Warhammer underworlds: shadespire

Day of the organized play edition

Anybody attending/have attended a GW supported even this weekend? I'm currently involved in one right now.

One of the prizes is a large 4 player fold out game board. It has all 4 boards printed on one large sheet.

Also alternative art cards and tokens.

Attached: the_farstriders_1.jpg (900x900, 181K)

Why the fuck did stormcasts need another warband?

Variety I guess, I'm excited personally just for the variation a ranged warband will bring.

Incase you missed it, they announced more upcoming warbands in the future (that aren't stormcast and khorne) and one of the warbands will be nighthaunts.

I just want a nurgle one

I second that.

Stormcucks are the marines of AoS enjoy a never ending release of StormCast forever!

That said Shadspire is a cute little game and Skaven models and cards look adorable

Some of the tournament prizes

Attached: 20180325_140955.jpg (4608x2592, 4.05M)

I wonder how the Farstriders will actually work out in game. With a native ranged attack I will image them to be very defensive.

And the 4 player fold out game mat. I really want one of these and would buy it if GW released it, however right now it's GW event prizes only.

Forgot the photo oops

Attached: 20180325_141141.jpg (4608x2592, 4.53M)

Oh, that's neat. I hope those are released seperatly.

Based on the bases, Sylvaneth confirmed for next war band after storm casts #3

Attached: 4L_WpHXhWQw.jpg (1750x2500, 393K)

I'd love a Arkanaut Company warband, with like four dorfs.
Captain with sword&pistol, guy with spear, guy with volley gun, guy with axe&pistol or something.

Hopefully, when season 2 of Underworlds is released with a new setting we'll get some more variety of factions.

Maybe they should pit some newer armies against each other and start off the starter set with Idoneth? Against some Tzeentch swole boys maybe

Idoneth seem a tad specialized in terms of flavor for a Shadespire starter.
Tzeentch seems like a great idea, though. 4 Tzaangors (leader w/ shield, greatblade, mutant w/ dual blades) might be interesting.
Other factions I'd like to see in the next season:
- Tree Revenants (mobile and flexible)
- Arcanaut Company (shooty)
- Gutterrunners (can fade into the shadows)
- Blightkings (only two guys, but very strong)
- Scuttling Grots (just so we finally see some more of these dudes)

The other one is another stormcast as well as nighthaunts for sure. They'll have wizard hats I bet

Show me your warbands, guys.

Attached: chosen axes.jpg (1009x528, 123K)

Attached: DSC_0389[1].jpg (4096x3072, 4.65M)

Came 4 out of 8 in an organized play tournament today. Orks were first and 2nd as expected

What were you using?

Pretty nifty stormcast deck, I usually play an objective based Khorne army and wish I had used them today.

Nifty how, very aggressive?

I hope GW will release 3 more stormcast warbands in new wave.

I don't think it'd work, purely because of the game's core mechanics, but I'd love to see a warband that's just one big unit.

I'd also like to see some mixed warbands, like a single Ogre with some Gnoblars as chaff (maybe it could have a mechanic whereby it throws the Gnoblars to double their movement range, but with a chance of inflicting damage on the thrown unit), or a Vampire Lord with some ghouls/thralls (although that would play very similarly to the Sepulchral Guard)

It's me if you're wondering O_O

But yes very aggressive; I have denial/contained/conquest as my big 3. I just swapped a few objectives that revolve around fighting and added a few hold objectives for that easy glory to upgrade my guys when fighting orks. Charging head on into orks isn't working unless I can use time trap in round 1 to kill their leader with 2 charges. If the Ork leader gets a few upgrades he's ridiculous.

Also got a pretty nice fold out 4 player game mat from the event; it's the same print as on the boards but it just folds out into a 4 player map.

do we have the release dates for farstrider and magore?

mounted not-brettonia knight with squires on foot

Because the range birthed the game, not the other way around. The "warbands" are in truth easy to build kits intended for people to start up (and see how far they could push the level of detail in that kind of stuff) that two designers thought another use for. I am positive that the next cycle of 10 warbands will have in truth two more stormcast "warbands".

That explains why there's so much khorne and stormcast, and why their models are so static and generic, but the skaven totally do not feel like they were made with beginners in mind. Hell, their "easy to build" designs I think actually make them harder to build than conventional "every limb a separate piece" would have been.

STOP
RELEASING
FUCKING
STORMCAST

Isn't a ranged warband going to be OP as fuck?

Depends on stats; but probably not. The boards not big enough not to get sucked into combat.

If it's only range 2 and low damage, probably not. if it's even 2 damage then it's going to shit hard on swarm teams, and if its range 3 its going to be a real cunt to any objective build since there's nothing stopping ranged attacks from driving people off objectives, but if its accuracy is trash then it might still be fine I guess.

Most likely mid-April I would think.
Cheers for the photos, those look great. How have you fared so far?

I think they will have range 3 as default, but damage will be low (1, maybe 2) and attack dice pretty bad as well (2 fury)

once upgraded the range attacks will probably be stronger but the enemy also a lot closer

Assuming you're referring to the Farstriders, if the rumors are true and they get basically a Range 3 3 dice(daggers) attack at Damage 1 it won't be terrible, especially at three dudes.

Nah, they are very easy to make. I SUCK at assembling, yet I had both the skavens and fyreslayers made under 20 minutes while chatting and watching a friend kill the Final boss in DS III with fucking cestus.

I feel like these niggas are gonna bust the game.

There's a decent share of ranged means by now, and non go beyond the 3 hexes, which is charge range for most warbands.

They're also very easy to break though, and the way they're split up for the sprue makes some of their mold lines a challenge to get to. The knife tail guy for example has his mold lines run in between each of his fingers, and pretty much all of them have them lengthwise down the tails which are real good ways for beginners to chop tiny parts off by accident.

>Ohhh, damage 1 attacks. That will sure burn through an entire skeleton as long as you dedicate your entire turn to whittle away at it.

Phone takes shitty pics, sorry.

Attached: IMG_20180322_155445.jpg (3840x2160, 1.77M)

More importantly- why do they look so awful? Honestly, compared to the other warbands, they are static and uninspired.

Well, one is already confirmed (anvilbolts)

What do want for the other two? Extremis Chamber?

That's a nice bascinet

Extremis with a single mounted dude on his dragon and once you kill him he gets dismounted and you get him inspired on foot.

Attached: WD111e.jpg (800x600, 230K)

Thanks, i was worried it came out too thick

It would be great if we got some warbands for factions that havent gotten a full army yet. Like a bunch of Root Kings or some of the legacy armies.

So long as they dont have ridiculous movement I think they'd probably be fairly balanced.

It's a shame dorfs are such an outplayable warband

These might be the first SCE headswaps I don't hate.
But you really should have exchanged Severin's stupid anime mug as well.

Are they? I just bought those yesterday after a demogame at the store, alongside the Silver Tower dorf. I just thought they looked great.
It'd be typical if I just got into the worst faction again..

Attached: IMG_2152.jpg (562x617, 82K)

Special Slaanesh mortals preview warband?
Pestigors band?

people "go into" shadespire factions?
why not just play all of them?

You get inspired (+move, health, damage) from standing in an objective. Everyone runs earthquake/push bullshit, so your important guy will either be out, all of them will be out because lol earthquake, or separated and picked one at a time. Meanwhile orks are reliable and punchy, rats can inspire basically at will, sigmar is sigmar, tanky as hell and more defensve tha nyou are... But hit almost as hard.
And if you use the push shenanigans to get back into an obj to inspire the rival will know you don't have it for later use

you can just earthquake the earthquake

Also, don't think you are unplayable, just that your inspire is easily countered and you depend ln it a lot. With move 2, you get into very bad combats, I saw the locsl rat guy use the leader with (admittedly) like 3/4 ploys and upgrades he had amassed on it to take out both the dwarf leader and the other high damage guy in a single activation. Being outmaneuvered sucks

As someone who tried them all dorfs can be monsters but it's hard to pull off if you play against someone with a brain.
Orcs are punchy and tough but as a band that relies on punching stuff they strive and die by the dice rolls, it only takes a turn one where you roll poorly and you're in a uphill battle.
Rats have a really strong leader and they all move so quickly that they basically dominate the field, thankfully a part from the leader they are pretty weak fighters but you can expect them to reliably control where the fight happens and if it happens.
Skellybones are many but that means that you're giving free gp to anyone the first turn, other than that they got some good cards but they can struggle because of their slowness.
Khorne marauders are easily the shittiest band as they can get shotted by anything, they suffer from the same problem orcs have with being slaves to the die and on top of that they are pretty hard to inspire without suiciding a couple of them.
Sigmarines are the only band with 2 fighters with a 3 damage attack, they have some easy to do and immediate scoring objectives and some decent ploys, overall they can hit as hard as orcs while not relying too much on fighting but opening up other strategies if you fumble a couple rolls.

You sound like a pleb who has no idea how to build a decent deck. Dwarves and bloodreavers suck? For real? Check out the website for deckbuilding ideas Sir Faggy Plebbington if you suck that much.

They do not suck but are easily outplayed, you can get really good game with them but you can also get a lot of bad games because of a turn one earthquake and that's hard to recover from.

>set up at back of board
>hold objectives as far back as possible
>dent orks scoring anything round 1 by being too far away.

Hrmmmm

Why are none of you bastards selling the cards?
I want play the Dorfs using my Slayers but I don't want the keyblades.
Are they ever going to release card packs?
Fyreslayers are terrible models so I can't even justify the box as getting nice toys too.

Convert or just don't be a faggot? You say keyblades as a plural, but it's a single model with a weapon that be EASY to convert.

Can't stand the Fyreslayer models.
Just don't like them.
I thought the problem was the paintjobs, but the same is true for non-GW Studio jobs.

I like the old Slayer asethetic a lot more.

Were it not for folks like you, with the "suck it up, faggot" attitude, I'd just print off the cards and sleeve them, but the prevalance locally of this sort of consumer purist approach means I'm unlikely to get games of GW systems with 'improper' kit.

Have to say I feel the same. And at least they could have added a female. The two female SC we've seen are very good looking imo.

Bullshit.
For one they are counter Skaven with their objectives.

Me and my boyfriend are thinking of getting into this game, but does anyone have any idea how long support is gonna continue after the release of the next 2 warbands?

I really want them to do ogres but I cant really see how they'd balance such Thicc powerful unit's without there just being like 2 of them

I asked that when the rumors were still unconfirmed, and I got shouted down because "they'll play totally different from the other Stormcast warband!"

I get Stormcasts are big sellers, but why a separate warband instead of, I don't know, am expansion to the Stormcast warvand that already exists and now would allow players of that warband to mix up their lists a bit more and have more options than the same four models every single game?

>but does anyone have any idea how long support is gonna continue after the release of the next 2 warbands?
Depends on how many updates gets Necromunda

Attached: Fix.gif (500x271, 3.01M)

Because they don't want people to mix up the warbands for balance reasons. Rhe more variability you add, the more difficult it is to keep it reasonable. Plus, if you add a army building mechanic to what is still a boardgame things just become a clusterfuck. This is not a hard concept to grasp.

GW spoiled two cards from a new set, with a number of cards in the set that suggests 10 new bands. Ofc one of them is sigmar, because everyone needs and wants them and the game needs 3+ sc factions

Well, GW recently said that there willl be another two to four warbands this year after the Farstrides and the Fiends and the previewed cards apparently reveal in their numbering that there are at least ten more warbands coming.

No bitching about Khorne, who has just as many warbands as Sigmar right now?

Khorne hasnt gotten a third warband confirmed yet. Yet. I can't get GW, they are doing so many cool-looking factions for AoS but not porting them to WU

At least the Khorne ones are more visually distinct and probably more mechanically distinct too. Bloodshirts+Blooddog and Bloodskins have different model counts and silhouettes and will probably have significantly different stat lines while the biggest differences between the Sigmarine teams visually is just the weapons and helmets and the bowboys will probably have the same move, defense, and wound stats.
If they hinted a third Khorne band I'd definitely be just as disappointed as the hint of a third Stormcast band has me though.

Buy the box yourself and sell the models? Or keep them in a box, it's not that expensive for a hobby

I don't know against what skaven you played but you got it the other way around my dude, rats can basically do wathever the fuck they want agains dorfs and dorfs can't do shit about it save for the usual movement ploys wich are avaiable ot anyone.

If they released all the warbands they have in a short amount of time they would burn out on their possible releases, people would buy stuff initially but the game would die out in the not-so-long run

Do I have to buy the skaven warband? Are the neutrals card in there worth the price?

Yep

Interested potential player here, could someone give me a run down on how every faction plays? No idea who to start with

this is not like starting a huge army collection like in other GW games, just buy everything. start with the base set

The playstyle varies alot depending on your deck build. For example the steelheart's champions have won big tournaments playing both super-defensively and super-aggressively

Magore's Fiends, except using three Liberators and a Gryph-hound? Really not a fan of Khorne.

Attached: 29258625_1617157591696398_8499134989042974720_o.jpg (1000x1000, 114K)

I meant they could release some of their AOS exclusive factions before doing the 2nd/3rd bands of the same factions. Instead of that 3rd SC band vs whatever (let's suppose it's a 2-band box again), make it sylvaneth vs nurgle? both factions are relatively new models-wise, and could use a couple alternative models for AOS.
Or hell, Karadron vs those flying grots they said. If it's a few (3-7) models they can do pretty much anything

I did explain a bit above why this is a thing, don't feel like posting it again.

Buy the first four warbands (core, skellingtons and ironskull's) and then experiment. It will cost you around 95 euros if you buy at full prize, less if you get discounts. The playstyles vary quite a bit.

4 wounds 1 shield for the guys 5 wounds 1 shield? for the hound, calling it now.

Why can't they just make a warband for each god instead of this bullshit.

I'm with you on the sentiment, but you could convert a team to proxy them.

No chick?

Sauce on the helmets?

It's green stuff

Eh shade spire lost appeal to me right away when they launched it with nothing but Khorne and sigmarines, in addtions they only have a handful of warbands for unappealing armies. If they would have launched more factions at once, i would have been interested. like Slaves to darkness to tzeentzch, the dispossessed, or freeguild.

Really hope the freeguild get a warband with like a witchhunter or some shit in it.
Doubt it'll happen though

OMG dude a witch hunter with flagellants

yes please

Stormcast are few in number but tanky and hard hitting and they have cards for pretty much anything
Khorne is a lot of weaker guys and their cards mostly focus on aggression though people seem to have more success running them as objective controllers
Orcs punch shit and have a lot of health
Undead are a fragile, slow moving wave of bodies who tend towards objective control and come back from the dead
Dwarves are slow but tough individuals who also want to stand on objectives at least part time
Skaven are fast and want to be tricky and interrupt your shit with dick stabbing from crazy angles, also come back from the dead

Wow you guys really weren't kidding with the Sigmarines nicknames. It's quite figuratively a Space Marine holding a Bolter and a CC weapon.

>at least they could have added a female.

Why bother with such tokenism?