>5e Trove
rpg.rem.uz/Dungeons & Dragons/D&D 5th Edition/

>5etools
5etools.com
Stable releases - get.5e.tools/

>Resources
pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>Previously on /5eg/:
Have your character ever married a queen, or a king? What about a princess? Have your character ever BECOME a king or a queen?

Attached: 1516815422777.jpg (704x1400, 546K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZHzEjiHvtDItZE2ixfoYwqi7brTO-ag8uBJndE5saro/edit
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You did good OP.

Not quite royalty, but my previous characters backstory involved being a soldier that married a noble woman who had been acting as an ambassador. Current character is their daughter.

Thanks OP, you too.

My party founded a city-state on an artificially-created island off the coast of the continent for demihumans after discovering how discriminatory most of the countries were. So, kind of?

Should have become an empire-conquering nation that spread democracy and equality to all. Not saying this cause muh SJWs but because it's actually a morally justified world-scale objective

Do this but also kill all the gods considering there can be no fair world unless humanoids stop being influenced by cosmic forces that try to manipulate them

Sixth for Glasya

Attached: Glasya2.jpg (200x296, 23K)

But this is the 7th post user

>when you build your character for jungle exploration in a jungle exploration game only for the GM to make so many house rules on the spot that the dwarf who spent all his life in a dwarf city doing dwarf things is a better explorer than you

fucking why

why pick a game like 5e with pretty decent rules about outdoor stuff if you just base everything off perception to spot trees with food on them and strength checks to shake them off

Attached: VFBzC88.gif (500x246, 661K)

What book do you want them to announce next?

Eberron Campaign Setting, with it added to the DM's Guild so the setting's author could write a bunch of little supplements after.

How much material is needed for/can fit in the average oneshot?

Attached: pocket_blossoms_by_gannadene-daznuvw.png (1500x1000, 140K)

Does the DM know that there's a skill for survival?

One that the game has an entire class more or less built around, thematically?

The Lord of Blade's Book of WAR.

I mean, he must, because he wanted to 'approve character sheets' and I'm the type of guy who types up my abilities on the sheet, but I just don't get the point

Tales from the Yawning Portal Vol II
Ravenloft Campaign Setting

What's your general opinion on this guys?

docs.google.com/document/d/1ZHzEjiHvtDItZE2ixfoYwqi7brTO-ag8uBJndE5saro/edit

Any blatantly deluded spell ratings? I'm not saying that it completely changed my worldview as a Wizard, but it did make me re-think some of my substandard spell choices (i.e. having Hold Person and Cloud of Daggers in my prepared spell list).

Is there something like this (all spells rated for)

>Druid?

>Cleric?

This.

I also want them to actually announce the Spelljammer books instead of just hinting at them with a whole "maybe we will maybe we won't, you'll just have to see if us putting Spelljammer enemies in MToF actually means anything"

Pretty good. just grab a good random encounter generator, toss a bunch of AL adventures in as quests or on a "job board" until a plot gets rolling, and have a good random town generator (made my own).

Just watch out that out of tier adventures are very hard for lower levelled parties. Same goes for encounters.

Attached: saupload_shutterstock_169942937_mini_thumb2.jpg (300x191, 8K)

Just created my first DnD char.

A High Elf Wizard (fuck Gnomes sorry)

Rolled up the stats and had a shitton of luck. I am basically "Thad Chundercock".

Backstory wise the char is a Lawful Evil mage surpremacist. In the short run he wants money and opportunities to study spells. In the long run he is working towards establishing a Magocracy. He actually takes the lawful part serious and respects the letter of the law. He bends laws as far as he can but he wouldn't break it.

Three to four combat/puzzle encounters. Give or take a couple mooks.

Crrrrrringe

>Tales from the Yawning Portal Vol II
I'd hope for Descent into the Depths of the Earth, and Queen of the Demonweb pits, to complete what Against the Giants started. Oh, and Expedition to Barrier Peaks.

Attached: drow_priestess_by_seraph777-dabsnwe.jpg (1024x1487, 142K)

Maybe talk to your DM? I mean why even bother with creating a thematically appropiate Char when he subverts all the expectations with house rules.

I mean without proper outdoor knowledge just shacking some trees is probably a dumb idea...

Spelljammer

Have you tried talking with your DM? Just be forthright, say how you built your character around exploration and that the way he's handling it is making your abilities useless, and as such, is also hurting your enjoyment of his games. Most sensible people will hear you if you make a decent argument.

>First character ever
>Lawful Evil
My That Guy senses are tingling.

Attached: Polish minister of defense.jpg (174x321, 11K)

>first DnD char

I have played other stuff you know? DnD is not that big in my country.

They mostly play FATAL in Edgistan, right?

Why jump ship?

>First dnd game I ever play one of the players is a chaotic neutral rogue who steals from the party and takes treasure without telling the rest of the party about it.
>Second dnd game I play one of the players is a chaotic neutral rogue who is a bitch to the rest of the party and wants to be the main character so they get all pissy when their character fails a roll.
>Third dnd game I play one of the players is a chaotic "good" rogue who constantly argues with the dm about how sneak attack works and talks about how good his "build" is.

What is it about rogues that attracts these people.

Attached: meme.png (412x618, 244K)

>fuck Gnomes
Hear hear

>Edgistan

Why the effort? I mean tf what drives you? I am not even harming you I am just excited to play DnD because I like the game and I am a DM mostly.

Maybe they really like the color red and can't spell

>the past four sessions have been one continuous dungeon crawl
>all to secure a wanted criminal
>one of us fucking dies
>when we catch up to him the majority of the party votes to let him go because he said he didnt do it

Attached: 378391543.png (500x500, 140K)

Don't listen to them, I for one hope you have fun.

Did he say that in a zone of truth at least? I mean, you can still make your save and lie, but there is a chance that it worked.

Greyhawk and most other material planes campaign settings since they're already involving Mordenkainen into 5e

As long as you've had some tabletop experience then you'll probably be fine. Here in America D&D is so big that even a person who don't know what a role-playing game is will still recognize the brand name.

I run open game sessions at my LGS and a good 15% of new players always try and choose LE or CN because they think it means they can do whatever they want and be a dick to everyone, if you don't do that then I think you'll be fine.

Upon leveling up you can switch known spells of the same level.
Does this apply to cantrips, too? I never used one of the three I know and would like to change it.

Best subclass for Sorcerer to have fun?

Right now I'm conflicted between Shadow, Sea and Dragon.

Hopefully there is a chapter with a quick rundown on different settings in Tome of Foes.

Attached: pic unrelated.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Storm, and buy a boat.

Not all spellcasting classes can swap out spells upon leveling, make sure you double check.
For classes that can, the swapped out spell doesn't have to be the same level. A level 19 sorcerer couls swap out magic missile for wish, or vice versa.

RAW you cannot swap out cantrips, since the book says it must be a spell you have spell slots for, and you do not have spell slots for cantrips. Ask your DM if you want to.

You really think someone would do that? Just go into a dungeon and tell lies?

Ah I guessed right. I'm a noob so hopefully he will have mercy on me.

Any good DM should let you shuffle unused cantrips, even just between adventures. You are there to have fun, not debate the difficulty in learning a new pitch (as an analogy)

Attached: 640px-Noah_Syndergaard_(20697486276).jpg (640x454, 69K)

Wizard

>Thad Chundercock
You are aware "chunder" is another word for vomit, right?

>wizards have fun

Attached: d21.jpg (600x538, 55K)

Wild magic is fun if you get your dm to let you roll for surge after casting every spell of 1st level or higher.

Immortality is pretty fun

At university, whenever someone puked, everyone on the residence floor would start singing the start of ACDC's Thunderstruck, as Chunderstruck of course.

Liches are the opposite of immortal. They're like, counter-mortal. Latrom.

>liches
Clone doesn't make you a lich

Aussies fuck off.

Doesn't Thunderstruck just start with a long guitar solo?

Is chunder supposed to be an Aussie thing? I'm American and I've heard it plenty.

I assume he means ahhahhahhahhahhh THUNDER ahhahhahhahhahhh THUNDER

Anyone have any ideas on how to do a secular paladin?
My current idea is a paladin who will help anybody fulfill any wish, good or bad, lawful or chaotic, as long as it is something within his ability to do so.
>Oath of Devotion
Seems like I can refluff every tenet to be about the promises I'm currently working on, in first come first serve fashion. No double agent work to kill both requestees on account of each other.

>Oath of the Ancients
Skip? It doesn't seem to be about what I want.

>Oath of Vengeance
Seems like it could work, but I have no idea how to deal with the fluff around "Fight greater evil" and "Restitution"

>Oath of Conquest
Seems promising, but it seems more like for dealing with power struggles. Doing something like finding a cat or working towards finishing a goal and ending it there seems counterfluff.

>Oath of Redemption
Maybe.
>Peace: violence is last resort
Maybe refluff it around only killing when needed? Digging up dirt to throw some ass from his lofty court position to a street beggar without lifting my hammer seems possible.

Anyone got ideas?

Attached: 4fe3cdb0ebb229db8870df9d7c39b0fb--character-concept-character-art.jpg (658x931, 62K)

Friendly reminder that 5e has been around longer than 4e was and yet somehow that edition had four campaign settings and this edition has one.

Clone is not lichdom and you can spam it with wish to circumvent the material requirement too!\
Better yet you just keep spamming demiplane to hide the clones in a place nobody can access so zero chance of permadeath

i want 4e gnomes back

And yet our two expansion books are gr8
MToF deals with planeswalking though so maybe we'll get some setting info

more like chunder from down under amiright?

4e also spammed supplements like fucking mad. I'm honestly glad 5e is taking a more measured approach, even if it means less settings have official rules.

I'm worse
A FUCKING LEAF

Attached: 5560189372eb6b0ca560cbc8a81687a47c42455dc7fbbfcd438a67c7e409ef38.jpg (2176x1628, 173K)

What fucking expansions? Volo's Guide to Filler and SCAT?

No you fuck off. I come into this thread and some /pol/ack is complaning about aussies when we didn't even shitpost for once

You've been... CHUNDERSTRUH-HUCK

Oath of Crown, and have your DM okay an appropriate homeland for you to come from with those ideals?

Otherwise, Devotion is probably your best bet.

If you had a PC who was a noble with a wealthy background, would you allow them to write up writs of debt to pay for certain things, essentially writing checks in lieu of handing over gold pieces they might not have on them?

Specific (but hypothetical) scenario:
PC is next in line for rulership of a sizeable estate, and wants to have a small keep built for the adventuring party to settle in. It's not within their estate, but the lord over it has granted permission for the build provided our noble fund it.

Volo's Guide was great for monster race options and giving inexperienced DMs a framework to structure campaigns around particular enemies and Xanathar's was almost entirely good

>Latrom

I fucking cried laughing, I'm using this. My next lich BBEG is gonna be called Latrom de Saeced

Don't have to be /pol/ to hate aussies.

They really only flubbed up non-scout Rogue subclasses (so boring), and making Hexblade the way they did.

And what does any of that have to do with the poster who wants more fucking setting material?

4e was the best version of the Realms ever published.

5e has had the least supplementary material of any edition, period.

Dragon+ is no substitute for the old Dragon/Dungeon magazines, and the what, two adventures and an extra book a year is not the steady stream of modules and handbooks of yesteryear.

I love Sorcadin.
Sorcadin is amazing.
There is nothing that I cannot do.

The Waterdhavian Noble background could do that (sort of)

>Feature: Kept in Style. While you are in Waterdeep or elsewhere in the North, your house sees to your everyday needs. Your name and signet are sufficient to cover most of your expenses; the inns, taverns, and festhalls you frequent are glad to record your debt and send an accounting to your family's estate in Waterdeep to settle what you owe.
>This advantage enables you to live a comfortable lifestyle without having to pay 2 gp a day for it, or reduces the cost of a wealthy or aristocratic lifestyle by that amount. You may not maintain a less affluent lifestyle and use the difference as income—the benefit is a line of credit, not an actual monetary reward.

Pretty easy to reword it to work in your setting.

I saw people were posting that shitty char gen rules thing I made.

I uh, updated it, fixed it up a bit. Crazy Eights was shit so I touched it up.

Attached: 3 - Character Creation.pdf (PDF, 659K)

What book is that from? SCAG?

It's from SCAG, btw

cast leomund's tiny hut then if you're so cool

(I know everyone hates 4e, but the Neverwinter Campaign Setting is a really good book that would work super well for 5e, and the Themes in it make great specific Backgrounds.)

Got it, thank you. Sounds about like what I wanted to know.

cucksheds are not cool.

Would the various Placescape books count as new settings?

>Cuckshed
>That everyone sleeps in
That's called a house. It's called living in a house. Or a tent. Or a Winnebago.

Attached: wgohippoproject_prodthumb.png (380x175, 66K)

That guy was complaining that Volo's/SCAG/XGE were shit which is completely different to saying that he wants more planes

I did. His response is that he wants to make everyone feel useful.

Hexblade woulda been fine if it wasn't so broken when dipping desu
Wish they coulda done some revised beastmaster type option for ranger tho

It cut out Cat Mexico in favor of generic Dragonstan.

What do you mean "various books?"

Sorry, meant Plane Shift.

Thanks. I am really happy because being a GM is nice but its cool to be a player once in a while.

My thought behind picking LE:

The char is selfish and cares little about other people. He grew up as a functioning member as society.

In my book thats LE.

Basically the dude that would defend food speculation on the stock markets because it is allowed and profitable.

>58738883
The true cuckshed is forcecage, and sorcadins can't cast that either.

Your DM is truely an autist, everyone being useful != everyone being useful ALL THE FUCKING TIME

Those are basically marketing for MtG. I am pretty sure that comes out of MtG money.

I mean, they are fine and all, I like their goblin options, but marketing they remain.

Give Ghostwalk a second chance, as it basically didn't get one as one of the last things made for 3.0, coming out the month before 3.5 did.

Attached: Ghostwalk_cover.jpg (1233x1650, 244K)

No, god no. MtG settings are tiny and shallow, and the Plane Shift books are like ten pages long.

Eberron and Dark Sun have both had, like, 300+ page books.