How would wizards do asteroid mining?

How would wizards do asteroid mining?

Attached: psychelongshot0718b.jpg (960x742, 113K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asterank.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Related?

asterank.com/

Park it above your lawn and send your house guard to turn it into fortress.

Attached: Ministry of Truth.jpg (2560x1440, 1.11M)

They would mine the elemental plane of earth for asteroids.

Construct an army of golems or whatever magical constructs your game allows. Get them up there, let them dig.

Also earth magic. Cause earthquakes that shatters the rock, allowing for easier availability.

>Get them up there

How would wizards send golems into space?
How would they get them back?

Launch them by skeleton railgun, of course.

>How would wizards send golems into space?

A long tube filled with downward-pointing fireball wands.

>stone to mud
>magnetism
>move earth (into a elongated shape)
>mud to stone
>stone to flesh
>scorching rays

Bam. All the precious metals and enough food to feed the local orphanage for a few months and get some nice karma in return

plus, it sets up a nice future experiment on the effects of space meat on the development of children

They cast meteor.

Wait for a close bypass (you know, alignment of the planets and all that) and use a teleportation spell.

Make the golems build a teleportation circle that allows material to be transported back at certain other close bypasses.

How would a wizard know when a bypass is coming? Divination spells.

Summon meteor into a hole, let it break up in the hole and fill it with water, buckets maybe. Use magic to make the water super dense.

Have all the rocks float up and skim them off and then reap the rest of the reward.

You wish.

The question really is WHY would wizards do asteroid mining?

Because any motivation to do so also presents limitations on what wizards can do. For example, if it's for the metal, that implies they can't conjure metal.

>INDUSTRIAL BAGS OF HOLDING

Maybe asteroid mining is faster and more efficient.

>WHY would wizards do asteroid mining?

It's secretly a search for alien artifacts.
It's also an excuse to build cool wizard towers in space.

>army of golems
>not using elf slaves

Why do kids play minecraft.

as much as i like to use slave elves, an army of golems is way cheaper, doesn't complain at all, and doesn't requires dumb things like food, rest and air to breathe.

Rituals to pull them closer to the planet I suppose.
I guess they'd lose too much mass if they pulled them from the asteroid belt down on to the planet, but maybe they could over years of rituals and good astronomy pull them out of the asteroid belt and into earths orbit.
Then when they're close enough start experimenting with teleporting between the asteroid and the planet. Might lose a few test subjects before they realize they need some kind of protective suit/field around them up there, but that could be solved.
Would probably be costly to teleport between the Magical College and the asteroid, so if it's a large asteroid maybe they would construct gateways between on the asteroid and in the college to bring down teleportation maintenance.

>The question really is WHY would wizards do asteroid mining?
Can't allow an asteroid mining gap with the Red Wizards of Thay

I usually don't play settings where wizards are omnipotent.

Yes, but couldn't omnipotent wizards from other settings teleport into yours?

St. Anselm, go home.

Modded or Vanilla?

>A long tube filled with downward-pointing dragons.

Vanilla

It's compelling to explore a new world that you can mold to your liking. Especially with your friends. Logging in to see that one guy made a comfy cabin upon the hill northeast of the town center, also fun to spontanously start working together on stuff together, once I decided to make a sewer under the main road on a small private server, as I was digging under the road I bumped into one of the other players, we were like 6 people and he also happened to have the same idea of making a sewer.

In that case, poor parenting.

Good marketing on Microjew's part

very wrong

How so? Since Notch sold it I've been seeing toys and merch pop up everywhere as well as mobile and console ports and Minecraft now has that stigma of being a "kids game" thanks to a huge influx of children that now play.

>Minecraft now has that stigma of being a "kids game"
It had that stigma since day one.

Kids always played minecraft and it was one of the best selling games of all time long before microsoft got involved.
So you're very wrong, microsoft has nothing to do with it.

Are you retarded? The game has been dominated by PC gaming adults in the Alpha and Beta days. I guess the absolute trove of mods being produced were all just kids, eh? If anything it was at least a 50/50 split before it became mainstream.

dammit I had the equations I did SOMEWHERE, but basically cannonballs and seven league boots provide a ridiculous high Isp and thrust when considered as a rocket drive, and in turn provide a ridiculous deltaV from about a ton of cannonballs in a half-ton space ship. Easily more than enough for a moon or asteroid shot.

>How to destroy your entire civilization: the post

still mad desu

That's where you get the materials for Ioun stones. Yay dying earth

>The game has been dominated by PC gaming adults in the Alpha and Beta days.
>PC gaming adults
>literally thinking in /v/ memes

Attached: Russian pro gaming arena.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Rare elements/material, rare Magicks, rare artifacts, rare sick-ass asteroid fortress.

>crash asteroid into planet by means of portal
>cast raise dead on now extinct mankind
>mine asteroid with undead slaves

NOTHING THREATENS MORREION

but is the wizard evil for using undead miners?

Well he
a) will lay them to rest after a month or so work each, and
b) he could just cast a resurrection spell on some, which would mean that the evilness of necromancy gets balanced out

Ugh, with constructs designed to operate in void?

Attached: 1493989833930.png (1344x1961, 1.65M)

I kind of want a wizard rts game like Warcraft or that dungeon game with the horny dude.

well yeah, he's circumventing the dwarven mining union's right to a fair days wage for a fair day's mining.

You mean Dungeon Keeper? It has some spiritual successors, like War for the Overworld or Dungeons series. If you mean a more traditional RTS, then maybe Glest? Not sure. Not many games in that vein.

You know how in Portal you make infinite fall? That, just inside a vacuum tube.

Dirty dwarves just want to be the only ones allowed to mine. Mine my own materials and suddenly it's a monopoly on resources. Heaven forbid I don't want to pay some half sized middle man to get my resources.

Long ago,before the reign of The Gravity Lich, during the Fourth Centaurian Colonization, a temple moon of the Space Wizards, was destroyed. In spectacular fashion the tribes of Rigellian Abyss enacted the most elaborate teleportation ritual ever seen in the civilised systems. The temple moon was divided into 17 large chunks and teleported to places throughout the frontier where it became asteroid fields. 14 of these asteroid fields have been found. Each of these site has become a hotbed of activity as different factions within the
Space Wizards as well as rogues from every corner of the hyperlanes risk life and limb to recover the lost artifacts, materials, and arcane knowledge lost in a war between empires that barely anyone remembers.

You know how in portal there are portals...

Come on, man, have a bit of style.

Space travel is pretty dangerous to things with internal organs and a need to breath.

For this purpose I posit the notion that liches should be contracted for all space related worth. Should there not be enough liches willing to do the work then liches should be produced by the bulk for work on any moon bases, orbital satellites, asteroid mines, and any space related mega-structures. Think of how fucking cool our kingdom would look if we could boast about this shit.

Attached: space-skeleton.jpg (970x728, 124K)