Jumpchain CYOA Thread #2140: Fish Gang God Edition

>Google Drive:
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chats:
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules:
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain:
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Attached: 1522108063490.pdf (PDF, 5.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/file/d/1jaN-1AXj7WRVc5S0lLiv3Pnbc-LwYWEK/view
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Making records just means discovering/working on the skills yourself. So if you worked on forging for a while and started to pick up better ways of doing it, or little tricks that help, that would be making a record. If you don't go murder hobo on people, this is the usual way people level up the noncombat skills.

You can, but making records is SIGNIFICANTLY slower than just killing monsters.

Goddamnit forgot to add the 1

YOU FAILED!
----
Also reposting from last thread since it archived the moment I posted.
----
Question Valeria. When you are studying true magics do you need to use them to practice them, are there other ways to progress other than to practice? I ask since I don't know any souls I would want to alter or experiment with and while I don't mind making swords and furnature eventually I will run out of space.

You are also supposed to make it as anonymous, as per tradition

Any perks that allow me to morph into a race and gain its abilities? No omnitrix please.

Animorphing.

>YOU FAILED!
oh noes

>as per tradition
will do next time

Genome Tree - Mondaiji

The entire last paragraph there is really really stupid. Especially the free if you have 1204 jumps.

>Especially the free if you have 1204 jumps.
I mean doesn't a jumper with that many jumps have this power already?

Averaging at least 2 perks that gives powers from each jumps, not even counting sci-fi or fantasy settings

You generally need to practice it to study it, given no one is going to just have detailed texts laying around.

Why are you even arguing this? What could you even have as a reason to put that dumb bullshit in the jump?

No, not necessarily. A lot of jumps offer no powers at all.

That's not the problem though and I'm kind of left amazed that you think it is.

Damn, where am I going to find a soul to experiment that I feel no guilt about... Ehh, on that topic can you desummon items you create with the first?

Just summon their absence/destruction

That's literally the one thing it can't do.

>desummon
This would imply that they are not real, which is a contrary idea to what the First does.

No. I really don't see why you can't just find some empty area of space to do this stuff in though. Even earth itself has a lot of empty space hanging around and it's not like you need to make only swords all the time. You can make useful things.

Oh actually now that I think about it how hard would it be to create a blank soul using the First Magic, decades, centuries or longer.

Yeah that's a good point. I guess I could just summon really small but complex things

Photoshop user, if you end up seeing this, would you mind changing Priscilla's hair and eyes to a darker shade of blue/purple please? Something like "Hex: #32174D" if it helps since I saw you asking about hex colors earlier?

Attached: Priscilla the Crossbreed.jpg (580x896, 472K)

Why not? not sarcasm or anything, just genuinely don't know, given it can summon concepts etc (if I'm remembering right)

Yeah, didn't think it through to be fair. I was mainly thinking weapons, furniture and the like. Though now I realise I could probably practice by summoning food or other such things (I wonder how the Magus Association would take using the strongest Magic to make pizza)

>What could you even have as a reason to put that dumb bullshit in the jump?
some folks in the last two threads want it

>That's not the problem though
Working on typos so its easier to read

It will be balanced , for the drawbacks that are made it is enough

...I thought that was so nobody could point and laugh if when I screw it up

Man what? Nobody ever tells me these things, I left my name on like half a dozen times making threads.

Do anything long enough and it can become a tradition!

stomper. Don't put stuff in your jumps that has no reason to be in there and is purely based on jumpchain meta. It's stupid. You have no defence for it. Take it out.

Denial of Nothingness

The drawbacks in this jump have absolutely nothing to do with this problem or making it balanced. How can you even say that? The problem here is purely based on what you have in OTHER jumps.

What reason is that thing in there that is NOT based on what some idiot wanted for free? What reason in setting is it for how many jumps you have to give you a 800 point power for free?

seconded
No I get that, but I don't get WHY the first magic can't summon something like 'The end of this objects existence'.

the rose power

Rose Tattoo -600

You are pure and ageless, you are an idea, a spirit. You have been here forever
you are reported in most cultures. You are death. You are the living spirit of murder
the greatest killer in history. Your touch is deadly, nanobots die the second the get in your body. You are a superhumanly expert shot with a variety of weapons of your own design. You never miss (but your projectiles may be too slow for some opponents and can use more penetrating power against certain defenses) and given time you can kill anything. Give them an overdose that would take out an entire rock band. When the spirit of death looks upon them with disfavor what else is there but to die?

Due to a certain procedure by a Shaman you are also the spirit of life, thus you are pretty good at healing the sick and the wounded. As an immortal spirit, a concept given human form, the laws of nature don't quite apply to you. If you are killed you will be reborn, limited to a 1-up in chain but removed after.

>Don't put stuff in your jumps that has no reason to be in there and is purely based on jumpchain meta
>What reason
Will remove the free

Attached: 17fa702d0d38f0ce4452b8cd972188d3.jpg (488x798, 93K)

Just summon Anti-matter, my guy. Or Anti-exotic!Matter

Because then it would be nothing, and the First Magic is the Denial of Nothingness, you create a paradox.
---
Sorry for bugging you Val but this is my last question
>Oh actually now that I think about it how hard would it be to create a blank soul using the First Magic, decades, centuries or longer.

Are you going to become to next Dirge?

Denial
Of
Nothingness
=
Refusal
Of
Absence

Mechanically the question becomes do you accept any kind of theme or limitation to that perk?

Not a great idea in most cases if you want you or your planet to continue existing.

Think that should be in the centuries range for just blank, ordinary souls?

I can't make story scenarios that long, and as requested I am trimming fluff

Because the principle of the First is that that everything is always in existence, and the idea that something can 'not exist' is an impossibility with that. That's the whole basis of the magic's ability to summon/create things, the idea that is NO non-existence, so summoning that makes no sense.

Now, you could probably summon something like its deterioation. Like, turn your sword into rusted flakes. But you couldn't just poof it gone entirely.

...Unless maybe you just teleport it into a black hole or something. Do they have those in Nasu-land?

>Not a great idea in most cases if you want you or your planet to continue existing.
Summon some Anti-energy too

I'm perfectly willing to accept it having limitation. I was just wondering if there was a particular reason that was denied other than being the domain of the second magic.
Ah that makes sense, thanks.

>...Unless maybe you just teleport it into a black hole or something. Do they have those in Nasu-land?
Probably, but it's some weird magic shit that you don't want to get near, because Nasu thinks that physics is the devil.

>nanobots die the second the get in your body.
Huh. Breaking machinery counted? Or are these "living" nanobots of some sort?

The explanation is in the jump, in the wiki and in the source material.

>Huh. Breaking machinery counted
Angie's machinery fell out of use during their battle in Authority: Revolution , she needed Swift as a diversion

To be fair, you probably don't want to get near actual black holes either. But yeah, Nasu-black holes are probably some kind of sapient and actively malevolent weird magic shit.

I thought I remembered what the perk/wiki basically said. Evidently not

Cool, thanks! If it's just a soul with no memories or emotional imprint than I can safely toy around with it guilt free.

I believe to destroy stuff you need the 4th. That being said the 4th is so terrifying it should almost never be used so practice is hard. Likewise the 5th is also terrifying but you can mitigate that with enough energy.

It is for that reason I am not picking them up until FGO where I can get Mysterious Substance Omega

Fair enough. I just didn't really think of nanobots as something that can die, considering they're not alive in the first place.

He's being a dick, don't mind him.

>Fourth
Ah, whoops. That was another cock-up on my part... I am really not doing well with the True Magics today...

>I am trimming fluff
I like long descriptions of what I buy.....

Attached: 1518593306835.jpg (534x403, 31K)

Kind of. In my defense he did ask me the same question four times,

...as someone who just started taking up jogging again, the power to wear THAT catsuit in battle and not start chafing until you bleed is more impressive than any of the other stuff you wrote.

Seriously, losing these fucking asshole calories would be way easier with that power.

Attached: The absolute STATE of the Chodeforce.png (1180x728, 542K)

Yo Miami Knights you did the import wrong, imported companions don't actually get anything!

>nanobots as something that can die
could be deactivated in this case

>I like long descriptions of what I buy.....
I will keep the good parts, no worries
actually I will just make them more readable

its a 90's comic

I mean there are a bunch of Anti-Chaffing things in the chain. The two that immediately come to mind is the Plump perk from Beatrice and the Natural Body Skill in Fate as a Servant

>according to vsbattles, ORT and All-Star Superman are roughly as strong as each other

Ugh, you guys weren't kidding about how shit this wiki is

I was trying to look up these Authority comics, and I noticed they have quite a few runs. Does your jump cover a specific era, or all of them?

How would you rank them, user?

The average Fire Emblem character is also as strong as a Space Marine.

Have fun.

Gilgamesh can destroy Jupiter sized planets

The bloodborne protag has star level durability tho you gaiz. That site could have been so useful to us. If only it was not shit.

To be fair that I can actually buy. Magic in Fire Emblem may not seem strong but it actually is decently powerful. Not to mention Chrom at the beginning of the game can jump like tens of feet in cutscenes.

That being said I would 100% bet on a Space Marine

John clay power

Godhead -800

Like Reverend John Clay, you can carry the strength of two hundred men and the faith of 13 million, punch a Majestic Class to send them flying around the world in 8 minutes or punch them into orbit where they have to be dug out of mount Kilimanjaro when they re-enter the atmosphere.
So how the fuck does a pencil neck ninny do all this? The solution is simple. It is done with a neural virus that manipulates the minds and spread through physical contact.
This hijacks the nucleus accumbens region of the brain, a crossroads between dopamine and the limbic system. Firing up their brains to turn them into religious fanatics with yourself as Jesus. Should you start a religion they wouldn't might signing a quarter of their earnings to you, your faith will be the fastest growing religion in short time with at least 13 million disciples around the globe with influential politicans, a-list celebrities and superhumans. Soon they won't ask about your re-education institutes, purification centers and redemption camps.

A touch is enough to convert them into your way of thinking. They touch friends, family, anyone and boom! Domino effect. The minds of your disciples act as a gigantic personal electricity grid, draw on their collective psychic energies to give you powers.. The faith of the human race is what drives you.nIn that story he only managed to have 70% of the global population converted but maybe you can create the dream of a world united by one.

Attached: Transcend.png (1808x1346, 4.19M)

How the fuck is The Hunter a star killer?

Probably some dumb shit like being able to tank the projectiles of A Call Beyond.

I wouldn't. One is incredibly inconsistant, the other is barely described. One is treated by his plot as pretty much the incarnation of unlosing heroism, the other is barely a side character and hasn't even appeared in person canonically.

I would, however, surmise based on the face that beings that aren't powerful enough to smash planets with a light tap of their hand can survive melee combat with TYPEs for a while. And based on the fact that Superman has defeated an insane artificial star with punches. That All-Star Superman could literally beat ORT against Venus until one of them exploded permanently.

Because the idiots that run that site think their interpretation of planet-like shapes in the Great Ones' blood=1:1 celestial objects, and therefore that when Hunters are using Phantasms like A Call Beyond to fire miniature stars they are TOTALLY DETONATING REAL STARS YOU GUYS, YOU ONLY SEE IT AS A TINY FIREWORK, GET HIGHER INSIGHT BRO

Nevermind the fact that A Call Beyond is explicitly just an attempt at communication, not a weapon

*against Mercury

>L. Ron Hubbard is a supervillain

Terrifying.

Just realized that one of the most useful tools in harry potter would be a simply wiimote strap for your wand. Expelliarmus can fuck off with this baby, you can drop your wand and still have it at hand. You never need to worry about losing it in an emeegiency situation.

Attached: B0045FGET2.02.lg.jpg (650x532, 96K)

>Terrifying.
don't bully xenu pls

I love how they try to actually do deathbattle writeups but literally every time they do they completely gimp one character by removing powers and boost the one they want with mental gymnastics.

There’s fluff then there’s “FLUFF”. At the point where each perk is several paragraphs long is too long. Keep it short & to the point. Unless a perk really requires lots of explanation.

Or you could just go wandless. But yeah, aside from possibly looking dumb, that's not a bad idea for dueling.

People can still knock you off your feet with Expelliarmius but yeah that does sound very useful.

Isn't it sorta canon that the impact of spells can vary, depending on how much magical energystructure//will/intent in the case of the Unforgiveables you put into them? I dimly remember some Expelliarmuses/Stupefies are just sorta stronger than others because people had the chance to launch them properly.

Think so, yeah?

Im trying to figure out a way to basically catch and hold harry potter spells with my hands. Im assuming wandless is required for a base framework here.

Since hp spells have that travel time andnshow up as a form of energy most times I figure maybe it is possible to work out a way tongrab and hold it before dissapating or redirecting the spell completely.

Anyone have any ideas?

Attached: reach_for_the_stars_by_xxichschreixx.jpg (773x1032, 55K)

I think any kind of plain mana manipulation perks would also be of great help (though can't remember which have them, other than maybe Spyro), so you can hold the magic.

Windwaker has a perk that'll make projectile spells used against you hold together better. Its meant for knocking spells back at their caster, but it might help for grabbing spells?

Magic Diggin' Hands from Unsounded to grab hold of magic, plus the Spellwright perks to transfer the concept of wands to your hands so you can do stuff with it?

Hmmm, they can already deflect/flick away spells, so... really, I'd say that if you git gud enough at wandless magic, you could probably pull that off just with Harry Potter magic.

I think Voldie and good ole Dumbles do it in the story already? I might be wrong.
General magic resistance would help I think. There's some in the HP jump itself with Half Giant or whatever. It could also help to give yourself a longass time in that setting, using a Fantastical Beasts drawback.

Maybe you could retrofit a Force power into that function. There's some stuff in the Star Wars jumps to catch energy projectiles iirc.

Are there any jumps with a perk or item that gives a legal ID for each future jump?

Powers are done, now moving on to perks and then items

Attached: Sup.jpg (1900x900, 156K)

Was this Jump posted in the thread?
drive.google.com/file/d/1jaN-1AXj7WRVc5S0lLiv3Pnbc-LwYWEK/view

No. Did some idiot post it in the drive?

Yep

metallic tiddies give mercury milkies

>drive.google.com/file/d/1jaN-1AXj7WRVc5S0lLiv3Pnbc-LwYWEK/view
Yeah it was posted a couple of threads ago.

It was posted actually. Just a thread or two ago.

yes it was about three threads ago

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing it posted

I'm pretty sure I love you

Aw, thank you user

Attached: Ahri.jpg (1500x847, 547K)

Ah, okay. Thank you, just wanted to be sure

>metallic tiddies give mercury milkies
>not metallic mammaries make mercury milkies

Was gonna give this tonred to celebrate her coming off ban but it seems she was immediately rebanned just for existing. So here.

Attached: its-been-a-while-take-this-bunny-girl-i-hope-8040275.png (500x571, 119K)