Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

The solution to all equations edition

>Dark Eldar preview:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/26/codex-drukhai-preview-assembling-your-raiding-party/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/y48fiILidIk

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M%2Fedit

Previous:

Attached: 1522083894755.jpg (900x582, 383K)

Buying recast is IP theft and is the cancer killing the hobby

Fires of Cyraxus ever?

Attached: Cyraxus Traintonk.png (2481x1746, 7.11M)

how do i make Iron Hands actually playable this edition

What are you doing today /40kg/?

Any projects you're working on? Any hobby goals? Any recent purchases?

I finished a bolter boi and am working on a terminator and razorback for my army.

Attached: IMG_20180327_002934.jpg (1602x914, 458K)

Recasts are the only way the game is affordable for some players

Chinacast is the only way to play in some countries

dont remind me user
i'm out of fucking whiskey already and dont need more bad news

Finishing the warriors in pic related.
Finally got some violet for the ranged bio weapons.

Attached: 2D1510A2-84CD-452D-98BB-1AE27127DD24.jpg (3264x2448, 2.44M)

Go away games workshop.

This is a niche hobby, it's not for poor people

I can't decide if I want to play Tau, Orks, or wait for the rumored Space Wolves update.

Let the dubs decide my fate and may the God-Emperor grant me mercy.

What do you enjoy gameplay and painting wise?

AdMech

All 3 have terrible fanbases just so you know

continuing the discussion on the snipers from the last thread, the ratlings come out to 7 with their rifles, so you could field 2 for every scout at that price. they are points efficient enough to field the volume you would need to get actual decent mortal wounds fishing and have some movement shenanigans that will help them stay alive longer than scouts in most situations

Are any of those not played or underrepresented at your local place of play? Consider filling the hole

>tau
>space wolves
What are you even doing. Choose orks.

Orks is the least cancerous of those

The Omnissiah has spoken. Let the Motive Force drive you.

It annoys me that admech have the only snipers that actually work like they should.

That was fast

what is it about the spacewolves players that people find so terrible? i've known quite a few space wolf players in my area, some like the viking aspect of it, some like the werewolf aspect of it, but they arent any more obnoxious than any other space marine player who enjoys wh40ks rediculous lore

HOW TO FIX VANILLA MARINES

Stratagem - 1 CP
Select a Tactical Squad, that squad doubles the Attacks characteristic of all its ranged weapons until the start of your next turn.

When a unit disembarks from a Drop Pod, until the start of your next turn the enemy must subtract 1 from all hit rolls made in the shooting phase for attacks that target the disembarked unit.

Jump Packs are a free upgrade for Assault Marines.

Scouts are troops.

There isnt a single finecast model that can't be done better by a chinaman for 1/4th the cost.

A hobby is a luxury that a person will have to work for to afford. If you can't afford it you should not be messing with it. Even a part time job as a Student can get you enough money to build up an army over time, even a forgeworld army, so there is no reason why you should be stealing and killing the hobby you want to be doing.

Is 100% right.

Fishing for mortals imo is the wrong way to run snipers. Best use is for fleshy force multipliers, ignore your Cawl's/Bobby Gs/Morty's etc and aim for the Lieutenants/company commanders/enginseers etc

That's what she said
>Aw I made myself sad

DUBS HAVE SPOKEN

these dubs confirm

Gork and Mork are fickle.

Do they sell this sprue anymore?

Attached: 8034b061-7267-4d38-b714-0ebee0f82c66-watermarked.jpg (785x780, 222K)

>implying $35 clampack characters isn't theft
>implying codices have to hardback and full color when softback and grayscale rules were standard and 50% cheaper
>selling the digital version at same price as hard copy

Ya okay.

Dreadnought spam.
I mean. It's not actually good, but it's probably the best they got.

>40k Triaros
>40k Thanatar
>Secutarii

Attached: 1520543772016.gif (400x225, 1.32M)

i half agree with your point, RG and morty are far too hard of targets to hope to fish down. i feel like caul is just on the right side of weak enough that if you ran enough snipers he would have some trouble, though he does regenerate. what about something like farseers or brood lords or crypteks? the vast majority of HQs fall in the 4-7 wound range with no FNP to mitigate mortal wounds

When they stop screwing Australia over I'll start buying their products.

Old possessed right? I don't think so. The "new" possessed box has very similar parts though.

raven guard scouts, with cloak and in cover have a -1 to hit (at range) and a 2+ save. How would ratlings compare against that when their hq detachment tax is taken into account?

never ever

Attached: 1517305311011.jpg (2048x1495, 876K)

i can fully understand AU players buying chinaforge models. my browser accidently directed me to the australian GW site the other day instead of the US one and i thought i had stepped into some crazy upside down world of inflation hell. I dont know what an aussie dollar actually buys, but it was saying like upwards of 300 for stuff thats usually like 100 US

I'd say prime targets are any character without either an invuln or FNP. The little ones throwing out moderate rerolls or orders etc

No one cares about Australia
>T. Nz

Hopefully sometime. Hopefully...
In the SoB release video I could see something about more AdMech variety, so maybe Fires of Cyraxus is coming, or they are doing something new. I saw a rumor engine months ago that may prove this

>Mortarion, Daemon Primarch of Nurgle is hard to kill

Attached: 1509587332502.jpg (500x518, 40K)

next year with kickass SOB walkers

Wondering what the actual fuck Fedex is doing with my Forgebane box

2019 is going to be a good year

>boss new sister sculpts
>another small detachment for my imperial soup

Mmmmmm

every soup could use a little breast and thigh meat

Cawl has the exact same toughness and armor save as RG with only one less wound, not to mention his regen.

The drop pod thing would be cool as a buyable add on for the pod, like smoke launchers or something. Personally I think that stratagem is boring, effective, but boring, I would rather see a stratagem that lets a tactical squad advance and fire their bolters as assault 2 weapons to show the tactical squads ability to maneuver.

>Almost 30 per cent of New Zealand nationals say their experience in Australia has been negative. That’s a higher percentage than any other nationality, according to the report.
Fucking Kiwis.

The US dollar is worth 1.27 Australian dollars last time I checked.

Not old Possessed, just a spare sprue in the Chaos Marine kit to chaosy up your dudes. I don't know if it's in the current kit though.

They're good bits though. Worth getting a few if you can.

Alright guys, what would be a fun budget list to play at 1k points?

Just finished my Change chickens staff. Head and sword arm are also finished. This thing is taking me longer than Mortarion which I didn't think was possible.

Attached: 29547002_10215080754948757_1742950483_n.jpg (244x800, 42K)

Imperial Guard

Isn't it the government dicking you over rather than GW.

Can you fix actual Chaos Marines as well? It's been like three editions since they were my go-to troops choice.

20 ravenguard scouts with rifles and cloaks costs 360. 20 ratlings with rifles plus a company commander is 170. less than half the cost even with the hq tax

Another Deldar update tonight boys. Can't wait for more tears from fags who claim to play Deldar but don't even own both an archon and a succubus.

Attached: Bjorne Identity.png (640x800, 855K)

Waiting for my Start Collecting Admech to get here so I can build them

No such thing as a 40K budget list

Looking sweet, got pics of the head and sword

The government doesn't set GW's prices

We gotta stand strong together cuz, our prices are just as bad. I'll only buy paints from my local store otherwise direct from UK is waaaaaaaay cheaper.

true, i was kind of taking into account RGs ability to stand back up into his wound total for comparison

>what is nidzilla
>what are dreadnought spam
>what are literally anything from chinaman or second hand

They do set import taxes that impact the price.

Remove VotlW from cultists, make the aspiring champion better, more special weapons.

How on a budget?

Oh and the ability to take chainswords on everyone.

Use Veterans and Chimeras. Throw a Lemon Rush here and there

Give them some sort of "demonic ammo" upgrade that gives them -1AP or something, and let them take bolter/chainsword or dual chainsword. Plus let them have 1 in 5 troops carry a special melee weapon.

>lets a tactical squad advance and fire their bolters as assault 2 weapons
Bolters are trash though.

sure

HOW TO FIX CHAOS SPACE MARINES

Stratagem - 1 CP/2CP
Select a Chaos Space Marine Squad, that squad doubles thei Attacks characteristic of all its ranged weapons until the start of your next turn. If the selected Squad contains 10 or less models, this Stratagem costs 1 CP. If it contains 11 or more models, it costs 2 CP.

That might work. I've already got a decent start on a guard army.

Actually don't have much wych cult stuff at all.
Loads of Kabal and Coven stuff, though.
Codex got me hype

It's high, but it's not high enough to charge us like three and a half times the price.

>Bolters are trash though
Then why are you bothering with tacticals at all? Just play scouts like the fag you are.

Imperial Fists tactic and stratagem should be swapped around.

whats their stratagem again?

Think I have the sword pics here somewhere too

Attached: 20180117_191944.jpg (2025x1787, 546K)

How do we fix Necrons?

Best dubs.

Do it.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
Why are you confused by the fact that I'm trying to improve a unit that is objectively the worst troop unit in the game?

1cp, select a unit, for every 6 they get to hit with a bolt weapon, they can fire another shot (Not automatic hit, they still have to roll to hit with the extra shot).

It might actually be the worst stratagem in the game.

What is broken about them?

I've been trying to home rule Forge World Breacher Squads for 8th Edition, how does this look. I also did a Gravis Armoured Chad Marine version.

Attached: 8th Edition Breachers.pdf (PDF, 89K)

Right up until you're facing an entrenched army or one using a 'counts as being in cover' trait. Its situational.

It's worse off in ork hands.

Your solution is boring. Straight buffs are boring. We should be making them fun to play, not just letting them shoot twice, that's something Tau would do.

lol, isn't that literally just the orks' new stratagem? Also yea, that should've just been it instead of ignoring cover with bolter weapons.

The issues are pretty entrenched into everyone else. Unless firepower comes down across the board we'll have always have problems.

Have an example:
One box of Fire Warriors in AUD: $85
One box of Fire Warriors in USD: $50

$50 USD = $64 AUD at the current exchange rate of 1:29 which is fairly typical. Where's the extra $21 coming from? It's not the import tax which sits at 5-15%.

Does this rule only affect units with the faction keywords Nurgle and Daemon or can it affect units with the faction keyword Nurgle and the regular keyword Daemon? I know they specified that stratagems only work on units from the daemons codex but I can't find any information about other auras and abilities and such.

Attached: reverb.png (421x217, 135K)

it should ignore rend of -1 instead

What?
I'm not talking about their tactic, that's fine, although it would have been better as a stratagem, I'm talking about the stratagem that gives you MAYBE 3 extra bolter attacks. How does that help against entrenched enemies?

Where the Void Dragon at yo

>I'll only buy paints from my local
You better not be in chch my friend

Except Orks can do it on a unit of 30, IF can only do it on a unit of 10. It's actually arguably better for orks if they can get a reroll aura.

they'd also only hit on a 5+

That would be more like Void Hardened Armour. The Breachers in HH get an Invulnerable, so I used the same rule as Cataphractii Armour given the similarities.