magicseteditor.sourceforge.net/
>OR
>Mobile users might have an easier time signing up here:
mtg.design/

>Stitch cards together with
old.photojoiner.net/

>Hi-Res MSE Templates
pastebin.com/Mph6u6WY

>Mechanics doc (For the making of color pie appropriate cards)
docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgaKCOzyqM48dFdKRXpxTDRJelRGWVZabFhUU0RMcEE

>Color Pie mechanics
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/mechanical-color-pie-2017-2017-06-05

>Read this before you post cards for the first time, or as a refresher for returning cardmakers
docs.google.com/document/d/1Jn1J1Mj-EvxMxca8aSRBDj766rSN8oSQgLMOXs10BUM

>Design articles by Wizards
pastebin.com/Ly8pw7BR

>Primer: NWO and Redflagging
mtgsalvation.com/forums/community-forums/creativity/custom-card-creation/578926-primer-nwo-redflagging

>Q: Can there be a sixth color?
A: pastebin.com/kNAgwj7i

>Q: What's the difference between multicolor and hybrid?
A: pastebin.com/yBnGki1C

>Q: What is precedence?
A: pastebin.com/pGxMLwc7

>Do we really need all these Art Sources?
artstation.com/
drawcrowd.com/
fantasygallery.net/
grognard.booru.org/
fantasy-art-engine.tumblr.com/

>/ccg/ sets (completed and in development)
pastebin.com/hsVAbnMj

OT:

Attached: Magic Primer v3 (+1).png (1401x1660, 2.14M)

Attached: Aduns Oakenshield.png (375x523, 239K)

Seems OK.

Attached: Talia al Ghul Demons Heir.jpg (375x523, 49K)

Does it work?

Attached: Defy Fate.jpg (375x523, 43K)

Reposting these to see if there's any interest.

What about things that make you lose instead, like Door to Nothingness? Also this being an enchantment is really funky; I figured it would be an instant the first time I read it. It really feels more like an instant to me. As to whether it works or not... I can't say. I feel like it'd be simpler to say "Spells and abilities players control can't cause them to win the game." and leave it at that. I feel like it's narrow enough that it doesn't need to fiddle with extra turns and such. It's basically sideboard hate against nonstandard wincons, and hate cards against strats like that often cost 2.

Every time I see this I think of how much of a tard Bruce Wayne is for not shacking up with her and setting her straight with some lawful good dickings. Silly bastard. Card seems fine though the recursion is a bit odd. I'm guessing Lazarus Pit?

Attached: invoker cycle.jpg (1875x523, 384K)

>Every time I see this I think of how much of a tard Bruce Wayne is for not shacking up with her and setting her straight with some lawful good dickings. Silly bastard.
Dat Adam Hughes art. I really wish it was colored, but oh well.

>Card seems fine though the recursion is a bit odd. I'm guessing Lazarus Pit?
Thanks. And yeah, Lazarus Pit. I did the same for Ra's and Jason. Hmm, guess Nyssa Raatko would have it too, but I haven't made a card for her. Oh, maybe a Lazarus Pit card could have this as an ability? Why didn't I think of this before?

>Invokers
Still not sure what to make of these. Abilities would be cool with some setup, but that's kinda the problem, they need setup to be really good. I guess they'd do better in draft than constructed.

Attached: Ras al Ghul the Demon.jpg (375x523, 52K)

I would probably just make it a R/G enchantment that says your opponents can't win and you can't lose as long as your life total is greater than 1.
The flavor text could be something like "Your tricks don't work on me, wizard. I'm not smart enough to die that way."

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1334x1600, 228K)

I'm always nervous about costing lands. Is 3 mana and discarding two cards enough of a cost for the recursion? If not, I'll probably just change it so it fits my usual format for the legendary lands. ETB tapped, taps for colorless, then sacs for some colors of mana (BG?) for an ability.

Attached: Lazarus Pit.jpg (375x523, 43K)

If he does that, I think it would be worth it to say that it only looks at effects your opponents control. Otherwise it could be used to protect a player from his own Glorious End, which I feel kinda defeats the purpose.

Attached: Eldritch Seedling.png (375x523, 182K)

Not posting anything new.

>Abilities would be cool with some setup, but that's kinda the problem, they need setup to be really good. I guess they'd do better in draft than constructed.
That was the idea, and why they have higher power ceilings than the common Invoker cycles, as well as why they are uncommon to begin with. You don't need them to show up with common frequency because they are meant to workhorse. Plus having a bunch of creatures in your deck with 8-cost abilities is silly. Especially since you can expect to see more than one copy of each of these in a draft but not a glut of them floating around.
>Raj
I think he's been fine for some time. I assume he's in the done folder.

Attached: Dread Transformation.png (375x523, 248K)

There are plenty of decks that could make sweet use of all that card pitching. It's a great land but I'm not sure if it's too good or not. Though I will say: picture playing it in a Madness deck. Or with Dredge.

Repeatable reanimation is a dumb thing to put on a land.

Attached: Undead Romantic.png (375x523, 252K)

Attached: Everroot Avenger.jpg (744x1039, 280K)

Doesn't need double black.

White and red not having 2/2 bothers me.

>Dread Transformation
Sounds good.
>Invoker cycle
It bothers me too, but it makes red kill itself if you use it to boost your own creatures, and two 1/1s felt a bit anemic to start. Maybe I should make red suicidal?

Already got something similar

Attached: deny.png (375x523, 240K)

Grid, sentient virus born from Cyborg's cybernetics. So the idea here is he can assimilate other mechanical items and mechanical beings and replicate them.

Guess I'll just shelve the idea and make the Pit do
>2BG, T, Sacrifice ~: Return target creature card from your graveyard to the battlefield.

I'd also add a cast trigger, a la Prized Amalgam. Not entirely sure how to cost this though. And maybe make it return a non-Zombie creature, or something else so you don't get one of these cards out then recur the other three from your graveyard.

Attached: Grid Sentient Virus.jpg (375x523, 62K)

>Ra's
Actually no. Thanks to my hard drive crash, I kinda lost track of which cards I said were finished and unfinished. So I may have actually said it was finished before then forgot after.

>card
Seems OK I think. Though it does kinda make me wonder about a Necrobite variant that just uses Indestructible instead of Regenerate.

Attached: Hiro Okamura Toyman5.jpg (375x523, 51K)

Bump.

Nyssa Raatko. For those who may have watched Arrow or played Akham Knight, this character was evil in the comics, brainwashing Talia by killing her and resurrecting her with the Lazarus Pit over and over again. So the ETB ability draws from that idea. Let me know if it's too good, and I'll change it.

Attached: Nyssa Raatko.jpg (375x523, 48K)

Attached: Battering Ogre.jpg (744x1039, 530K)

bump

Eh, I feel like Unleash with the last ability is too much. I'd cut one.

Attached: 1521339338563.jpg (750x523, 143K)

So make it a pretty much strictly worse Charging Monstrosaur?

OK then, how about
>Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, put a +1/+1 counter on it for each creature blocking it.

Attached: Wandering Soulsword.jpg (375x523, 48K)

Hmm. I was actually just looking over old cards to see what retro designs I could come up with, but this is far more retro than anything I'd ever come up with. Kinda difficult to parse at first, but pretty nice once everything's understood.

Attached: Balduvian Retribution.jpg (375x523, 54K)

Are you trying to make a cube or something?

Nope. Just an obsessive comic book fan.

Neat. I post on /co/ every once in a while, but it's really such a fuckin' shithole I just left. Far too positive a board and the rampant manchildren on it drive me nuts.

P.S. I made some too, but they're just proxies of existing cards.

Attached: Screenshot_41.png (694x959, 1.24M)

Yeah, haven't been on /co/ forever myself. Don't even really read comics much anymore honestly. The current trends just don't interest me.

As for cards, you could just do reprints with CO art. I've done that a few times too.

Attached: Heros Downfall R.1.jpg (375x523, 48K)

Lose unleash and increase the bonus to +2/+0.

This will hardly come into play. Your opponent would throw enough creatures at it to kill because chumping is pointless again trample.

Attached: Tibalts Gambit.png (375x523, 310K)

Could be buffed a little. Making this cost 1GW wouldn't be a stretch, or giving it an etb ability.

Attached: hellhounds.jpg (750x523, 149K)

Undying and Unleash on the same creature is a bit unintuitive.

Attached: Grog.jpg (744x1039, 171K)

The last line is kinda useless, as funny as it is. Would probably be better as flavour text.

Attached: Bismuth Massif.png (375x523, 269K)

You do know that you can cast Auras on creatures you don't control, right?

Bump

Attached: Sunfire Phoenix.jpg (744x1039, 295K)

Attached: Resilient Mycoderm.png (375x523, 284K)

I don't think this combos with Undying because the creature ETB with the counter on it, not placed on it.

It won't combo.
Change the "when put on" trigger to a, "When ~ dies, draw a card for each +1/+1 counter on it."
or to an ebt that counts it counters.

Not sure about this. Recursion is nice, but staying at 5 life or less sucks, which is kinda why people didn't like Fateful Hour.

Attached: Copper Astrolabe.jpg (375x523, 48K)

Bump

remove the discount and make it a kicker
also imbalanced counters arent a thing any more

this is broken as all hell

haterocks
i like it

too good.
coldsteel heart is your benchmark for 2cmc rocks and you're way stronger

Wasn't sure to make it 2 or 3. Guess I'll have to make it 3 then.

bump with my shitty oc, dubs gets to write out the flavor text because I'm an uncreative idiot.

Attached: synapseElemental.png (744x1039, 1.12M)

Meh, just have it check how many spells you cast this turn.

>"You have to have at least two brain cells in order to rub them together, but I bet you don't even have that many. If you did, you would know what happens when they interact: you see, thoughts are electrical impulses being sent between neurons, and when this elemental gets thinking, it's going to give you quite the shock. It will also be shocking since it will be the first time you've ever interacted with a thought, because you are dumb and I am smart."
-Jace Beleren

or

>It takes two to make a spark.

Attached: World of Tyranny.png (375x523, 285K)

>121.6. Some spells and abilities refer to counters being put on an object. This refers to putting counters on that object while it’s on the battlefield and also to an object that’s given counters as it enters the battlefield.
See also the ruling for Flourishing Defenses
>5/1/2008: This ability triggers both when a -1/-1 counter is put on a creature on the battlefield and when a creature enters the battlefield with a -1/-1 counter on it. This includes when a creature returns to the battlefield as a result of persist.

Attached: The Story Continues.png (375x523, 273K)

I swear G got counter manipulation like this in Amonkhet.

Thanks, good to know.

Tapped trilands are already plenty good. You don't need to make better ones.

That lets you chain creature spells, which seems to be the opposite intent.

Attached: Purity.jpg (750x523, 139K)

Attached: Blue Book.jpg (375x523, 38K)

Attached: Burning Thoughts.jpg (375x523, 47K)

Attached: Calamitous Counterweight.jpg (375x523, 37K)

A new keyword, but I'm not sure if it even works as written.

Attached: Inspirational Frog.jpg (375x523, 43K)

Another new keyword.

Attached: Necrotic Influx.jpg (375x523, 39K)

Two new keywords, but they're more about flavor and about different creature interactions than new territory like the others.

Attached: Regulated Troops.jpg (375x523, 38K)

This is definitely a R effect, judging from how we have lore counter interaction in R already being printed in the next set.

Feels very clunky, and not fun to play with.

Not a blue effect, but a cute card.
Needs a type line that says it's always revealed while in a player's hand.

Both of these feel a bit too strong at just 6 mana, mainly due to their CMC. You could make them 6C and 6/6s to keep the goofy symmetry.

Attached: CG20 Mist of the Malahn.jpg (375x523, 43K)

I guess it works if you have a lot of creatures with Vigilance. Making it sorc-speed really kills a lot of the potential here. I guess the other use would be to block, but then you could just use one of the existing cards that prevents combat damage to you.

>Purity of Form
Hmm, I should finish Hyper Light Drifter.

Last ability requires it to be silver border. Check out X from Unstable for help.

Probably not.

Avarice is BR.

Attached: The Neverending Story.png (375x523, 217K)

Attached: Infectious Personality.jpg (375x523, 35K)

Here's a dumb One With Nothing-style usually-useless combo piece.

Attached: Hidden Insanity.jpg (375x523, 32K)

Is this written right?

Attached: Share the Wealth.jpg (375x523, 35K)

We can always use more Moxes.

Attached: Mirror Mox.jpg (375x523, 35K)

We can always use more Lotuses.

Attached: Stone Lotus.jpg (375x523, 41K)

Would this actually be useful as a combo piece?

Attached: Sacrificial Thrull.jpg (375x523, 37K)

Emerge.

I just don't know about this. Free mana rocks can be dangerous, but it also gets worse as the game goes on. I guess it would be used to help in the first few turns before the player gets their basic lands out.

Some boros stuff. (the color combination, not the legion(except maybe the angel))

Attached: boros.jpg (2976x1039, 1.71M)

Cool to see Wizards do the exchange life with power thing with that spoiled card from Dominaria, though I am kinda surprised it's W.

>Knight of the Phoenix
Looks good to me.

>Sunfire Phoenix
Still not entirely sure about this.
>art
Is that a bearded vulture?

>Retaliator Angel
When I typed "Retaliator," underlined it in red, so I thought I spelled it wrong. I decided to Google to make sure it's correct, and the first result was a bunch of Nerf stuff. Kinda funny. Anyway, ability seems alright.

>Sunfire Dragon
Still looks good. Just remove the flavor text. This joke text kinda sucks.

Attached: Lifeflame Phoenix2.jpg (375x523, 48K)

>Is that a bearded vulture?
Nevermind, I found it. And I was right!

Thanks!
>retaliator
There's pic related so I think it's fine.

Attached: retaliator griffin.jpg (312x445, 71K)

I just thought the Nerf thing was funny, since Wizards is owned by Hasbro, and Hasbro owns Nerf. I actually wish they did more cards that referenced Hasbro stuff.

>Human
>Elemental
>Vampire
>Merfolk
>Human again
Flavor fail. Make Wildwill an Elf.

as written, both cards die in combat unless you pump
is this intentional?

this is broken as fuck dude
"faithless looting, discard your hand"

legacy playable, probably stronger than current moxes desu

Good call. I made her first so I hadn't decided to do characteristic creatures yet. I'll swap the art.

Changed the first ability, but I can't decide between this one and the previous ability, which was just pingstrike for 3.

Attached: Lara Croft Tomb Raider2.jpg (375x523, 58K)

Oh shit, forgot to add Rogue type.

Would some kind of reverse dredge mechanic be too broken? Something that either mills the opponent as a cost or returns cards from the GY to your deck as a cost

I just thought of this: what about having her either ping two creatures for 1 or defending player for 2?

Here's one for the 2013 reboot. Not a fan honestly.

Seems like an odd choice. Besides, the ability's main purpose is to clear blockers to get combat damage through for the second ability.

Attached: Lara Croft 2013.jpg (375x523, 54K)

Oh, not intentional, oops. Needs a clause to negate combat damage to both.

Why "opponent controls"?

*shrug* Wizards seems to be using it more now, so I thought I would too.

jotun grunt did this iirc