Want to run planescape campaign with my current party

>want to run planescape campaign with my current party
>no user, planescape is pretentious and adds no real rules so we won't play your campaign
>okay how about Spelljammer then?
>user it's barely even a setting and it doesn't add any rules
>Dark Sun? Ravenloft? Council of Wyrms?
>reeeeeeeeeee I'm not playing a setting where I can't make a highly optimized build
Sometimes I hate my party

Attached: PlanescapeBestSetting.jpg (501x665, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/17600216/TSR_D_amp_D_Products_(revised)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Leave them. Run online games if you can speak english. Be a player if your accent is really bad.
Alternatively, look up roleplay related organisations in your area. Many larpers would be up for roleplaying.

Sorry to hear that buddy.

Tell me about planescape and what I can do with it.

You players are ignorant. Planescape was the best thing to come out of second edition.

OP do you have any longs to the books?

Attached: image.jpg (220x281, 32K)

I got my hands on the PDFs from a collection of almost everything TSR ever published
>thepiratebay.org/torrent/17600216/TSR_D_amp_D_Products_(revised)
It has a lot of plot hooks, most of which come from the nature of the planes and how a lot of them tend to be extreme places but have things that make them worth going there. Also it comes with rules that make things harder and more annoying for wizards, and if you adapt it to 3.5th it completely kneecaps CoDzilla any time the outer planes are involved.

>can't make a highly optimized build
>in Dark Sun

What's wrong with these players?

>can't make a highly optimized build
Yeah ok. Me and my signer friends are just going to imagine a dragon into existence now.

Totally low optimization.

Your party's smart fuckstain. Give you an inch and you'll never let it drop

What the fuck? Isn't Council of Wyms generic European fantasy land? And what fucking build do they want that can't be done in Dark Sun or Ravenloft which literally has lore to support characters from pretty much anywhere in the D&D verse to get dropped into.

They've been playing PF for so long that they almost exclusively play caster classes to the point I can't remember the last time one of them rolled up a mundane character, and the second I explained defilers and preservers and how they're treated on Athas my players' immediate response was "fuck that shit, not playing that setting ever" before I could explain anything else.

Can't they just play Psions fro DSP Psionics. They're more fun to play and better balanced than Paizo casters anyway.

And if you want to stick to 1pp for some reason Paizo has their own series of Psychic Casters that can all be easily refuffed to fit in Dark Sun as Psionic creatures with minimal effort, except for maybe the Occultist.

they dont respect your opinions and will miss many great books with excellent content

find new ppl

Attached: Fo4_Tales_of_a_Junktown_Jerky_Vendor_in-game.png (629x825, 971K)

Dude. DUDE.

YOU ARE THE GM. You decide the setting. If they don't want to play, then fine, but you DO NOT pander to your players.

>Players are clearly happy and entrenched in a system
>GM keeps screeching about his latest 20 year old Eastern European d17 system about soviet mice
>Never asks the party if they would consider changing systems or trying something new. Only demands and taking the game hostage
>"why don't my players want to change Veeky Forums

Council of Wyrms is the AD&D 2e setting wherein player characters are assumed to be true dragons by default.

Attached: dd69f647dcf310d5982c25fdc1b09f66.jpg (644x910, 392K)

>want to run planescape campaign
Get better tastes.

Both sides are right in this. Both examplified by autists in this thread.
Pandering to the players is the whole point of the DM. There is nothing to be gained by annoying your players to get your way. thats beeing a shitty DM.
The point of DnD is for th emost part that everyone at the table has fun. If youre not achieving that you need to change something.
This is just as retarded.
Contrary to popular opinion, the GM actually also plays the game. The GM can have fun playing the game. In fact, it is greatly beneficial to the players if the GM is enjoying his time. This will probably lead to a better designed campaign, more enthusiastic NPC roleplaying and more willingness to indulge in the PCs ideas.

The Bottom line here is that both the players and the DM are playing the game and should have fun playing the game. Not just "should" as in thats the optimal scenario but MUST as in this is the minimum requirement.
If not both the DM and the players are having fun, change sometihng.
But you will need to compromise. Both the players and the DM.
Im biased as im mostly a DM who goes to autistic lenght about the aesthetic of his retarded homebrew setting.
But i still gotta compromise. One of my players realy enjoys dwarves and traditional German (read: tolkien clone but no fun allowed) fantasy.
I for one enjoy anachronistic whimsical settings ala Nausicaa.
Eventually we had to compromise. He could be a grumpy dwarf, and his grumpy dwarf had to complain about newfangled shit like bolt action rifles and races other than humans elves and dwarves in his cities.

This is just an example but you gotta find a middle ground that both can enjoy, not just tolerate. If theres something about your setting that aggravates your players, make a way for them to enjoy it.
Players dont like how casters are treated in Dark Sun?
Make them Templars of a Sorcerer King, opressing the caster hating plebs. You dont even have to play evil characters.

>cont
At the same time. your players sound like little shits. Im biased and i certainly love to think of PF players to be mouthbreathing mongoloids who will sperg about "Caster supremacy is realism" all day.
But the complete unacceptance of a setting because IN ANOTHER GAME theres a bias is stupid.

Regardless, you cant always pick and choose your players.
have you considered rolling another Systemß DO they enjoy casters for the flavor or for the mechanics.
Now this might not sit right with your PF lads at first but have you considered introducing them to 4E if they dont like playing casters?

Ill be honest with you i wouldnt be playing a martial in PF either. Because martials are boring to play in that game. Try 4E or Gamma World or whatever you need to make Martials optimization friendly and fun.

>Also it comes with rules that make things harder and more annoying for wizards, and if you adapt it to 3.5th it completely kneecaps CoDzilla any time the outer planes are involved.

Do tell, user! I am need of ways to throw a wrench at some of my obnoxious power game players in pathfinder.

>Players dont like how casters are treated in Dark Sun?
What I get is that you can still play a caster in Dark Sun and not be hated. Dark Sun has Psions fucking everywhere to fill the void wizards left when they decided to become god kings. Clerics and Druids of elemental forces/spirits are also still a thing.

Unless they're attached the idea of playing Wizards specifically, it shouldn't be an issue.

Sorry to hear that dude. I will never get players that look at RPGs only as an optimization puzzle. If that's the case, why not just play a wargame?

The basic gist of it is that spells get fucked with by plane, becoming more or less useful depending on where you are. Most notable is the Outlands, where spell levels stop working as you tet closer to the spire. For clerics, the further away your current plane is from your deity's home one, the harder it is to cast spells.

>Sometimes I hate my party
And the solution to that is to post a thread about it as opposed to looking for better players.

The issue with planescape is there's nothing to do.
It was a poor grab at WoD's audience and it shows.

Dat Diterlizzi art.

lots of nice gals in high-cut leotards

>Pandering to the players is the whole point of the DM
But if your group is fucking shit and no fun, what's the point of pandering or being a DM? DMs need fun too.

Find better people
Waoa