagine any situation in a fleet battle where it would have worked.

See, your problem is you got that from Legends.
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Proton_bomb/Legends

>That just begs the question of where the fuck they found enough competent, skilled manpower to operate a galaxy's worth of warships.

Part of Kuat broke away and left with them apparently.

We also don't know what's in the Unknown Regions. They could have a whole slave Empire in there somewhere.

Also, don't forget they were kidnapping children for their new military machine and when Hux is addressing the Stormtroopers, he mentions Starkiller Base as a machine "they have constructed", perhaps implying the Stormtroopers could have been used as labor to build their warmachines.

This might explain how Finn knows so much about the First Order's tech, such a having knowlege he shouldn't have about the Super Laser Battering Ram.

Still, I think the bulk of this comes down to the New Republic being stupid as they knew about the First Order rearming as early as the Poe comics.

>Dameron did a great job of fighting off that fighter screen. Wait, no. The other thing happened.
Yes, an explosion occurred and debris destroyed two other bombers, three total.

>competent, skilled manpower
It's mostly child soldiers fed a potent cocktail of propaganda and indoctrination

The canon side offers up nothing to contradict or support the Legends side. However, give that it's the same weapon in the same situation in the same vehicles, common sense lends the Legends side more credence

Sure they do. They "fall" in the direction they were launched, following inertia. Duh.

It makes sense that the FO would have to cross-train people. Even with slaves and a potential UR pocket-empire, you have to make the numbers work somehow.

So they are launched.

To be fair, that's a pretty good trade. One multi-kilometer warship filled with thousands of FO personnel in exchange for some crappy bombers full of redshirts? Easy choice. It's the bomber pilots' own fault for dying to AA coverage that would make World War II shipwrights laugh with derision.

Attached: laughing rogue squadron.png (312x656, 50K)

Irrelevant. Just because canon doesn't contradict Legends doesn't give you carte blanche to ram Legends into canon because it's not contradicted. Sweet Leeland Chee it never worked that way.