Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/

Describe your current party without mentioning races or classes!

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/YLikTing
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/RqkUXjWZ

Old Thread:

Attached: typical pfg party.png (1074x1384, 1.88M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/MSCb0HHaw0Q?t=12s
youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for ravioli

A relative to a lycanthrope who throws many punches in a sequence and stands with his arms behind his back all the time.

Masked hero who swoops with her whip to beat the ever loving crap out of people while sneaking about.

A holy warrior of the god of bad life choices who is as generic as they come

Weeaboo.

And bookworm nerd who always claims to be the best, but cries when we for once make him clear a giant dungeon alone without taking a break after the first encounter like he always claims to be able to do.

A monster, a spider, a horse and his boy, an old man, a drunk, and a spoiled brat.

A strong, bull-headed young woman

A male prostitute that dresses in drag, with a vigilante identity

A short, perverted arena champion

And a miner.

They all have the drow

>the villain expertly disguises themselves among their own mooks
>the PCs expect just another easy fight against mooks, and therefore go in with minimal preparation, buffs, and overall resource expenditure
>one of the "mooks" suddenly goes into overdrive and reveals themselves as the villain

How mad would you be as a player?

Attached: 81703d8e4dd6be8c22ddb8bc758639cc.jpg (1920x1080, 875K)

Me, a fascist zealot, a crazy bitch from another world, a guy from another world who apparently has his destiny here, an ex pirate who killed my horse "on accident," a shapeshifter with no name, and a typical guy who hides in the shadows with daggers and never talks

>implying the party needs buffs or doesn't have buffs active constantly
>implying the party needs prep time
>implying the party doesnt blow all their abilities immediately for every combat because they get them all back in a round or two
PoW was a mistake.

Ban Path of War.

Attached: veilweavers.gif (272x251, 485K)

A music man and magician, somewhat of a voice of reason in the group.

A somewhat incompetent but well meaning squire who grew into a king.

A doctor from a foreign land.

A woman who has given up on the gods, but not on life.

And a man from the north, looking for his old companions.

A Private Eye who was called in to pay back a party member he owed.
A would be swordsman from Mivon who is trying to find fame and fortune
A special agent from Lastwall sent to investigate and secure lost resources
A quiet Tian warrior who always wears a mask.
I just wish our game would stop getting cancelled ALL THE TIME. I haven't played in over six months

Right here:

>Two PoW characters fight an entire encounters worth of non-PoW martials.

youtu.be/MSCb0HHaw0Q?t=12s

>A male prostitute that dresses in drag, with a vigilante identity
How cute is he?

Attached: 0a0fa2d6d285c4d7e9337c5d0920e281.png (495x1000, 589K)

>Haven't played in over six months

So... The game was cancelled?

>He also was apparently into ladyknights since one of his most trusted officers, and alleged lover, wore a goddamn armored ball gown.

What the heck, I need the art of this F/N type bullshit.

a grumpy responsible dad, his bound manservant, and their four daughters: innocent wideeyed dwarf who just doesn't know whats going on, worldly half-elf who gets shit done, perpetually starving and bloodsoaked half-elf who just wants to get laid by half-orcs, and the pixie pyromaniac.

As cute as a kitten because he is one

what's up Veeky Forums

I'm going to be taking part on a 3-player campaign soon enough. So far we've got a shield-centric Fighter and a conjuration Wizard.
I'm confident in the wizard's ability to control the battlefield, but the fighter might end up being a little dud-y being so shield-focused and I might need to make up with lots of dpr, that and the fact that we've got no party face.

I'm torn between a Sorcerer that later specs into Dragon Disciple and a Mysterious Stranger Gunslinger.

I should mention that this is core-only + Alchemist and Gunslinger.

What class do you recommend? Should I go with something else?

>core only
Don't play and convince them to run this in 5e.

First thing I tried, but DM has already said he wants to play PF and since he's actually got the books I don't think I'm going to change his mind at this point.

Prepare for suffering as the wizard solves literally everything

Has this ever happened before? Like, seriously?

Speaking from personal experience, the meme of "the caster solves everything" only bears out in actual gameplay when one (or both) of two things happen:
1. The player in question is actually smart or creative enough to do anything other than use their magic to help themselves beatstick AND bored enough to prep for it, or
2. The DM is so much of a bastard that he forces that creativity through sheer adversity.

Reminder that the gods will always choose their own agendas over your well-being. You are nothing more than an ant to them. Three hundred years of war, and they did nothing. They don't really care. Mortals can only rely on each other.

Attached: Rahadoum_symbol.jpg (624x819, 83K)

How are those mortal plague cures coming along?

Yes, because "I cast divination spells then fill up their empty slots with whatever is tuned to the day" is creativity.

Casting speak with dead, teleport/dimension door/knock/dispel X, etc are all SO fucking creative interesting solutions.

At a pace that cares. It's harder, but once it's done it will be something reliable, not subject to the whims of beings whose favor is fickle at best, to whom we are mere pawns in a vast game.

Friendly reminder that Rahadoum was doing fine until Sarenrae showed up and tried to enforce their religion on the region.

Literally all of those spells have drawbacks or limitations that prevent them from being gamebreaking you mong, people like you that only read the clifnotes versions of spells are what's wrong with Pathfinder.

And those drawbacks are all insignificant, and easily circumvented, or straight up don't come up. Now fuck off back to the Paizo forums. This has been explained numerous times ad infinitum, and at this point if you're not fucking convinced you're either retarded or a legitimate fucking shill.

An information-broker who is the brains of the party, with an utterly-terrifying pet bird.
A repentant man with the biggest heart, and the most steadfast refusal to remove his helmet.
Either an airheaded and charismatic noblewoman who owns a dragon, or a lazy and bullheaded dragon who owns a noblewoman.
Literally a dog, except he has a sage in his head to lead him on the right path.
A near-berserker warrior who is best described as "Team Four Star Goku, but more evil and with tits". Now owns an evil horse.
The berserker's cousin, more tactical and utilitarian rather than the murderfucking of her cousin. Looks bizarrely-similar to the point that they look like twins.

You say that like having a buffed-up villain suddenly come out of nowhere and beat up the party before running away giggling wouldn't catch ANY party off-guard; save your simplistic strawmanning for some other time, my dude.

The fact that you think it's about game breaking shows you don't know shit. Those abilities(except for teleport) aren't game-breaking" it's the fact that wizards/druids/clerics/arcanists/shamans/etc can get literally EVERYTHING they want with negligible opportunity cost that unbalances things. This is before we even start talking about wands and fucking scrolls.

And that many spells are uninteresting "I fucking win" buttons.

Except it literally wouldn't happen. You could have a villain teleport into the middle of his good squad after spending an hour buffing up for all it matters and all that'll happen is a PoW character would take two turns to kill them instead of one.

Pretty swell considering, that Cure Disease is a third level extract/potion that alchemists can make in addition to mundane antiplague options being a thing.

It's okay to not like path of war user, but at least attempt to know what your talking about.
>take two turns to kill them instead of one.
So exactly what would happen in a Paizo only game? When the fuck will people realize a combat encounter that goes on for 2+ rounds with out some significant enemy getting taken is really fucking unusual.

Jokes on you, Gorum IS war and I am his blade.

>"oh wow it's like my strawman only supports the idea that the enemy ALSO won't have counters or boosts to make a getaway not just possible, but quite likely~!"
>"I sure hope someone calls me out on my bullshit so I can spout more meeeeeemes at them~!"

When there's more than 2 enemies per PC, or when the enemies arrive in staggered waves.

Yep, sure is great how PoW forcibly requires PoW to also be used by the enemies or else it breaks everything. Not a balance problem at all, nope.

What is all this PoW talk, isn't its 3rd party?

No, you're a retard and so is your god for thinking the own the concept of warfare. Not like that's anything to be proud of considering how terrible war is anyway.

I don't get it either. 3rd party is a meme. If I want to make shit up, I'll ask my DM directly.

Gorum isn't even a particularly fun War God. He's got no personality beyond, "I am Strong, and I like Strength."

Yes. Most people here don't play with Paizo only content because at that point there are many other games you would be better off playing. It seriously baffles me how someone could play this shit game with no third party supplements or homebrew and enjoy it outside of sheer ignorance to better alternatives.

Because he is the purest form of conflict which has no personality beyond "I am big, I am stronk and my herald is literally the first weapon that existed".

Why would I take someone else's made up shit when I can just make up my own shit?
At what point do rules even matter?

>spellcasters don't require spellcasters to properly counter

The point is, if you are not doing your god's agenda then you are worshiping the wrong god.

Just limit the game to casters that don't prepare spells from a big list (I suppose Paladins/Rangers are still OK because of their staggered progression)

Keep it Sorcerers, Oracles, Bards only for the most part. If people bitch too much, offer much more constrained versions of prepared casters like single school wizards or clerics with only god-approved spell lists (domains + some). Add skill ranks or skill-oriented class features in order to make 2+int per level less constraining.

Or just stick to lower level campaigns that don't have endless magic items and scrolls available everywhere, that also works.

Attached: What is it, Max.gif (300x252, 2.79M)

>Changing the system requires changing the system

Wow, user, excellent insight, thank you.

Yeah, which is fucking boring. Even the goddamn Greeks gave us two War Gods representing different aspects of conflict.

"I win" spells aren't worth the slots they occupy due to the fact that many of them are going to be targeting saves that the enemy will have a very good chance of making, and almost none of them are Partial saves so when they make it you will have wasted your slot (and turn) for nothing. Being boring is honestly besides the point.

As for casters being able to get everything they want, that's got nothing to do with them being able to "solve everything" when talking about actual gameplay and not "I have 5 months worth of downtime to do whatever I want" whiteboard nonsense, again not helped by the fact that apparently people here think Divination spells mean that you get to take your DM into a dark alley and mug them for his campaign's details and inner workings.

Also all of this is assuming that this isn't a team-based game and that every player is only ever going to be out for themselves, though given where I am right now I'm not shocked that type of attitude is prevalent.

Those casters also have shit that's wrong with them as many spells are still game shattering and I can just sue something that's not nearly as inherently busted like Psionics, Spheres, or porting Incarnum.

One being the strategic and honorable aspect and the other being the personification of violent conflict in it's purest form with his entire personality being "I am the strongest, I am the biggest and I am literally so angry that I can't go on five minutes without waging war or possessing a statue to wage war if old traditions are to be believed.

I think it's less "the Rogue and the Wizard are racing to see who can unlock the door the fastest" and more the friendly Wizard saying "Hey Rogue! Don't worry, I got this." as he opens the door from across the room while the Rogue feels like he's wasting his time being there.

3rd party is as legit as something i can write in this post.

Attached: go go.jpg (830x815, 193K)

>he fact that many of them are going to be targeting saves that the enemy will have a very good chance
Yeah, if the player is retarded and the game is on ten point buy.
>"I have 5 months worth of downtime to do whatever I want"
5 months. Try a few hours a day to a full on day.
>muh team based games
The game has nothing to actually support this style of play and it's not really contributing to the team when one member can be replaced with a few hirelings to coup de grace.

Martials feel this too, you know, especially when PoW and gestalt are available.

Tell me more user, what can it do for my build?

If gestalt's on the table though any given martial character should have enough tricks that they shouldn't feel completely outclassed or pointless, even if they're gestalting two full-BAB classes.

>durr hurr I don't have an actual argument for why Paizo casters aren't busted so I'm just going to say your a bad player

youtube.com/watch?v=zFuMpYTyRjw
Yes, and they feel it when the wizard in the party. And frankly considering path of war classes are MEANT to be straight upgrades to Paizo martial classes you have no one to blame but your fucking self if you decide to piss about with an archetype Fighter when there are warders and warlords running around.
>gestalt
See above, on top of gestalt being a fucking houere and mode of play from another game.

Fuck, gestalt BENEFITS martials more than casters by nature of there's so much more passive stuff that's helpful for them.

When you can cast 3-4 spells a day from the level the particular overpowered spell comes from, I'm sure the DM will be able to handle it. Like, give me some examples - outside of some admittedly powerful crowd control at lower levels, not a whole lot of spells outright break the game until 5th or higher.

If enemies come in waves and use cover when appropriate, they will likely reduce the effect of the more combat centric spells. Pad the day with more encounters to exhaust the wizard resources, anyways, and do the same for spells that replace skill checks (Knock, Fly, a whole variety of stuff).

If you can use 1 out of 4 level 2 spells you have to open a single door in a whole compound of doors, suddenly having a rogue doesn't sound so bad.

A fighter||rogue, fighter||barbarian, fighter||ranger, etc aren't that mechanically distinct

Have you seen the saves for CR-appropriate encounter enemies? In my experience 90% of the time the worst save an enemy will have is going to be Reflex (assuming they don't have SR at higher levels, which is a whole 'nother bag of dicks to get around), and aside from MAYBE the Pit spells I implore you to find a Reflex spell that's save or die.

>The game has nothing to actually support this style of play
Okay now I know you're either just trolling or stupid.

>wizards aren't overpowered at all
Is this a troll or has the general gotten this fucking hipster that it's becoming paizo forums just to contradict itself?

Here:
Evenbiggersby's Molesting Hand
Level 5 wizard/sorcerer
Evocation (force)
Target: one humanoid or monstrous humanoid creature of size Huge or larger
Duration: 1 round / CL
Components: S, V, M (a strand of pubic hair)
Evenbiggersby's Molesting Hand creates Large magic hand that appears between your opponents legs. Each round opponents must make a will save or they fall to the floor as if under effect of Hideous Laughter. If the target fails at least one save you get +4 bonus on Diplomacy and Bluff checks to influence the target, and they take -4 penalty to spells of enchantment school cast by you.

A hippy, a snobby, angelic girl, and a man that looks like a gay pirate. Sounds like the beginning of a joke, doesn't it?

All depends on how you build them, user.
Fighter||Ranger does sound pretty shit though

Some people optimize *way* harder with gestalt+PoW than others, and when that happens the entire game just becomes a cakewalk where you let the fine-tuned killing machine jump into the fray and slaughter everything with no damage while we twiddle our thumbs.

That's pretty good, does the Hideous Laughter effect key off of the spell itself, or is it considered an enchantment spell like the original? Also, does the hideous laughter effect end each turn and get re-applied the next turn, or does the spell effectively end after the first failed save?

Each turn target entitles to the save, if they make it they can act normally (tho if they failed previously they start prone). Spell itself is evocation.

That's really, really good then, particularly if it can replicate the effects of Hideous Laughter without being counted as a mind-affecting or enchantment effect.

What kind of cleric would you recommend and how do you play him?

Shelynite Cleric built around being the party mascot and moral rock.

Necromancer Cleric of Urgathoa with a penchant for raising his slain allies and enemies with their intellect intact.

Cleric of Abadar who makes constant notes about what laws and rules the party breaks and demands compensation afterwards, calls dips on the treasure and tries to sell that shit right back to the party.

I would recommend not playing a cleric.
Or this, because that character would get booted from the group so fucking hard and you'd reroll anyway.

Cleric of Cayden Cailean who's adventuring to save up enough to open his own tavern/brewery.

Literally the cleric my first Pathfinder party had

Why does he have four daughters like that?

Attached: 3081e01dc8d58f517894391978ef32a4.jpg (967x953, 152K)

Cleric of Cayden Cailean. Except he's not actually a cleric and he's just a bartender, but nobody can tell the difference and his diplomacy is so high he never has to actually fight or use his spells.

Warpriest of Cayden Cailean, with Unarmed Strike and Weapon Focus: Unarmed. He gets into drunken brawls and doesn't afraid of anything

Druid of Cayden Cailean, who grows hops, rye and wheat with his magic to make the best brews. He only fights when his hops are threatened.

An antipaladin of Cayden Cailean, who is sober.

Don't forget beekeeping for that sweet honeyed mead.

A VERY scared tiefling druid,
a prostitute bard who is apparently also the king of the capital city
the prostitute's cleric boyfriend
an old kenku druid

Is there a Druid archetype that can speak with swarms or something?

>the Bud Knight.
Not named after a piss of a brew, but a mind-affecting narcotic despised by the Good god Cayden. He seeks to eradicate all brews and replace it with his degenerate cannabis.

The Devil's Lettuce.

One day, my character is going to own a big ole apiary to go with the pastures, orchard and Amber fields of grain!

So Asmo likes a good old fashioned toke every so often? Is that why Hell is so hot, because Asmodeus is hotboxing it 24/7?

It’s hot because of Dahak, actually. Asshole flew in and bathed it all in dragonflame.

Lawful Evil. He's definitely not hotboxing because the use of narcotics is unlawful.

how do I into dragon disciple Veeky Forums?

Scaled Fist Monk 1 / Draconic Bloodline Sorcerer 4 / => Dragon Disciple X?

But the more people are high and useless, the more amenable they are to following directions!

Rowdy intoxicated people are great at following directions!