Magic - Spoilers - Dominaria

AYOOO

Attached: teferi_timebender_en.png (1200x1675, 3.06M)

Other urls found in this thread:

mythicspoiler.com/dom/cards/teferiheroofdominaria.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Chandra

Attached: 15k69wf7a5o01.png (1200x1675, 3.51M)

>not awful for a walmart card
>they didn't make him 7 mana
>they didn't give him an awful = ability
>+ ability is underwhelming tho, but not shit

I like it

>O-Oh no, he's hot.

Man that art on Teferi is just jarring. He... just doesn't look like his previous cards at all. It really mystifies me, Teferi always looked good, especially on his Time Spiral card. Why didn't they draw him like that again?

Also, where the fuck is his baller hat?

awesome hats aren't hip, I guess

All the post-invasion art of him lacks it.

Attached: 43.jpg (312x445, 63K)

And that's fucking lame. They had a chance here to bring Teferi's hat back. Also, have they explained the retcon they're doing here with him? During the events of Time Spiral he clearly gave up his spark and was no longer a planeswalker. How'd he get one back? Do we have an explanation on that yet?

this is such a weird choice for the art. In this he looks like he was drawn as a white guy and colored black. The other art depicts him better in all instances

Attached: EN_Teferi_Footer.jpg (400x177, 20K)

...Did Teferi somehow timebend himself into being extremely handsome?

Something to do with Jhoira, looks like. Which makes sense considering she still has her Spark, is a master artificer, and an amateur artificer planeswalker was able to pop his out and could conceivably put it back in again.
Plus they were Time Rifts. It could've just been lost in time, and that's not such a huge asspull since the only person really affected is Teferi. Everybody else who sealed one is dead.

Attached: opt2.jpg (265x370, 43K)

Meh, PW deck cards.

>implying Teferi wasn't always handsome

Jhoira never had a spark. It was a big part of her character that she wasn't a planeswalker when she was surrounded by and had to work with several.

>Jhoira never had a spark. It was a big part of her character that she wasn't a planeswalker when she was surrounded by and had to work with several.
Whoops, my bad. Was thinking of Jaya and her random Spark at the end of her arc. Still, point stands that she's one of the oldest and most well trained Artificers in MtG, trained by Urza himself to deal with Phyrexian machinery

You can bet every single godawful Atraxa Deck in EDH is gonna snap up a Teferi, doubly so since he Ults immediately with Doubling Season out. Hope you're ready for those fuckers to take even longer for their turns if you don't gun them down right away.

dude imagine with Oath of teferi
>2 activations a turn
>+counters shenanigans
>infinite turns

Suprising she got a card, considering she bailed first thing that happened in the story.

Why though? He’s a 6 mana pw with a 5 mana ultimate. Just run Time Walk.

He looks a lot like Idris Elba.

Maybe the film is happening?

*Time Warp

No, it's just the usual "man the black character we have should look like Idris Elba!"
The movie will never happen.

The amount of hair Teferi has seems to drastically vary between each card.

In EDH time walk with a pw body for one more mana is p worth it.

Can someone draw a beard on this Teferi?

Oh, these are for duel decks, aren't they? I was worried.

Yep, actual-booster Teferi is here:
mythicspoiler.com/dom/cards/teferiheroofdominaria.html

looked like he had blue eyes in the OP.
here's a full art.

Attached: 8zimso9jd5o01.jpg (1059x1440, 141K)

When did Teferi become a Planeswalker again? He gave up his spark during Timespiral.

Is there even one single white male in this set?

>Jaya
She was always a planeswalker

Looks nothing like Teferi.

Hashtag not my pyromancer
Hashtag Jaya lives matter

Because EDH is a singleton format, and they're already running Time Warp.

Why didn't they use Jaya for the deck? This way she'd have another card instead of getting yet another Chandra.

Attached: lCCPg-rK.jpg (1252x1252, 188K)

There's a statue of Gerrard.

Attached: triumphofgerrard1[1].jpg (265x370, 37K)

> implying Chandra cards aren't just Jaya cards with red hair.

> Wizards: brings back old fan favorite character who is relevant to the current set
> Veeky Forums: "But why aren't there more white men?"
Seriously, you sound like Tumblr, whining that there's not enough of "muh repreezentayshun".

haha niggers amirite, OP?
I'm also subscribed to Jeremy's channel The Quartering, where he shares his unbiased insights on MTG, gender politics, and other facets of pop culture! You should come visit sometime!

Why does Teferi look like Idris Elba?
Holy fucking WORKED. Jeremy is living in your head rentfree

I wouldn't mind a red planeswalker with more control-based abilities rather than just bolts, since Chandra took her place.

Maybe Daretti could fill that niche.

Go away /asp/

I really like the art on the Sagas

Attached: historybenalia.jpg (374x527, 46K)

>call a youtuber a shithead
>HAHAHA HE WINS xDDD

Jeremy-shills leave

Yeah, they're really cool looking. I can't wait until we get them in MSE so I can start making some.

Ding-dong-diddly worked

Would be a nice foil.

I can already see these things getting flickered a ton. Fall of the thran with Brago etc.

>mythic
I hope they go to cents, especially foils, because that's one piece of art I actually like.

Definitely after Dominaria rotates out, at least with that one. It's niche enough that it'll probably be strong in standard but not a huge draw outside of it.

This will be very fun to play around with. I really like the small Phyrexians at the bottom.

Attached: fallofthethran.png (1923x1082, 1.59M)

Considering the Knight support in current standard, it probably won't be a thing for a while.
I'm having high hopes that Radiant Destiny will have a big impact after that abortion Kaladesh rotates.

A lot of the art in this set is pretty great

Attached: timbergorge.png (1200x1675, 2.5M)

The art has been really nice on them, i just really hate the layout/frame.

Ramp it out, exile the other guys yard?

Phyrexian scripture tech ;^)
Junk control soon

hi jeremy

Mythic? Really?

This one is a nice reference to Calciform Pools from Timespiral

Attached: meanderingriver.png (1200x1675, 2.9M)

Also make sure to run some cards that can be sacced for value or have ETB effects to get the most out it.

muh limited balance

Are these not loading correctly or just horribly upscaled low-rez art?

These things are so fucking wasted. They have NO flavor at all, the abilities are as generic as generic gets.

I would have rather had some vanilla dork with a great flavor text than this kind of bland shit.

MUH
L I M I T E D
I
M
I
T
E
D

>This will be very fun to play around with
>Incredibly shitty Armageddon that costs 6

Nah.

>Armageddon that can be flickered

The cards is lowres, I havent found them in good quality yet

Horribly upscaled low-rez art

>Dominaria is the subsaharan Africa plane

Well MaRo did say they were going to give Dominaria an identity

>can take a beating
>untaps an artifact
>repeatable, helps loop himself
>In a pinch can draw you cards (and heal you I guess)
It's just the standard question of "Why run planeswalkers when you can just run the abilities as spells instead", it's because planeswalkers have more options available to them, and have more board presence than a spell.
He's not a fucking JTMS, but he's not bad for a planeswalker deck walker, especially for singleton formats.

Please tell me the B/W Knights deck is real. I need it to be real.

You wouldn't need to flicker it if it was a real Geddon instead of a shitty one that allows people to have their lands back.

no retard

And none of that matters, because if you're playing it you're playing it to get a reusable Armageddon. I don't know why you're so focused on the getting lands back thing, when that realistically would never happen if a deck you're playing it in.

I guess so, but he's really artifact-oriented.

>armageddon that can be flickered and auto-repairs the board, prioritising you
Wow it's almost as if different cards have different purposes

>Glacian's powerstone sealing the Koilos portal to Phyrexia
Art is fucking on point.

>Teferi's daughter
>lives in a mud hut

How did this get through

Why the fuck would you ever want a "reusable Armageddon" when Armageddon is LITERALLY a spell that reads "if this resolves, you automatically win the game in 100% of situations"?

Because it doesn't actually win you the game in all situations?

Yeah, Armageddon's purpose is to win the fucking game and this card's purpose is to be fucking worthless.

Only possible situation where I could see this doing something is if there were lands with extremely broken ETB effects, so broken that triggering that effect again is worth six mana, but I don't think that's a real thing that exists.

If you're ahead on board, it does.

The concept of having to cast Armageddon twice in the same game is just completely absurd to me. I don't see that ever being necesssary in any realistic situation. It's like having to swing twice with an Emrakul.

You really have no conception of what it means to control the board state? To ensure your opponents are less likely to have an answer?

a-are those breasts?

>armageddon isn't in standard

>user's search for tits has gotten so desperate he sees them where there are none

I just thought of a nasty combo for standard. GW, play this and silent gravestone, use llanowar elves and other mana producing creatures to use the gravestone so only you can cast shit.

does this count?

Attached: urzasruinousblast3.jpg (265x370, 40K)

You could cut the bullshit and just use Phyrexian Scriptures. I think the synergy was meant to be made mechanically and flavorwise.

Same.
Plus, these finally give me the ability to use some of the vertical fantasy art I've got without having to cut 2/3 of it out to fit a normal frame.

True, but where's the fun in that? With Excavator you can also get all of your lands back.

There is lot of Land tech in Dominaria and Ixalan, i am sure there are some interesting brews possible

Because I can exile their lands and creatures from being destroyed by the PS last turn.

It's an alreday existing character and he's dead, so.. I guess yes, but that's still dubious.

If armagddeon resolves, your opponent can't play anything from their hand. You'll both just fight with whatever you both have on board for enough time that whichever one is ahead wins unless some really insane topdecks happen. And since it's your card you don't cast it if you're behind.

It's pretty much impossible to cast Armageddon and lose unless you make a missplay(which would've killed you with Fall of the Thran as well), but Fall gives your opponent far more room to recover from it.

now I see sagas as twin towers one tower of text, one tower of image

also seeing an eleven in an hexagon on the left, maybe I should check my eyes..

>Teferi found the cure for baldness

the guy removed an island from the timeline i'm sure he can fix his bald spots.

>black people set
>they live in huts

Attached: 1521389982486.jpg (1085x1217, 209K)

Teferi's basically a recolored white dude, now. Why do you think there's so much swooning over how good-looking he is?

>ywn have your own fuck hut with a cute brown native

Attached: niambi_faithful_healer_en.png (1200x1675, 3.07M)