Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Alpharius is a way of life edition

>Dark Eldar preview:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/26/codex-drukhai-preview-assembling-your-raiding-party/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/y48fiILidIk

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M%2Fedit

>Previous thread:

Attached: 1521734955237.jpg (985x812, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

shapeways.com/product/A3RN829DU/cyclic-ion-blaster-bits-pack-of-4-6-9-10-13?optionId=63483113
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Codex Irkens when?

Build any terrain lately?

Attached: Screenshot (801).png (541x782, 407K)

Nth for rubrics a shit

What're you working on today /40kg/?

Post your recent games, models, or wip.

Attached: 29402428_404266496667706_8189292595155828736_n.jpg (1080x1080, 198K)

March FAQ when?

What major factions don't have a codex yet?

Bear in mind that sub-codexes of codex marines are not major factions.

That's good stuff

Attached: 40kDrukhariPreview-Mar26-RaidingForce5lw.jpg (500x283, 34K)

Orks and GSC off the top of my head.

Battleforged
1000 points
Max 2 Detachments
Only Patrol detachments allowed
No models with 10 or more wounds
WYSIWYG

3 random Maelstrom of War Missions will be played

rate my list for this.

Attached: tourney.png (676x1415, 95K)

So much ass pain from tourney players about the new DE patrol rule.

Attached: FB_IMG_1520725730900.jpg (320x385, 15K)

Some of these. Turns out I'm alergic to them however.

Attached: comp.jpg (3023x3023, 2.65M)

I took a break from preparing to my exams just to finish this so I'll damn well repost it.

Attached: vol2spacemarauderpart1.png (1096x7232, 7.59M)

>GSC major faction

my sides

7th was alright up to the point when the Necron codex dropped. From then on, everything went to total shit. In the end, they even introduced ways to attack out of reserve, something they had been meticuluously avoiding ever since 6th edition.

should i buy daemonettes, pink horrors, plaguebringers or bloodletters? [spoilers]dubs decides or something[/spoiler]

Attached: 57ba9f05c3f039b99b47688d186123ec.jpg (533x960, 109K)

Announced but still not out:
>DEldar
>Knights
>Harlies
>Deathwatch

Not yet announced:
>Orks
>GSC
>Inquisition/Agents
>Woofs
>Templars never ever

yes

Emegency Dispensation strategem to spend 1 CP on an extra signature system and 2x vectored thrusters seem like a neat combo to go for? Only two commanders, but they've got actual jump-shoot-jump. I'm thinking plasma rifles and borkybork sept for the extra range as they snipe in and out of cover.

Attached: 1520976410095.jpg (2722x1778, 613K)

Pinks and Bloodletters are the strongest, and since you're asking I'm going to assume you're a chaos soup fag so pick whatever is the best.

>Magnus the red
>Blue

Attached: GORDONRAMSAY.jpg (346x348, 16K)

Someone should turn Magnus's arm so he's holding his crotch.

It'll get shat on by decently placed chaff units with that much Reliance on commanders, and ghostkeels will fold to any kind of -1 to hit, especially with such low output weapons like fusions, tyranid players will be the bane of your existance baka desu senpai

So DE codex will encourage bringing several of the sub-factions, might be good

Oi mate, I love space marauder but don't let it fuck with your education or you'll lose that and tarnish your love of 40k

Has anyone else noticed that their armigers are missing an ankle joint?

...yeah?

Attached: magnus-the-red-EPIC.jpg (391x386, 26K)

He's just changing his colours to fit in with his Tzaangor legion.

>All of the Signature Systems that you include must be different

Orks, Dark Eldar (they'll get one in two weeks though), technically Necrons (the codex that releases next weekend was completely leaked already though), Sororitas and that's about it. There's a shit ton of minor factions though that will get codexes before Orks, so far Deathwatch, Knights and harlequins have already been announced. GSC, Inquisition and Sororitas are still unknown at the moment, although it's likely Sororitas will get a codex with the 2019 plastic sisters release that's been announced.

space wolves too mate.

Any bought these?
shapeways.com/product/A3RN829DU/cyclic-ion-blaster-bits-pack-of-4-6-9-10-13?optionId=63483113

I'm wondering if the local GW won't recognise them, so long as i stick the 3 GW CIB on the suits as well

Attached: mai clanker.jpg (900x1273, 117K)

Repostan for Math

A 10 man tactical squad with optimal eldar killing loadout (Flamer, Heavy Bolter) kills roughly as many point in wyches as the equivalent number of wyches (3 squads á 6 heads) kill in tactical marines in melee while disregarding all of their special rules like power from pain and combat drugs.

If you factor in losses for the wyches with one round of shooting and overwatch, their effectiveness drops by half, so I'd say this IS actually a delivery problem on the Dark Eldar side.

Also, speaking as a Nid player, I'd take some wyches in my army.

It plainly says Drukhari. He's not talking about commander spam.

I’m sure GSC are bigger than the Tau. But that is hardly an accomplishment

SCHEIßE

Attached: taurage.png (493x586, 352K)

Except in matched play, it seems.

How did Newcrons do? I've mostly been playing Horus Heresy but a good Necron book might bring me back to 40k.

Well It wasn't really interfering, I can't even concentrate on biology for that long so I need to take breaks anyways.
And if I can make Spess Muhrauder while taking a break, it's a win win.

Attached: häpirauder.jpg (372x400, 59K)

Do it bro, but prime them fast.

Why? Matched play allows for 3 detachments. +4CP from that is still good

Working on a converted Salamander Command Vehicle.

Attached: P1020218.jpg (1600x1200, 732K)

Almost every army got a 'decurion' in 7th, the only excpetions were Black Templars and Sisters of Battle which only got "formations" with Gathering Storm and they were absolute crap plus it was the end of the edition and everyone knew it. Ad Mech didnt get a decurion either but their one formation was bonkers and had some room for customization.

Now not all armies got GOOD decurions, Orks got crapped on and so did Blood Angels, I think SW got a good one but Space Marines/Eldar/Tau were the ones that kicked everyone's butt.

for that cost you can run a battalion or two

Hmm, they're borderline.

On one hand, they are absolutely a tryanid subfaction.

On the other, unlike other subfaction codexes they have both a broad range of units and almost nothing in common with their parent book.

Sisters of battle are announced as well

Ask the manager if weapon or bit swaps are ok. At my store anything goes as long as it the model started life as a GW product

>that will surely change now
confirmed for it won't change

>There isn't a cap to how many you can take outside of tournaments
It's a suggested rule to keep pick up games against strangers fair. Why would you want to circumvent that?

Diaz Deamonettes

Now do it for good troops units that actually get taken. Scouts, Guardsmen, Guardians, you get the idea. Bonus points: do it for dedicated melee units like Genestealers.

Fug, was meant for

Right, I forgot about those. Also, I believe it likely the remaining two god-aligned chaos legions will get independet codexes at some point, if only so GW can release more Primarch models. Russ might get a model too, and I still think they'll do a continuation of the Sanctus Reach battles to release Orks and Wolves together at the end of the current cycle (similar to forgebane).

Just give one the Puretide chip like everyone else does, then give the other the thrusters

That's a battalion + a Flyer Wing, and you still have a slot spare to do whatever you want with.

>tyranids only decurion equivalent was a minimum 3090 points
Life is suffering

Don't worry I'll mark up the price of my Diazmettes auctions right now for you.

valid point.

Have they announced a codex? Thought it was just beta rules in the next CA

But you can't have 3 different subfaction special rules if you run a battalion or 2. That's the point of the DE patrol spam. It's not to have "OMG so much CP", because you can do that better with battalions or a brigade. It's to have several different special rules in effect without completely nerfing your CP stock

MULTI WARLORD MOTHERFUCKER!
GET IN THE FLYING BOAT MONKEIGH! WE'RE GOING TO COMMORAGH TO GET ICE CREAM!

Guess i'm going to have to buy them and find out.
But first - What's the best brand of magnets for my minis?

>Why would you want to circumvent that?
Not him, but it's not circumventing a suggestion when your codex says 'do this cool thing and get cp for it'.

Well, for 2019 I suppose

They said plastic sisters.
I'd assume a new range would have some fucking rules..

Right, I forgot about the decurions they introduced through the various campaign books and stuff. At this point in 7th development cycle, we were playing homebrew rules developed by one guy in our group because we were collectively so fed up with that clusterfuck that 7th had become.

>130 bucks

I'd rather just buy some Pegasus gothic stuff and piece them together. Been meaning to make some Zone Mortalis/Necromunda terrain.

Any wishlists for GSC? Reading Cult of the Spiral Dawn has kind of made me what to start an army.

Attached: Old Gene Stealer Cult.png (640x286, 385K)

He is a Lord of Change, and no one will be able to tell him otherwise.

Anything rare earth. I did mine with 1/8th magnets but 1/16th fit better and can polarize the weapon mount.

I guess it's there to encourage the triple warlord stratagem

Decurions were so miserable. I know it was just meant to sell models but goddamn how did they think that was a fun idea?

They're magnets, just buy whatever the fuck your LGS has in store.

I'm hoping that Chapter Approved / big FAQs add a Raiding Force / Alliance in Agony equivalents for Daemons. It's a neat concept for those armies comprised of mini factions.

ABSOLUTELY SADISTC

Attached: 461px-DEWarrior.jpg (461x600, 99K)

>40kg trying to force the rubrics are shit meme

Try actually playing the game kiddos.

They didn't think of it as a 'fun idea'

It was purely an idea that hopefully made people drop tons of money on models.

As bad as they were, I really really liked the Gladius for how fluffy it was.

>do it for dedicated melee units like Genestealers
I don't think Genestealers and Wyches are supposed to fill the same role, Wyches are cheap and have an incredibly strong special rule debuff while Genestealers are actually designed to kill shit.

Don't misunderstand my, I'm not saying Wyches are good right now.
But their damage output is not much worse than Tacticals and their Special Rule gives them a distinct use that would absolutely justify them if they had a good delivery system.
Tacticals don't.

Therefore, Tacs are worse than Wyches.

It's going to depend what the Obsessions are, but right now if we're limited to 3 detachments, it's nearly always going to be a smarter choice to run a battalion and friends army.

Aye that sounds best, cheers

So here's a thought. How would you rank your army's subfactions in trait, WT, relic and stratagem? In a scale from 1 to 5, with 1 being useless, 2 being subpar, 3 being competitive, 4 being strong and 5 being an auto-take (so IW trait is a 1, AL is a 5). For instance, T'au:
>T'au
>Trait: 4
>Stratagem: 3
>WT: 2
>Relic: 4
>Bonus: nearly all named characters

>Vior'la
>Trait: 3
>Strat: 4
>WT: 3
>Relic: 3

>Dal'yth:
>Trait: 2
>WT: 1

>Sa'cea

>Bor'kan
>Trait: 4.5
>Strat: 1
>WT: 3

>FSE
>Strat: 3
>Relic: 4

How about you?

Attached: taulineup.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

>but it's not circumventing a suggestion when your codex says 'do this cool thing and get cp for it'.
Ok, but 'this cool thing' for my army is putting 5 Battalions on the table for less than 1000 points. :^)

So, whats a good way to start tempestus scions? Im Im just starting, is the start collecting a good Deal?? How many points ill get with It?

Tacticals marines' only use is making everything else look good.

hmm been thinking about some Lost & Damned flavoured stuff. Mabe GSC but I think a Tzaangor army would work quite well, birds and mutants + some tzeentch demons.

Fusion Blades are objectively the coolest shit in the entire Tau codex

I'm not autistic enough for this.

Or would be, but everybody knows they're a joke by now.

All of : 5
All of : 1

DEldar have some of the best transports in the game, to the point where you basically take a transport for your troops choices as a matter of course. The problem is that once they get their, your wyches do nothing. Tacticals are terrible, and they never get used, and you should never use them as a comparison for other troops. They're basically the worst troops in the game.

Tl;dr Dark Eldar have good delivery mechanisms, albeit not the best, tacticals are shit. Deep striking wyches or running clear across the table wych shenanigans won't 'fix' them.

>Bor'kan strat
>useless

Wew lad

Your codex doesn't encourage you to run that. That's not the same as saying you can't get a mechanical advantage from it. The way this is written suggests that DE armies are actively written to support this kind of playstyle...that can't be used if you use this suggestion.

>They're basically the worst troops in the game.
That's literally the point I was arguing carrying over from the old thread. I stated Tacs were the worst troop unit and someone suggested Wyches were worse.

FAQ delayed to incorporate Adepticon feedback

What's the verdict?

Attached: PrimarisChaplain01.jpg (920x950, 97K)

If you replace the mace with a second pistol from the Primaris Apothecary kit then he looks like reaper from Overwatch

He's cute, I use him as my sorcerer.

Sorry for misunderstanding. If you're arguing that wyches are better than tacs, you're 100% correct. It's not even close.

>Your codex doesn't encourage you to run that
That's just your interpretation.

>that can't be used if you use this suggestion
neither can the Scyerskull strat from AdMech
Stop believing every option is made for pickup matched games

Chaplains generally are overpriced for the shitty marine character statline they have.

Why were Flyrants the winners? What did they do that beat out reaperspam and such?