Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

What did Warboss Smashface mean by this? Edition.

>Breaking News:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtube.com/watch?v=dM_mr2_W39Q

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Attached: smashf.png (400x232, 144K)

MUSCULAR SORORITA SLAVEGIRLS RIGHT AT MY FEET

Attached: vect.jpg (500x600, 139K)

Dreams do come true

Attached: 1392723980373.jpg (800x728, 117K)

3rd for Fires of Cyraxus never

Attached: 1521087342172.jpg (491x299, 21K)

What is the most patrician army, the one which is the most universally approved of by the 40k community here, and everywhere else?

Attached: 1521421591662.gif (133x128, 562K)

Commander Boreale - enemy forces in our perimeter.

How do I win with an elite army in 8th?

Attached: 1517179897399.jpg (1280x906, 345K)

my dudes > your dudes

Is there a case to be made for triarch praetorians? Are they good without a code?

Admech probably

Imperial Guard

Attached: 1501010706303.jpg (700x769, 110K)

BIG PLASTIC CELESTINE TITS IN MY FACE

I'd guess vanilla (but not Ultra) marines

How do custodes win? They take the one thing they have that's good (jetbikes) and spam it

Attached: 1509430810953.jpg (546x700, 136K)

see

Sisters of Battle

I don't see much reason to take them with the buffs to everything else.

Who is the best chapter and why cant i stop posting Red Scorpions ?

Attached: gez_daml.png (575x816, 1.21M)

this

obviously orks. its not even close. And I dont play or plan on playing orks.

*blocks your path*

Attached: CelestialLions3rdCo039-1.jpg (640x480, 62K)

>opponent pulls out his models
>”ah, my paladins!”
>sets down this
Wat do

Also post your /wip/

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.28M)

Soup in the things to fill your weak spots.

Orks, the worst thing anyone says about them is that they're inconsequential to the overall plot.

They do D2 on a roll of 6, which, combined with high rate of fire, makes them decent at chipping wounds off vehicles/terminators.

guard army that consists of only leman russ and leman russ commanders.

Umm, where is the necron pdf from earlier?

This.

Attached: Femguinius.jpg (1080x1080, 207K)

>No problem, here's my Deathwatch

Attached: IMG_20180102_180252.jpg (1102x460, 140K)

I third this, DEldar are the most well loved of any army in 40k by Veeky Forums as a whole. They are edgy but in a 40k fun way and they dont get too much love from GW compared to a lot of other popular armies. People who play them are usually bro's too.

Attached: lr-squad.png (862x802, 673K)

just going in for your yearly checkup with this guy would cause enough damage to have your geneseed removed
>powerfist proctology
no thank you

yeah no

maybe if sisterfags weren't so obnoxious but no

>posting the same pic of the same models in every thread
Get some new material

>You may want to take a twenty minute coffee break while I deploy, I play blob guard.

Attached: IG player starts deployment.webm (1280x688, 1.8M)

Autistic yelling and memesters play Orks. Wrong.

Tryhards and neo-nazi poltards, nope.

Maybe Ad Mech, though it does have lots of toxic memery.

The faction choice of little kids. No thanks.

Haha no.

>deathwatch
is that sarcasm because those look like fire hawks or legion of the damned
im seriously mirin' that underslung missile launcher in the middle

Attached: culln.png (565x787, 1.08M)

What's the difference between a twin-bolter and a combi-bolter?

you should get a trip so we can filter you

Not until I'm famous.

Attached: IMG_20171219_124955.jpg (3050x1455, 743K)

>painting flames with the highlights on top

>toxic memery

Attached: 1509143707868.jpg (400x300, 32K)

im not you but what about a storm bolter for that matter? all double barreled and fire the same thing.

>Memes as a reason for something being bad

Stop memeing.

It's the difference between a double barrel shotgun and two shotguns taped together.

This isn't right, vanguards are better because they're faster and debuff units they are in cc with. They're great for playing objectives.

I just realized, Combi-bolter, Twin-boltgun, and Storm Bolters all have the exact same weapon profile and point cost. Why are they different options?

Once the Tyrant spam nerf comes through - what army will be top tier?

That's how the Legion paints their flames as of the Index artwork. They go red > yellow

Attached: WD 224_01.png (525x795, 919K)

some semblance of GW giving a shit about the fluff

Fluff.

Because they weren't always the same.

and their guns are better than 30" bolters.

Tau.

Attached: 1520976784979.png (2248x1476, 5.03M)

cause i have a captain with a storm bolter, and ill be damned if i have to put it off to put a combi bolter on because 2 editions later they want all to be just 1 option

When is the big errata supposed to happen? I have some hopes that need to be dashed, and I think this will be just the thing for them.

Attached: 40kFAQFuture-Dec15-Infographic4fqn.jpg (1000x995, 181K)

You wouldn't need to remove it, they could've just had a single profile entry + (you may use Combi-bolter, Twin Boltgun, and Storm Bolter bits to represent this)

What are you up to my fine anons? Played a bunch of fun games this week. This one for my 40k campaign against some loyalist Emperor's Children and then today first played in a 3v3 and then a 2v2 against Nids and Crons. Any fun games? Also up for a batrep my dudes?

Attached: WP_20180321_14_41_51_Pro.jpg (5344x3008, 4.38M)

Tomorrow seems likely. They said after adepticon.

After Adepticon. So this Monday.

After adepticon, check back monday.

Alright so a friend of mine is selling his army, and I'm thinking about buying it. It's crons, and he says he has ~4 units of warriors (I think 40 but maybe 80), 10 or 20 Immortals, 3 Destroyers, a magentized ghost/doomsday ark, 3 Canoptek Scarabs, a metal one with a hideous paintjob, a Monolith, a bunch of scarabs, and a metal lord. Everything is primed black

user talking about first time painting earlier. WIP update. Still needs a wash, the gun and parchment finished but any advice for a total noob.

Attached: IMG_20180324_200601.jpg (3036x4048, 2.68M)

what're peoples hopes & dreams for the inc. faq?

apologies in advance for when they are crushed, also. but we can believe.

They normally post FAQs on Sunday.

stop trying to take my options away.

Different angle

Attached: IMG_20180324_200614.jpg (3036x4048, 2.23M)

Price?

They themselves said that the FAQ is being posted after Adepticon. Adepticon ends tomorrow.

He's a cutie, I like the colors. Is that one of geedubs' paintjobs or your own? Looks kinda like Ryza but I don't really recall..

It is right, Radium Carbines do more damage against pretty much anything, Galvannic Rifles are only better if you want to gunline and stay further than 18" the whole game.

You're not wrong that the main reason for Rangers is their versatility but their guns are flat-out better too.

Attached: De141be78080b97faf37ca9d4dba3c16.jpg (657x838, 94K)

cheaper russ's. cheaper russ commanders. better commissars. basically anything that makes my tanks and infantry better. and nerfs to all other armys, especially ones that get a -1 to being hit, fuck those armies

I have a question about the Yncarne. The inevitable death rule is not precise. It says he cannot charge when "set up in this manner". But is this valid every time it is set up including the first time or just when he's already on the table and teleport to another place after a unit dies ?

Oh, shit, I forgot to put it. 100-120ish, plus he's got some paints that I can probably use if I want to paint it.

Please help me, I want to believe Lorgar is wrong. But I can't prove it.

Attached: 1514674644167.jpg (680x688, 98K)

No. It's still the same options + no model has the option of taking 2 of those, let along all 3, this way the codex could be reduced in size.

I like the 50/50 inversion of the Mechanicus symbol and the carapace armour, looks good.

Attached: 1500190888309.jpg (1120x844, 140K)

whats his details i'll uhhhh buyitoutfromunderyou ask him mroe details to get you info on if it's valuable

Admech

>not too strong
>not terrible
>great style
>models are nicely detailed
>fits the setting

Do you think that Chapter Masters/Captains/Chaplains sometimes go undercover as new recruits who just got their armor to see how the older veterans treat the new guys?

thanks user.

Only in certain chapters.

Attached: 1504583459434.jpg (460x597, 58K)

user, you are trying to over complicate things. remember, there are people here who couldnt even get 8 pages of simplified rules right when 8th began

My advice, be careful with the wash. It'll instantly fuck up the model if you do it sloppily. Apply very carefully, only in crevases.

i dont think a space marine chapter is like the army. there probably isnt much bullying and raping going on, when you spend 90% of non combat days in training, and the other 10% eathing, sleeping, and venerating the emperor

It's a test scheme for a different army I'm making so if it's Ryza that's news to me. I'm brand new to the hobby and all I know is Ryza has orange cloaks and not anything else. This was my learn how to paint and assemble minis.

>not too strong

take out the word 'too' and you are spot on.

>only faction in the entire game with no access to transports

Attached: AdMech in 8th Edition.png (500x522, 115K)

Its any time he's set up via inevitable death so if you use it to teleport then he can't charge.

This is the Ryza scheme. Good luck with your painting though, it looks pretty good so far!

Attached: 2018-03-24-201627_1920x1080_scrot.png (547x916, 727K)

If you use Cawl's phosphor disco castle, they can be pretty gnarly.

Ok well. I'll bait my enemy to kill some rangers at 9 inches of his unit then.

This.

Attached: gib blackstone.jpg (1000x563, 42K)

I've played with him a lot, he's actually pretty viable. That said he's a super 'tech' unit so you'll feel like he's dogshit in the games you don't get him dead on. I played against an amazing Ynnari list with him at a tournament this weekend that took massive advantage of him.

I'll be careful. A big problem I have had is thin and thickness of paints. I have no idea if I am in the sweet spot at any point. Everything has felt overly runny. I think I put to much water in my pallette is my guess.

So, if you could choose one small change for your army in the upcoming FAQ, what would it be?

>Blood Angels
>all librarians get a 4++ invuln save, even the dread

need another thin coat, on the coat. Be careful with the washes.
The gun needs highlighting.

Played my first game of Tau in 8e today. Ran a brigade with fusionstar, ethereal, fireblade, 6 msu Strike teams, 2 ion pathfinder squads 1 vanilla, 2 stealth teams+ full melta keel, 2missilesides and an ionhead(borkan sept btw). Was against my buddies combined WE+Khorne Daemons. Was a really really fun game. Ionhead 1 shot his Heldrake with solid roles on overcharge plus a lucky seeker hit, fusion commander chunked out most of his Bloodthirster in one round of shooting. Missile sides eat bloodletters alive. Was a fairly close game but deployment ended up happening short-ways on the table so it was a quick and bloody battle p much decided by the bottom of turn 2, after which he conceded. Big takeaways: I’m never not giving my Keel an EWO. Target lock did jack shit, EWO woulda done so much work. Fusion commanders aren’t a meme. They’re savage. Ionheads can Fuck shit up really hard with just a tiny bit of strat support. Tau have a million ways to buffer deepstrikers further out. Oh, and ethereal suck balls if you’re not going first.
>/blog

Attached: A3618CD7-20DF-4B97-B6D5-269AE3C2B2CF.jpg (900x900, 223K)

Hell if I know.
I don't know how to fix the tactical marine.