rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
How do you feel about megadungeons?

Attached: RandomGeomorphDungeon.jpg (1159x649, 396K)

Depends on the level of the party involved. Definitely wouldn't want to be a level 1-5 stuck in a megadungeon without a chance to Long Rest and fuck all supplies.

How do you feel about a character's motivation being to prove themselves to someone? Like a father or something?

Attached: swordgirl.jpg (397x609, 113K)

>How do you feel about megadungeons?

I like the concept and would like to participate in one if the idea ever comes up in one of my groups.

The TRUE KING SHALL RETURN
Last linkable OP.

Fuck animefags, fuck pathfinderfag and fuck the mods for allowing it.

>They're okay, depends on the group.

Attached: idleanim.gif (250x188, 1.85M)

Mega Dungeons are fun!

I want to make an encounter where a bunch of kuo toa on a mission from their dumb god meet the party and they possibly decide to team up. What kind of things could I have them questing for? I'm maybe thinking of stealing some shit from drow or something, any thoughts?

Megadungeons are pretty boring unless there are obstacle/features in the rooms to make combat interesting/avoidable and there are several factions that control different parts of the map.

What happened to the thread?

Like, from a mechanics perspective?
Tedious and boring

From a lore/worldbuilding perspective?
I really like it, I was going to make something like this, with a Made in Abyss effect of trying to leave tearing your soul from your body, and a Phantom Hourglass effect of the dungeon just draining your soul away even if you don't try and leave, albeit at a much slower rate.

They're loads of fun when done properly, but there's usually not much variation within the dungeons themselves so they can get boring or repetitive fast.

personally, I love to explore every piece of a dungeon, so I don't like them that much, for a one session game is cool

Now, what feat could be most useful to a rogue in CoS?

>9 threads in one day
maybe we should just accept anime

Attached: 1490911024949.jpg (480x480, 36K)

Does anyone have any nice mega dungeon maps? I'm in a situation where having a mega dungeon would be handy.

One of these days I am going to run Dead in Thay, and it will be glorious. It isn't a full Megadungeon, but it is goddamn close.

It can be interesting but it can also fall on it's face. It all depends on the circumstances leading to the "I need to prove myself!" and how they go about doing that.

I prefer megadungeons, I think they're the best.
>mfw 6 to 8 hours of nonstop dungeon crawling
>mfw 80-90% of its contents are undead

Attached: Feels Goodly.png (1162x850, 1.22M)

No. Stand your ground, accepting retards and stupid shit is why everything's going to shit.

>ywn be so triggered by anime that you spam 10 threads in one day
Feels good mahn.

I had a character like that who I enjoyed playing. She gave me plenty of rp opportunities and ended the campaign more fleshed out than anyone else's characters. On the down side, I had to deal with a lot of ribbing about "Daddy issues", which wasn't all that fun.

Mods accidentally deleted the real thread along with three or four bait ones.

Is Barrowmaze 5e a good conversion?

I don't negotiate with terrorists.

There comes a point where you have to admit defeat though, otherwise you'll just end up hurting your own case in the long run while the other side just has to continue egging you on to see you crack.

Never kneel before paizoshad.

In the thread is fine but as an OP is not.

>Ah /5eg/, the eternal general.
>I have seen the end of days and years from now men will say,
>"Here began the fall of /5eg/."
>The power of the OP was taken from the reasonable and given to the Baitfags.
>Those who posted in the bait threads grew sick with every kind of wickedness.
>They were filled with lust, deceit, and samefagging. They trolled and posted cat girls.
>They betrayed their martials and dipped into Hexblade.
>They did all this and called it Optimal.
>"And I saw in his hand a book, sealed with ten chapters, the first of which was Step-by-Step Characters...
>And behold a Twitch Channel; and he that hosted it had a Resurrection Rule; and he went forth to conquer..."
>The thread was filled with Namefags and Homebrews.

The captcha has cars hiding in the trees! They came from the trees!

Attached: Ulpiano_Checa_La_invasión_de_los_bárbaros.jpg (800x458, 77K)

Sounds fine to me. Opens up questions like who are they trying to impress? Why do they want to impress them so much? What do they think would need to be accomplished to impress them? How are they going to go about doing those things?

Of course, as with anything, if it's done poorly then it's bad, but that's how most things work.

Attached: boccob on the cob.jpg (634x423, 79K)

The real fall of /5eg/ will be Mearls.

Heed, heed!

What makes Moria interesting in addition to the lore is that it actually somewhat inaccessible due to all kinds of treasonous Maiar & orcs milling about the place. It's absolutely wondrous in its construction and it's a very 3-dimensional space.

To make a megadungeon interesting you should introduce a ton of of non-linear paths that branch from wider paths that allow the party to see startling vistas of explorable environments, dangerous enemies that will make life difficult for the party and obstacles that will force players to come back or think outside the box.

Attached: mines_of_moria___lord_of_the_rings_tcg_by_jcbarquet-d859fti.jpg (1000x631, 597K)

>Implying PaizoFag isn't Mearls
Come on now who do you think wants to ruin the image of the game so much that he will have absolute free reign to add Lore Wizard into an official book.

Attached: 1520722230800.png (613x736, 452K)

Oh, so that's why 5e has such a shitty release schedule. Mearls spends all of his work hours shitposting.

What line could work...
>And behold the Unearthed Arcana; and he that wrote it has the Lore Wizard; and he went forth to conquer..."

Attached: AttilatheHunonhorsebackbyGeorgeSStuart.jpg (334x501, 37K)

I've never even been in a real dungeon for more than half a session, let alone a megadungeon.
;_;

Nice quads & yes. Why do you think we didn't get a UA this month but rampant shitposting instead.

Favorite megadungeon?

The valley of the thanes is accessible through an undermountain network of Dwarven construction as it is virtually inaccessible through the mountains. Once there, you will find a great citadel perched upon a mote of earth that gently floats above the valley.

Attached: THORADIN1600x1200.jpg (1600x1138, 243K)

Dungeon Animelius.

It's filled with the souls of weebs and cursed video games abandoned to the edges of YouTube let's plays.

I love the idea of them as a DM, and have always wanted to adventure in one as a player.

The problem is my players think they are all storyfags, but are actually just big babies that cry if their OC gets so much as a scratch, much less get's KO'd. Any time death is looming, it's, "Oh, user just wants to kill us so we can do a different story/system/adventure."

They're a cool idea, and basically what the original system was designed for.

That said, I think it'd be the most interesting to play in a 'colonized' megadungeon, with an internalized economy. You never have to leave the dungeon, because there's an inn in the dungeon. Settled adventurers have begun trading with the goblin enclave two floors down after securing a safe stairway to them. Crazy Muorg's Discount Magic Items off in a dark corner where the orcs found so many +1 swords that they can't use them all.

That kind of thing.

what feats could be the most useful to a rogue in CoS?
we just defeated the hag coven in the windmill

Attached: 1504659117996.jpg (1440x1920, 683K)

They're fun. I love when entire adventures can take place in massive dungeons.

You should start trying to actively kill them but force them to play the same adventure until they either beat it or beg you to play something else.

Alert?

Ritual Caster (if no one has rituals yet)
Mobile (if you want to fight)
Sharpshooter (if ranged)

But really, what kind of rogue are you running right now? Details.

Resilience - Wisdom

After some 15 months of play the campaign will be over next Thursday, played all the way from 1 to 20, shit's getting hype. Still gotta write epilogues for the players and their allies and fine tune the final fight though.
Players have been excited for the next campaign for a while too, I hope to see some improvement on their part as this has been our first ever PnP campaign.
Most of the players stuck through with their original characters and we did some mistakes in this campaign that impeded some roleplay opportunities.
With the slate wiped clean I hope to see some actual characters this time, not just soulless combat platforms.

The weakest side loses, as has always been the case, throughout the ages. It's a battle of endurance, and you are showing weakness. Fight now, if you want not, but stand not in the way nor encourage your comrades to your way.

Attached: alexandr-komarov-swordnrock014.jpg (673x1000, 135K)

>Any time death is looming, it's, "Oh, user just wants to kill us so we can do a different story/system/adventure."
How do people like this get groups while I'm high and dry?

Mastermind rogue so I can give advantages to people, but mostly I just poke people with my rapier Icepick
party comp
A necromancer wizard
Swashbuckler bard
Vengeance paladin
Life cleric

Anyone know why when I try and use the Veeky Forums form fillable character sheet, as I put my stats in the block they default to like -6 or some other negative number?

Put multiple factions in a megadungeon that the PCs can ally with (give them all short history, goals & rewards specific to their faction)

The mods just saved the oldest thread. Technically speaking the real thread was a duplicate

Ignore pathfinderfag; he wants attention, and by giving it to him you're letting him win. Report his threads and his posts, but whatever you do don't respond to or engage him in any way. Eventually, he'll get board and leave

Now, those are some swords in a stone. Seriously, they are big.

I would like to use a mega dungeon but I am just awful at making maps and I can find any premade ones.

What kind of obstacles do you guys like putting on your maps to spice up combat encounters?

Exactly!

I'd want some proper context, even with the dungeon theme. Legend of Grimrock 1 would do, Arx Fatalis would be better, but regardless I'd want to know why my character was doing the whatever.

Never had a chance to play one, though. The closest I got was a short section in the middle of a pre-existing campaign run by a truly dreadful GM which was all dungeon and no context. Turns out just combat on its own with nothing at stake is pretty dull.

Post disc or contact info, looking to assemble a new campaign.

Looks like a fantasy version of that Norwegian monument.

What way are you doing this campaign?

Only if it resolves with the realization that happiness can never come from someone else's validation, only through one's own.

wasnt that the premise of The Gamers 2, Dorkness Rising?

I dont know I've never seen that movie.

I've never actually done one. I designed one when I was in high school, but never actually ran it.

So was Excalibur the sword in the stone or the sword in the lake?

>Ignore pathfinderfag; he wants attention, and by giving it to him you're letting him win.

The amazing thing is how consistently able he is to get a thread up first. He must truly have no life.

The lake
The sword in the stone was Caliburn.

Lake was Excalibur
Stone was Caliburn

Lake.

The sword in the stone was Caliburn.

t. fate/stay night

Disc, some site for combat probably. Do you have a preferred way? Roll20 is a bit of a hassle.

Sounds like they're only interested in their own characters. Are they at least interested in each others' characters?

Clearly they think "my character dies = the game is over", and for them they might be right. Doing would only make them unhappy.

Maybe you could ramp up the difficulty if you take the threat of death off the table. Win in a time limit or the orphanage burns. Win or be sent to the slave pits. Stop the bad guy from escaping. That sort of thing.

I want to run one, but we're too deep into my current campaign. Maybe we'll start a separate run as a off-week campaign.

What do the gods look like in your setting?

i might be interested too but what setting do you have in mind?

I went biblical with it and made them eldritch abominations.

Unknown. Anything related to the gods are told through emissaries, dreams, or visions.

What's class/subclass did you have the most fun playing out of all your characters?

They look very construct-esque in mine, like giant machines formed from geometric shapea.

Attached: Indiora.Doom.Volt.the.Cubic.Emperor.full.2070057.jpg (630x630, 784K)

Hopefully more Bayonetta than Lovecraft if you're planning on using them in a combat context.

Attached: 1430929066733.jpg (693x800, 233K)

Arcane Trickster is just about the most flexible subclass in the entire system, I think.

So agoraphobic warlock, pact of the chain, or pact of the tome? I figure an armored caravan wagon is necessary either way, but pact of the tome is probably more useful than the abysmal amount of touch spells you could get off with infinate range familliar. A warlock who is always taking a short rest, who always has unseen servant ritual cast for the campsite, who is always working on stuff to help the party and can fire summons and shi t out of the tiny armored sliding slats on his wagon if anything ever comes near him. I figure it completely stops being an issue once he hits Lvl 14 with eldritch patrons broken ability but maybe I should just make him deathly afraid of being visible to the sky to make him less useless?

Amalgamations of dream magic. Loads of lightning, and a lack of a clear form.

Attached: The_Last_Wish_Genie.jpg (380x683, 101K)

Sounds a bit like the djinn from Declare.

They were awesome.

Bayonetta had a wonderful aesthetic for the divine.

As with any internet slapfight, regardless of your position or how correct you are in your position, the end result will just make you and the person you're fighting look retarded, especially when the best course of action against paizofag is to apparently spam multiple generals just because you don't like the art style that the OP uses.
If you keep this up, you're going to end up getting /5eg/ either banned from the board entirely or convince the mods that there needs to be a /tgg/ set up in order to corral the spamming and shitposting related to generals as a whole.
You can't fight autism when their aim is to make you upset, the only thing you can do is ignore them and report them when their antics escalate to the point where even the mods notice what's going on.

>big swords
Can you weebs even TRY to contain your autism? It's really becoming obvious familia.

I really like Neon Genesis' Angel designs for gods

Attached: neon_genesis_evangelion__sachiel_the_3th_angel_by_sommomaestrodracorex-d8p1bxd.jpg (762x1049, 89K)

>the only thing you can do is ignore them and report them when their antics escalate to the point where even the mods notice what's going on.
aka: fighting

I am no weeb.

Attached: what my campaign is turning into.jpg (2100x1052, 484K)

I just tried to make them as biblical as possible. Shit like the flaming interlocked rings covered in eyes, the many-winged angels who have to hide themselves with their wings because their sight drives humans to madness, and the humanoids covered in mouths forever chanting the Word of God in every tongue to have ever been spoken on Earth and whose words never fade nor echo because His words are eternal. They're all terrifying and add a certain sense of immortal divinity and gravitas whenever anyone interacts with them.

No one was spamming anything besides Paizofag.
Paizofag made an op
We didn't like it, so we do what we always do and make our own.
He then proceeds to create three more generals.

You could say that I'm evolving :^)

Also CHRIS A SHIT & A SLUT.

Attached: 1517269896169.jpg (1546x993, 162K)

>He's still here
Yare yare daze

Attached: 579.png (1598x761, 1.57M)

He must have gotten his images from elsewhere on Veeky Forums, he doesn't use named files.

>autistic poster attempts to complain about other people

Big swords are great and you are sad.

>Implying I put that effort into you lot
Don't get cocky /5eg/

Attached: 1515866619652.gif (600x338, 916K)

And everything BUT the troll thread ended up getting deleted and your immediate response is to make ANOTHER thread in response.
Like, do you understand how much this hurts your case? At least wait until the old thread dies before attempting to make another thread.
>aka: fighting
No, all fighting does is make both sides look stupid, or rather, it makes your side look stupid because the guy antagonizing you has no real incentive to save face or pretend that he's anything more than a troll.
How is it that "don't feed the trolls" has been an internet slogan for over a decade, yet you people STILL believe that you can fight stupid with logic?