Warhammer 40k general /40kg/

The sins of the hobbyist edition

>Breaking News:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/22/breaking-news-major-revealsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Necron Preview
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/23/preview-the-nephrekh-dynasty-ctan-shards-and-doom-scythesgw-homepage-post-2/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/5zUMMWSfFQU [Open]

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
>not doing your own math until you memorize the effectiveness of every unit and every weapon against every other conceivable enemy statline

Last thread: Shylock, bedroom face 4-ton cybernetic deathbots, and the fucking tau. Interesting times we live in

Attached: F819F431-AD9E-4576-B700-68D82793BB1E.jpg (640x582, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/25/from-the-dark-city-they-come/
youtu.be/4lKOFcgyjsc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Claimed for da boyz

Attached: [Waaagh Intensifies].gif (480x270, 1.28M)

Third for the Kabals

Attached: kabal_of_the_black_heart_by_doitjames-d7jzzrt.jpg (530x530, 45K)

kabals and orks are shit, actual 1st for scionanons

Attached: 1521826403149 (1).png (419x476, 375K)

Fortifying this thread!

Attached: image.png (625x845, 916K)

News on other Armigers when?

Dark Eldar are so fast they even beat the next post.

Also, why does everything DE always have reavers? I've already got more than enough unless they massively improve them or massively reduce the cost, but both SCs (Will they keep the old one, or do I need to get another rapidly?) have them.

A gift from Allah
ht
tps://m.vk.co
m/doc86451882_461246460?hash
=9d967cd
4c5b784d86a&dl=3732a06cfb1ba4aed2

nth for laughing at this guy

Attached: 1383749378.png (168x200, 6K)

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/25/from-the-dark-city-they-come/

>confirmed for splitting the army fully into 3 separate armies
RIP mandrakes, incubi, and scourges.

Attached: erma not amused.png (166x216, 32K)

Precisely what I do. And what I do is play 1000 points games after 2 years of collecting because that’s all I got.

When’s the FAQ, btw?

Attached: 5799A620-11D8-4E3F-AEE0-7E8149F75D62.jpg (2294x1290, 780K)

Xth for Out of my way peasants

Attached: Knight_Errant_House_Terryn.jpg (884x1141, 332K)

Too real

>tfw still haven't even finished Assembling Dark Imperium but have been eyeing off scions for months

Attached: suffering.jpg (948x842, 210K)

>third post
>it's some namefag already

Attached: 32123564664.jpg (612x612, 113K)

Doesn’t sell as well as Scourges. Can’t put Incubi since they’re resin. Same with Beastemasters. Troops slot is already filled, so no need for Hellions.

I think I’ve just figured out the salvation of the fusionstar; ghostkeels. They cost almost the same, have effectively the same guns, hit on a 4+ rather than 2+, but in turn have higher T, nearly double the wounds, and most importantly a 4++ and -2 to hit with their drone buddies. So fusion man, while deadly, always dies. Buuuut if you take him and stick him- a character- as far away as possible, like at almost exactly the 18” mark away, and the keels just an inch closer, then your enemy has a huge problem. And if he’s as dumb as he looks then he spends the whole turn unloading, hitting on a 5+ or worse- god forbid he’s stupid enough to use plasma- until he wastes it all for naught, or maybe does kill one, only to still have to kill the other, which is nearly impossible; it’d take some 50 lascannons, 90 shots of charged plasma (double it to avoid that nasty spot of 45 mortal wounds on your own men), and whatever other math of whatever other shit you can think of.

Provided you stick near to some ruins (which is great unless you’re American...) to hide the drones from LOS you can weather unbelievable fire, and then turn around and heal D3 wounds next turn! Gunlines beware, the fusion-star comes for YOU!

Attached: 0FC17336-8230-4A18-A817-8D8D3F6B0324.jpg (457x400, 42K)

>not completing your collection now before GW eventually pulls a AoS on 40k and nukes the entire line

You have no one to blame but yourself

Attached: 1520115575795.jpg (816x404, 131K)

>half fish space marines in burkas riding on dung beetles painted gold
dont call it a grave its the future you chose

you posted it last thread, still no one cares about your blog

>scionanon
>namefag

pick one

It kinda falls apart if they have any melee. Also the raker is better outside of melta range.

Aren't those huskblades? And don't they turn you to dust?

They actually fit in here, because they're wych cult. They're fantastic models that just don't sell very well because they're extremely fast vanguard units in a very fast codex and they just don't have enough going for them.

That was the way I first read it, but I'm now wondering if there's something going on if you've got HQs from different parts.

>Thanks to a flexible new set of rules, your Drukhari armies will reflect their background better than ever before – a disparate raiding party drawn from several sources with multiple leaders vying for influence.

It'd be cool and fluffy if you've got different warlord traits switching in and out based on who is performing or something.

>remember back when the first 20 posts were used to inject discussion topics, status updates, or ideas and takes on ways to run an army list
>now it’s just hollow (You) grabs with literally 0 content whatsoever
I miss /HHg/ so damn much, I loved those turbo-autists, every one of em except you AWG

Attached: 5470CCD3-7A07-4917-A868-1E3A2A0E4F7D.jpg (800x450, 25K)

No.

Attached: Shadowsword_Imperial_Guard[1].jpg (640x423, 117K)

just fuck off autist

Reposting from the last thread

I'm hopping on the Admech train and thinking of doing youtu.be/4lKOFcgyjsc for the metallic areas and saying they're abandoned without supply for 100 years when the Great Rift occured. what colour should their robes be to look nice?

Torn between Forgebane and Dark Imperium. Has there been any word if a Start Collecting! Death Guard box will be released, or should I stock up on First Strike boxes for Marines/.Guard inside?

Hate to be a beg fag - does anyone have access to the Armiger rules?

Attached: faces.jpg (940x3568, 336K)

I like the new SC box contents, even if they’re likely to get shot off the table on the first turn.

Faded Red/Pink

I have no idea what you're talking about but ok user.

>hide from LOS in a game where droptroops and flyers are everywhere

Attached: tumblr_orf4gmEHp81vhae2lo1_500.jpg (500x333, 80K)

Someone posted them several threads ago today. I didn't save them but you can try to backtrack

more like Fart Smelldar

Who hurt you nonscionanon?

Attached: 387377954247802880.png (128x119, 13K)

>post is about a way to play with mathematical support as to why it is efficient and also asks what holes there may be in this way of playing the game
>this is a blog now
So far has Veeky Forums fallen, i guess tempestus scionanon and 20 “FIRST FOR THE (X)” are the real important discussion topics now

Ironic namefagging is still namefagging.

>contributes to the problem

Attached: 1504706414483.png (402x412, 362K)

So what do you do when I charge you with 40 genestealers first turn? Just curious.

Attached: tumblr_orf4gmEHp81vhae2lo2_500.jpg (500x333, 82K)

that's standard with wyches though.

I think the succubus is a better-looking HQ than archons at least.

BAZINGA

Makes sense I guess, but between two boxes I've picked up 9 of them.
That's 270 points without equipment. It's allowed me to get to 1000pts super fast, at least, but still doesn't seem brilliant. At least they look awesome, I guess.

Also, is it possible at this point they don't sell because they're so easy to get elsewhere?

>tumblr

Just stop feeding, they’ll go away eventually. Their ranks have whittled and soon enough they’ll all move on to some new way of getting cheap (You)s in this eternal summer of a general.

It's taufaggotry, of course you're going to get hate for it, dude.

ded game

Attached: tumblr_orf4gmEHp81vhae2lo3_500.jpg (500x333, 77K)

b-but guys we are memeing xD

just stop

>tumblr filenames

Attached: 1481455385621.png (1873x811, 382K)

Alright lads, what Codex are you waiting for?

Deathwatch here.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (641x500, 130K)

Why is the T’au bomber better at shooting than the fighter? I’m not really looking for an answer. I’m just blown away by this retardation

Attached: tumblr_orf4gmEHp81vhae2lo4_500.jpg (500x333, 79K)

But user im not in it for yous, i just wanted to see what happened

we went from anger to copying and acceptance, now its back to anger

How far off strict-canon are you comfortable with regarding Their Dudes? Has anyone come across some truly out there armies?

Attached: 4thexpansionexperience9.jpg (1417x800, 596K)

Why is the SM AA fighter better at shooting ground targets than the ground support fighter?

Varg pls
Tumblr has the best art.

I don't mind Peaches, but he's just not the same as Duncan. RIP.

Deathwatch

Attached: 1520494219632.jpg (675x1200, 625K)

It tends to be retarded like that.

>Dark Angels strafer beats the fighter in dogfighting
>Stormhawk Interceptor beats the Stormtalon Gunship at strafing ground-troops

GW just can't balance weapon profiles and points.

There was never acceptance. The outcry was just less vocal.

>the succubus is a better-looking HQ than archons
Yes, I specifically remember one of my buddies complaining about the old helmeted Archon getting discontinued.
Deldar are blessed with being some GWs best looking minis.

Attached: 0C5CB59A-15C7-4854-AD36-0C91ABB98FE1.jpg (920x950, 66K)

Alright then, fair enough, I was trying to foster discussion but I see your point.

Let me ask then: how do we fix this? Threads race to 100 posts of nothingness, some digits or random meme burn get all the focus, and after 300 people stop replying so they can lie in wait to snipe a new thread to drop the same stale meme again. /40kg/ really did used to be great for asking and learning, now it’s okay on a good day and unbearable on an average one. I want this solved so I can talk tactics with fun again

It appears their art was successful.

Fuck the tempestus scionanons

thats basically acceptance, if Veeky Forums ever came to a unanimous support of something then something has clearly gone wrong

Sisters.
Just end the suspense.

any non primaris marines being descended from traitor legions is probably where I draw the line.

To be fair it would be a pretty boring game if everything was balanced. You'd have one, maybe two ways to play each army, mediocre units would have no hope for a future buff.

>Tumblr has the best art.
Then why don't you fuck off back to there?

Attached: Oh wait.gif (288x198, 1.45M)

Don't post when Americans are awake

Sigh. Guess I'm going back to being Tempestus Scionanon too.

Unironically hoping for an Officio Assainorum Codex
With upgrades for the different assassins and some new ones, maybe clade Venenum and clade Vanus
It would be cool if a Venenum could have complete resistance to all poison modifiers and Vanus could cause haywire on a 2+

Hi bois

>people telling you to fuck off is a success
What?

It is? It doesn't look like it on paper.

Gotta share it with the world.

Attached: tumblr_p4k7gk0ZoD1ummjd5o1_400.jpg (400x590, 54K)

As in you're okay with 'my chapter is a still-loyal remnant of '?

Attached: 702789_md-Transuranic Arquebus.jpg (800x800, 69K)

For my IG army, I've got:
>A command squad
>A squad of Cadian shock troopers
>One sentinel

And I was hoping for some ideas as to how to fill out the rest of my choices. I'd like at least one more sentinel and the start collecting box, but it seems like I should just pony up for the battleforce for the added value of transport and troops.

Its my first army, so I'm really trying to feel things out from here.

>Yes, I specifically remember one of my buddies complaining about the old helmeted Archon getting discontinued.

That's because the old Archon was one of the best models GW made

Attached: DarkEldarArchon2.jpg (873x627, 44K)

I knew a dude who fluffed his army as female chaos marines descended from one of the lost primarchs. He was fucking weird.
Personally, I just try not to break any established rules like a Space Wolves successor or something.

Anyone keen for the new Mechanicus game?

Attached: tumblr_p58e0aPBkI1ug7kd3o1_400.png (373x600, 181K)

Like two or three more troops at least

>boobplate
not canon

So good they still use it on the cover of the codex even when it's out of print

I don't like it and think it's overdone but I don't automatically stop listning and/or walk away.

Well I guess it's time to replenish the ranks.

>having hope for a GW videogame
No.

what's the deal with Arquebus-posting I thought they were pretty mediocre

What's the best way to strip your models if you used rustoleum as a primer?

Attached: tumblr_p62zndkwcL1vjjcaco1_400.jpg (400x400, 55K)

milk trucc arive

Okay that's getting pretty out there, but since they're chaos marines I'd just about give it a pass that Slaanesh made a funny.

why was it killed?

Simple green

They were a reasonably solid choice already and in Forgebane they're far cheaper. Weather or not that's a preview of something to come I don't know but people are sure as shit pretending like it is.

How do you take Assassins currently? Just as a support detachment with a -1CP cost?