Warhammer 40000 General - /40kg/

Bad nu40k art edition

>Dark Eldar preview:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/26/codex-drukhai-preview-assembling-your-raiding-party/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/y48fiILidIk [Open]

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M%2Fedit

Old:

Attached: 1522138730123.jpg (2048x1495, 876K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/04/24/new-warhammer-40000-three-ways-to-play/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Which chapter symbol needs to go on his helmet?

Attached: goodboy.png (720x926, 384K)

For the dark lord drew carrey

What kind of tea do each of the primarchs drink?

Attached: 1520042739106.png (510x546, 37K)

Ultramarines, obviously

So when did you guys realize that you wanted a female gene stealer cultists waifu?

I'm starting a new Dark Eldar army after finishing up my Orks, I've wanted to get into the bastards since 5e but haven't found the time or money to.

I know their codex is incoming and will likely change them up a lot (for the better) but where do they stand right now? Is it still all about trueborn venom spam or do raiders serve a purpose? Where do hellions, scourges, reavers, and pain engines stand as well?

Space Wolves is the only correct answer

Why aren't you puting your faith in disease?

Attached: image.png (400x81, 23K)

Probably the yiffs

I'm going to pick up my forgebane box and I'm happy, tell me something nice.

Can we get this thread to 900 boiiz?
Also how should tac mahreens be buffed or are they fine as they are?

#

See part of the problem is that honestly the game stats are a pretty accurate representation of what would happen if you had guardsmen and marines standing and shooting at one another in an open field.

Marines are spec ops, and don't work that way. The tabletop game doesn't represent spec ops actions though, it represents open warfare in a way marines would try to avoid.

If marines have to insert a guy where he's going to take a shit ton of fire, they use terminators. In the old days of the heresy where legions had the numbers to act more like conventional armies they used breachers with shields for the role, and heavily favoured the thicker-plated Mark III Armor for it.

No fuck you

Pine needle tea.

Anyone except Vulkan, Sanguinius or Jagathai, really.

>religious
>traditional values in order to optimize attraction to the cult.
>will do anything to keep you in the cult

Hmm, checks out.

Armigers a cute.

I don't know user, I think we're going to need at least three autistic slapfights to get to 900, we might need to revive some old ones to do it.

To be fair, they had a decent motive in that they didn't want a monopoly tea supplier being exempt from taxes. I'd be irked too, but destroying the tea rather than just stealing it and drinking it later is very much an acceptable casus belli.

Builder's tea for Dorn and Pert, obviously, except with constant arguing over the optimum teabag shape.

Word Bearers, obviously.

Robot lives matter and you're doing beepy bois all around the galaxy a solid by supporting them.

As someone said last thread, the game is balanced around them as they are. Trying to change them in any meaningful way would be like pulling a block from the bottom of a jenga tower

What is the difference between that and any other woman when she gets older?

Dark Eldar are weak now mostly just because of Codex creep, which is natural, as Indexes go they're pretty good.

Raiders have a few advantages over Venoms, more dudes, Disintegrator platforms, harder to get surrounded by swarms, etc.

Haven't used Hellions, they don't look that great.

Scourges are ace though its pretty much either Dark Lance or Shardcarbine with nothing else being really worthwhile.

Reavers are actually pretty good with Painbringer but overcosted, hopefully they'll get a price drop

I love Pain Engines but they're not great right now, again am hoping for some buffs with the Codex. They're not actively bad, they just don't get much done at the moment. I'd like to see them brought on par with something like Dreadnoughts honestly, a solid weapons platform and melee combatant for its points.

there is only nettle tea to consider

Why all the Minotaur hate?

Attached: 323AA6B0-4684-4928-922A-017833957730.jpg (651x976, 266K)

How you gonna paint your metal mans

>Dorn - Earl grey
>Guilliman - Mint
>Vulkan - Green tea You thought I was going to say black tea, didn’t you?
>Angron - Nettle tea
>Fulgrim - Honey tea
>Lorgar - Coffee

I mean, apart from the whole "alien horrors from beyond the galaxy will eat you all" GSC are pretty nice. The grunts are treated better than the imperium, breeding is encouraged and if you get in early there will be generations before the whole eating thing happens.

I always wanted to own an admech army but I stopped playing wargames before they were an army,ll love their look too.

Because hipster marine players keep bringing them up to jerk them off.

Earl Gene

Honestly it's one of the best factions from an aesthetics standpoint, I'm glad you get to have an admech army at last user.

Suggested topics of discussion: movement rules ambiguity allowing you to summon after disembarking and deep strike tau units directly into combat. Technically allowed, but it gets autists so hot and bothered they will spend all day arguing you can't.

Can ad mech shoot at any time with their stratagems?

Dark Eldar should get a tournament rule exception to allow 8patrols.

Tau are the good / bad guys of the setting.

Tyranids are eating chaos.

No idea... Was thinking about making the basesof both armies a tropical jungle or a flower field so the necrons black and the admech a contrasting colour, haven't desired which one yet.

Mainly the age at which it happens. Gsc females probably never go through an experimental period.

bullying flashbacks

Every time I see this pic it takes me a min to figure out that the Skits haven't actually replaced their lower legs with antigrav or anything

Shut the fuck up you marine tard. Tau are allowed to win in a tau codex. Yes he blasted a space marine without looking, that's because he was wearing a state if the art bleeding edge battle suit with shoulder mounted plasma guns! Honestly there's far more ridiculous bullshit in any marine codex and you know it! But the moment one of your previous bolter guys gets killed you'll fucking bitch and moan for days like the pieve if shit you are!

So, It's been months since I see this summon after disembarking meme, but I've never been interested enought to check. What is the rule issue?

I want to try Killa Kans in a larger mob to take advantage of that sexy extra attack from Scrag Em; would having a warboss nearby do the job covering for their poor moral? They're bulky enough that 1d3 mortal wounds from breakin' eads isn't that bad a deal.

Attached: 1979172-1fe0753e0e2226c47f996f7ca8740a82.jpg (694x960, 81K)

I don't understand, why would you not be able to summon after disembarking? That sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Also, I actually really like that one art piece with the crisis suits crashing down into an ongoing melee so like, that doesn't even bother me that much, in fact I'd like to have someone use it against me desu.

The rules for summoning state that you can summon instead of moving. A unit that disembarked counts as having moved, but can still move. The issue then is whether the disembarking unit can trade in its full movement in order to summon.

>Bad nu40k art edition
surely a memeing jest

but the art work has been a abysmal lately.

They cater to the cringe edgelords who buy into the Ultramarine hate memes. These guys literally wiped out 2 Ultramarine successors and the UM hate them in the fluff.

Attached: 1450808020304.jpg (500x611, 37K)

Oh for fuck sake not this again

There are people who don't want to get into close combat with Tau?

Attached: Dynamic Entry.jpg (289x378, 14K)

>warhammer-community.com/2017/04/24/new-warhammer-40000-three-ways-to-play/
Since we now have 3 ways to play 40k (Open Play, Narrative and Matched), how do we make the Narrative and Open Play more attractive for people that want to just roll dice or play "fluffy" armies?
Why do these people insist on playing Matched Play and then complain about "WAACs" and "Tourneyfags", etc. when GW made a perfect game system for them to play?

Attached: 40k_TypesOfPlay_OPEN_Content.jpg (1000x779, 892K)

Listen here you blue skin, xeno loving, tratious communist weeb. Tau have been jerked off to appeal to your shitty niche audience and their entire theme is at complete odds with the rest of the 40k setting, just admit that you don't deserve a place alongside the rest of the game.

>State of the art battlesuit
I like how your highly trained elite pilots can only shoot as well as humans put through barely a week of basic training, really puts into perspective how much geedubs has to bend over backwards to appeal to you anime loving freaks and have your faction be something more than useless.

At the time it was a big shitpost, it was possible to load up a valkyrie with twelve malefic lords go first nearly guaranteed, and disembark the lords anywhere on the battlefield to summon 1500 points of daemons in one turn.

Tyranids are 100% eating chaos simply because I think chaos the dullest concept to ever exist.

And the Tau represent what humanity could have been, so they're as good as this galaxy will allow. They have the most late game.

The art has been pretty much like its always been; some good stuff and some bad stuff.

How is the base for my first Boy?

Maybe add one of those plastic plants to spice it up?
It's a lot glossier than the picture gives it credit for, going for a swampy look.

Attached: 20180326_002120.jpg (4032x3024, 1.85M)

Nah nig, you're probably some punk piece of shit that doesn't like Blanche and Wayne England. Of course you'll go to bat for shitty DeviantArt artists without fail though.

Attached: 1448907471366.jpg (197x200, 10K)

>niche
Aren't Tau quite popular?
>inb4 they were the waacfag's choice in 7th
I doubt that they were 1st place

Jesus, people seem super cut over summoning. Considering it's been practically dumpstered this almost sounds like a way for it to be useable but I guess Word Bearers can't have nice things.

bump from old thread.

Because open is slapdash "Just do whatever lol" and narrative isn't a special way to play, it's just doing a campaign. You can do campaigns just fine in "matched" and you always could.

Three ways to play is marketing bullcrap. The only real change is the addition of power levels, which are actually easier to power game than points.

Narrative and open are shit because there is nothing holding anything together. You need a point system to balance things out, Powerlevel can do that to an extent but itst still way fucking off.

I think it's just a natural reaction by brainlets to any rules interaction that takes more than a single sentence to explain.

Global narrative play campaigns with bonus objectives that win your faction more points. i.e.
>Score +1 point if your army uses 3 Fast attack choices in your army.
>Score +1 point for you faction if you kill 3 units in the same turn.
>Score +2 points if you slay your opponent’s warlord with a character.
>etc.

Summoning should work the way it does in the recent Nagash book. No surprise that they're using their garbage ruleset as a testbed again.

I've accidentally got a couple of old gaming buddies back into 40k, and now I feel sort of obligated to provide some terrain for us to play on. I was planning on picking up the Realm of battle moonbase board, with an extra box of ruins plus some munitorum crates (plus some old 3rd ed ruins and aegis defence line I've got hanging around), does that sound like an ok start for 500 point games? After that I was planning on a promethium forge, more crates and that cool crane from sector mechanicus.

I looked at some of the mantic stuff as well, but while it would offer better board coverage for the price, the GW stuff looks so good. Also I know building it myself would be way more cost effective, but I have much more money than time so pre-built stuff is very attractive to me.

How does it work there?

>Why aren't you puting your faith in disease?

But I am user, I am.

Attached: image.jpg (800x800, 274K)

Ok /40kg/ post the stupidest fucking that guy shit you have seen.

for me, i saw someone trying to say that they can use teh dakka dakka stratagem on flamers, and they can still roll to hit and 6 give an extra hit, but because they are flamers they get to ignore the rule of 1 and 1s still hit.

How does it work there?

Thinking of coming back after a long break.
I play IG.
What's the best build running around. And did we get nerf fisted again?

Attached: 1502642842781.jpg (1022x854, 226K)

Narrative campaigns are breddy good, they could probably have a look at the old BFG rulebook for how to do Narrative missions with points. I quite enjoyed Konor too although there's invariably going to be the problem that there's just so many more Imperial players. I'd wager that even if you combined all of the primarily xeno and chaos players it wouldn't even come close to half the player base

Just because the niche audience is overrepresented amongst the trash lovers of this hobby doesn't mean it's not niche you weeb apologist. Doesn't change the complete joke of a faction concept the race is in a universe like 40k, as well as the cringy block bot aesthetic. Compare it to the much much better Knight designs and there's no contest.

Idk, but I will find out whenever I get around to building my mekadreads, 2 deffdreads, and 4 kans.

Why don't you pull that fat custodes cock out of your ass for one fucking second you dumb faggot cunt. Tau lore makes perfect fucking sense. Not everything has to be a group of spastic grimdark mutant idiots running around with swords while everyone else has lasers. THAT is fucking dumb. A sensible army like Tau that use actual tactics and rely on technology instead of stupidity is what the game fucking needs.

Remember when carnac was screeching that the daemons codex would have loads of stories of daemons kicking the shit out of the nids?
remember when it didn't mention them once?

Someone once tried to argue that I couldn't deep strike a unit of drones within one inch of their tank to prevent it from firing the next turn.

>its niche because I say so despite evidence to the contrary!

Dark Eldar and SoB are niche you stupid piece of crap.

so who won the open submission contest?
was it that lady who everybody here is saying a diversity hire?

Probably because even casual players inherently want games to be challenging/balanced for the most part.

They did seem to be pretty huge waacfag bait back in seventh from what I personally saw, but anecdotal is anecdotal.

it looks more like ash than swamp desu
have you thought about our savior, goblin green rims with green flock?

commisars & conscripts got a nerf bat because they were stupidly powerful (to the point where waacfags who had never so much looked at a guardsman were buying hundreds of them).
Guard are pretty stronk no matter what type of list you have, especially if you stick to a basic idea of loads of guardsman backed by loads of tanks.

GW's stuff is violently overpriced, but if you gotta have it look 'just right' then I guess that's what you're gonna need to go for.

I'd recommend getting a game mat rather than a molded board for ease of cleaning though.

Attached: image.png (1536x2048, 1.84M)

no they cater to my inner 12 year old who thinks space spartans are cool

Oh yeah, I'd definitely call repeated ass-pulls of random bigger robots 'actual tactics'. For fuck's sake it's like you don't even understand the greater implications of the usage of melee weapons in a sci-fi setting, fucking educate yourself, you mongoloid. Usage of fucking technology, listen here you illiterate fuck face the Imperium of Man has reached heights of goddamn technology the tau have never even fucking dreamed of, pick up any fucking lore books and learn about real technological innovation and progress rather then relying on your circlejerk codex written by sci-fi short story rejects trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator of fans.

And another thing, custodes cock has been genetically engineered to be perfect in every way, it's a fucking honor to be pounded by a power armored god.

Yeah, some of that terrain looks really nice; I've been kicking around the idea of getting some myself if only because money I spend on terrain won't be spent on another new fucking army

The moonbase board + a few ruins and crates should be more than enough for 500 point games. I love the big stuff like the Promethium Forge, but when I've played with it at stores I've found its a bit... unnecessary? Its great for Necromunda and the like, but your average 40k game doesn't always take advantage of the vertical aspects.

Attached: 99120199053_GalvanicMagnavent01.jpg (920x950, 88K)

I assume so. Although I suspect she had a slight advantage over some of the submissions by virtue of having managed to get some of her previous work published.

That's awesome.

back in late 7th waacfag tau player threw a fit and left because I kept making joking comment on how broken his riptide wings were. Admittedly I was being a bit of a dick, but then again he was running a dumb amount of riptides vs orks. In 7th.

You sound pretty tushy troubled buddy, need some lube to help slide in the cold hard truth that Tau aren't the worst thing in 40k?

Reminder that tau are actually grimdark as shit and have a totalitarian caste system where everyone is assigned a role from birth, breeding is strictly controlled and a quarter of the population is trained up and sent to their deaths.

Does anyone have a copy of Flayed?

Some crybaby last night was bitching that Buffmanders are dead, so I wrote a list that I think uses one very well. Thoughts?

Battalion Detachment (1317 points)
>Hq
Cadre Fireblade-42
Ethereal, Honor Blade-45
Enforcer Commander, 2x Missile Pods, 1 ATS, 1 DC, Puretide Chip, 2 Markerlight Drones-161

>Troops
(x2)15 Kroot-75
(x4)5 Strike Warriors-35

>Elites
Riptide, HBC, (2x)SMS, ATS, Target Lock, 1 Shielded Missile Drone-305

>Heavy Support
Hammerhead, Ion Cannon, (2x)SMS, (2x)Seeker Missile-175
Broadside, (2x)HYMP, (2x)SMS, ATS, 2 Markerlight Drones-172
Broadside, (2x)HYMP, (2x)SMS, ATS, 2 Markerlight Drones-172

Outrider Detachment (183 points)
Ethereal, Honor Blade-45
(2x)5 Pathfinders, Pulse Pistol, Pulse Accelerator Drone-49
4 Markerlight Drones-40

Commander is warlord with Through Unity, have him chill with the backline of 2 Broadsides and Riptide, they’re all shrouded in bs4+ ML drones(with fireblade ML starting things off on a priority target they’re rerolling 1s as wel), and bubblewrap the thing with scout moves and fire warriors. Dakka Dakka Dakka

Attached: F280A7EA-6804-42C9-B040-F85DA9BF6963.jpg (683x1024, 75K)

Hey I've got a cool space marine story for you faggot.
>we somehow beat ten million orks only losing 500 of our own which us actually half our fucking strength but we were back to full numbers again next week.
Space marines and all imperial factions for that matter are fucking dumb and all of their lore is garbage. At least Tau shit explains their asspull victories and Tau actually need to spend a reasonable time gathering new forces before starting a new war.

Naive weebs just want their anime protagonists and will disregard lore that doesn't fit their view.

How can you lack a basic understanding of how audience appeal works in a setting like this, stop jerking off your micropenis to cheesecake of shadowsun and get off GW's money hungry ride for your NEETbucks you unrepentent failure of a human being.

[spoilers] user I'm just checking that you know we're having shitty internet slap fights to pad the thread and I don't actually believe these things, we can stop if you want. [/spoilers]

Oh, I run Bork’an, but the list is prob okay with other septs. 7 cp total

>Tau actually need to spend a reasonable time gathering new forces before starting a new war.

Yeah, like that time when they only made three spheres of expansion in thousands of years, but then the third get buttraped so they churn out the 4rth only to lose it in the warp and the 5th again in lessa than a century.

Totally reasonable amirite?

The moonbase board is actually more like a board game board that the hard plastic ones they sell. Main reason for going with that is that we don't really have room for a full 6x4 table, so soft mats could be a little tricky.

Attached: flyrants and hive guard.png (1356x1596, 275K)

The crates are some of the better GW terrain kits. They block line of sight, which is how you prevent things from becoming a shooting gallery.