/bbg/ - Blood Bowl General

Chaos Star Edition

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League Season VII has made it to Round 2, while Monkey League I is in the finals. The other leagues are either dead or irrelevant at the moment.

Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition has been announced with an expected release for next Australian summer.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules that are being replaced on FUMBBL, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition (which FUMBBL is adjusting to):
mega.nz/#!5oZ1wRQZ!C4ksVQ_bEKIeA07EBKN0Q2LWOAsrgpHEiG_BND0nO2s
And the Deathzone Season 1 Supplement:
mega.nz/#!ktBllQAa!mHZskvUvvDISY2YE11O9Sedths12M4d2wuGXV2R8YD4

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums Monkey League group:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10667

Discord Server: discord.gg/3mpKZx2
FUMBBL IRC servers are dead. Go to the Discord instead.

previous Thread

Attached: 10830464_1559785824251080_8514591495995876316_o.jpg (1280x720, 130K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=746
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was teaching a friend BB and in his first game it was humans and I was Chaos. We both had 1k. I described teams as jack of all trades and chaos as bashers.

We ended up drawing but he beat the tar out of my team. He then asked "Aren't you meant to be the killer team?". Which made me think

Are starter Chaos considered a proper bash team?

Chaos is a shitty beginning team but easily one of the best once they get skills.

Going against Bret's in a league, I'm humans. He's the best player in the league, and so far I'm the only one to beat him due to huge luck knocking out knights. I know he wants vengeance. I have a fairly dodgy human team around 1350 tv with two blodging blitzers and an ago blitzers. And guard and break tackle on my ogre. I have 1 catcher, one thrower. 11 players total.
Any advice?
Should I take a wiz or extra lineman for fouling?

What's the luckiest play you've seen?
>Game of humans against dark elves
>Run my human Blitzer between two dark elves around the ball, pick it up and run it in for a TD on turn 8
5 up (used a re-roll), two 4 ups, and two GFI

>reposting the thread header from 3 seasons ago

How msny inducements you got? I would suggest extra loner lineman in case something goes wrong. Wizard if you think you can swipe the ball.

Any thoughts on what to do with the rest of my Orc team models? I've painted 3 lineman, 1 thrower, 2 blitzers, and 2 blockers in the same scheme, and am waiting for 2 more blitzers and 2 more blockers to complete the group. i think that the one extra lineman i painted is good enough, but that leaves 4 unpainted models (and then 8 more when I get a second box of orcs). what do?

>Dwarves, Chaos, and Elven Union boxes are optimal starting rosters
>Humans, Orcs, and Skaven all require at least one additional box and player purchase
>Goblins require three
What the fuck GW?

>no blood bowl news for 3 months
>/bbg/ carries on as normal
>new plastic team announcement
>general dead for nearly a full week
what's the fucking issue?

A minotaur dodging through 4 tackle zones and one GFI to blitz my ball carrier
Without break tackle

No. Starter dwarfs is a bash team.
Chaos is a bash team at 1400+ TV

People busy or the trend is just down at the moment.

Gobbos did have an all in one for a little while but was expensive as hell.

Paint them up I think.

WHO DOOMLORDS HERE?!

Attached: 123456432454.jpg (1920x1080, 417K)

They all realized the grogs here only play Fumbbl and thus their BB2 purchase is useless, so they left.

I still play BB2. We can play sometime if you want.

>mfw my "blockers" get cas'd by enemy linemen

Attached: EzZtJH3.gif (620x357, 406K)

I play esclusively BB2. FUMBBL is for grognard brainlets

BB2 legendary edition is on sale.
Never a better time to take your shitty league/tourney from fumbbl.

You know you can play BB2 and FUMBBL right?

The only thing I hate about BB2 is Wizards are still a thing.

Wizards aren't all bad with a bit of caution.

I just hate them for being a get out of jail free card

When you play against anyone competent, they are extremely frustrating

wizards are fucking stupid on certain teams. elf / skaven teams with wizards basically means on a 2+ they steal the ball from you. wizard against a dwarf, orc, or khemri team basically means you stall them for 2 turns minimum on a 2+. if lightning bolt didn't exist and it was just fireball then i'd say it's balanced.

>Be Undead, turn 16, need to tie up the game
>Skeleton has the ball, but can't make it to the endzone
>Only one close enough and free enough is a mummy
>Fuck it.
>Successful pass
>Successful catch
>Mummy makes 2 GFIs and scores
>Elves got real mad

I've seen a lot but I think one of my best was

>gobbos vs humans
>ball carrier tied up against sideline
>surrounded except a handful of gaps
>end zone full 8 squares away
>no choice but to try
>dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge, dodge
>two GFI
>score for the equalizer

Even happened on the tabletop. Bloody love stunty when it works.

I think around 200+ in inducements
Wish I could afford griff

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Someone actually bothered to create a ruleset with all the BB2016 teams, Cyanide, and experimental teams all together!

fumbbl.com/p/ruleset?id=746

Now we just need a group running the ruleset.

Attached: naf_approved.png (168x200, 132K)

dead

No

Maybe get apothecary and reroll then to survive. Could work wonders.

I just started playing on fumbbl the other day does anyone have a solution to the fumble window being too big and the chat bar being inaccessible behind your taskbar? I can play the game fine but I just want to be able to talk back to people mid game.

Attached: bb1.png (1360x768, 127K)

If you're playing on a netbook unfortunately that can't really be addressed. As far as I know the JAVA window can't have its definition changed. Try asking on the FUMBBL discord to see if they may know a solution but as far as I know that's the case. Also you aren't missing much as a lot of chat on FUMBBL is just whining.

I am facing Undead tonight in tabletop. I am bringing my Chaos and its two 1k teams. How good is the 4 Warrior build against undead?

yeah but I wanna tell the whiners I do feel bad they rolled 4 skulls in a row at a critical moment

Fair enough but don't think there is a way to change the java window definition unfortunately.

What do /bbg/?

Attached: 1521852382067.jpg (1024x694, 152K)

Bump

New to Blood Bowl. HOLY FUCKING SHIT what a great patrician game. So fed up of 40k and Age of shitmar.

I bought an Ogre to convert into a Fantasy OK hero and the guy at the store bullshited me saying the size was the same. Fuck him but thanks to that I read into BB and holy shit.

I want a Mongrel Horde team, with the three big guys and other players as diverse as I can. Is that viable?.

Attached: 99020999019_MongrelHorde01.jpg (920x950, 119K)

Three big guy Pact/Renegades is doable but difficult. Most teams starting out choose two of the three and even often end up firing one as the team develops.

It comes down to the fact that big guys serve one of two roles - roadblocks, or player removal. The latter is a role that Chaos Renegades are FANTASTIC at building for efficiently because of the skill access on Marauders (General, Strength, Passing, Mutation). You can easily build a player who blitzes at strength 4, makes all armor rolls an 8+, and can add +1 to either the armor roll or the following injury roll, without needing a double skill roll, which basically means any of your players can be built this way, and the built-in strength of a piece like an Ogre or Minotaur becomes redundant.

The roadblock role is a viable one still, but only for the Troll or Ogre. Minotaurs cannot easily be moved around like those two. A Renegade roadblock would bring skills like Tentacles, Stand Firm, Guard, and Grab, leveraged with their S5, AV9, and in the case of the Troll Regen as well, to be a very difficult piece to remove or ignore. But you probably really only need 1, as that is a very expensive piece and you will end up giving your opponent a lot of inducements with 2 of them.

Now admittedly we're mostly talking mathbowl here, min/max optimization. You can go outside these boundaries and still play well and have fun. I'd still recommend against starting with all 3 big guys, though. I personally favor Ogre/Minotaur, Minotaur can serve as your damage dealer while your Marauders get skilled up, and the Ogre is a good roadblock and a better Throw Team-mate option for the Goblin than the Troll is.

Welcome aboard!

Renegades are among the most frustrating teams to start with, but they have lots and lots of room for development.
Pretty fun if you don't get fucked too much early in the league.

Any other better team? I like the idea of smashfucking other players and have a fast catcher or two behind enemy lines to score the touchdowns. But I do empasize the idea of going after the other players, not the ball.

skaven are like that if you can get claw on your stormvermin. gutter runners are the fastest players in the game, and stormvermin with claw/mightyblow break armor easily.

lizardmen kind of fit the bill, they have 6 st4 saurus and a kroxigor to beat people up, and a bunch of move 8 stunty skinks to daisy chain the ball with.

elf teams obviously are agile but lack strength access on normals, so you need to rely on doubles to get mighty blow.

Honestly it sounds like you want humans more than anything. They got catchers, albeit mediocre ones, can bash and also get an Ogre who can smash faces with.

Jack of all trades though. For a challenging but a bash heavy team, you can go Chaos. For a safe bash team, Dwarfs.

Bump

Rolled 2 (1d6)

Gfi

Rolled 4, 1 = 5 (2d6)

kickoff event

High Kick!

Bb2 is a good purchase but I prefer BB1 LE myself

I'm gonna move my death roller to catch it :3

Bullied Halflings, best Halflings

Attached: ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif (241x83, 38K)

Bump

Hey guys, I caused my first ragequit today playing against a 300+ value Skaven team

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 11.41.01 AM.png (667x697, 437K)

Poor guy. What team were you using?

A shitty Orc team that had just been crushed by Halflings, I'm talking like, an injured Black Orc and a few players MNG

How the hell did that happen? Did the halfling hire Deeproot or what?

I think it was Deeproot, yeah. All I know is he had a Treeman basically demolish my players, and the Halflings got some veeery lucky blocks. I had never been down so many players as Orcs, I think I had 6 left on the field by the time I just conceded.

Who is hebefeelya, what timezone is he in, is he in the discord and if not why isn't he in the discord

don't listen to their lies, three big guy pact is awesome

>conceded

WHAT?! WHY?!

Also Deeproot is the star treeman. Guy is huge and lots of spikes.

Pop into the discord and check but if its the FUMBBL league, chances are he is there.

I asked in the discord, they don't think he's there

Try to send him a PM over FUMBBL then, that's the best solution. Worst case we'll at least move on ahead without him if he is gone.

Are horns and tentacles a good option for a Chaos Pact Ogre? Asking for modelling purposes

tentacles are good on big guys. horns less so, they're already strong and don't really need the +1 str. a better second mutation would be something like claw for the -armor

Tentacles is sick for holding people in place. But instead of horns, claw turns him not only into a sticky monster to run from but also a meat grinder. Could go horns after though, one assist means 3 dice blitzes.

Halfling killing an Ogre. Best thing I’ve ever seen.

>What's the luckiest play you've seen?

I pulled a 1 turn touchdown out of my ass with a vanilla centaur, rolling for about 7 3+ and 4+ dodges and a pickup along the way, straight after a kickoff. Turned the whole flow of the game back in my favour, since me and my opponent needed to laugh at it for a while and I was able to equalize.

Mutations are doubles for Chaos Pact Ogres, I wouldn't plan for 3 double rolls and if I were, I'd take Block over Tentacles. Double rolls progression would like be Block > Claw > Tentacles > Tackle and at that point you probably don't even need double rolls anymore and I'd probably even avoid taking Tackle if I didn't already have important S skills like Guard and Stand Firm.

Bump

>when you reduce the opponent to 6 players on the field and still lose
I am very bad at this game

So, there's a BB league starting up at my LGS and I've decided to give it a try and use that copy I've been holding onto since the game released. Which would be the better noob team; orcs or humans? I don't expect to win, but I do wanna have a bit of fun.

Orcs are way more forgiving than Humans. People will say that Humans are a good starter team because they're a jack-of-all-trades, but it's for that very reason they're not good to learn the game with. Pick someone with a dedicated style (orcs) and go with it.

>fun
Orcs. Grab 4 Black Orcs and 4 Blitzers. Kill everything that stands in your way. Get Blodge on all of them. Murderize the meat.

If you were fighting elves thats expected.

Not him but I think humans are fantastic to learn the game with.

Blitzers for blitzing
Linemen for fodder
Thrower for ball handling
Ogre for bashing

They definately are not as forgiving as orcs but are perfectly structured to teach the fundamentals of the game.

Bump