/exg/ - Exalted General

What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: mengtzu.github.io/exalted/sakuya.html
. It’ll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on Veeky Forums.

>Resources for Older Editions
pastebin.com/GihMPwV8

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Core and Splats
mediafire.com/folder/b54o6teut3fx6/Exalted_3e

>Dragonblooded Charm Previews:
theonyxpath.com/dragon-blooded-charms-preview-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/the-elemental-aura-dragon-blooded-pt-2-exalted/
theonyxpath.com/signature-charms-dragon-blooded-pt-3-exalted/

>Other Ex3 Resources
pastebin.com/fG1mLMdu

>New NPCs and a Behemoth rework
pastebin.com/avv1ZCZp

>House Tepet Preview
drive.google.com/file/d/0B7FqViticwNuS2pvcEF2TGlUYW8/view

Dragon Blood from a Stone Edition. DB Kickstarter begins on the 27th at 12 noon EDT in the US.

theonyxpath.com/dragon-blood-from-a-stone-monday-meeting-notes/

Attached: exalted.jpg (800x640, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/LQRKpkAx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That new adversaries of the righteous looks like a top tier waifu

Does the system allow you to travel this way? What speed would you assign it?

Attached: tao pai pai airlines.jpg (707x652, 83K)

Who, Eska?

How even

Supernal Athletics, that's how.

I would agree. Athletics includes feats of strength and traversing great distances.

I think that's more a question for what shenanigans your St is willing to let pass
Or maybe a siddie charm

It’s just a three dice stunt combined with Mountain Crossing Leap, my dude.

A three point stunt every time I want to fuck off isn't viable

The only way this makes any sense is if you could store the energy powering the rock before you into it. A Sidereal could hop on the rock and then inform the Loom oh yeah I kicked this rock into mach 1 already, please move it.

No, after the first time then it’s just a one point stunt as you tell your GM “I do that thing where I surf on another pillar again.’

I updated the NPCs here

pastebin.com/LQRKpkAx

this will haunt me for a day

Attached: Ex3DB_Prisicilla-Kim.jpg (1067x691, 195K)

If I can no longer remember this image after a day, I will consider myself fortunate.

Why does she have Monkey King mutton chops

secretly a lunar? shameful distant beastman ancestry?

I'd allow it on rule-of-cool grounds. I'd rate it a Feat of Strength just beyond the limit of what your average human could do, but sufficiently easy to hit with a couple athletics charms/excellency.

I'd give it the speed of something like Mountain Crossing Leap as a baseline and go from there.

I would not allow it in a game if I was running with random anons who extrapolate every rule of cool thing into "why isn't every superpowered person just flying on thrown hunks of shit" and then their twilight starts a business for the commoners based on sky-surfing and it becomes a meme that takes over the whole game. This is Exalted not Eberron.

didn't 2e have a magic beltbuckle that did this?

>Didn't cancer edition have cancer in it?
Yes user, it did.

Fucking double exalts who will stop them

Not really, it had a glider/surfboard that collapsed down into a staff, sword, or belt buckle.

Why is that?

>Glider staff
Pretty cool, pretty cool
>Glider swiss army knife
Gross ew

Five minutes. Clench your butts

MOM GET THE CAMERA

I still hope it does really well. I at least want it to outperform other WoD if only for the sake of satisfying my spite and superiority of taste

not all three, you pick one. and the sword version cost extra dots

That's good stuff then

20k in a second
Where are these people fucking coming from? Is exalted huge in russia, brazil, japan?

moneylaundering

remember in breaking bad with the online cancer fund? why did you think onyx path "kickstarts" every single book in the line?

I considered the possibility but I HOPE people that have money to launder are smart enough to not make a single 20k donation.

Exalted fans like Exalted, who knew?

But the math don't check out
Accounting every backer listed, 10k worth of people chose no reward?

Anyone care to share the first text preview?

I did it for trinity and will for this as well, but gimmie a moment, trying to decide how much of a hit my wallet can take

Here we go.
Also upset it isn't gonna be funded in under an hour.

Attached: DB_WFHW_Preview_1.pdf (PDF, 788K)

Alright lets see how shit it is.

>Official numbering of DB's across creation
>2 page spreads for different types of DB's like exalts in core
Man I like it already

Oh and for those who can't see the updates at all, new previews every Tuesday

Water Dragon – Preview # 1 – Introduction, Chapters 1 & 2
Fire Dragon – Preview # 2 – Chapters 3 & 4
Air Dragon – Preview # 3 – Chapters 5, 6 & part of 7
Earth Dragon – Preview # 4 – remainder of Chapter 7
Wood Dragon – Preview # 5 – Chapters 8, 9 & 10

in 2.5e, what artifact rating and attunement would you set for an artifact shield who's ratings are
"regular shield, plus magic material bonus (See thunderbolt shield errata)" and who's special power is "This shield's parry dv stacks with whatever weapon you're carrying rather than using the higher of the two as would be normal"

or if it's fundamentally broken, how would you fix the concept?

I just don't feel like it had enough artifact shields in general.

New waifu spotted

Attached: 10df679c4a7e3abe9a691e3af020120a_original.jpg (680x880, 183K)

Yo we finally got element bending
Not bad at all

The girl on the right, or the unreasonably buff old man on the left?

Good taste either way.

Girl. She looks familiar and I can't put my finger on why. Grade A cutie though, would do battle with

I'm love her...

did someone bend her sword? how would that even work?

Looks like a Hook Sword.

Oh and hell, just to have it all in once place

Chapter One: The Dragon-Blooded
Chapter Two: The Great Houses
Chapter Three: Life in the Scarlet Dynasty
Chapter Four: Outside the Realm
Chapter Five: Character Creation
Chapter Six: Traits
Chapter Seven: Charms
Chapter Eight: Martial Arts and Sorcery
Chapter Nine: Heirlooms of Power
Chapter Ten: Princes of the Earth

No that's an actual type of sword, I can't remember what they're called at the moment though.

Finished chapter one and I though it was fine. The Forest Witches are very interesting and Prasad adds a much needed additional Dragonblood nation though I feel that its dragonblood population is a bit high.

Is the Cult of the Violet Fang a new thing or were they in 2e and I just forgot.

Uh oh
Waifu alert
Waifu alert

This denial. It's the most popular Onyx Path product by far. People love Exalted.

it looks like a hook sword, but it's two handed and its straight with no curve, like if all of a sudden 75 degree angle.
i don't see it being something used in reality.

The chapter on Houses has this sentence:
>The house’s current matriarch is a man, Cathak Cainan (p. XX), a veteran shikari and officer educated in the Cloister of Wisdom.

Some anons are probably going to find the title of matriarch given to a man dumb, but I think it's pretty interesting. That being the title of a House leader tells a lot about the Realm's society and gender roles, but it's also apparent that men can make it to the highest positions.

WHERE are these people?
WHERE ARE MY GAMES

God dammit. I was hoping it would be funded in under an hour honestly. Looks like the delaies had too much an impact on people

That's not two handed, look at the handle. But also it's literally a fucking sword from Bleach of all places.

The fact that the DB book preview has a census on the population brought back a question that might have been answered, but I'm retarded so

Are the numbers of Celestials the same as before/in 2e? Having a set ~25k dragonblooded is nice and I was wanting to get the proportion straight, though otherwise I could easily just go with the old numbers.

you're right on the handle part. now that i've been looking at all the details more, how old is she supposed to be? she's got black eyebrows, but her hair's a gray (though that could be from the sun, but she seems to have enough money to have armor and weapons and enough sense to cover her head all the time). her face seems longer, so that could be an indication of middle or greater age.

No. There are more lunars now, around 400 last time it was brought up. Other differences I don't know.

If I start the game as a mortal, become a mortal sorcerer, exalt as a solar in game, then buy the first circle sorcery charm, what happens? The way I see it, I'd have two shaping rituals. Am I reading this wrong?

When you become a mortal sorcerer you already bought the first circle charm

>Kickstarter already over it's goal

You people really are gluttons for punishment, aren't you

New dev team, new kickstarter manager. Full text of the book is complete.

Ex3 core is a solid product, and most of OPPs Kickstarters haven't had problems like Ex3 KS.

In 3e it's a 5 dot merit

Instinctively I'd say you replace the Sorcerer merit with the Terrestrial Circle Sorcery charm and are refunded the excess XP. But if a player wanted a second shaping ritual I'd let them keep the merit as well if they liked.

Nope. Mortal sorcery is a 5-dot merit.

I didn't fucking pay them. Did other people in this thread seriously give OPP their kickstarter shekels?

Fuck, I sorta want to buy a custom charm

All 28 of their Kickstarters have gone over the limit so far as I'm aware. Even if some of the obscure stuff only barely

>please put a trigger warning around anything related to anathema, thanks

Attached: Kingfisher Swift.jpg (680x441, 113K)

also it's not 75°
>enough sense to cover her head all the time
that isn't sense. this is a cloth hat not a helmet.
no, you don't get an extra control spell, you already got one for terrestrial(unless mortals don't get one, in which case you pick it when you exalt i guess)
only because they're not really kickstarters. they've alreay got the money to make it an it isn't a proof of concept thing, it honestly shouldn't even be run this way in the first place, let alone for every single book. I'm surprised this isn't somehow against the kickstarter tos
then convert the merit to the charm when you exalt. this is like asking if you had awakened essence as a mortal do you get an extra essence pool

>only because they're not really kickstarters. they've alreay got the money to make it an it isn't a proof of concept thing, it honestly shouldn't even be run this way in the first place, let alone for every single book. I'm surprised this isn't somehow against the kickstarter tos
It's not against the Kickstarter TOS because the Kickstarters are, at least nominally, for Deluxe Editions of the books, not the books themselves.

What Aspect would fit him best? Air or Fire? He'd be minmaxed to fuck either way.

Attached: you are already FINAL CRASHed.jpg (680x1000, 228K)

pic is too small, can't read what triggered you.

also lol at that pic turning out to have been earth aspect's fullpage character art

Are they going to kickstart The Realm seperately?

Based on this success? Of course they are.

It's clearly a southern scene, a cloth hat is perfectly sensible.
He isn't asking about control spells.

No, we know they aren't going to do that. OPP Kickstarts all the major splats of all itd game lines, but not other books.

So basically we're getting the same leaks from core, but this time they're intentional

neat

Considering getting the realm is included in like half the backer levels for this one, I doubt it

>>no, you don't get an extra control spell, you already got one for terrestrial(unless mortals don't get one, in which case you pick it when you exalt i guess)

err...same for not getting another shaping ritual

(except the part where I wasn't sure if mortals got one)

So....Cathak waifus best waifus, right guys?

>I didn't fucking pay them. Did other people in this thread seriously give OPP their kickstarter shekels?
Yeah.

Disgusting! Shame on you.

Attached: kimbery.jpg (800x1065, 481K)

>procreative essence

>The Forest Witches

Attached: Perfectly Calm.gif (500x373, 331K)

>Forest witches.

Okay. They are SJW, certainly. They are utterly moronic and don't make sense, that is true. They have an agenda that is destroying the west, well yes. They should probably be sterilized, I can get behind that.

But still, that made me grin like a madman.

They are also not a new thing.

Cynis is still the same thank the Dragons. I was worried that they might have been changed.

I would have thought they would have dropped the Forest Witches entirely.

The entire concept is arcane and based on some weird Vance novels. The devs are behind streamlining concepts in 3e, and if there is only once concept that is utterly bizarre to everyone, it is the concept of Forest Witches. But they didn't.

I can almost forgive the trans-genderfluid character fighting against the patriarchy of the Realm.

Not only have I, I'm thinking of doubling my tier to get that delux version. I'm hesitating because I kinda think the regular version might look just as pretty.

How does one enter and leave Heaven? My memory is failing me.

Giant gates scattered throughout creation. I think 60 of them? Might have been 80. Guarded on both sides of course

There are a bunch of doors scattered across creation. You need magic or to be dematerialised to pass through them and there are Celestial Lions who will fuck you up if you don't have a valid reason for using them.

Or in 2e there was a spell Wings of the Archon that let you fly there

The Sidereals have an unlocked charm (locked by (((them))) for their own (((good)))) that can make any portal a portal to Yu-Shan. If your Sidereals didn't rebel against the joke of (((them))), then you need to find a giant door. But then Yu-Shan is probably shit because (((they))) are here playing xbox.

Nah.

Some travel demons can take you there, as well as that warstrider, too. If you somehow can't find one of the billion gates in creation.