/bgg/ Board Games General: Page 10 Here We Go

Last Thread:
Map
>zeemaps.com/map?group=2658308#

Pastebin
>pastebin.com/3ZbrVRMu

What is your absolute #1 favorite boardgame?
What is the most you've paid for a single game, base game- no expansions, and what game?
What is the most work you've put into tricking out a game (painted components, upgrades, inserts) and what game?

Attached: you die if you bgg.png (580x1024, 522K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3529/vampire-hunter
pacosako.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

talk me out of it

Attached: azul.jpg (266x190, 16K)

It's a bit over produced for a set collection game, but if you like super fancy components and you like the idea of a cut throat set collection game then okay.

I'm thinking about it too. I've played it quite a bit with some family on tabletop simulator, it's really fun.
If anything I'm worried I'll be spoiled by the scripting in TTS and find actually setting up the factories every turn tedious as fuck.

no
don't
stop

Attached: 1328155400767.jpg (800x800, 390K)

>#1 favourite boardgame
Duel of Ages II
>most I've paid
Cave Evil ($425 Strayabux inc shipping), closely followed by 1860 ($375 inc shipping)
>tricked out
Nothing as of yet, but Millennium Blades is in dire need of a custom insert. Still need to buy a poker chip set for 18XX/paper money in general
Flavour of the month, unproven to have any lasting value, it's most likely going to be basically forgotten like Santorini

Azul will become like Go or Chess. Centuries from now people will still be playing it.

Is Millennium Blades as amazing as it looks?

>What is your absolute #1 favorite boardgame?
Twilight Imperium, if you hold a gun to my head.
TI3:SA > TI4 >> TI3:SotT+SE >>> TI3
What is the most you've paid for a single game?
Probably TI4, can't think of anything that beats that out without expansions. Thank god.
>What is the most work you've put into tricking out a game (painted components, upgrades, inserts) and what game?
Definitely upgrading TI3 to Shattered Ascension, but I'm about a year and a half out of date on it. That community mostly plays on tabletop simulator so it's easy for them to iterate frequently. I don't, so keeping up with them means reprinting cards, reprinting and laminating race sheets, etc.

I think I still say Chaos in the Old World. Just hits all my buttons for themes, asymmetrical goal game play, and ease of play.
>What is the most you've paid for a single game, base game- no expansions, and what game?
I want to say Axis and Allies WW1 edition at around $120 canada fun bux
>What is the most work you've put into tricking out a game (painted components, upgrades, inserts) and what game?
Nothing for board games, but I spent $1000 on terrain for the wargames at my store.

Also, never clicked the map link before. Thats kind neat. World wide communication always boggles my mind.

For a light game, its really compelling. Probably costs to much for what you get, but everything is really nice inside it. Only thing I wish is the factory circles or whatever were about 20% bigger.

I'm glad I got distributor pricing on my TI4. Cut the cost by a fuck ton.

Has anyone tried out Shadespire or know someone who has? I've been hearing good things about it

Attached: IMG_2708.jpg (474x630, 87K)

It's a fun game to pick up and play, it does a decent job of shrinking down the strategy element of the minis skirmish game to a boardgame-like experience. The major issue it has is that it doesn't really fill any niche that anyone seems to be looking for. It lacks enough depth or customization to appeal to hobby gamers, and has too much construction (you need to build the minis, which are not scale compatible with other warhammer) and lacks the rules complexity to appeal to those who prefer strategy board games. It's decent, it's playable, if you can find it for below retail and you like fairly simple, grid-based tactical games, it's worth picking up. Just don't expect it to be anything other than what is it, which isn't actually much.

Been doing more reading on what houserules other people have in TI4

>dealing out two PC to each player [...]
While I like the greater control each player gets over what agendas there are to choose from I think I'll go with the docket thing where there's five face up agendas and the Speaker chooses which gets voted on, then draws a new one and picks again.
I'm also a bit iffy on how your houserule makes the "rearrange the top two cards of the agenda deck" primary of Politics pretty useless. Being speaker + action cards is still worth it but I'm just not keen on rebalancing the Strategy cards, I like them as is.

Also why wasn't simultaneous voting written into the game? It's seems like a much more interesting dynamic instead of the political blocs you get with sequential. "Elect a planet" agendas are going to be a pain in the ass, but they kinda were already.

While I'm still eager to try my vote out of two possible objectives Age of Empire (all objectives visible from the start, 2-pointers scorable from round 3) looks fun too, and a bit faster which is nice since pretty much every other houserule makes it slower.

Attached: nine million years in gimp.jpg (4128x3096, 2.79M)

I know it's a silly one as far as "how can that be number 1?", but Seasons. There's just no other game that works as consistently well with the many people I play with. It all just clicks well and finds a nice balanced weight.

>What is the most you've paid for a single game, base game- no expansions, and what game?
I haven't received it yet because kickstarter, but the base game of Too Many Bones wasn't actually discounted during their recent campaign, so I technically paid $125 for it. Of games I have on my shelf right now, Xia Legends of a Drift System was $80.

Xia broke me into getting an insert with it's expansion. It helps with setup so much in a game that desperately needed faster setup, there's no regrets there. I also sleeved all the cards for it given it's just one of those games that gets people hyped here.

Attached: IMG_1715_export[1].jpg (1000x750, 398K)

Damn, xia look pretty good, but that pricetage is prohibitively high.

Picking two of the chosen cards to be resolved replaces messing with the top two of the PC deck, should have been clearer about that.

I go back and forth on simultaneous voting - it's much more tactically interesting, as everyone has to make more predictive judgments about how everyone else is evaluating the docket, which also makes more room for both making and breaking deals during the phase. But that added complexity also slows down what is already a significant speed bump to the rest of the game.

it was clear, it's just messier in terms of what players know what re: upcoming agendas. The docket system lets you keep the Politcs strategy card RAW, and nobody but the player who took Politics knows anything everybody else doesn't know.

>speed bump
I wouldn't mind it so much if the discussion was a little bit more nuanced than "let's vote for X because it's good for us and bad for them" but you can't really make rules to force players to be good negotiators.

Having a game-long cold war with a neighbour where you make agreements which you technically don't break but still work against is such a good feel, but so many people are all or nothing in their dealings

>talk me out of it
This is a game that you can try before buying. You probably already have a set of colored cubes from some other game. (Even Ticket to Ride trains would work.)

It should be spelt B-O-R-E-D

Attached: norm saves the thread.jpg (480x360, 15K)

>Azul will become like Go or Chess. Centuries from now people will still be playing it.
No. Chess is a much more complex game. It's a distilled miniatures wargame, so it doesn't fit with the rest of the "abstract boardgame" crowd which are all variations of the connect-N theme.

Go is connect-N made as complex as possible while still being connect-N.

What's the point of Azul? (Besides the pretty components, that is.)

> I'd order a glass of vodka and play a round of Durak.

Durak is not a drinking game, it's a family game parents play with kids. (Or a filler game you play with strangers when you want to be polite.)

You can represent any state space (i.e game) as connect-N (with some limitations on what valid placements are in each state). It's just a question of how convoluted those mappings and restrictions are. Even ameritrash, if you have probabilistic state transitions instead of deterministic ones.

"Funness" comes down to various properties of those restrictions and mappings. How easily learned or intuitive they are, or the transitions between them are. Novelty goes a long way there, obviously, but nobody really has a definite formula for fun. I guess game designers try.

I drink when I play games with my family. Probably because my parents drank when they played games with me when I was a kid

>You can represent any state space (i.e game) as connect-N
That's not what I meant. The "abstract game" genre is full of games where you literally win by connecting N same-colored pieces on a hex or square grid. (With some caveats.)

Chess doesn't really fit into the "abstract game" genre as it's now defined. Chess is its own thing; closest genre category would be "area control".

>I drink when I play games with my family.
Yuck.

Hi guys, I have a request. I remember this game from a long time ago that had this tower that could shine either a red or blue light on the board which cause humans on the board to switch to werewolves and vice-versa. I have been trying to remember what the game was called but my memory is absolute shit. Does anyone know of this game?

Vampire Hunter?
boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/3529/vampire-hunter

>plug "board game blue red light tower"
>get immediately

Attached: 1436387839056.gif (800x450, 519K)

I don't know why Google wasn't helping me much with finding it, but that is it. Thanks.

>which are not scale compatible with other warhammer
What? Of course they are, they even have rules for use in AoS.

>the "abstract game" genre as it's now defined

please don't let marketing be what determines definitions, for you or anyone else

>yuck
some puritans in penal Australia probably would've done us some good

If you've played TCGs for long enough, yes! I played a 5P game a couple weeks ago with two people who had never played it before (but are very familiar with TCGs) along with a sixth person who observed the second also familiar with TCGs, and both of the players who never played and the observer had both loved the game. Setup and teardown is an absolute nightmare however
Yes, and TtR is a worker placement game

> "I'm a zombie who gets all his opinions from BGG"
Might as well eat last week's refuse from the pig trough.

BGG is shit, especially as a taxonomy source.

Use your own brain instead.

>being this neurotypical that xhe still can't comprehend the meta of /bgg/ humour
Sometimes I feel sad for (You)

You're right. I don't understand autist humor and never wanted to. If it ever comes to that, just shoot me immediately.

Why is my pin gone from the Zeemap? Did it get refreshed sometime?

A while back, some dick-wad went in and removed all the pins that were on the map.

>tfw indulged myself and I have to figure out how I can introduce the new games I got without looking stupid

Attached: 1488752637486.png (550x512, 176K)

On time for a change....

Why would introducing new games ever make you look stupid? (Unless those new games were Munchkin and Monopoly....)

Hell, I'm really pleased. I normally bring all the games, but yesterday one of the other players brought a new game. It was nice to see the group branching out and not just relying on me to always bring the games.

I bought two games in one go and Im not that rich, nor are we really finished with the games we have.

Well, if you're still getting good fun out of your current games, then the really good news is that you have more fun to look forward to once those games have been 'played out'.

What do you like about seasons?

The draft at the beginning, play for the rest uses drafting well in a time I feel like lots of drafting games opt for just a "drafting is the game". It's not hard to explain, a good amount of depth. I always feel like everyone finds a weird way to combo cards. The dice add a nice random element but there's a pile of abilities they give you at an increasing cost of end game points to negate just getting stuck with bad luck or not having thought far enough ahead. There's a nice push of wanting to draw more cards because everything is usually worth something but having to manage if you'll be able to play then before the end. Not too long it short and I think it works well at all player counts, even if 3 is the best count.

Why are Splotter Spellen games so damn hard to get. Is there like some decent PnP version of Food chain magnate? Cause i really don't want to spend 120 bucks on that.

I'm deeply distressed that my IRL group is not as anime as /bgg/ has become.

Yeah, not being able to table loli hitler distresses me

Attached: Monodrones_march_by_Adam_Rex.jpg (1611x1132, 552K)

No one is as anime as /bgg/ irl!

I think the user making all the anime OP images just might be.

I post anime girls but nobody shall ever know in real life that i know about it

Attached: 1501244645650.png (295x196, 74K)

Are there any games that you would recommend that do what Shadespire does better?

I'm with you, one got so many shrink wrap games and no time to learn them.

People in my group expect you to know and have played games you bring, they have other gaming avenues or crowds to try out games on. Some of them only okay the same 6 games they've had for years. When you show up and kind of know how to play but haven't really put it together it sucks to fumble with the rule book and be like uh, and there is something with that, I, uh know I read it...

First plays are almost always rough unless you invest some time and as often as not I'll bone up on a game then not play it for three weeks and fumble when I try to teach.

The irony is the guy who is most butt blasted about people not being able to teach perfectly is the one who always gets the rules wrong to every game no matter what.

/blog

>nor are we really finished with the games we have.
Man we cycle games and players like mad. I don't think I've ever played the same thing with the same people on different nights.

You need to lead the normies by example

Thats not really the problem. If someone brings a game with only a vague understanding we're okay with just learning as we go. Usually halfway the game do we realize whats going on exactly and sometimes get things wrong. Like iwth lords of waterdeep we didnt give intrigue pawns a second turn.

I like playing a game many times so I get good at it. Sure after about 2 or 3 games you start to have a strategy, but its around game 5 that you might go for an oddball strategy. For example Im still waiting for a game of viticulture where I go for early tasting room and a cheap wine. But playing viticulture and getting the cards required for this hasnt happened yet.
Or 7wonders where I know most of the cards and you can start minmaxing by knowing which cards link into which other cards and which cards you are missing because people buried them.

I'd rather break it up by genres and purpose. But if there's one game I have gotten a ton of play and enjoyment out of over the years, it's Puerto Rico.

For heavy two players, Twilight Struggle. Grand civ builder, Nations. Stressful fun, Space Alert. Deck builders, Legendary Marvel. Strategy and war, Kemet. Filler, Coloretto & Geschenkt. With my parents, Hanabi.

I guess Gloomhaven at $120-ish or whatever it went for?

I really haven't done this to any noteworthy extent. Started painting some Descent minis (posted one in WIP) for practice so I can move onto the games I actually play with some confidence and I intend to sleeve Legendary & Sentinels eventually. There's some foamcore lying around for insert purposes, but it hasn't been used.

>Go is connect-N made as complex as possible while still being connect-N.
Nice shitposting

>more anzu content
I like you OP; thanks for baking so I didn't have to work

You've got me shocked and awed, senpai.

>Absolute #1 favorite boardgame?

Hard to judge. Millennium Blades is the one that I find most entertaining at the moment, but I don't know if I've played it enough to be sure it'll stay that way, so I suppose I'll say Twilight Struggle.

>What is the most you've paid for a single game?

Millennium Blades cost me quite a lot, partly because I impulse bought it from my FLGS. So far, it seems like it was worth it. Don't remember exactly how much. More than £60, less than £100, can't really be any more specific than that with any confidence.

Probably Ankh Morpork
Real life? £54 for Star Trek: Fleet Captains
Kickstarter? £90 for Ghostbusters
I got sleeves and heart-shaped beads for Love Letter

I don't know if it's well known around here (I think I saw a couple of post before), but I'm having a blast with Paper Tales.
My first play was a disaster with my group and I was scared it wouldn't get a second chance. However once you understand how the mechanics work and start to build decent combos it's a blast. The age mechanic is crazy. Money is hard to get and buildings are a pain in the ass to properly set up, but after a few plays it will click enough for your mind to deal with all those tense conditions.
2, 3 or 4 players, it's still interesting if your opponents know what they are doing. I really love how you can put aside a card after the draft to surprise everybody with a masterful combo in the next turns.
I'm really excited for the expansion, but I do wonder if playing up to 7 players won't hurt the game by making you too powerless during the drafts.

Attached: paper tales box.png (345x500, 224K)

How do you play Paper Tales? Like what kind of game is it?

Too fiddly for solo?

Attached: header-SS[1].jpg (1000x400, 116K)

Though choice I would say Aeon's End, but only because I didn't play enough of Vast to feel legitimate putting it on top.

150€ for Zombicide Black Plague, but it came with an expansion. Maybe Descent then.

I painted all my miniatures for Descent and 2 expansions, I bought some box to organize the game to. But I have the project to build an insert for Arkham Horror LCG and Aeon's End so it may change soon.
Oh! I forgot I magnetized most of my imperial ship in X-Wing, bought a fishing box to organize everything and my gf painted some of them.

It's like 7 wonders except you only have one kind of cards: units. These units may bring you ressources or money.
One age is made of 6 differents phase during which effects can give you points, money, or more attack depending of the card you played. Once you played 4 ages it's over.
These phases are :
1- Drafting the units
2 - Putting them in front of you (Depending on your space available and the cost of the units) and keeping one aside for next age
3- War with your neighboors just like 7wonders
4- Get some money depending on your set up
5- Build or upgrade a building (It gets more and more expensive but it's vital for combos)
6- Death and aging of the units
The twist is that at the 6th phase all of your units age and will most likely die during the next turn. However you can use some effects to greatly benefit from those aging token on your battlefield.
When you start, the 5th building phase is hard to play efficiently because you'll blow your money on buildings that may not pay off, and it will leave you with not enough cash for deployement during the next age. You really need at least one upgraded building though, because it will give you one more spot for deployement.

It is based on a japanese game called Vorpals for info.

I played it. It's... Quite random, way more than X-Wing. Plus it's GW, so they will probably screw up in the near future.

The game is "fun" but don't take it to seriously.

>you only have one kind of cards: units
*You onky draft one kind of cards. Every player has the same pool of building available at any time.

TY user it sounds like something my group would like too.

Solo is the best way to play fiddly games

I know Shadespire uses dice but is there any dice mitigation at your disposal?

Very little, there is 2 symboles on the dice which represent being help by 1 or 2 ally, i think you can take defensive position too.
You also have 2 decks of cards with no meaningfull means to manipulate to add random

It sounds like if it was sold for half of msrp, it'd be worth it but not for $50-$60, correct?

I love this game!
The ageing mecanic is great and keep you on the edge, you have to adapt and know that your strategy will not work for ever.
Plus the game is only 4 turns so it's really quick.
The only problem is that fucking owl. A turn 1 relic forces your neighbors to hate draft you.

The problem is that it is a beer and pretzel game trying to pass for a tournament game. If this is your first "competitive game" (as in, with a tournament scene and leagues, like x-wing) or you have some friend with whom you like to push plastic and roll dice, go for it, it's way shorter and more enjoyable than most miniature wargames. But if you want a deep boardgame, this is not it.

Either way Time arena is cheaper, quicker and more fun.

I have tried Hanamikoji and Lost Cities near-simultaneously and Hanamikoji is such an outstanding game filled with clever mechanics and non stop tension that I can't stop playing it. I'm gonna get Shadows of Kyoto on the strength of it alone despite it obviously having shit components (other than Geisha meeples). Great, fantastic game. Best card game I've ever played and I've played Hanabi.

Lost Cities on the other hand is good but feels very simple in comparison. Good card chucker but I'll play it more and see if I notice any deeper strategy and decision making issues.

Attached: 1488956731812.jpg (2102x3000, 1.16M)

Now that the dust has settled, what is the consensus on BOHNANZA?

Attached: pic69366.jpg (451x630, 72K)

>Boxart
It's a travesty from the past, mass market shit tier game. Low effort trolling.
>Uwe
Nevermind, it's a masterpiece. A mastercraft; elegant design choices and perfectly balanced.

Haven't played it and the art looks disgusting, but since it's Uwe i'm willing to give it a try. What's the game like?

Thanks user, appreciate the opinion

For me personally it captures the feeling I get from playing Puerto Rico with players rushing to different markets but it also involves trading and
negotiation during the trading phase.
The ''you have to plant every time it is your turn'' rules fucks your games up and makes it really challenging.
Probably one of the best party games I've played.

>no one sells time arena in the US

It's not a game for advocates of Ameritrash. You would end up shooting each other.

New Angeles.

$180 for Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit, +$14 shipping.

I bought the Daedalus Productions Eldritch Horror insert, the one that accommodates the base + Forsaken Lore and Mountains of Madness. Took a good bit of work assembling it. That's going to be eclipsed though: I've got Imperial Assault with the Broken Token organizer, and I'm sleeving the whole core set this week (I still have Eldritch Horror unsleeved). I might eventually even paint my IA mans.

The relic hasn't been a problem for us so far.
The first time someone tried it it failed completely so people didn't care about it for the most part. Last time I did have a great play involving it but we still let it get discard on turn 1 regurlary.

>hear good things about Spirit Island
>NINETY BUCKS
What the FUCK? Is the board made of solid gold?

Attached: 1343063942848.png (640x480, 280K)

So I absolutely love New Angeles. But I'm trying to figure out sort of broad strategy tips for it. Obviously that's hard to do with this kind of game because there are always going to be exceptions and the rival cards can always throw everything for a loop, but still.

I've found some broad strokes on BGG, where Jinteki and HB like to work together since HB gets paid when the androids move, Jinteki can win deals by moving androids, and Jinteki also clears illness which makes it easier for the androids to move, while NBN and Weyland can align a bit since they both specialize in fixing districts and keeping them online, which is only really helpful if you're going to have the androids stay put.

I feel like Jinteki and NBN also have some affinity though, since NBN gets biotech cards and Jinteki can profit from pushing them through (giving NBN the asset), and HB and Weyland have something similar. Globalsec and Melange can just sort of wheel and deal with whoever based on the situation, but Globalsec can get NBN's help on its media cards and Weyland can butter up Globalsec with the occasional security. There are more dimensions of natural alliances than some of the existing strategy discussions indicate. Not to mention everyone wants to keep Jinteki moderately happy, since they need illness clear to do their own things without increasing threat.

The odd man out of course is Melange, who wants to get everybody to help him with keeping the events tapped down, but I feel like that goes deeper than at least BGG's strategy threads would suggest. I think Melange ONLY cares about the event deck. Production doesn't matter to him except as it pertains to his investment -- if the event deck is kept religiously under control, demand failures can't max threat on their own. Melange might want to draw biotech from time to time, but I feel like if HB is at the table Melange should never touch labor --- con-sec-med seems almost like the objectively correct draw.

Attached: new angeles.jpg (2113x2112, 486K)

had just a horrible game night.

I think I might stop going, it's a net negative transaction more often than not these days and it's only getting worse.

I'd honestly like to hear more about your night. I'd like to know what i can do to help people have fun, and knowing how things fail is a gigantic step to learning how to fix them.

Douchebag friends? Bad atmosphere? Jilted Ex still plays?

I wish I had more chances to play this game and develop some strong strategies of my own. What usually gets me thinking the most is the strategy of the federalist. I read that in some groups, the fed wins a lot of the time, but with my group, out of maybe 5-6 games we have only had one fed win (myself). That game I just had to try my best to convince everyone that this isn't a cooperative game and that only money matters, to get them to vote for things and fail some demands/events. Then at the very end try your best to twist some shit up and hope they can't recover.

I managed to convince them to make me do the androids movement to win the demand, but then I twisted it and moved the androids to useless places. The other guys gave up with only a couple turns left because apparently I fucked them up so bad they determined there was no way they could fix the city in time to score the demand.

Melange definitely wants to play nice with NBN, Weyland, and Globalsec, but I feel like it gains very little from interacting with HB, and it only wants Jinteki's help to enable the others.

I think anyone with Melange as their rival needs to focus on making sure the events produce threat -- and that's a tough situation to be in, since you look like the federalist. Having Melange as rival means you need to push for meeting demand all three times and divert effort from the events as much as possible -- tactically voting against things that would save events early on (with whatever rationale you can summon for the other offer) is good since the threat gained will add pressure to meet demand.

Jinteki's a hard rival too, since everybody wants illness under control, and that gives him tons of cash. You have to let him work a bit or the city goes to hell, but you can't let him just run away with it.

I feel like Jinteki is very powerful in a very obvious way, while Melange is also very strong in a way that requires a bit more skill to exploit. NBN's stuck with a weak contract because unrest is very low priority for everyone else, and should never vote for anything that doesn't trigger his contract or play to his investment without demanding capital in exchange (and he should do that anyways if he can get away with it).

I know the feeling. When I started going it was a nice mix of casual classics and every so often something more meaty and deep. Nowadays everyone has been bitten by the cult of the new, we rarely ever replay a game more than once. Worse yet all these new games feel like they're just trying to show off how much plastic they have. I couldn't stand to keep going once Rising Sun became their new love for all of 2 weeks.

The fed wins more if the players are less experienced. Even a newbie fed will likely win if the rest of the table is newbies.

Demand looks scary because of the size of the threat gain, but the real killer is the events. If you aren't actively working to mitigate the events you'll gain 3.5 threat per event on average. That'll put you to 21 threat by round 6, and if you fail demand even once, that's game.

Whereas if the table in general is constantly policing events, they can ignore demand entirely, but it's safer to hit it at least once. Of course, if anyone has Melange as a rival, they're not going to be happy about that one bit, and HB is going to be annoyed that nobody cares about the androids too.

I won my first game of New Angeles as HB Federalist, and I won exactly two deals all game. Nobody would listen to anything I said, until round 6 came and our only hope to survive was to meet demand, so I played Labor Solutions and insisted that it was our only way to survive (it was). So nobody opposed it.

I immediately sent all three androids to illness districts we didn't need, putting us to 24 threat. So now failing demand would tank the game, and moving the androids again to meet demand would IMMEDIATELY tank the game to illness (since there was only enough time left to meet demand via Labor Solutions, not Efficiency Experts, and not enough time to clear illness AND play Labor Solutions). Laughed maniacally the whole time. They all played it out anyway.

You guys heard of pacosako.com . Nice chess variant. More fun than chess, even for beginners. Pieces are way too expensive, though. 45 euros for fancy cheap plastic!

If I want friendship and collaboration in a game with no variance, I'll play Diplomacy.

the relevant thing to you would be: if a drunk guy, kids, or a group are ruining everyone's evening but most people are too fucking nice to say, "I actually don't want to spend 3 hours gaming with an 8 year old dumped here by his parent". Have a fucking spine and take care of issues that are affecting the reason people come to your store in the first place.

I could blog on about that guy and idiots who can't even explain a basic turn in a game but it's not relevant.

I regret not getting up and just leaving in the middle of Virus. I could have gotten two hours of my life back.

just play monochrome chess. it's free or costs you an extra set if you're particular.

Have you actually ever played Go, or are you just blindly rushing to defend m'lady Japan's weeb honor?

Go is a connecting game, like Connect 4, or Hex, or Gomoku.

The difference is that in Go you need to make loops, not lines. But this difference is actually minor.

(The interesting parts of Go are the stupid corner cases not intended by the rules -- like seki and ko. But this is just accidental complexity due to holes in the rules.)

Yeah, or I just play the variant with regular pieces lol.

Btw, it pays being way more aggressive here wrt piece movement and activity. White has a huge turn 1 advantage. Still the game is being balanced, so eh.

Oh and pic related

Attached: IMG-20180327-WA0002.jpg (4128x2322, 674K)

>What is your absolute favorite #1 boardgame?
Toss-up between A Distant Plain and Agricola. Can't tell if I'm just bitter that I don't get to play ADP much at all so I idolize it.

>Most paid for a single game
TI3 at 100 dollars.

>Most work put into tricking out a game.
X-Wing miniatures where I bought carrying cases and special maps and whatnot. If we don't include miniatures, then that would be tackle boxes I bought to sort tokens for Android.

/bgg/, I bought Apocrypha: The World without knowing anything about it because I liked the art and I was hoping for a good co-op adventure game that wasn't Arkham Horror Card Game or Pathfinder. Haven't played it yet. How much of a mistake did I make?