Weeb TCG General

Previously...
>Rotation!
>Locals!
>Dead Games!
>Wixoss!
>Caster Chronicles bringing Jap-only sets into the USA! Unstranslated!

As a competitive player you must take any advantage possible against your opponent. What non-standard, yet legal, strategies are to taking to psych out your opponent, user? I use playmats.

Attached: WEEB TCG HEADER 2.png (1156x1161, 3.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RXzlU2nUWpo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_on_the_Galactic_Railroad
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Currently I am waiting for a version of pic related with better resolution.

Attached: DR9_KfvVwAAFbSx.jpg (1200x791, 79K)

>>Caster Chronicles bringing Jap-only sets into the USA! Unstranslated!
Wait, why would they distribute it here but not translate it? At least I don't need to pay as much for shipping I suppose.

They can't translate the set because the anime has not been licensed yet.

Attached: yande.re 282338 sample dress lolita_fashion overfiltered rozen_maiden shinku souseiseki suigintou su (1500x1197, 362K)

They will probably just give you a PDF for the translations since they might not have the license to sell English version of the set, just like Bushiroad will never release certain sets of Weiss Schwarz in English

Licensing issues.

Play footsie with them.

I'm more than happy if the provide an official PDF file in their webpage. I'd just print it out and keep it handy when a question comes of.

Is that such a hard thing to do?

I have seen people playing at my LGS with WS jap-only expansions just fine, freely mixing english and japanese cards. They do carry around their printer translations. Moreso, some pages even provide translation cutouts you can fit with your cards inside your sleeves.

Attached: CARD-00002657.jpg (176x237, 19K)

Oh man that color inverted Caster Chronicles back might be even better than the real one.

Anyway if I wanted to psych out opponents I'd get a tshirt made with Fatalpulse or Rustle art on it. Maybe or maybe that Shindol Zelda doujin.

Shuffling in a annoying way

Attached: DDa62uKUQAEwx65.png (537x700, 527K)

How do you do deal with control decks esp. Chaos with altmile?

Try to kill them first Stride?

>What non-standard, yet legal, strategies are to taking to psych out your opponent, user?
Forcing eye contact.

Rush them, which altmile does very well. Also you have to accept some decks will get fucked with chaos, altmile being one of them as the game drags on.

Is it possible to build a decent Dimension Police deck under $100?

>Is it possible to build a decent deck under $100?
Ftfy

Hellhard Eight decks can run around $60-$70 without Picaros.
Gaia decks are about $50 without Dogma, and Gaia Devastate is a better finisher anyways.

What game is this?

Cardfight Vanguard. Dimension Police is a 'clan' (faction with a closed card pool, general mechanics associated, and aesthetic) centered around mecha that get huge buffs.
Hellhard Eight is a deck from the Spike Brothers clan (demon American football players) that plays kind of like a more complicated version of MtG's Storm decks.
Gaia is a deck from the Tachikaze clan (cyborg dinosaurs outfitted with modern/futuristic military weaponry), focusing on sacrifice/revive combos.

Hellhard Eight and Gaia both sound fun, which is stronger?

Hellhard sees tournament tops more often. Another somewhat budget deck is Deletors, which can run well for around $100. They're a bunch of weird skeletal aliens from the Link Joker (alien clan primarily focused on stun/contol), who use their "delete" ability to weaken the opponent and secure aggressive pushes.

Got a list for Hellhard? Both budget and tournament if possible.

The core is
4 Giant, Rising Great Star
3-4 Jelly Beans
4 Acrobat Verdi
4 Cunning Brain
4 Mecha Trainer
4 Dudley Cheers, Lindsay
12 Draw triggers
4 Bullpower Agrias
2 Hellhard Eight
3-4 Terrible Linus
Equal number other G-Guardians

For the remaining maindeck cards, choose cards with Charge abilities or vanillas, and for the remaining G-zone cards, unless you can afford 2 Dirty Picaro, it really doesn't matter too much.

>Dimensional Police
>Less than $100

The only thing that's remotely near that budget cap that don't suck is Metalborgs, but you are better off spending a bit more to just play Dimensional Robos

any anons played mega man? just learned this was a thing.

Attached: MMNTWTCGPacks.png (1548x825, 2.99M)

What would I need for Dimensional Robos? I've enjoyed a Daikaiser build in Stride to Victory.

Is this from the UFS? I just read there is a Cowboy Bebop version and I'd be interested in buying 2 decks, if it's any good.

Here's a sample list for the latest D-Robo build, you can run other G-Units if you think X-Gallop and Stark cost too much.

G-Zone
4 Magna Daibird
2 Final Daimax
2 Great Daiearth
1 Great Daiking (GB8)
1 Bravest Peak, X-Gallop
1 Stark
1 Atlantis Dolphin (G-Guard)
4 Other G-Guardians

4 Dainexus
4 True Great Daikaiser (The Legion one)
2 Great Daiyusha

4 Daiball
4 Daicrusher
2 Daibalest

4 Daimagnel
4 Daisupporter
3 Dairaptor
2 Commander Laurel

1 Daihawk
4 Daibattles
4 Other D-Robo Crit
4 Daibloom (Draw) or Daidraft (Stand)
4 D-Robo Outfitter, Cassie (Heal)

I believe that's the anicent card game made by Decipher in the early 2000s, but it only lasted an year

And if I can afford them?

Just run them in your G-Zone instead of filler stuff.

If you can afford it buy it, its not really rocket appliance

Could I use something other than the Legion for my non-Nexus G3s?

Neat

Attached: FoWAetherling.jpg (704x960, 105K)

I think I prefer the original art.

I know I saw someone on the FB page just post "why doesn't all FoW art look like this???" which I don't understand but I guess they just want more homogeneity?

Unfortunately most other D-Robo Grade 3s aren't good in comparison (held back by LB4 Skills or just bad) or you would be better off just play straight Crossride Great Daikaiser

I don't get it either. Even if I don't like that particular art I do like that there's a fair bit of variety in the art.

Also I pulled out my full art Misty Dragon Spirit and I stand by it, I like the original more. The promo looks just any old shenlong-type dragon, while the original has a bit more uniqueness in its spiky face and wild mane of hair. The original also has a more vivid and more varied color palette, with its fiery orange hair in particular standing out more than anything in the new art.

The one thing I do like about the new art is that it makes the dragon feel way more massive than the original does.

You listed reasons why I like the original, along with it kinda sticking to how Asian dragons would be colored along with drawn in a certain way. It's aesthetically pleasing that way.

It took me a good moment to realize that was a scroll on the bottom and not a can of coke.

When does the Vanguard mobage come out?

Would a good lineup then for G3s be 4 Dainexus, 3 Great Daikaiser, 3 Daikaiser?

Winter 2018 in Japan, sometime 2019 elsewhere.

>Really enjoying Regalia
>Start testing other Genesis builds on TTS
>Start to really like Revelation

Welp, now I gotta make this deck.

Attached: InannaS.png (680x1000, 1.39M)

>tfw too low IQ to play genesis

>tfw too low IQ to play CfV

>tfw too low IQ to play games other than Magic

Now that's more brainlet than me user.
It's probably just getting familiar with the terms, then CfV will be easy to play. I'd imagine it'd be that way with the mobage

>Implying you need to have a PhD in astrophysics or something to play card games besides MtG

Finding people to play will probably be more difficult than learning how to play them

It seems the mobage will be from the original BT01 onwards, so take it as you will

The remake will make that even easier since they're changing the cost icons to outright say C/S Blast and C/S Charge

Is BT01 the first set or deck, or is it part of the reboot?
It is just getting familiar with the keywords for me, because I only know the first set stuff, and the basics of gameplay, I haven't really stuck around as a result though.

BT01 is literally the first set from 2011, and from the screenshots it appears that it is literally from the beginning

Original Block: BT01~17 plus all the Extra Boosters
G-Era: G-BT01~14 plus all the supplimentary sets
Reboot: V-BT01~

Well that's good for me at least, although I'd imagine most of the people who played it the longest are gonna be peeved.

I want to believe the image we saw for the mobile game is a placeholder and it'll be based on the Reboot sets

Longtime player here. I don't mind the reboot. Might bring more players in, and there's a Premium Format that will allow pre-reboot cards.

I'd be certain it's the reboot. With how close it comes out physically it'd be pretty meaningless to release basically an out of date game.

Though personally I'd just like the option on a mobile game to use older stuff.

Straight up watch the anime. It does a really good job at teaching you the fundamentals of the game. The milage may vary at this point though, since it's like 50 episodes before you even get to limit break, let alone Stride.

It's also surprisingly good, outside of the blatant product placement.

My biggest frustration with the show is when they show something not tied to the main characters or villain.

I remember back when Raptor Colonel came out, and seeing his laser dense art, it would be pretty cool to see it animated. That episode finally airs and it was just a still image and when it attacked some lights came out of a few guns.

Recent example is also Gaia Devastate. Well drawn stills, but some more animation beyond its bottom jaw would've been nice.

man i wish rozen maiden had a set for caster cronicles

And the first OP is a pretty solid jam.
youtube.com/watch?v=RXzlU2nUWpo

summon chants

I always think it's funny when you zoom out a bit. S1 of vanguard is essentially a boy coming to terms with his multipersonality disorder while he fights an absolute edgelord drunk on power from another world obsessed with some normal guy that just happens to be really good at card games.
It's a shame smug as fuck edgy Aichi never really came back, I don't count Legion Mate.

And then you have S1 of G which is essentially a school outcast coming to terms with a bunch of lying but well meaning assholes and his group of friends running the local gym out of town

Don't worry, since the reboot is based on the manga we might get Psyqualia Zombie Aichi if we ever get to the high school arc

>Manga
Does that mean V-era Deletors?

But will Aichi and mommygf fuck?

Aichi will win the Misakibowl in V/manga

>The year CFV and Gunpla anime come out adds two blue-haired milfs ripe for the plowing

I know it's what got my attention for the anime initially. Otherwise I just saw the game.

Nah I meant Kourin

I'm so sorry user

;_; fuck this gay anime AND gay card game

Hey, at least he ends up with someone with a vagina, that's more than I can ask for.

>can i still use my MLB deck when the reboot hits

and when i say that can i make an MLB deck for premium format

Attached: 1023980.jpg (308x450, 55K)

Maybe. While Blaster Blade and Blaster Dark will get buffed up stats, MLB will lose out on the gift mechanic

yea but i mean ill have Alfred early for that

>16 crit balls out mlb
>tfw punting shitters who decided to no block at 3 damage.

Attached: 1504661072350.jpg (600x600, 56K)

also to add to my question exculpate the blaster

too OP

not OP enough

let me know

Attached: PR-0036EN.jpg (306x450, 61K)

Wait for the reboot version since Aichi has a 100% chance of using it

aight then cuz jesus exculpate with a force imaginary gift

s1 anime was alright (for a card game anime)
haven't seen anything between there and G NEXT, but both G NEXT and G Z were fucking garbage. The recent Final Turn for G Z was unacceptable.

I did see the first season of the anime and liked it a lot, although that's why the extend of rules knowledge is just to the basic game.
I do hope the new anime is just as good though.

Yeah, it was pretty anticlimactic with the final blows dealt to Gyze. Hell, Shion and Tokoha used their RG for the final blow in their games. Shion didn't even attack with Fides. Then the whole blowing up rocks and punching a black hole.

But S1 definitely plays up "This is a card game" aspects pretty well. Even once they start introducing the magic aspects it kept pretty down to earth. But it didn't last long.

That game is fun. Still play it on the weekends with my friends.

Too bad Decipher is a company where fun card games go to die. Two of my favorites were done by them (MegaMan and LOtR).

Shion did attack with Fides, Gyze used a perfect guard and they show the triple drive. They just didn't bother to animate Fides attacking in any way

>G4
4 Chronoscommand Dragon
4 Chronoscommand Revolution
2 Beyond Order Dragon
2 Raphanna
2 Pandora Chimera
2 Uluru

>G3
4 Ephemeral Wand Dragon
4 Reform-calling Gear Eagle

>G2
4 Everchanging Gear Peacock
3 Gear Soldier, Ur-Zi
3 History-maker Dragon

>G1
4 Progress Second Dragon
4 Steam Keeper, La-ba'shim
4 Pulsar, Revolver Dracokid
2 Steam Sniper, Lishma
1 Tick-away Dragon

>G0
1 Timepiece Dracokid
1 Tick Tock Worker
1 Ur Watar
3 Luckypot
4 Chronomedical
4 Bombard Hog
4 Thruster Bison

Advice?

Sorry, only 3 Revolver

ded

You made the mistake of not watching the first 3 seasons of G and Legion Mate

Post fun and good FoW lists.

I just got done with this list last night. Inspired a little bit by that other Scarlet player from around here, though in all honesty I would have made some kind of deck with one of the Nyarlathotep variants sooner or later. I sure do hope it's good.

Attached: 12739001.jpg (600x944, 190K)

are you aiming for GB8 turbo?

you might be able to mix in a few more zodiac time beasts and run 2 Gearnext since it's only locked to Gear Dragon hearts.

>Page 9

I don't know about Good and fun FoW decks, but I've been kitchen table brewing Crying Kaguya and it's come out as an odd and interesting control deck.

1 Kaguya, Tears of the Moon//Kaguya, Millennium Princess

4 Nightmoon Blossom
4 Glistening Chick
4 Moonlit Treasury Tree
2 Moon View Rabbit
1 Mystia, Manager of the Treasury
1 Gilgamesh, Immortal Hunter

12 Water Kimono of Twelve Parts
4 Kaguya's Pictoral Scroll
4 The First Moon
4 Millenia Bond

4 Kaguya's Stone of Sorrow
4 Magic Stone of Deep Woods
1 Water Magic Stone
1 Wind Magic Stone

If youre aiming for gb8 youre going to want atleast 2 gear groovies or 1 heritage and 1 altered dragon

Force of Will: Anybody know if there's a reason why the Verdandi Promo doesn't seem to exist in English when the other two of the Time Trio do? It's bugging me that I would seem to be only able to get it in German...

This was one of the most random FoW cards. I... don't know what kind of story she and Giovanni are supposed to have, and FoW has never referenced them since. Add in the fairly out of place looking art...

Attached: campanella.jpg (476x650, 543K)

I've played against that sort of deck before. It isn't fun. It isn't fun at all.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_on_the_Galactic_Railroad

The hype for the next set is setting in. We might get more Welser support!
Old ass Welser time. Hopefully it's more wicked spirit stuff and more swarm options for them. or maybe duo crests?

Attached: 29597383_1454272718035086_7951245957881352175_n.jpg (702x960, 153K)

Probably a Resonator, like TSW Ayu. Still, can't be worse than that one Wicket Spirit we got in TSW.

I would need to be an extremely amazing card to bring him back.
If they pulled that shit again and give Welser nothing good I'm going to assume the shit pull rate in that box set was on purpose.

With 4 of each Chronoscommand and Ephemeral Wand, I can accumulate GB faster than Gear Groovy. Ephemeral Wand can flip a G Unit whenever a Chronoscommand unit strides it, and can flip one again whenever it's attacked. This means every attack against you after the first stride can add to your GB.

Is Welser that bad currently?