Where were you when you missed the moon, user?

where were you when you missed the moon, user?

In front of my screen, refreshing my wallet balance page with a huge smile on my face

wbu OP

Just bought 1.7k more of this. Im just a bit worried about the dev team. They seem young and inexperienced. Is this a good hodl coin?

On my way to fucking Saturn instead. I'll send you a postcard. Just let me know which pile of flaming wreckage is yours, OP.

100% the team is very smart and is focusing mostly on the dev instead of marketing (which will pay off in the longrun) and unlike most others, Sia actually has a working product. I'd really like to see it on binance soon

im in on the ride senpai 100k deep

I have 17k going, wondering if I should get another 5k, I want this thing to hit $1

Thanks user. I see, that's why there's a lack of noise around thia.

If I may play a devil's advocate just for a moment, is decentralized storage actually necessary? The project has solid business use cases but I dont see people having qualms about using google drive for instance to store their stuff. So just not sure how much of a game changer this is

>literally put a fiver in this ages ago

Its £30 now... damn nigga should have put in more... oh well

i had a sell at 265 hoping to catch a spike and refill... fuuuuucckkk... i want my 100,000k sia back in the wallet.

>Implying I didn't buy at .003 cents
>Implying we have reached the moon yet for Sia

now im trying to fucking trade these baby swings to get it back. so tense.

>missing the Moon
Nigger please. I've got 10k.

>Tfw wish I had 100k

well just from a cost perspective, compared to Amazon which costs around $23 per terabyte Sia would only cost you $2

also,
>decentralized cloud storage
>data is 100% protected
>can literally RENT OUT your hard drive for $$$
>No one can access your files/data (unlike Amazon/Apple/etc.
>cost like 10000% less to use ($2 per month vs $23 per month for Amazon
>100% open sourced
>renter only gets paid if they hold a file for the specified time given

400k Sia reporeting in - bought them 12/26/2017 @ .025605 / SC

Up 73%

Where is the ceiling here

I always believed in sia. I'm glad I bought it 2 cents

do you all faggtos realize that siacoin will be a currency for all the usecases that youre mentioning here. It´s literally killing itself by being more expensive lol?

you stupid kek the prices adjust according to SC valuation

>you stupid kek the prices adjust according to SC valuation

If you scale the prices according to fiat, why do you need sia currency in first place. Its literally useless

Decentralizing the internet can't have any pins in a centralized internet. That is, if you want silk road 2.0 to exist, you need the following systems working and in place.

>File hosting for web resources
>private Currency with high transaction speed
>PoS applications to facilitate transaction with Fiat
>A way to monetize web traffic without the need for ads
>Decentralized insuring of valid product delivery

There are coins out there attempting to solve all of these problems. The first company to utilize all of the in a successful black market decentralized website that can never ever be taken down and runs on a smart contact will make Amazon look like a mom and pop.

Trust me when I say you need to find coins that so the things I listed above and hold for dear life. Day trading is a meme. We're gonna revolutionize e commerce.

Thank me in 10 years when you're wiping your ass with a Lamborghini.

That is a good thing IMO. It allows them to have new ideas and not try to do the things as the old gen.

Facebook succeeded BECAUSE Mark Zuckerberg was too young at the time.

Plus, Sia's founder seems really smart and I fully trust he will bring this home.

Uhhhh, the demand curve is mostly dependent on fiat because that's how people get their income, so any product that can be paid with crypto has to adjust its price.

It is not meant to be a consumer product, at least not mainly. It is built to be a business solution. Think more in terms of AWS and CDNs.

Sia's goal is to have the Netflix's and the Vimeo's and the heavy media websites to host their stuff in there at a cheaper rate than what they are currently getting and being worldwide will allow them to keep the speed up without having to build/rent datacenters in every corner of the world.

The utility of the coin stays the same based on prices that people pull from fiat because like the other user said, people get paid in fiat. You can still divide the coin into like a million sub units so it's fine if it grows in value.

>is decentralized storage actually necessary?
what brainlets don't understand is that Sia is just a superset of existing cloud storage.

In principle, there's nothing preventing Amazon from making their storage available on Sia and charging the same rate they do now. Right now you have to store with 3x redundancy on Sia because hosts are flaky, but if you configured your Sia client to store on Amazon's servers, you could use a much lower redundancy. It's just standard market dynamics: high quality product = higher price.

The problem is that Amazon and others won't want to be part of the Sia ecosystem, because it forces them to compete directly in a fair marketplace. The Sia model hurts them, because they can't lock people into their platform. So if Sia grows too big, expect to see a larger corp try to buy them out or just DDoS the network

suck my dick Jeff

How do you ddos a network of computers?

Nice try Kim Jong

This coin died last July and took months to climb back out. Be careful desu. It recovered faster than Golem but shit was bad when it dumped harder than the rest of the market ~69%.

Sia dumped so hard because the market sentiment runs against the attitude of a lot of sia holders which is that the coin is a 5 year+ hold.

People are chasing rocketships which leaves legit coins like this in the dust. Watch this shit get listed on a big exchange down the road and do a TRX style pump because it's a less than 10 cent coin

>gather list of all Sia nodes
>blast valid-looking requests at them
>each request causes the node to expend some resources
>send requests faster than the node can process them
if you're a player as large as Amazon, DDoS'ing a few thousand nodes like this would be trivial. And that's just one of many possible strategies. e.g. they could fill up all the blocks on the chain with garbage data, preventing anyone from making storage contracts.