EDH/Commander General

losing friends edition

Last time on /edhg/: (You) (Cross-thread)

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their decks strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commanders color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Also unofficial, also GOAT search interface.
scryfall.com

>Thread Question
what's your favorite salt-mine card? what's the saltiest you've ever gotten someone you played with?

Attached: file.png (223x310, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mtggoldfish.com/articles/much-abrew-unexpected-tron-modern
manastack.com/deck/iroas-gods-angels-and-devotion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What's your 3 favorite things to do in EDH?

Mine:
>Transform/Meld
>Reanimate
>Token Copies

>accidentally copied over the (you) revealing me to be the OP of the last thread.
well don't i look stupid

Attached: file.png (223x310, 140K)

>friend is addicted to cracking packs
>buys boxes and shit all the time
>usually ends up with garbage but very rarely gets pulls like pic related
>justifies the entire vicious cycle all over again
I wish I could tell him that dropping $300 on MM17 packs was a waste and he could have just spent that shit on singles

Attached: received_10160150371660635.jpg (4048x3036, 954K)

>thread question

Donked someone in 1v1 who played a turn 2 karoo.

Attached: image.png (223x311, 108K)

>thread question

when I resolve this, the salt mines overflow with bounty

Attached: Mana Breach.jpg (223x310, 34K)

I animated everyone's lands, cast insurrection, and sacced them for Mana at end of turn.

Hey, at least you're giving us good thread questions

My best salt-mine is Lapse of certainty. People always get super pissed when the mono white deck kicks them in the dick with a counterspell.

Attached: 1498712180179.jpg (480x360, 13K)

>Thread Question
Always pic related. Turns out Zacama players get very upset when you counter their general and their lands won't untap.

Attached: 25.jpg (312x445, 59K)

>what's the saltiest you've ever gotten someone you played with?
I have a fairly casual Sydri artifact deck that has a janky combo of making Arcbound Crusher into an infinite/infinite creature (Sydri, Galvanic Genius makes Seat of the Synod, it dies. Use Salvaging Station to get it back. Sydri, Galvanic Genius makes Seat of the Synod, it dies. Salvaging Station untaps, repeat infinite times).

The deck is super casual on purpose, absolutely zero tutors. I finally manage to draw into the combo for the first time and swing at my last opponent. He plays pic related.
After watching SaffronOliver's Unexpected Tron deck
>mtggoldfish.com/articles/much-abrew-unexpected-tron-modern
I though it would be cool to make a mad scientist themed deck with cool cards like Unexpected Results and Blast of Genius. Anyone has seen something similar to this idea? Or some primer; or anything?

Attached: 92988_200w.jpg (200x285, 24K)

>countering Zacama with Mana Tithe

I wish I was there. My sides would be in orbit from that

>tfw you assemble Kaldratron
VIOLENCE ENSUES

Attached: 1463181276438.jpg (513x464, 108K)

Is assembling Kaldratron even worth it?

Guy I used it on had no idea white counterspells even existed.

I hit his mana doubler with Illumination a couple turns later.

Sure. A 9/9 haste/first strike/trample creature that borders on unremovable until you exile the pieces? That exiles anything it deals damage to? Kaldra is a serious problem once he's on the field. The Kaldra player can deploy all the wipes he feels like, even exile all creatures is not a problem.

Attached: Keksimus Maximus.jpg (596x628, 39K)

>have these in play
>Hand is a commander's sphere, a forest, vine trellis, and Ashnod's Altar
>Start of main phase
>Play the forest

What happens?

Attached: mound.png (450x313, 288K)

Game ends in a draw if no one can remove either piece

The game will end in a draw unless some player can end the loop.

The game draws

when a land or saproling etb's, sporemound will trigger and make a saproling, triggering it again.

this is an infinite loop. Without a stifle ability, it will be impossible for the stack to empty, move to the next phase etc.

In this situation, if no players can stop it, the game is a draw

Brewing Mirri Hatebears with a side dish of Voltron. Give me your best evil bears.

>kaldra
>$5 each piece
Oh, right. I always forget to put on my order list, and I guess I'm not putting it in anymore. They should at least print a token for it.

It's his money user, let him enjoy himself you judgmental asshat

Attached: 26805410_1922441524452119_3912124565420964328_n.jpg (500x522, 26K)

just proxy the token

I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my build here. It is on manastacks:
iroas-gods-angels-and-devotion
It is a bit slower than my other deck but i tried to do something different. It is enchantment focused. I'm hoping that I didn't miss any big value enchantment pieces.

Post the full link you gayboy

The art we have now doesn't do justice to it. And the fan arts I have found aren't particularly good either. Maybe I will get a set of kaldra when I finally decide to build that Glissa deck.

manastack.com/deck/iroas-gods-angels-and-devotion
Hurtful words friend
I also have a dragon tribal deck i've been building for years on that account, if anyone is interested. First time poster on tg btw

Thread Question:

Global Ruin. Oh sweet jesus.

>Playing 5C Spirits Feat. Horde of Notions
>Not a whole lot of ramp but I did get domain with no extras
>Friend is ramping super hard in my GW Karametra deck
>Super Christmas land ramp
>Easily 10+ lands before I get my five
>He drops his hand but can't do anything with it
>Black player board wipes
>He's fine with it, expected it really
>Global Ruin
>Ruin everyone's board 'cept mine
>Game ends as everyone just gives up

It didn't feel good but damn did it feel good.

Attached: varyingdegrees.png (998x430, 1.03M)

>the art we have now doesn't do it justice

had Kamigawa spirit token flashbacks

Attached: ugly spirit art.jpg (200x285, 22K)

>Cast a juicy Living Death
>Eternal Witness targeting Demonic Tutor
>Cheating bullshit into play with Daretti

>what's your favorite salt-mine card? what's the saltiest you've ever gotten someone you played with?
There was some silly 6 player game that got to turn 20 ish and I managed to, with leyline out, Rob a player of killing the table with a Nissa ult using pic related storm count 8
technically I ended up losing that game... but I felt like a winner

Attached: VolcanicAwakening.jpg (223x310, 35K)

oh my lordy i just put together a jank ass wort deck. i may have to make a cut for this. the question is what?

>Cheating bullshit into play with Daretti

My man. My group runs grave hate for my Daretti deck, so I just use Daretti to loot recklessly while I slam fatties via obscene ramp

>smash face
>salt mine
>good thread questions

Attached: 1292123500755.png (520x466, 124K)

Honestly a whole lot better than "Ban Sol Ring?"

Fuck that guy.

Attached: 28167256_10204075123796592_3182151807644948303_n.jpg (528x960, 82K)

I guess I didn't say it jokingly enough but at the same time, we've certainly had worse in the last few weeks.

Attached: 651651656454.jpg (500x713, 52K)

Peach is a whore and Mario games were never fun

I hope you have a way to use those saprolings to win at instant speed. Better be playing Slimefoot and rocking a sac outlet.

The copys from Conspire won't get Storm IIRC. Storm requires the spell to be cast in order to trigger

Might not have been the saltiest but the most satisfying recently...
>Decently late in a 4 player game
>Titania player has ramped to like 20 lands and beat down the other two players
>Taps out for Titania for like the fifth time
>I wrath and dropped Winter Orb
He just conceded on the spot

Attached: winter orb.jpg (223x310, 32K)

So why hasn't sol ring been banned yet, user?

The player who drops it turn one has a huge advantage over the other players.

Attached: 123141245.jpg (388x532, 31K)

And? Nothing wrong with that. Get ready to play Archenemy, user.

I hate sol ring as much as the next guy but there is nothing better then destroying it before they get to use it

>Land, Sol Ring, Pass
>Mountain, Crush, pass
>Table's faces

Attached: 1495992952743.gif (256x173, 1.5M)

I also just got my hands on FTV: Angels and Annihilation so those are a few nice pieces

>thread question
I have friends who scoop when this card hits.

Attached: Image.jpg (223x310, 32K)

>"I have friends who scoop when this card hits."
>tangle wire
>"friends"

i have bad news for you user

>not using objectively superior smelt

Sometimes you just got to roll with what you have on hand, user. Plus, I crushed his dreams.

>oh, you run a high cmc commander with no evasion so you use boots as a crutch?

Attached: mrd-137-turn-to-dust.jpg (672x936, 203K)

That sounds fucking amazing. I haven't had anything like that happen, but one dude scooped and left in a huff after his turn 1 sol ring was force of willed. He has been caught stacking his deck before too, so it was really fucking funny.

Attached: 1513298823678.png (565x486, 461K)

>Caught stacking his deck
Literally why do you still play with him?

i dont understand why people cheat in a casual format. what is the point

That's what I'm saying. First strike you write a written apology to the group. Second strike you're gone

>people making this huge of a deal about sol ring
>in a multiplayer format

W E W

>Thread Question
I have a Riku deck which over time has developed into into an infinite turns ETB shenanigans deck and I was able to get at least 4-5 turns in a row for like 3 games. Friend bitched for like 10 minutes about its cheap and not fun to play against.
He just built a Kaalia deck and mainly uses Rafiq when we 1v1

Attached: Whatthefuckdidyoujustsay.png (259x379, 67K)

Sometimes you don't have a ton of options, and you just need a fourth dude for the pod.

I feel bad for him because no one ever wants to play with him and he just plays himself with two decks in a corner for hours.

I got a guy in my play group who built a kaalia deck. Complains that literally everything is oppressive or "toxic". Tries so hard to force the way people build their decks but his shit is always ore obnoxious. I think he is just salty because his decks used to be the strongest fora long time and we finally updated all of ours out of the budget zone and now he isn't winning all the time.

Jesus, that is one of the saddest things I've read in my life.

What's everyone's favorite way to fill their graveyard?

Attached: Capture.jpg (443x316, 53K)

Hello, it's me

Attached: Image (21).jpg (223x310, 29K)

Maybe he should stop being a shitlord then

Attached: IMG_0303.jpg (511x591, 30K)

thread question.
Bane of Progress and Thief of Blood easy. Especially in Meren where I can reanimate them endlessly.

Attached: 1502819027937.jpg (232x271, 12K)

If a friend has an addiction like gambling you should tell him.

>Friend builds Kaalia when it's brand new
>Broke as fuck because Kaalia
>Build killspells.dec
>Focus Kaalia at all times
>She never can do anything
>He deconstructs the deck because friend knows I thrive on my spite

I wasn't proud of it. But fuck him.

Attached: 1514222724224.png (1918x936, 1.39M)

Friends try to stop friends from pissing their money down the drain.

How come Kaalia players are always described as >that guy? I'm building her and I can accept that with the possibility of me kicking people out of the game T3/4 with MoC or locking players out with Iona comes with getting hate drawn to me. Is part of the deck not the appeal of winning despite being the archenemy from T1?

Attached: 1502430148125.jpg (692x969, 49K)

i can't stop putting this in decks
>thins your deck
>shuffles your deck
>fixes your mana
>enters untapped
>provides colorless mana
>can be recurred for value
i run this shit in my mono-blue deck now. how many of your decks have it?

Attached: download.jpg (190x265, 9K)

>what's your favorite salt-mine card? what's the saltiest you've ever gotten someone you played with?
especially when the blue mage suspects something and leaves mana open.

Attached: 156.jpg (312x445, 57K)

I too thrive on spite, I felt the spite in your short green text and got a little chubby from it. I never build against decks but if i know a mildly irrational play will salt them up even if it doesn't get me the win i often do it. Board wipes and land wipes for days.

I run 4 of it in my mono black discard pauper deck. great for bump in the night

Anyone here interested in that brawl format? though i dont mind using its starting date as a threshold, im not doing rotation for a casual format

Thank god it was reprinted in Masters 25, because the price on that was getting absurd. I agree, it goes in every multicolored deck easily, and even in some mono colored decks that can get value from it.

yeah rotation is kind of a bastard...although it's only once a year...and you are likely only going to lose a percentage of your deck...barring your commander rotating.

i'm going to build one deck and see how it goes. the fact that the card pool is small and the decks are only 60 cards means that a brawl deck probably costs about 15 dollars. that's pretty easy.

Oh boy this is a good one
>on vacation, see an LGS hosting commander night
>brought a yidris precon with me for just this case
>start game with a sydri artifacts player, a bruna player, and a roon player
>I spend the game mostly durdling and randomly wheeling people's hands because precon
>eventually sydri player takes lead with a bunch of artifacts out, a krark clan iron works and a blinkmoth urn
>game is probably going to end soon
>sydri player won't shutup about how much mana he has and all his artifacts
>gleefully playing solitaire
>finally ends his turn
>gets back to me, I draw cruel entertainment
>target him and me
>I have pretty much nothing on my board except yidris so all he could do was kill yidris with one of my own spells
>I dump his entire hand and then sacrifice it to krark-clan and let the mana empty
>I also killed sydri with one of his kill spells and let it go to the graveyard
>mfw his smile and optimism are completely gone
>the roon player won next turn anyway
I've never had that much fun with cruel entertainment again

Attached: 1518793904041.jpg (600x295, 15K)

as long as he isn't going broke or in debt, I don't see why he shouldn't enjoy opening boxes

Attached: 27332188_1670970839662454_8324691131351760019_n.jpg (599x960, 169K)

Trying to justify cracking box after box as anything other than "I like it because I like it" is a telltale sign of a problem.

Honestly, his only real fault is buying any box of the new shit cardstock.

You made my night user, thanks.

These idiots finance the game for the rest of us. They increase the available card pool and prices stay lower.

It's the kind of deck that has a bad rep becauss it attracts the kind of player who wants to stomp hard by cheating it the most powerful creatures kaalia.
They'll play it against weaker decks, live the dream because they dont just like winning, they love to dominate.
And when they play it against better decks that actually run remove spells the feel like they're being picked on. And get salty that their edgy commander isn't doing shit.

I know this cause I built her myself.

My playgroup had a literal Timmy player (this was earlier last/this year when Un-cards were legal) and all he did was cheat out Eldrazis, Vorinclex, and the like all at instant speed. It looked really fun being that oppressive really early.

Attached: Timmy.jpg (223x310, 29K)

>Thread question
Blind Obedience/ Authority of the Conculs
People in my group really hate their creatures coming in tapped, fair enough when a lot of my friends have at least one deck blink/flicker heavy.

>What's everyone's favorite way to fill their graveyard?
the fastest one

Attached: 58.jpg (312x445, 65K)

>And when they play it against better decks that actually run remove spells the feel like they're being picked on
Just a bad side affect of any deck cheating out creatures. In my friend group we have unedited Freyalise and Kaalia decks we kept from the commander anthology (I took meren and another friend kept the Dareevi) so new when we occasionally have new/unexpected players they can try them. Kaalia has the very unfortunate side affect of getting scary too fast so any player is willing to throw removal at her because they know they can probably draw into more responses before anyone makes that big of a play besides her.

So I've been wanting to get into EDH for some time now, and I've been at a loss for what sort of deck I should make. But the moment I saw Joven, I fell in love.
>holds the esteemed position of one of only twelve Legends printed at common
>monocolor, which means I don't have to spend a lot on nonbasics
>can blow up mana rocks and other artifacts
>can be used with Chandler and Eron for the flavor win
>very handsome, incredible makeup skills
>comes from Homelands, the greatest set in the history of Magic
Tell me how Joven isn't the GREATEST commander ever.

Attached: joven-10553-medium.jpg (277x401, 30K)

>Running R/G Omnath against Rafiq Enchantress and some other shit
>Been doing some heavy ramping with GSZ for Dryad Arbour, Nature's Lore, and Skyshroud Claim
>Play an Ascetism on turn 4
>Rafiq player plays an Enchanted Evening on his turn 5
>Ramp a little more
>Opponent's turn 6 he plays Rafiq and suits him up with Eldrazi Conscription and some other Bant trickery
>I topdeck Bane of Progress
>Cast it, everyone goes to scoop their permanents up
>"Bane trigger on the stack, regenerate it"
>TFW I have a 29/29 with no other permanents on the board

Attached: tfw i forgot the apostrophe.png (1003x643, 560K)

My buddy actually build one. Its fat nerd that hates artifacts.dec, despite basically being a daretti deck. But man our other friend that plays breya refuses to play against joven.

Attached: joven.png (1024x512, 545K)

Joven reminds me of the bartender from Shrek 2.

So I'm putting together a deck for Grand Warlord Radha for when she comes out next month. I need help with two groups cards I'm going for
>X Token generation spells (instant or sorcery; feel pretty good on my creature sources)
>X (or strive,kick ect...) Multi creature pump spells.

I run extra hate for those players. Fuck Brago.

Never lost a game after summoning Magic Exodia

Attached: big_1471474445_image.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

>what's your favorite salt-mine card? what's the saltiest you've ever gotten someone you played with

I like the card design of Hushwing Gryff and Aven Mindcensor, etc a lot, some of my favorite type of cards, but the card that has generated the most salt in my experience is Bane of Progress

>draw cards, especially when it comes in a constant stream rather than a big burst
>murder people's permanents constantly, every time they play anything it should die
>play at mostly instant speed, i like to be the one with the sneaky trap cards

>brawl

Attached: brawl.hq.jpg (312x445, 36K)

faithless looting, compulsive research, etc, i like being able to sculpt both my hand and graveyard at the same time

He can have a hard time coming out on time or finishing games
Hope you like kiki jiki combos

i feel like breya hard-counters Joven in 1v1 matchup, being cheaper and able to kill joven without needing haste, whereas joven has to live a turn and can only kill 1 artifact at a time

but obviously your Joven deck can have vandalblast and jokulhaups, etc i suppose

>Mfw my group actually wants to give it a shot despite only playing a game or two a month