People who make you lose interest in TG

>Start to work on a setting
>Roommate ask what I'm doing
>Tell him that I've just started working on a new setting, potentially to be used in a RPG
>Ask me questions if it was done and have to spend ten minutes explaining that just started doesn't mean done, but tell him some of the stuff I have
>He starts coming with ideas
>"That sounds alright but how about making it more Generic_Fantasy.jpeg to make it more interesting"
>A week or so later later...
>Ask how far along I am.
>I tell him that I consider making it a rather lethal world, possibly with early firearms. A bit inspired by Warhammer Fantasy
>"I don't like firearms, what about something else user, like more generic_fantasy.exe"
>Tells him it's a side project and my setting, i'm doing this for fun, so i'll just do what I want with it.
>He get's offended and say that I won't be able to play without players
>Say he won't be able to play without a GM and repeat it's something I do on the side.
>He comes to my room a month after project start, worked on it on and off.
>Tell him i'm not done
>He starts to talk about how it might be better to just start the game now to avoid over designing it.
>Are_You_Fucking_Serious.exe
>He now keeps coming with generic fantasy ideas and have decided for himself he will play with me and the group it was originally intended to be played with.
>He is a massive min-maxer
>Goes between barely to outright refusing to RP
>Is two steps from being an SJW and is a male feminist who points out "injustice" when he sees it
>my regular group usually just separate politics in game and real life or have them be so out there we can't help but laugh
>Mfw he will probably destroy the group
>Mfw a 30 year old man will literally start crying if I refuse to take him along

So what about you Veeky Forums who makes you want to just flip the table and say "I give up, fuck it all"?

Attached: DemMoves.png (1366x768, 1.96M)

>roommate
Sorry, started laughing there and didn't read the rest.

>having a roommate
People pick the strangest things to feel self-superior over.

You could have read more, because it gets worse. OP is an autist.

Get out normalfag, go watch game of plebs or something

People who have grown up never having to work and always being able to rely on daddy's connections and daddy's money don't understand the struggle of the common man. They operate in an entirely different economy than everyone else.

Don't see the strange thing in having a roommate...

A 30 year old man I don't want to play with and can't take a hint that I don't care for his ideas will literally start crying if I don't let him join my game... No exaggeration, I've found him crying on the couch due to similar stuff before, yet I'm the autist?

Attached: ae205c21666c31ae85cc8b136955453.png (312x326, 16K)

Sounds like you're over designing it. Using SJW as a derogative just shows your immaturity.
>My precious campaign

i assumed the jab was that it sounds like a made-up story, but sure. it's entirely possible OP lives with a roommate who has semi-common interests but ultimately is way spergier about them than his roommate is.

>Using a derogatory term as derogatory is immature
... kay...
>my precious campaign
Working on and off for a month for an entire setting which probably combined amounts to a week of work is over designing? It's not a campaign, it's a setting. I simply got a group I usually play with.

>...kay...
Leave, Reddit

Ignore fags picking on you OP.
Your roommate needs boundaries. Don't want him to cry? Don't tell him where you're going, or kick him out & lie about the reasons if you absolutely must play host.
The guy sounds like an ok human being but if you don't want to associate with him outside of being his roommate then just don't.

a common approach to tabletop gaming is to realize that, while the GM's vision is obviously important, it's one that should be formed by group input and corroboration, because having one person dictate the tone and world as a sole authority who takes no input isn't really the spirit of cooperative-chance-affected-storytelling-with-game-elements.

like how another thread is discussing how it's important for players to not bring in too much backstory, it's equally important for GMs to not bring in too much to take in, so both the GMs and players have room to stretch and express themselves in ways that make everyone happy.

so, this is why you get shit on for thinking so much about your game. everyone's more used to the mentality i'm describing for successful gaming.

I think you upset a few people there are lot of different types that come to Veeky Forums I wouldn't worry. He obviously means well but he's not very good at taking hints it sounds like he just wants to apart of your project but didn't ask like a confident person would have. It's not really fair that he invites himself, I'd recommend letting it go quiet for a little while and just going somewhere private to do it.

He invited himself to the group, he was never an official member. The group I'm regularly playing with I've talked with several times, what themes do they prefer, anything a no-no or a must and so on.

>Using SJW as a derogative just shows your immaturity.
Only a SJW would say that.

Is this a hidden "why no firearms" thread?

>lie
Pft, don't lie, OP.
If he's 30 and cries over being enough of a piece of shit he can't be invited to playing pretend, that's his problem.

G-gunpowder ruins everything

This guy gets it

Attached: 1482571664912.jpg (600x1290, 105K)

OP, you can do a lot of things. The only thing I would absolutely make sure you don't do is letting him play. Having him play will only ruin all the hard work you've put into what you have so far. You don't value your time so little that you'd let some manchild ruin it, would you? And how about the time of your other players? I'm sure they'd appreciate you keeping out someone that could ruin it for everyone.

You could just tell him you're not playing the game actually then do it in secret if he doesn't know anyone from your group.