Taught HERself?!!?

>Taught HERself?!!?

How dare those WOTC bigots assume they identified as a female!!

Attached: en_YrNCWaPq2F.png (265x370, 177K)

I mean, we know they're sjw-pandering, but damn. This is just over the top.

how would we reword this to be acceptable?

>The first mage throwing lightning marked the beginning of the study of magic

I deal three damage to your Island.

I deal three damage to your face.

Attached: 1522021482045.gif (126x139, 111K)

The whole card is bland. I suspect they started with "the first mage EVER was a womyn" and shoehorned in the rest.

I wish you triggered retards would actually quit instead of just frothing at the mouth forever.

I hate Wizards of the Coast but this isn't even bad, honestly. The flavor text is absolute shit and the card is kinda meh and shows how Wizards of the Coast is watering down MTG to be a safe-space hugbox for planeswalkers. That is what you should be complaining about. Female wizards have always been a huge part of MTG why is it even a surprise she'd be the first? Not that there probably even was a first. Wizards of the Coast has been defaulting to the female pronoun for years, have you ever seen a 3.5 players handbook?

>deal 3 damage to any target
well ... this isn't wrong, a target is a target

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaares

The point is them obnoxiously categorizing their 98% male playerbase as 'they', then proclaiming this weeks later.

The implication is "any valid target" because writing out "target creature, planeswalker or player" simply would take up too much unnecessary space. If all the changes that have been made to the rules and templating over the years this is easily one of the least offensive.

>you don't want hot anime girls on your cards
what are you gay?

Guess you can bolt a vehicle in response to it being activated and it will immediately die upon being resolution.

Why does singular they trigger you?

>"The first mage, who was a proud, bi-sexual woman of color, used her powerful magic to defeat the second mage, an evil, white man who was cis-gendered and proud of his oppressive ways."

My source tells me this was the original flavor text.

>the implication is
it doesn't say that nor does it state that as reminder text for the first iteration of a wording change like they would do the M[insert number here] series

The autism fueled butthurt of the MtG players on here is hilarious and it get's better with every release. I hope wotc releases a full wakanda set soon.

>I hope wotc releases a full wakanda set soon.

Return to Jamuraa? Mirage 2.0? In which we learn that thanks to Teferi's time magic, the whole continent is super-advanced and, in fact, has always been better than all the other places.

Because they don't have to. It's self-evident to anyone with even double digit IQ.

>create a set to bring in new or old customers to a declining franchise
>change the wording of cards to make it confusing for new players what they are allowed to deal damage to, without any reminder text

sure, seems legit to me

>Wizards of the Coast has been defaulting to the female pronoun for years, have you ever seen a 3.5 players handbook?

As much as I hate this SJW crap, this is just bullshit. 3.5 defaults to the gender of the iconic character of each class, and uses the second person in spell description.

New players aren't gonna try to deal damage to something that doesn't have toughness or a life total. It's not a change that risks causing any more confusion than the old planeswalker damage redirection rules.

>New players aren't gonna try to deal damage to something that doesn't have toughness or a life total
A friend of mine new to magic tried to do exactly that with a card that targets creatures only. Sure as hell he's gonna think you can do it with a card that targets "any target."

>Being mad at the devs of a game for children because they're trying to make it sell better

Doesnt work. Only planeswalkers and creatures note damage. If you do three damage to a non-creature, non-plansewalker its going to do nothing.

Oh my God, who gives a shit?

damage doesn't fall off until the clean up step at the end of turn
>from the wording one could in theory activate it to do damage to a man-land like the r/g one that allows +1/+1 counters to stay on it even tho it is no longer a creature in response to it becoming a creature but dealing damage so it dies as soon as it would become one to stop some arbitrary (having x creatures in play) clause

reminder text would of been nice to prevent this

This shit got unfunny sooooooo long ago.

What is the purpose of this thread?

Point out hypocrisy

>damage doesn't fall off until the clean up step

I know, but non-creature, non-plansewalkers never note the damage in the first place. There is nothing there to "fall off". Or kill the land once it becomes a creature later.

Someone who's mad that women exist trying to pass off their anger as being a principled stand.

not saying you could do it in the first place
>card neglects your ability not to do so in reminder text
>new players will do this