I develop Blockfolio, AMA

Hi, I'm a developer at Blockfolio.
Here are some numbers from January 1st 12:15AM to January 4th 12:15AM:

Total users: 7 244 000.
Device usage: 78% iOS/22% Android.
Growth the last 30 days: 1 120 000 new users.

Amount of people with positive profit: 46%.
Total profit: $423 000 000

Amount of negative profit: 50%.
Total loss: $292 000 000

Amount of equal profit: 4%.

Total positive profit for the whole year of 2017: $16 790 000 000. (Wow!)

We are currently experiencing a lot of users using our service so that is why we are doing a major rework of our server infrastructure.

Let's see what 2018 bring us. AMA.

STOP TRACKING MY TRADES U JEW

Post any proof that you are who you claim to me.

Do you cache requests? I assume you have to? Do you need any help scaling the backend?

Why delta is better than shitfolio?

Your app is shit faggot.

t. Delta masterrace

How do I clear my profile and start over?

A lot of people moving to Delta because you are able to give us that exact info. People don't want that in this space.

How do you make money? Do you sell our crypto info?

Not sure if you are the real deal, but just a heads up I sold REQ the other day and it didn't leave my account for like 2 hours so, not sure if that was lag but it was going to let me sell the same bag of coins multiple times. It probably would have been a headache if I had done so, though.

>50% in the negative
what

How did you filter larper inputs?

No thanks.

Look on our Twitter page for open jobs, we are currently searching for experienced back-end developers.

Read the FAQ.

Yes.

>selling with Blockfolio
Kys dumbass

WHY SHOULD I USE BLOCKFOLIO OVER DELTA? I SWITCHED BUT I FORGET WHY I DID THAT

What is the average portfolio size? Most owned coins?

I SENT 100 BTC TO MY BLOCKFOLIO AND ITS FUCKING GONE GIVE IT BACK FAGGOT

>positive profit
>negative profit
Is this done by you guys comparing cost basis (which isn't saved explicitly on the app) to proceeds or are you just looking at account sizes? I expect a lot of people are cashing out big chunks from time to time, so if it's the latter method, you're not really measuring gains/losses. If it's the former, how the hell did that many people lose money over the last 30 days in crypto? The market is booming like crazy lately.

Losers tend to attract less attention compared to people who get lucky. The majority of trades that we track are at a loss.

We (try) to filter out "fake" trades with our own built systems. "LARP:ers" tend to just make a fake portfolio, take a picture, and then delete it.

7 million?

I once said that less than 10 million have invested in crypto's.

I kinda believe that number

Love blockfolio. Could you please add a listing for gold/silver prices? Would it be hard to link to an api to track those prices too?

Will you consider adding a web based version of Blockfolio? I'm sick and tired of using my phone to enter data. And if I lose my phone my portfolio is gone.

Also sometimes I like to add more expenses to holdings. For example I lose money on exchanging and arbitrage, so I set my initial price higher while keeping the sats price, any chance this could get support?

These, get dicked shitfolio faggot

gimme the good stuff. what looks like the top minable currency that will survive through everything and continue to be used post hype and crash (beyond 2020).

7 million neets

700 billion marketcap

LMAO

Average portfolio size is less than 1.0 Bitcoins.

i just want to say i love your app and the idea of banning non-whites from using crypto currency. it's long overdue. keep up the good fight folio-chan!

Why are all my coins red? I'm buying HIGH selling LOW as Veeky Forums told me, but it doesn't work. Am I hack?

is smegma bad for your gums? does it cause bad breath?

Hey man can you add fees to the "deduct from BTC" and "add to BTC" slider option. Really would appreciate that because right now I'm manually adding in the 0.25% bittrex fee

I bought 1300 stellar lumens at 0.30$ on blockfolio and never recived them. FUCK BLOCKFOLIO.

Your app is always slow and shitting the bed. You and your pals should be hanged in the streets for this shit. You're earning billions of dollars but you can't make this app function?
You guys should meet up with the devs of coinbase and make a suicide pact for being total sacks of garbage. Fuck you.

how is delta different?

Hey, thanks for making Blockfolio!
Is there a way I could import my trades on Binance into Blockfolio? I stopped updating my sell/buy orders because it was exhausting to add so many transactions every day manually. Binance gives you an option to export trading history as .XLSX. Any way to import this into Blockfolio? Or any plans to add this feature?

I can't say for sure, but the future is looking good for a desktop-based client. No promises though.

When are accounts coming? I keep my old phone around just to track trades and I'd rather not.

>Amount of negative profit: 50%.
This is when I realized it was a LARP.

rude

This what is the average portfolio size

Way better.

>from January 1st 12:15AM to January 4th 12:15AM
>Amount of people with negative profit: 50%.
So basically the median IQ of your service is probably somewhere south of 90.

When can we expect a better performance of the app? I don’t want to switch to delta

With Delta and those who don't track with an app, I would say that >15mil is a good estimate and >20mil is an almost certainty.

Can you proof your identity? Because anyone can make up some stats and make claims. Also why would you come to biz instead of normieddit.

if you want a service that you update more than once an hour, use something like cointracking you autist. put the phone down.

Never. These assholes are incompetent pieces of shit with no foresight

Hi OP, this is an angel

you will get cancer and your boyfriend aids, for tracking stats

Also, are you planning on releasing a WEB version? So we can sync our data? Thanks!

Why would you expose your real name on anonymous anime forum? Kys larping cuck

I can't even enter my trades in this shitapp because it's always shitting the bed. I don't refresh every minute. Maybe once a few hours. But this app can't run even for that.

>Read the FAQ.

Good one.

hi OP if youre real I love your app very much

I wish it wasnt so slow to update
also I wish it could live update instead of having to manually refresh

Will you guys add ALQO soon?

can't u read fuckard he said they're doing changes to the servers

i switched to delta because you do not have sophiatx coin there

and honestly liking it more
just wanted to let you know i have no question

Very soon. You will be able to link trades directly with wallets.

THEY'RE ALWAYS DOING CHANGES TO THE SERVERS.
THEY'RE PIECES OF SHIT.

Implement the ability to account for transaction fees from exchange to exchanges, it's the only reason I don't use your shit because it's never accurate, and if I do a "sell" for zero dollars to make the numbers correct, it always assumes a loss.
If you don't, you're LARPing and suck my cock

your app still thinks TRX is at 11 cents, it's 20 on binance.

why??

anything like linking with trades on exchanges? exportable files?

change your shitty ass app logo/thumbnail

make it something colorful and artistic, not this boring white B on a black background. Makes my app drawer look like shit.

Sick. I'm so ready to drop this phone bag.

You can expect 100% accurate trades in our next update. We already signed deals with 6 major exchanges.

who would you sell this information to?

also is it really necessary to also include our whereabouts in this data?

I'm sure a lot of clients would be pissed if they knew. There was a thread on here quite a few months back about it, but it seems to have been memory hole'd

buy from blockfolio and sell on binance. before they close the loop. ARBITRAGE MOTHERFUCKER MAKING GZ

D E L T A
E
L
T
A

>GOVT FIND YOURS TRADES
>BOOM LAWSUIT

no thanks FBI

can you add a buy/sell graph?
like pic related

I can't expose too much details.
We mainly sell information about trades and what type of users we have.
You can read about everything you allow us to collect in our ToS.

did IRS contacted you? which gov agency you cooperate with the most?

Any possibility of Binance API support?

Maybe! :^)

same, blockfolio has stolen so many coins from me

>Yes.
To who?

kek
agreed.
kys

Is there any hope for something like Profiles? I hold coins for two people, but like to keep them separate. That's kind of hard when holding the same coin for both people, so I have to use a second app for theirs.

If you're real, thank you for the answers.

Add a star on the favorite crypto would be great

Adam quit dicking around and get to work

fix your shitty app or youre gonna get JUSTED

I just tried Delta and it's too much hassle. I'm not entering every little detail of every little transaction. I just need to update amounts when I trade. Delta makes you punch in every little fucking thing every time.

You can easily figure it out.
I can tell you that it's mainly exchanges and developers of currencies/networks that buy our data.

please add a way to track tokens trading against multiple base coins (eth, BTC) as one entity. It's a royal pita to buy against BTC and sell against ETH and track this as two list entries.

Please add a data export as csv.

Love your app apart from that!

Anyone wanting to understand the market better to beat it, like bot makers? I don't know, but with the amount of "fantasy" portfolio people have, I wouldn't buy that data. I've dropped Blockfolio because of these privacy issues. I'm aware that a lot of apps do similar things, but it's still unethical to not be more transparent about it.

Where are the most users from? How many users do you have in say Finland?

Can you fix the app its broken now wat r u smoking a blunt on the job?

Every app that you don't pay money for is farming your data, kid. It's free for a reason. Welcome to the internet.

thanks for the reply, the app is great btw.

any chance of a blockfolio shitcoin in the future? I could dump some gains into that

Our data is verified and filtered out by "fake" portfolios. There's a lot more to it than just the user inputing data, it has to mirror what information the exchange recieved.

What % of portfolios are above $100K? I want to know if I'm part of the 1% or not.

Also, ICO for BlockfolioCoin when???

>any chance of a blockfolio shitcoin in the future? I could dump some gains into that
lol. For real, though, you guys could probably cash in big time. How many lambos do you think those guys bought from issuing BNB?

Can you add a "pin/sticky" feature? I like to keep my coins in a particular order and occasionally I accidentally hit coin, price or holding and it gets fucked up.

And maybe add total market cap of each coin you track in your portfolio. Good work so far.

seems like anyone can pull these answers out of their ass. what's the proof you're not an user looking for attention?

Maybe, I can't tell you too much right now.
However, we are working on an ex****ge that is going to launch soon.

Please add ETH as a currency for total holdings.

you hold the coin and move it.

than make the app faster, it's shit

>Please add DOGE as a currency for total holdings.
ftfy

But how do you know the difference between a fake and real exchange?

If I bought something on ED months ago but my numbers were a bit off, how would you know?

how do the profit/loss numbers breakdown for ios/android