Slavery is always regarded as an evil thing regardless of the setting

>slavery is always regarded as an evil thing regardless of the setting
>yet monarchy and feudalism is always romanticized and treated as an okay thing
>going around killing slave masters and setting slaves free is perfectly okay
>going around killing nobles and setting the peasants free makes you a psychotic maniac
Let's be honest here Veeky Forums, if the slave masters were cute girls wearing princess clothing you would totally be willing to enforce the laws of slavery for her, you hypocrites.

Attached: 1519608825330.jpg (850x998, 159K)

I am not into loli...Also I am from ones that do kill kings and such if possible, so yeah she would die horribly as my next character either cuts her in half, bite off her head or turns her into ash.

ni dieux ni maitre

>If the slavemasters were cute girls you'd be willing to enforce slavery
Literally the basis of Veeky Forums's Monstergirl thread.

It's not slavery, it's rape.

There's not really a whole lot of slavery to be going on in that setting. Rape, yes, but not slavery.

Attached: 1519608895190.jpg (850x868, 191K)

I dunno, if you're being raped forever and people love their rapemasters and want to have everyone else be rapeslaves too, I think that'd roughly fit the bill of enforcing slavery because cute girls in princess clothing are doing it.

At some point you get brainwashed into liking it, so it's no longer (physical) rape.

I can brutalize a man into loving being a slave too, doesn't stop it from being slavery just because he's happy.

I can't find the "Rapes not so bad after the 10th time" image so have this instead

Attached: 1430169211017[1].jpg (672x750, 98K)

The brainwash part is why people are comparing it to slavery. Something about not being in control of your actions.

LONDON

But you own his as property, he's a slave no matter what.
If you took a random person off the street and rewired his brain to obey you and love it its not slavery as he's still free and following you out of his now warped and ruined free will.

You're talking about abducting a person and reprogramming them against their will to obey and love you. They might as well be property at that point because they aren't going to leave of their own will because you've effectively removed it.

If he has no free will, he has no freedom - if you tell him to obey you and do as you say, and he does so because he has no free will to refuse, you have enslaved him by taking away his freedom and owning him.

But he's still free to leave you, yet because you changed him he doesn't want to.
It's not slavery, if he was strong enough of will he'd go away.

It's called Stockholm
It's a fucking survival mechanic to deal with the fact you're too much of a faggot to free yourself from slavery

You're literally arguing that child soldiers who are forcefully addicted to drugs to keep them loyal to their warlords are not slaves because they are technically are not 'owned'

Not slaves, just drug addicted conscripts living in misery at his whim.
Call it a technicality if you will.

All this talk about slavery being awful in every setting must be from Americans. You lot are just as bad as Japs that make slavery rape and awful mistreatment.

Military slavery is a thing.
You're splitting hairs, the point is is that it's far easier to keep a slave loyal through reward (and the withholding of such, be it drugs or love in the case of our hypothetical brainwashed wretch) than punishment.

That sounds a lot like a job with material as the pay rather than money.

>Monarchy and Feudalism are slavery
Delete this jackobite nonsense, you dirty frog.

Didn't realize they let house slaves use the internet these days.
Maybe I have been wrong about slavery all this time.

Slavery (noun).
"A person who is excessively dependent upon or controlled by something."
Not the primary definition, but it certainly is one. Even on technicalities, that person is a slave.

It's not called wage-slavery for nothing.

"It's not slavery, Mastah gives me a bed to sleep in and bread every mornin'! No work, no bread so 's just employment!"

If the nobility started treating their subjects like slaves, yeah, killing them and freeing the peasants would be justified. Sic semper tyrannis and all that jazz. But why would they? Content, or at least not terrified, peasants are way more productive than those which are brutalized. There's a bunch of laws and agreements which (theoretically) bind feudal lords, though they're admittedly slanted in favor of the guys with the castles as a general rule.

Feudalism is an economic and security thing, yeah? A product of a society where the vast majority of people need to farm, and warlords are a common sight? You can't fix that by butchering everyone wearing a crown.

I'm going to go ahead and argue that slavery by brainwashing isn't really something you can talk your way out of. That's a pretty bad thing to do, overall.

Well then it is slavery.
Not sure it applies to the first example since he's not dependent on the rape, he just likes it now.

Just because you're made to like it doesn't mean it's not still a thing.
When a Mindflayer or a Vampire mind control other beings to like being preyed upon, are those other beings not slaves because they enjoy it?

I wouldn't think they're alive anymore, but as they're essentially chattel slave could fit them.

It basically is.

>Monarchy is EVUL!
>But (((democracy))) and slavery is great goy!
>hehehe
user GET ON MY HELICOPTER THERE IS NO TIME TO EXPLAIN.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1021K)

>implying slavery is bad

Attached: 409px-Dwarf.jpg (409x599, 68K)

OP just said Monarchy was bad, for all you know they might be a fascist, they just don't want Monarchy as dictated by bloodline specifically.
Keep it in your pants, /pol/

>Fascism meme statism
>Not also bad
Get on the McRide now.

Attached: file.png (208x242, 63K)

I also didn't pass any judgement on whether it's good or bad, don't lump me in with user's theoretical beliefs I proposed, nor assume I'm correct.
What the fuck do you want from me, are you like ransomware, do I need to pay you to stop being a presumptious dickhole?

>Feudalism is an economic and security thing, yeah? A product of a society where the vast majority of people need to farm, and warlords are a common sight? You can't fix that by butchering everyone wearing a crown.
In fact, it would make the situation way worse for almost everyone - because now the ones with the military power aren't the ones with the crowns and obligations to the land and its people, but random warlords only looking out for themselves. It's murderhobo land now.

>going around killing slave masters and setting slaves free is perfectly okay
>going around killing nobles and setting the peasants free makes you a psychotic maniac
You're making the mistake of synonymising serfs with slaves.
Slaves are property and don't have rights.
Serfs are peasants. they agree to work the land: forestry, mining, agriculture, whatever. They agree to this as an agreement: they work the land, and in turn the lords offer protection. Serfs can make, buy, and sell things. They don't have rights.

Attached: noblemanswerve.jpg (960x895, 319K)

>Mozume_Takumi_support_chain.jpg

In reality of course you need to murder literally everyone to kick start the end of feudalism. If the Plague isn't going to be the Plague, you're gonna have to be the Plague.

Its similar, yes, but not the same.
Slaves are mostly not part of the culture that enslaves, they are mostly conquered other cultures, so you are atleast ruled and opressed by "one of your own kin", which well in mediveal and fantasy setting is more of a thing.
Other than that, serfs live not as shitty as slaves.

The oath binds better than the chain.

>Let's be honest here Veeky Forums, if the slave masters were cute girls wearing princess clothing you would totally be willing to enforce the laws of slavery for her, you hypocrites.

In Dark Sun I usually run slavery as a positive good. Not the TAKING of slaves, but most slaves would simply dehydrate to death on their own, period.

That being said, cute slaver girls in princess clothing sounds NOICE for both my WoD game and D&D game coming up.

-Slavery is regarded as evil not due to the name given, but because Slaves are considered in effect things, res in latin. That's evil. If Slavery in a setting exists and its the same like a badly payed clerk then its just nothing like being a thing.
-Monarchy and Feudalism... are not inherently evil. Rulers can be just and unjust in case by case. You live in an a totalitarian democracy if you compare this with the Ideal society, a Utopian society (Plato style). Democracy can be and usually is just as evil as monarchies.
-Killing Slave masters is good because we assume they practice the evil RES type slavery. So fuck them
-Nobles or in general rulers great and small of the setting are not always evil, far from it.

>feudalism is slavery
Holy smokes, insight into the mind of La Creatura right here.

It is not a technically.

A Drug addicted Child soldier is Not a slave.

Actually owning a person in a "legal" way defines Slavery.

Well, look at the modern world. We whine and complain when politicians line their pockets, yet we're willing to pay millions in taxmoney to kings and queens who don't even do anything. Romantic images easily trick the peasantry.

I mean, politicians are often overpaid but its not like a significant amount of money goes to them, its ultimately hemming and hawwing over less than 1% of taxes.

Yeah, but you forget that politicians are paid for something they do and we can get rid of the ones that we don't like. That, band 1% of our taxes is still huge.

Yeah.

>That, band 1% of our taxes is still huge.

probably the only significant expenditure on an individual basis is stuff like secret service protection for life.

I think there was a thread at one point to have all the humans be the slave race, it wasn't taken all that well given that you can't do much under slavery. Then again, you can't do much under feudalism either, so...

Attached: 1521695288967.jpg (792x537, 178K)

On an individual yes, but on a collective level even a 50 cent tax will result in literally millions of dollars in all but the smallest countries. Money that's better spent on actually useful services. Or not taxed at all

>Money that's better spent on actually useful services.

About 64% of the budget is on mandatory programs (pic related) so it does mostly go to help the people.

Attached: 2018 mandatory spending.jpg (628x925, 68K)

In the fantasy settings I use, slavery is quite often OK and natural. However, I can get behind this idea, depending on the type of slavery:
> Slaves captured from other tribes who dislike each other and their master, and would gladly break free and escape to their tribes.
> Kill the master and his guards, slaves run away.
> Some die, some manage to return to their tribes.
vs
> Peasants work on their landlord's field and pay him taxes. Kill the landlord and all his noble knights. Peasants live a happy life for a year, then barbarians invade, slaughter all men, enslave and rape all women, because there is nobody to protect them. The few survivors face a new landlord who invades the land and may or may not instill even higher taxes, even more days a week to work for him, and even worse punishments for those who disagree.

>they agree to work the land

at no point is their agreement required.

yip, people don't realize that the cost of medical care per person in the US is higher than anywhere else in the world, and the state doesn't get a discount on that.

by the same standard we are also slaves
as we also have to pay taxes and obey the laws others have made for us to keep
only the taxes have risen and the laws have multiplied

>muh democracy muh one vote
for the individual the one vote is useless. And even if your one vote did matter the bureaucracy would squash any attempt at real change.

Feudalism differs from slavery in one crucial regard: obligation goes both ways.

A serf has an obligation to their lord to work their land, serve in his army and tithe their crops to him. But in exchange, the lord must defend his serfs from attack. Now, it's not necessarily an equal exchange of obligations but it does run both ways. You can see how someone would be willing to enter into such a contract if the alternative was facing barbarian raids, and it's no co-incidence that once that threat is removed, Feudalism begins to die out. It takes a long time in some places like Russia and China, but these are also places when, until recently, state armies were unable to adequately protect all of their citizens, so Feudalism lingers on because people need protection.

A slave owner has no obligation to their slaves. They can do whatever they like to them. Now, that isn't always necessarily negative; not all systems of slavery involve working people to death in fields and mines. Roman slaves could be highly educated men like doctors, and could even earn considerable money in their own right. But even in Rome, the fate of most slaves was going to be doing stuff like salt mining, which isn't something anyone wants to do. Many peasants doubtless didn't want to do farming either, but it's not an activity which actively kills you.

So at the end of the day, it's not a huge distinction, but it is an important one.

Most settings ignore the idea that peasants are bound to the land

Why? Even without government healthcare and with shipping costs for medicine, medical procedures are cheaper in my country than US.

most peasants weren't legally bound to the land.
in fact a peasant legally bound to the land was the freak occurrence in Europe. A peasant was free to move and till the land elsewhere but since that elsewhere was probably already taken he'd have to enter into a new agreement.

There are however plenty of practical reasons why peasants didn't move around all that much.

>Let's be honest here Veeky Forums, if the slave masters were cute girls wearing princess clothing you would totally be willing to enforce the laws of slavery for her

you have vastly underestimated the strength of the rageboner slavery engenders in me

>forcing a narrative
Monarchies and feudalism are generally looked down upon, freeing slaves to defeat despotic totalitarianism has been the MO of virtually every fantasy story for decades. Only recently, the pseud-deconstructive shit of "the despotic king was actually holding back an even greater evil!!!" shit has become the norm.

You've got no point, you're just trying to start shit, and this thread is garbage.

Your country probably doesn't have indefinite patent on medicine, medical treatments, procedures, and equipment along with intense protection of service/sales rights and privileges. The system in the US is designed to make medical care a service, and the sale of that service is heavily protected, which allows the industry to charge whatever they want.

A good example of this is that you are never told how much anything costs. The bills are produced after all services are rendered. I had to have an intestinal blockage removed or I could have gone septic, and I was never told what the cost of anything was going to be. Then, after the fact, I got a separate bills from the hospital and then from each individual doctor that treated me; it was almost $40,000 for an overnight stay, anesthesia, and non-invasive surgery all together - about $35,000 from the hospital, and then $1,000 or so a piece for three separate doctors. That bill came weeks after the fact. Lo and behold, once the hospital realized there was no way I could pay that, the bill magically dipped all the way down to $3,600 for the hospital portion, and the doctors suddenly dropped to about $300 a piece. How the hell can they afford to charge me 10% and 30%, respectively, of the original bills?

Because it never cost nearly $40,000 in the first place. Since the doctors, hospitals, and pharmaceutical companies never have to reveal pricing in the first place, they charge whatever asinine number they want hoping you'll be dumb enough (or your insurance will be dumb enough) to pay it without contesting anything. If they realize that won't happen, suddenly the price drops. Another example: when I was in the military, I had to go to a civilian ER for stitches one time. The civilian ER charged $1200. TRICARE (DoD health insurance) paid them $110, and I owed nothing else.

The system is fucking rigged. That's how it so expensive.

>Let's be honest here Veeky Forums, if the slave masters were cute girls wearing princess clothing you would totally be willing to enforce the laws of slavery for her, you hypocrites.
Literally Touhou fans. I've seen those people defend child murder.

Explain Touhou to me, because all I know about it is that there are cute girls in fancy dresses.

Oh boy that sounds awful.

Touhou is a franchise of indie bullet hell video games. Noticeable for its memorable patterns, surprisingly complex lore, and high quality music.

The actual story is a bit too complicated and weird to fully explain here. But essentially: It's about a magical land where most humans are systematically oppressed or murdered for the sake of preserving the various monsters from japanese mythology. And all of the main characters are privileged powerful people exploiting this for their own benefit. It's mostly a lighthearted sudo comedy.

So you'd rather everyone was poor taxed collectively, which individual mandate is, for everyone regardless if you need it or not? Because sounds like you want to take it in both ends with a rigged system.

>Roman slaves could be highly educated men like doctors

Romans are the ultimate liberals. They underfunded education so hard that they had to invade other countries and enslave its teachers just to keep their own schools staffed.

There's a dimension bubble that contains and protects most of the ghosts and demons from japanese lore from the ravages of progress. Regularily somebody inside the bubble fucks up, threathening the integrity of the construct, so the big shots roll out and attack each other in complex mock battles until the actual culprit is identified and brought to heels.

Most of the big shots are man-eating monsters and there are humans inside, the non-man-eaters tolerate that as long as it stays within reasonable limits.

>slavery is always regarded as an evil thing
>monarchy and feudalism is always romanticized
nigga you dumb

This user is right, AnCap is the quintessential murderhobo ideology.

More or less. The humans aren't tolerated though. Their belief and fear in the aforementioned man eating monsters is necessary for them to exist. And they're kept oppressed because of that.

People from the outside world also occasionally end up in that dimension bubble. Either by accident, or because they've been spirited away/abducted. But most tend to get eaten pretty quickly. So, they don't really figure much into the plot.

Oh, and everybody is a cute little girl wearing a fancy dress. Because japan.

>yet we're willing to pay millions in taxmoney to kings and queens who don't even do anything.
You do realize that the British monarchy don't get a cent from the government, right? They just own a ton of land.

Can't rape the willing.

>Romans
>Literal slavery
>Death penalties
>Massive military-industrial complex
>Literal oligarchal class to rival the plebian in their political system
>An Empire that regularly conquered people and absorbed their culture if it didn't destroy it
>Liberal

And hey, if you really think they are then remember that Rome stood for over 500 years, conquered and civilised most of Europe and was generally a highly advanced society for it's time and place; if liberals want to make their country Rome sign me the fuck up.

>the slave masters were cute girls wearing princess clothing you would totally be willing to enforce the laws of slavery for her, you hypocrites.
No but I'd happily be her slave

Feudalism isn't slavery its society.
They work for each other, they pay each other, they buy houses, they get married and make little children that replace them when they get too old to work.

Attached: readthis.jpg (626x1056, 140K)

read that as transman

>spotted the faggot

To add a bit upon this: while outsider humans are generally fair game for the more murderous youkai, denizens of the human village are under explicit protection. They are not to be killed or hunted and a youkai that breaks this rule gets exterminated by the miko or even other youkai.
This is because many youkai are sustained not by flesh but rather fear or belief. It's alluded to that "food humans" come from a different source, but I don't think it gets expanded upon. Village humans generally live peaceful lives, albeit their tech level is essentially frozen in time, barring an occasional modern item that slips through the barrier. They are not abused, but cannot leave the "world" and have to obey certain rules. That's the gist of it, it's up to you whether you think they seem more like slaves, serfs or cattle.

Oh, and there are males, but they appear mostly in the manga and written works and not the games.

>It's alluded to that "food humans" come from a different source, but I don't think it gets expanded upon
One of the print works mentions that at least the humans given to the local vampires are of the suicidal and easily missed variety. I always kind of figured the same is true of any other humans who are abducted with the express purpose of getting killed/becoming food.

>That's the gist of it, it's up to you whether you think they seem more like slaves, serfs or cattle.
I would liken them to livestock that doesn't realize its in a cage. Even the rules they have to follow are unspoken. And they don't have any kind of leader.

Well you can have most of that if you move to Saudi Arabia.

>Saudia Arabia
>Civilised
Last I checked Rome didn't have the Islamic cancer growing out of it's every orifice and all the backwards barbaric crap that comes with it.

Attached: Absolutely Barbaric.jpg (600x709, 160K)

Because his fucking brain has been rewired by demonic magics you retard. That falls under "controlled by something". The damned MGE flat out explains how men are more or less brainwashed through magic and physical stimulation. Look at the entry for the fucking manticore for god's sake; once you're captured that's it, and they know it so they give you false hope by pretending they'll let you free if you just pull them off your dick and walk away. The same goes for the March hare who's energy fucks with your brain over time until you're reduced to a jibbering husk that only knows how to fuck.

Just because the guy gets some ass doesn't change the fact that he's only getting ass because A: the monster girls require his semen, and B:his mind has been twisted until ego death has occurred. It's not all that different from voodoo practitioners that drug their victims with blowfish poison; they're slaves even if they're completely unaware due to the state of delirium they're perpetually stuck in. In fact the only notable difference is that Zombi are used as farmers while Monster Girl victims are cattle milked for semen and demonic energy. The victims of monster girls are slaves, end of story.

Attached: IMG_0338.jpg (872x685, 116K)

I don't see how given only a few actually cause ego death.

I have my players fighting to continue the institution of slavery, but weaning the world away from it with political methods. The main antagonist is full on slave revolt chaos though. It makes for an awesome dynamic of morality.

To be fair, most institutions of slavery in the setting are no where near as brutal as the TAST. The one that is closest still has the ability to earn freedom with regularity.

Considering corruption, which all Monsters apparently have, they all cause ego death because they warp your mind just from being with them.

No only the ones that actually turn you into an animal cause ego death.
Everyone else makes you a poonhound, so while while it is rape of your very intrinsic being I cannot see it as slavery since you can still live a more or less normal life.

All of them eventually turn you into a customizable incubus who cares only for fucking sooner or later. It all ends in ego death eventually.

Araby from the now dead Warhammer Fantasy here. Our slaves have slave rights. They stop being slaves after 40 years, the children of slaves are not slaves (which is guaranteed by Araby law) and those who cruelly mistreat their slaves get an even more cruel punishment.

>he completely ignores the bit about how they all corrupt you with demonic magic
You really are desperate to hold onto this escapist fantasy, aren't you?

Hey, at least he thinks it's still rape, they're currently arguing corruption doesn't constitute rape in the thread.

Attached: If only you knew.jpg (643x576, 72K)

I wanted to retain some shred of hope, truly I did. But I'm forced to realize now that monster girls were a mistake.

Attached: IMG_0733.jpg (500x339, 52K)

lmao look at this faggot
I'm the sort of guy that would enforce slavery for anyone that wouldn't fucking enslave me you retards

That would still make you a slave though user, just one that gets treated slightly better. It's like house niggas vs. field niggas. You work for them because your only other option is to be relegated to even worse work.

Perhaps same could be said of all religious.