Warhammer Fantasy General - /wfg/

Seeking Death-edition

>Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/2EJLZq7a
WFRP: pastebin.com/NX6t6eYa
Novels: pastebin.com/Uzp9RQ9i

>We're looking for these novels for the archive:
pastebin.com/t5kdcfVm

>Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/WQTJDtUV

>Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>Warhammer Video Games.
pastebin.com/396cm1Jp

Previous thread: Please keep Age of Sigmar and End Times discussion to their respective generals.

Attached: 1520196442366.png (783x615, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

icv2.com/articles/games/view/26216/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-lines-spring-2013
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best boys come first.

Attached: warhammer tyrion and teclis.png (511x764, 1.05M)

How many "men" of the Empire would it take to defeat one Hung Chad.

Attached: 9583849913.png (420x705, 417K)

>he's a world-renowned warrior
>and he's a soft-spoken master of magic
>together, they fight Chaos

Just one handgunner. See the dark gods help that barbarian when he has a gaping hole in his chest.

I know this probably won't end well, but I'll ask anyway.

Seeing as AOS is here to stay and gets all the new shit, is it possible to (or is there already attempts at) creating an WFB 9th Edition - using AOS models and rules, and a WFB "evolved" background, community created ?

For example, the Kharadron Overlords may be one Dwarf stronghold from around the South Warp gate,

Or Ulthuan may have sunk after ET:Khaine, but 100y laters (like in the Cicatrix Maledictum fluff) the survivors are in fact the Idoneth Deepkin (well, not them, but using a High Elves / Atlantide cross over fluff).

Just got me a bunch of goblins in heavy armor from Alternative Armies. I think they look cool as fuck. Shame goblins can't take heavy armor and these guys will be butchered by the cartload but whatever, at least I'll enjoy looking at them.

The image doesn't show it, but there's an angry little face peeking out from the helm. They're great.

...and this would be the image I meant to post.

Attached: fl1_poses_750pix.jpg (750x518, 59K)

No, as remaining Fantasy fans go you either just play AoS, are too bitter about AoS, or a vidyakid.

I would watch it

these old fans would have never bought new models anyway GW made zero loses burning bridges with them.

...people pay money for those? Like money they actually earned with hard work?

>these old fans would have never bought new models anyway
Year before ET
icv2.com/articles/games/view/26216/top-5-non-collectible-miniature-lines-spring-2013
>GW made zero loses burning bridges with them.
Yeah, that's why 2015 financial year ended so well for them

>Fantasy will never be this deep

Attached: 95403294021.jpg (1542x871, 210K)

>Yeah, that's why 2015 financial year ended so well for them

It was better than 2014.

*low

Is it me or it's just armor of Ynnead guy from 40k?
>It was better than 2014.
Yeah because of royalty, while revenue dropped once again.

Could you please stop trying to start shit with AoS stuff?

Attached: 1490253966856.jpg (1920x1080, 632K)

nice pun

Didn't know about Dark age bowmen. I use a box of mounted sergeants from Fireforge as yeomen despite the scale being slightly different: their horses are smaller compared to GW knights ones. Thats ok in my book, since they are supposed to ride lame and shitty breed horses in contrast with knights' warhorses purebreeds.

In regards to archers, I'm gonna get a fat stack of plastic old GW bowmen for dirt cheap on a spanish 2ond hand plataform. Although if I had to buy em new, I would probably get the realistic scale Perry Bowmen, which include a handful of halberd using men at arms in the same box, and which are always useful.

hope I have not fucked the crossthread reply

haha water

Is TW:WH and Vermintide the only thing that keeps this pathetic thread alive?

I liked Fantas too, but it's dead guys. Never coming back. You have like 2 years tops with new games, then it will be all gone for good.

But people still play WFB. There's been a small but fairly steady amount of battle reports and painting progress. Not to mention WHRP is still fairly popular.

Warhammer Fantasy is only as dead as we let it be. Lots of people still play older editions of D&D and things like that, I don't see why we can't keep our dead game alive.

Attached: 1472694213867.png (622x928, 1.19M)

>Is TW:WH and Vermintide the only thing that keeps this pathetic thread alive?
Sure thing pal.
>but it's dead guys.
>koW
>IX Age
>4th edition WHRP

You faggots can migrate to AoS threads and keep sucking GWs corporate cock. Nothing will be "gone for good" while retards like me keep meeting in cold basements and playing supposedly "dead games" till we die of old age.

People have been saying that for a couple of years now, I think we're fine bait man

>tfw really want to field my general on top of a dragon but I know that she'll just get cannonball'd to oblivion turn 1

Attached: 1521855230490.gif (466x315, 788K)

Elves, Empire or Chaos?

What books do I need to read to learn about greenskins? Gobbos and orcsies included.

Don't fight armies with cannons???

Alternatively stop playing shitty 8th

>not using cover

Cannons exist in other editions too, bub

Elf, though I didn't know Empire had dragons? I think KFC had one and that one FW girl but thats about it

>don't fight armies with cannons

So, what, you show up, see dwarfs, and just tell them your not playing?

My WHFB club is still alive after a month! Yesterday I taught a new player, my goblins vs a borrowed empire army. 1st turn had 4 failed animosity tests and a failed stupidity test, so it started off great for him.

Attached: A332D44F-C0FF-42DD-8D43-66F8ADD57A2A.jpg (4032x3024, 3.38M)

He quickly learned to love cannons, blowing away my mangler squigs and killing a bunch of goblins in the center.

Attached: 24865E7C-E827-45B4-A8C7-70D286773F5A.jpg (4032x3024, 2.57M)

That necromancer looks like he might be lost

>cannons existed in other editions

Yes when rider profiles were separated and cannons needed to be guessed for range instead of acting like laser precision middle attacks.

>playing against andwarf gunline
>ever

Dwarf gunlines are never fun for either player. Your example is a scenario where not playing is the best choice

Empire, too. And Skaven. And Ogres.

>guessed for range
Lmao, if you missed with that you're certified shitter. Exactly as easy to hit as they are in 8th

But I ended up with a solid magic phase- buffing my goblins and debugging his spears. After I had jammed some fanatics through his units a combined charge of trolls and night goblins collapsed his central unit. We had to call the game on time- but he said he had a blast watching all the crazy stuff happen and is looking forward to more games!

Attached: 66721FA6-CBFC-4D0E-B229-B7B6EC2097A9.jpg (1536x2048, 752K)

He was proxying as a fire wizard- but yes, he was a bit lost.

Attached: E0395EE5-561C-44FC-8232-FE6D3F98FB3E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

I kind of know that feel. Bret army I got second hand had a single pegasus. I think it was meant for a paladin, but I don't exactly have a lord model and the idea of a lord on a pegasus sounds cool, so...

Are there any news on what fluff the new WHRP edition will be based on?

Someone in an __AoS__ thread mentioned it going the alternate universe route, so I was wondering if there's been any news on that front?

Attached: 1521218393688.png (500x680, 388K)

Good old fantasy is what, possibly SoC
All we know is that its set in the world we know

All we know is that it's keeping fairly close to 2e in tone and rules. I imagine it might just take place in that vague world where SoC never happened that came in 7th and 8th, which is fine by me since I honestly mostly ignored the post-SoC parts anyway.

Think I'll just say "fuck it" and go for it, I want the model for my collection anyway, and just run it. 500 points of 50x150mm close combat "fuck you", if it doesn't eat artillery fire right away

So I used to play Dwarfs, I had a gunline back in 7th edition, never played 8th; army was a bunch of cannons, organ guns, thunderers, big ol' block of longbeards, anvil of doom, couple of gyrocopters.

I rather enjoyed it and most people I Played against seemed to like playing against me; was it because I did have that big block of longbeards that stopped me from being a pure gunline, or was my playgroup just wierd?

Always fun to see a quick battlereportish, especially when it's accompanied by images! Keep 'em coming!

So I decided to buy the lordling to use as my charioteer. I gave him a flail instead of the oversized axe.

Attached: wVccjz.jpg (1208x679, 163K)

Anyways, do you guys think that I should go impaled head(s) on his shoulder spike or not? Here's an orc example.

Attached: otzeM3.jpg (1208x679, 183K)

I'm shit at making stuff like that work so I'd not do it, but maybe you can make it work

Probably a combination of longbeards and weird group

Like that other guy said, probably a mixture of both.

I have a hatred for dwarven gunlines churning in my belly every time I face one. I am however a human bean and am able to pretend I'm having a fun game.

>I am a human bean
You monster!

Attached: UJTjrrF.jpg (1200x675, 106K)

Go away, this meem is too spicy for you.

Attached: humanbean.png (589x570, 20K)

I play dwarfs and i too hate the gunline, but it's literally the only way to win.
dwarf infantry sucks

>real human bean
>and a real hero

>dwarf infantry sucks
It can almost go toe to toe with Nurgle Warriors.

He didn't mean fighting wise he meant on the whole

>low movement
>boons to crossbow/greatweapon

They an army that heavily incentivizes turlting up in a corner and whittling down the enemy. Their infantry isn't very diverse in this regard and they have no skirmishing or cavalry type units to expand up on play styles.

Dwarves have the following:
>gunline
>phalanx and gunline
>helicopters and gunline

You must create a harem and select a harem protagonist using units.

What does your absurd harem genre stuck in the warhammer fantasy world consist of?

>Grail Knight. Protagonist.
>Lady of Bretonnia. Girl Next Door
>High Elf. Cavalry Rival
>Wood Elf archer. Fae + Range weapon = Confused urges.
>Halfling who wants to be a squire. Adorable

Die in a fire

Now that post gave me cancer.

This warms the cockles of my heart. Good job!

I had dwarf warriors tank quite a few things, especially with shields and a character leading them

Protagonist
>Vlad von carstein
Harem
>Isabella von Carstein
>Isabella von Carstein
>Isabella von Carstein

Attached: lewd_izy.png (462x431, 204K)

Whats your favorite faction and waifu?

Attached: waifu values not by faction.jpg (2144x2104, 780K)

>mfw in 9th age a dwarf marches longer than a human and lots of units get vanguard and dwarfs are no longer a solely gunline army

Attached: Amelie.gif (500x213, 474K)

Tomb Kings

Grow the fuck up man-child

From the webstore page:

>Welcome to the Goblin and Orc Hordes collection. Alternative Armies high fantasy range ran from the period of the early 1990's through to the end of that decade. Designed by leading names in the wargaming industry and highly successful in its day we have re-mastering, re-molded and released this entire range back onto the market and we are adding to it too.

In other words, it was of comparable quality to 4th Ed. WHFB.

Finally finished my first mini. Still needs some grey in his beard and a pair of eyes, but he's ready for combat

Attached: 20180326_153024.jpg (5312x2988, 1.7M)

paints need a thinning but apartfrom that it's an acceptable first try

>top three are elves

How does it feel to have objectively bad taste?

Very nice for a first mini, user

Just because you're slow centered around turtling doesn't mean that you have to go (full) gun line. You could just as easily replace the non-artillery shooters with a couple or regiments of infantry supported by one or two small units of quarrelers with GWs that doubles as flankers.

Asur. I honestly don't give a shit about waifus.

Attached: high elf swordmaster old.jpg (435x654, 68K)

Can you stop posting this in every thread?

I seek guidance, /wfg/. I'm looking for WHFB novels written from the point of view of Chaos characters, human, beastman, daemon, anything goes. Can you help me?

Personally I think the head looks a little awkward just hanging there - I'd try taking a head, or maybe a skull, and drilling a hole through it so it looks properly impaled at least.

High elves, even though my lady looks more like dark elfu

Did you prime it?

Yeah, that's what I'm going to do if I decide on adding heads/skulls to it. The orc one was just tacked on with blu tac to give an approximation on how it would look.

Yeah, I used way too much.

>unpainted minis

Wulfrik

He said the clubs been going a month user, chill.

How do you do, fellow Bright Wizards?

I should work on the cross more.
Also I need to give em washes, ran out yesterday.

Attached: 20180326_232306.jpg (4128x2322, 2.36M)

Can a vamp counts get away with only 2 casters? I figure a durable Vampire Lord on foot and a shitfucker vampire thrall on a nightmare could hold up for the long haul while being hard to gank by cannons and gunfuckers, or am I being stupid?

i suppose some people do have jobs, fair

Any news on WHFRP 4e?

Like this user said , but also Van Horstmann, Valkia, Archaon, Sigvald, Pawns of Chaos, the Beastmen story from Trollslayer is partly from the perspective of the Chaos champion

Depends on the edition but as far as i know two vampires is pretty ok in 1000-2000 pts. Lists. Above that try to squeeze in a cheap necromancer

Gonna need that sauce

Still gave me a (you), fag-man.

How dead would this thread be without GW giving license to their dead game to some vidya guys?
Honestly? It's what keeps you alive.

You made this post earlier you goblinoid fuck

Thank you, good anons. It is time I embarked on some heresy now.

>Heresy
You mean gain favor