Legends of the Five Rings General

>Visions from the Void out April 5th
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/13/visions-from-the-void/

>Previews
fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/3/19/drawn-to-the-flame/

>Interest in the LCG
At an all time low.

>Want to learn what Legends of the Five Rings is and have a hot girl tell you?
youtube.com/watch?v=i9Mpjaobv4o

>Want to learn how to play Legends of the Five Rings?
youtube.com/watch?v=wTtjYzq4T54

>Deckbuilding Resources:
fiveringsdb.com/
cardgamedb.com/index.php/legendofthe5rings/legend-of-the-five-rings-submitted-decks/_/legend-of-the-five-rings-decks/

>Thread question
Why is Legends of the Five Rings so dead on Veeky Forums?

Attached: l5c01_step_04.jpg (1920x1200, 659K)

We're back boys!!!

Attached: download.jpg (210x240, 11K)

You wish, Daddy

Attached: Fighter-FI-1024x575.png (1024x575, 762K)

>Why is L5R so dead on Veeky Forums?
That's because it requires a certain mood. But it does need a General, and only for the 4th Ed RPG. 5E is garbage.

No, we here now.

Attached: 8skJMix.png (1338x535, 162K)

Let's discuss how lances in 4E cost 20 koku and are basically one-use weapons.

Also how to fix polearms in general.

>Why is Legends of the Five Rings so dead on Veeky Forums?

Very little new things to discuss since both the 1st cycle of the LCG releases and the RPG beta ended.

>1st cycle
When's 2nd cycle coming out desu

>Be Scorp Courtier
>Summoned by Daimyo to go to Yogo lands to settle some affairs before old age takes either of them
>Take servant with me, have him carry everything
>Just can't leave home without the essentials: A tea set for five, food for a week, a brazier to keep me warm, my Shamisen, you get the idea
>Meet up with five others, along a crossroads:
- A very curious Kitsuki Investigator
- Her big, brutish Matsu husband
- A Mirumoto bushi who's more outrageously heartless than we Scorpion are
- An Agasha Shugenja of no importance
- His Tamori cousin who is so socially-awkward, he would die in court.

>Follow a patchy old road towards the estate, met by the old house steward
>Treated to simple hospitality, can't go against that
>Supplement it with tea and music, playing a song about a clear evening
>Are summoned by Yogo-dono to a hall for dinner; A simple meal of fish, rice, and sake
>Gives a warning of curses and angry spirits before disappearing under a flickering of candlelight
>Applaud, because it was quite amusing, yet my traveling companions believe otherwise
>Some people just can't appreciate a good show with dinner
>Kitsuki-san goes back to her room, actually detouring to a place she's not allowed to
>The others go their separate ways, I go to get my lamp and my servant to carry it
>She's found, wandering the dark halls, carrying a book. Politely take it from her and start reading it
>It contains blackmail on every clan, with some dubious rumours here and there for extra flavour
>Pocket the book. Kitsuki-san applauds of my knowledge of keeping evidence.
>I want it because it's still usable.
>Kitsuki-san has a theory that Yogo-dono is a ghost haunting the castle
>I humour her for the evening, travelling with her to the patriarch's bedroom
>Consider teasing a seduce out of her, but her husband's in the way

>Find a dead body - It's the house steward's. Matsu-san reaches for the mask to check if it's really him
>Against my better judgement, slap Matsu-san's hand with the book, detailing that it is disrespectful to touch a) the dead, and b) A Scorpion's mask.
>Surprisingly, he complies. My servant goes to bury the body in my stead.
>The other Dragons and the Agasha appear from the closet door (leading to a strange corridor that loops back to the dining hall
>Say that they had found material on what Yogo-dono is planning
>Show them information on the Dragon Clan, nothing more. What they don't know won't hurt them.
>Piece all of the information, believing that he's off to the Dragon lands, to steal some valuable artifacts, or to stop someone else from using them
>Shrug. I get paid by the season, not the mission
>But, I make a suggestion: Stay at least an evening at Kyuden Bayushi for some good food and more comfortable rest
>Surprisingly, they all agree.
>Personally think that they've played themselves

My guess is that the first pack of the 2nd cycle will be May.

The LCG seriously lost momentum due to them compressing the first cycle down from 6 months (Nov to April) down to 6 weeks (2nd week of Nov to 3 week of Dec). Created a roughly 3 month period of dead game.

My thoughts are that they should have extended the RPG beta for about 12 more weeks to maintain interest.

That's so dumb. Why?

Simple Answer? They needed to quickly change the environment.

Complex Answer? They overbalanced for the single core August Gencon release environment leading to the November triple core environment being mostly "solved" and monobuild. A 1 pack a month trickle wasn't going to change the environment fast enough to hold interest so they compressed the 1st cycle's release down to 1 pack a week to change things fast enough.

Damn, they really boxed themselves in.

That doesn't explain the fuckening the Unicorn have gotten.

They were considered OP right before everything went to print so they got nerfed into the fucking ground. And because everything went to print, it's going to take a long time to fix it.

The Unicorn's problems are a result of the overbalancing for single core at Gencon. As explained they got heavily nerfed just before everything was finalized. The Unicorn are likely to need another cycle if not their Clan Pack to get up to speed.

Christ, what the fuck?

Unicorn is really fun to play with if your deck can manage to take advantage of their gimmick. Having total control over who is and isn't in battle is really frustrating to an opponent that has to rely on honor to win.

I'd be nice if their gimmick would work during political conflicts. Most of their movement jank only works in military conflicts, and they seem to have no desire to change that, see the spoiled Unicorn dude from the Phoenix pack.

I played the ccg years ago, what's with this wierd reset? Did the story just get out of control? Are the game mechanics actually improved?

Fantasy Flight bought it I think

The story had long since gone out of control, but AEG would have plowed forward regardless.
FFG bought it and brought it back to pre-scorpion coup (which might not even happen this time around since they're changing some things)

Man I don't envy the job of the balance team for this game, it must be hard as fuck to juggle all these clans and keep their playstyles intact with how complex the mechanics are.

>be lion vs dragon
>close game, he's broken 3 provinces, I've broken 2 but he has 3 big guys with fate on them and I have LPB, General, Uajiki, Tactician and Toturi out with 0 fate on them and no For Greater Glory.

>Void Military. his big guys won't die anyway but it might help if I can somehow hold on.

>LPB has Pillow Book, look at top card, it's a Court Games

>Win Conflict easily because beefy lion, Tactician draws Court Games. Flip top card from Pillow Book and pull For Greater Glory. I've never seen a more beautiful card

>Next turn have priority, swing for somerthing like 60 military at his house

Sounds hype as fuck dude, I need to catch up on what all the new cards are.

5E Question:
Have they fixed the insane-o school techniques yet? Or can my Kakita still "Nothing Personnel Kid" someone at Max Visual Range in one turn?