He says spells are unbalanced

>he says spells are unbalanced
>he ignores all the verbal, somatic, and material components and lets his players get away with free spells
>thinks a material pouch is either very cheap/readily available on demand or doesn't put a limit on it's use
>doesn't try to disarm casters that use a focus

I swear, if you drooling retards didn't make/have such shit-tier DMs, casters would be not only balanced, but more fun. Try using your withered, sub-African IQ brains instead of whining on Veeky Forums about how you're too much of a mong to properly use casters in a campaign.

Attached: smug anime girl.png (300x300, 65K)

>he ignores the options that allow casters to not use material pouches and not need to hold components and foci in their hands, just have them on person

>he ignores all the verbal, somatic, and material components and lets his players get away with free spells
Because these things are trivial. Sure, it mentions what you need to cast the spell. But unless you're literally structuring combat around hampering your wizards ability to grab things, use their hands, or talk it's irrelevant. And if you are, then I got news for you buddy. You're building your encounter in order to limit a certain playstyle, implying that is inherently unbalanced

>thinks a material pouch is either very cheap/readily available on demand or doesn't put a limit on it's use
Because they are. They are 5 gold (negligible) or 25 gold (still fairly negligible) and contain what you need. By turning these into limited use items, you are literally changing the game's rule in order to hinder a playstyle. Which suggests that it's an imbalanced playstyle.
>doesn't try to disarm casters that use a focus
The focus is only used for about 6 seconds. Try again.

If you enforce material components, sessions frequently devolve into scavenger hunts for bat shit and bits of iron, which is almost as unfun as just letting the wizard dominate everything anyway.

Attached: 1297515068864.jpg (251x242, 12K)

>he plays D&D

Attached: 1519630019960.jpg (831x445, 79K)

Honestly this. There is nothing to accomplish by starting up another fucking martial v. caster thread. Everything to be said has already been said a thousand times and this thread is no different from its countless predecessors.

> unless you're literally structuring combat around hampering your wizards ability to grab things, use their hands, or talk

So if a wizard is bound and gagged he should be still able to cast, right? Retard.

> They are 5 gold (negligible) or 25 gold (still fairly negligible) and contain what you need. By turning these into limited use items, you are literally changing the game's rule in order to hinder a playstyle.
Infinite components are not only broken, but suggesting that it's breaking the rules to make them unlimited use and also saying I'm suggesting they're imbalanced if I do so just makes you sound like an asshurt caster with Special Snowflake syndrome.

Or you could spend some of that adventuring gold on hiring a street shitter to scrape the shit out of caves and pick up nails for you, especially since a lot of campaigns are races against time and you can't afford to be sidetracked or split from the party too long. Just don't be a retard.

>Honestly this. There is nothing to accomplish by starting up another fucking martial v. caster thread. Everything to be said has already been said a thousand times and this thread is no different from its countless predecessors.

But how else is OP supposed to get replies? By making a creative thread to show off something unique and interesting that he made himself?

I bet you don't even allow guns in your harem.

Attached: elf check DC 20.jpg (1436x872, 202K)

This. An entire fucking generation of players ruined by a complete shitfest, so much so that the only cure now is to limit their infectious grasp and let the poor, pitiful souls die out.

You and yours should just do the rest of us a favor and just go quietly into the night. Also, your idea of balance is shit.

>But how else is OP supposed to get replies?
>By making a creative thread to show off something unique and interesting that he made himself?
Yeah, why make a fun thread when you can bait people into oblivion?

Attached: 1521448386557.jpg (600x600, 18K)

This would work IF
>There weren't a truckload of spells that don't require verbal, somatic and/or material components
>There weren't feats that alleviate the need for verbal, somatic and/or material components
>There was at least one mundane class that specifically targeted verbal, somatic and/or verbal components (think of a not-shit rogue that can use throat punches to silence, break fingers to counter somatic components and can pickpocket spell component pouches)
>Disarming wasn't an underpowered waste of a feat outside of this one highly specific scenario
Also
>Implying monsters that use magic walk around with spell component pouches

I played Fantasy Age and my DM destroyed my Arcane Device, which is needed for mages to cast spells. He didn't know what he was doing when he did this, and it takes a while to make a new one (a few hours of work or w.e), but he immediately threw us into a combat. So I got to spend the whole stupid fight running around trying to do other stuff.

It would have been ok if this was something he did deliberately but he literally was retarded and had it get destroyed in a fucking stupid way because he didn't know it was significant in any way, so it's not what op is talking about. But still, it wasn't that fun. Then again, in fantasy age Mages are underpowered... so it was just misery.

>le ebin enforce material components meme

You know, reading a book sometimes would do wonders.

Stupid amateur, fetish or creative bait threads regularly get to bump limit, only plebs use system wars

OP you posted this on the 6th of march OP, same image and all. Though you did change the greentext.

Attached: Capture.png (1304x578, 225K)

If you make them related to gender somehow, you'll not only get to bump limit, you'll surpass it.

Low effort, really

>suggesting that it's breaking the rules to make them unlimited use
It is explicitly not in the rules that component pouches have finite uses. You are making up new rules to affect casters. Nobody said it was broken, it's a welcome change, but changing this means you are BALANCING the games with house rules. You can't make mechanical tweaks and then pretend RAW is balanced you blithering retard.

Since this is already a bait thread, does anyone have source on that image?