Pauper MtG thread

Pauper MtG thread
>"You JUST don't GET me, mom!" edition

NOT for pauper EDH discussion

Metagame info
>mtggoldfish.com/metagame/pauper#paper
>mtgtop8.com/format?f=PAU

Thread Question - Will Vicious Offering become top black removal and make Angle a suboptimal choice?

Attached: PAUPER G.png (367x500, 293K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/price/Magic Origins/Faerie Miscreant#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Magic 2011/Preordain#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Mercadian Masques/Gush#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Ice Age/Snow-Covered Island#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Torment/Circular Logic#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Judgment/Battle Screech#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Visions/Quirion Ranger#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Mercadian Masques/Cho-Mannos Blessing#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Legions/Deftblade Elite#paper
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jescaw/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-03-18-angler-delver/
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dimir-pieces/?cb=1522092301
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-power-rangers
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-03-18-mono-blue-aggro/?cb=1522176210
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Alright, how do we kill (((them))) before they kike up our format?

They won't. Commons are still commons. They can reprint shit in any masters set/new expansion. Outside of off color shit like Oubliette nothing is off the books (and even then the reprinted the "fiend hunter" horror even though he isn't on-color). The only way I can see is some turbo autist buying things not realizing they are worthless

>DEI WONT!
>Except they're starting to
>Decks creeping from 20 to 30 dollars to 60 to 120 dollars as a norm
mtggoldfish.com/price/Magic Origins/Faerie Miscreant#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Magic 2011/Preordain#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Mercadian Masques/Gush#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Ice Age/Snow-Covered Island#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Torment/Circular Logic#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Judgment/Battle Screech#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Visions/Quirion Ranger#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Mercadian Masques/Cho-Mannos Blessing#paper
mtggoldfish.com/price/Legions/Deftblade Elite#paper

You may call me an antisemite or paranoid or tell me to go back to /pol/, but in 2-3 years from now you WILL beg for someone to get the kikes in the showers, because they WILL kike it up and ruin your format and turn it into stocks for the mentally retarded instead of a cheap and affordable game, and want to guess why?
Because nobody has ever stood up against (((them))).
This is your ONLY hope for salvation is to foster a strong antisemitic comunity to kill the jewry before it even starts, but again, you won't because you're conditioned to be a good goy.
Modern is slowly becoming legacy (after the price drops MM stopped, guess (((who))) had their grubby hands on it?).
Legacy and vintage are prohibitively expensive expensive.
Standard is a fucking shitfire.
EDH got kiked up long time ago (doubling season as an example).

Go ahead, screencap this post and in 2-3 years and you'll just see how right I'm.
>Inb4 kikes yelling how "you're just a but hurt poorfag!1 and proving me right

The reason you poltards are so stupid is because you keep whining about the "jew". I hate to break the fantasy, but there is no big ethnic conspiracy, just random greedy people who are luckier or smarter than you. The "Jewish establishment" isn't holding your pasty white face back. If you dweebs weren't so blinded by identity politics, you'd join the lefties to fight the banks and big businesses, instead of voting for the side who most enables them.

Tl;dr choke on your redpill, faggot

>They can reprint shit in any masters set/new expansion
HA

Holy shit that's pretty fucking delusional. This is the EXACT same shit that is said about every other fucking format in this game. "Can"? Sure they can. "Will" they? No.

My fucking Pauper decks are now at least $75 each. It's fucking over, you can thank the retards who decided it was a good idea to promote this format.

user, he ousted himself as one of (((them))) don't reply, he's a kike and trying to gaslight you.
Format's over, go another game or accept the nose.

I'm actually more excited about Saproling Migration.

>Nice targeted removal you got there. I'm behind 10 tokens!

Attached: SAPROLING MIGRATION.png (200x279, 110K)

I don't fucking agree with your jew conspiracy bullshit. But the one thing we have in common is the fact that the format's going to financial horseshit. And I don't care if you're right or if my reasons are correct, we both know that Wizards is going to do nothing about it. In the end, everyone suffers.

It's fucking disgusting that I have more in common with people like you than the average Magic player.

People need to en masse stop buying product and sleeve up proxies.

Maybe it is because I have been playing longer than you user, but that user is right.

I remember when gaea cradle was 60ish a pop. Now a play set is 1000+ dollars. Only 1 deck plays it.

That's what scarcity does naturally, if something is rare expect the price to go up naturally, that said MtG is a beast of it's own since there are constantly buyouts to inflate the price and people can get away with that because they know that stuff isn't going to get reprinted. TLDR: Reserved list needs to go and stay go

Attached: 1511501698107.jpg (374x330, 45K)

60 to 1000 inflation is beyond absurd user.
Same goes with t meh spikes on

>Not even Multi-Kicker

Multikicker has much narrower design space than regular kicker and pretty much demands that regular kicker be brought back with it. I think it's fair to assume that multikicker was a Zendikar-only thing and probably won't ever be brought back.

Post brews my dudes

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/jescaw/

What if banlists were used to control prices in pauper?

Like, for example, snow-covered lands are banned along with preordain/gush. Would this just push more people into say, the Boros deck and drive up the prices of Battle Screech et al even more?

Sounds like a pointless conversation as it won't happen. Doubly so because, for the moment, WotC doesn't care about paper pauper as an official format

Banning cards based on price doesn't make sense, anyway. The snow lands and preordain/gush are NOT the problem cards in either delver deck. Spellstutter Sprite is probably too good.

It can be a thought exercise.
Banning based on price may be a requirement in pauper because what's the point of a 'budget' format if a single deck is upwards of $50? Or $100 in the case of UR Delver/mono black with oublette? The format is starting to gain enough traction we're seeing paper prices spiking because of fucking speculators/investors. If cards could face a ban because they got too expensive, it'd prevent them from trying to "invest" in the format and help keep prices low.
If WotC would knock off the 'hurr durr muh limited' excuse as the reason they print garbage sets, it'd be very easy for them to reprint all kinds of shit, and not just for pauper.
Wouldn't be surprising to see Oubliette hit $100 by the end of summer, but it's "reserved list" so it won't be reprinted, anyways. Just ban the thing and be done with it.

Swear the oath, sell your rares, buy guns.

The point was never to be a budget format; it's a deckbuilding exercise. The fact that it has tended to be cheap is a coincidence.

For example: MBC is not even tier 1. Why ban Oubliette? It doesn't do anything unfair. The version without it puts up better results, anymore, anyway. It's pointless and autistic.

Furthermore, the more popular pauper becomes, the more incentivized WotC is to reprint staples. They gain NOTHING by refusing to reprint them. They want people to buy and crack sealed product, which they will do for Gush, Chainer's Edict, Oubliette, etc

Like 40% of the tiered decks are $100 does not make the cards ban-worthy.

>you'd join the lefties to fight the banks and big businesses
Right like how Occupy shat its pants and scattered to the winds as soon as they noticed who was in control of the Rothschild banks and the federal reserve. Hint: It's still the Rothschilds. The people who cared about truth still care about truth, you kikes just moved from calling them commies to calling them nazis, and people are seeing through your bullshit because we follow the money.

Stop ruining my game with your tikkun olam religious garbage, your greed, and your lies. Magic doesn't belong to you.

>Furthermore, the more popular pauper becomes, the more incentivized WotC is to reprint staples.

I agree, but looking at their recent moves, I'm not sure they're capable of making intelligent business decisions. They still don't seem to grasp that, while sure a few people might draft a masters set, most of the product is hoarded/opened for reprints and value. Then again, maybe they're purposefully fucking up their masters sets to make the barrier to entry of modern too high in an effort to funnel more people into standard.

>Like 40% of the tiered decks are

What you're proposing hurts the format and its players who're currently in it. As somebody who just bought 1+ playset of all the staples, if my cards got banned because of their cost alone, I'd just quit pauper.

Holy SHIT ITS PAUPER oh NO 100 DOLLARS FOR A DECK :((( nOOOOOooooOO

I thought about taking an UR skred delver deck and turning it in a UB delver by just putting in disfigure, ghastly demise and edicts instead of skred/bolt and by putting in 4 anglers somehow. Is it feasible?

Attached: 1519791496145.jpg (777x704, 42K)

Angler Delver has been a deck for a long time.

You also want Thought Scour, mental note, accumulated knowledge, deep analysis.

Protip: as someone who just played against 3 black decks, have some extra removal in your 75 that hits black cards. Agony Warp is good, 4x Chainer's Edict is a given.

So should i drop the faerie&ninja pack to get a mild selfmill pack?

Yes, definitely. You want your Anglers online ASAP, and pitching accumulated knowledge feels so good.

I would add another Edict and maybe even more removal that hits black creatures, but this is the list I played last week:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-03-18-angler-delver/

>They gain NOTHING by refusing to reprint them
"Truly they're showing how much they care about us, the true customers of mtg, collectors and speculators!"

Right, but WotC doesn't care about that. They care about making money.

The only reason they don't break the reserve list is because they know consumers wouldn't invest again if they did, meaning they ultimately fear losing more revenue than they'd make. They might be wrong about that assumption, but that's how businesses think.

They don't care about pleasing customers, they care about dollars. The problem that's somewhat unique to WotC is that they think reddit represents the userbase, leading to disasters like faggotry and non-gendered pronouns, not to mention horrid designs like Iconic Masters and m25.

>SCG wants the list off since they know basic economics
>NO, MUH SPECULATORS MUH COLLECTORS!!!
Wizard's also fucking retarded, if they care only about sealed they'd do more actually good sealed product.

>non-gendered pronouns
this has been a thing they wanted to do for long, they just did it now because extra good boy points.
ALso fuck you, "it's library" it's better than "His or her library"

You're not wrong. WotC doesn't get an actual picture of what customers want because they literally, by their own admission, only check reddit.

Sound exactly like something a jew rat would say.

I like meme decks. Blue black pieces of the puzzle. What should change? before somebody asks, wincons are Syphon Life and Evincar's Justice.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dimir-pieces/?cb=1522092301

I want to play tron. Should I pick up the list for 5 color, or try to build RG?

I'm more interested in big plays and big creatures, less being uber-controlly

>I want to play tron.
You poor, poor soul.

>RG?
Well, the only reason to play tron is to win, and to win you'll want to go 5c. Otherwise, literally why bother?

Why does every magic thread invariable fill up with applesponges whining about identity politics

Is it sexual frustration

I want to play big creatures, with massive plays. I was told the best way to do it in pauper is tron.

I know there's a massive stigma against it, but are there really any other options that are viable?

>bringing up a shitpost issue
>expecting to get reasonable replies

The real reason is that people who've seen MtG go from a great thing to a crappy SJW thing with literally no quality control are frustrated with what they see.

Also, people who've been around it tend to hate identity politics, regardless of their mtg career.

If you're intending to go creature-based, I'm not sure what the winningest option is. I mean, tiered tron doesn't even play Crusher except in the SB.

I guess RG might actually be more up your alley, not sure. Maybe a mono G fatties list with ramp?

I sort of like the mono green idea, but I'm also a huge sucker for red. I like having direct damage and faster options. I guess Ideally I'd like something jund-y, but that's more of a toolbox strategy as opposed to creatures, right?

I just started, and clearly have no clue what to play.

Jund midrange is incredibly fun. Unfortunately, the pauper meta is rough for it; Delver is faster, tron controls better, etc.

If you're going with fatties, red is probably good for sweepers until you drop your wincons. Of course, bolt and flame slash, but also Electrickery and Swirling Sandstorm. Dual Shot's a card, too. Staggershock might make sense with more mana.

You'll also want prophetic prism for filtering and cantripping. Pick creatures with less colored mana cost, of course, too.

Jund would be fine for me, but chainer's is like 10 bucks now, and one of the reasons I was inching toward 5c tron was because of chromatic star being so expensive, and most RG tron decks are running it.

I expect Chainer's to get reprinted, but it could be years with how out of touch WotC is. Protip: I bought a playset of Damaged for between $2 and 3 each, and they all arrived HP, from tcgplayer. Might be worth rolling the dice... anything but water damage should sleeve up.

Star is so good, too. I think the tiered list is

How's this list for jund?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/19-07-17-jund-midrange

I should be able to put it together for about 60 bucks.

Looks good to me.

Another sweet card to try is Ghastly Demise, but kind of a nonbo with Angler. But, jund has so much removal it's extraneous anyway.

Do it and have fun. Midrange is best magic.

>2018
>Not owning 80+ Sprout Swarm already

Attached: dbd22a1b637df2f294c5333442ad9510.gif (445x247, 2.85M)

Thanks, man! Hopefully it'll be fun enough to keep around, but I'll keep an eye out for Tron just in case.

A lot of those cards can be translated to Tortured Existence BG, if you want to try another deck in the future. Super fun deck, but practice a LOT before going to LGS, since it's complex to pilot

If you want to make a shitton of mana and saprolings just run Sprout Swarm.

I noticed, I remember seeing TCC do a deck tech for it. I was weirdly wanting to avoid graveyard strategies, because of the complexity.

It's weird. I enjoy the flavor and play style of certain colors individually, but I find that whenever I try to combine those colors, I end up getting pigeonholed into an archetype I wasn't expecting, to stay competitive.

Well, TortEx isn't really competitive. It's a playable deck, but folds to graveyard hate. Somebody should make a list with a transformative sideboard... that'd be hilarious.

>complaining about staples raising in price
>yet none of them break the $10

How about you stop being on welfare and get a job, user?

Attached: Laughing at rebel plebs.gif (500x209, 1.8M)

should i build boogles or heroic deck ?

i like the concept of both

Boggles is boring; literally the most linear deck in any format.

That's a funny way of saying Slivers.

MWH

Man, local shop not having various pauper pieces is annoying

>Abloo bloo

It's a first rough draft but could this work?
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/uw-power-rangers

That's what I love about mtgo. No waiting for post, having to lug my tight ass down to a store.

slivers is fun because you can go 3/4/5 colours and play spicy 1offs like the flash sliver or some unearths, it certainly looks like has more room for trying new things than bogles

Sub Brainstorm for Preordain and then you're probably good. Looks fun

>two days until I get to see people's faces when I play three-color caw blade in pauper at LGS

This is the best format.

Multi-kicker's problem is that it's basically just another way of including an X cost.

R8 n' h8, m8s.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/27-03-18-mono-blue-aggro/?cb=1522176210

Attached: download.jpg (249x202, 5K)

Not bad, but Mutagenic Growth is out of place. Another Daze and some Vapor Snag or Snaps would be smart.

Also: not h8ing, but izzet delver is the better deck. I know it's spendier, just sayin', my dude

Also, Spire Golem > Augur, esp to freely bounce with ninja, and make your opponent's bounce spells worse

I've just always preferred mono blue because the manabase is way more reliable.

That's true, but the only mainboard card you need red for at all is Skred, and it's best mid/late game, anyway, which means fetching for it later is easier. That's why izzet is dominating the meta

Also gives access to way better SB options. Electrickery, Swirling Sandstorm, Gorilla Shaman, etc

I'll look into making the change towards Izzet, but it's gonna be a bit. Shit ain't cheap, yo.

iktf

Snow lands seriously need a reprint. Literally any masters set could have them, gib wotc pls

Just checked Card Kingdom and they have Mountains for 2.50 a pop, and VG Islands for 2.10.

on cardmarket, some people have 6+ inv, for 1.25 each

>cardmarket

Gross

I don't know anywhere cheaper, with actual stock.

Stupid sexy skred red

Is that website dying, or am I just out of the loop?

I mean magiccardmarket.eu
Not your shitty American one

Filthy nerds

Attached: nerds.png (1259x512, 133K)

There's brewing and there's boasting about purposely playing worse cards.

Tell me how your snowlands will stop a turn 4 Crusher or Turn 3 Angler?

By paying for a vaporsnag? Or, for your refute, can harvest pyre put 8 cards in the yard by itself?

what's a good pauper deck to matchup against UR delver? trying to teach some people to play magic

Decks that run it, can. Not my problem metababbies can't hand spells that aren't preordain or gush

Which is why I posted another card to hold them off until skred can deal with it. How odd.

ME MAKE SHITBREW
ME AM GOOD GAME!
ME NO KNOW ABOUT BAD ENGINEER PARADIGM
BUT ME DEK IS REL GUD!

Why are they bald?

What about lightning axe?

Should I cuck myself into my go before (((they))) hike prices more?

>into my go
What did he mean by this?

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Mtgo fucking autocorrect

If those decks were better, they'd win more. I love brewing, but don't be retarded.

>not using MTGO legality
>expect to get taken seriously by anyone at all

Attached: probopass.png (600x690, 352K)

>friend and i agree to build pauper so we have another format to play
>drop like $50-$60 on blitz
>fiend backs out and decides to build 2 more modern decks
>stuck with a fully sleeved deck i only goldfish
Sadniggahourswhoup

Attached: 1521137723695.jpg (404x356, 41K)