Why are dwarves the best race Veeky Forums?

Attached: dwarf.jpg (200x235, 12K)

Tiny picture for a tiny man.

I don't know about "best", but they make great frontliners.

Attached: Female.Dwarf.(Class.Of.Heroes).full.1056917.jpg (800x800, 82K)

They were kangs.

Attached: senebs-family-ancient-egypt-history-1.jpg (536x740, 67K)

>no dwarf casters
I'm getting tired of this bullshit.

Dwarven magic, much like all dwarven craft, is slow, methodical, and perfectionist. Dwarf casters spend days, weeks, months preparing a single rune for a circle or matrix that will take dozens of them. The fast, frantic sorcery of men or the jazz like free dweomer of the elves are anathema to the dwarf, would probably give them a panic attack just thinking about it.
Dwarven spells are slow, precise, and once worked, unbreakable and unrivaled

Attached: 8B636882-84A2-4026-A0A4-4B9401E23244.jpg (211x228, 14K)

I've always assumed that Dwarves make fantastic artificers, but poor casters.

There's nothing really preventing them from being casters, it's just that their base stat totals means they need a bigger investment to be good at it than other races. They do have high natural Faith, which is good for healers and divinely-powered martial classes like Paladins and Valkyries.

Attached: Cg-rmEQUUAAEBVc.jpg (613x500, 36K)

In the second game caster classes are race-locked.

Considering most Dwarf societies are underground... It would be very frowned upon having someone who can toss fireballs and make earthquakes.
Also defending tunnels can be done as easily as spamming infantry with good armor.

Because your a manlet and they make you feel better about how pathetic you are by providing a convenient hyper masculine fantasy for someone of your diminutive size and mental capacity.

Dwarves are literally Plebbit: The race

Play 3.5 core only, dwarf wizard best wizard. That said, dwarves make iconic clerics - cleric already ideally wears fullplate and dwarves don't suffer any minuses from that. So there you have your caster. Especially since I like the idea of spirituality in dwarves.
They're only as good as the player who plays them, user! Same as every other race! I love the guy who plays a Gnome at my table, he actually made me appreciate the race.

>It would be very frowned upon having someone who can toss fireballs and make earthquakes.
Of all people I think dwarves would realize that utility spells > flashy destructive spells any day.
>Play 3.5 core only, dwarf wizard best wizard. That said, dwarves make iconic clerics - cleric already ideally wears fullplate and dwarves don't suffer any minuses from that.
I know. I referred to that particular weeb game with furry dwarves, but I think it still applies to non-DnD video games and DnD retro-clones that have dwarves as a class.

Dwarves are literally Jews: The Race

Because who needs fancy spells when you can make a hammer that does the same? Also beards.

Attached: TuliPortrait.jpg (382x450, 68K)

Because you've never played against someone who knows how to use them properly in WHFB.

I mean people love to talk about trollslayers and loads of gunmen, but the real armies just have a shit ton of cannons and axes and just grind you down to nothing.

Which ultimately is why facing them tends to turn people off of dwarves, because as it turns out the most effective dwarves are the boring ones.

>Because your a manlet
It's hilarious how this is a default assumption of dwarf fans in particular. Most guys I've met who are into TTRPG's in general fit squarely in the manlet range of 5'7" or 5'8" (like most human males on planet Earth) but hell, this is Veeky Forums, don't let reason get in the way of your autism.

In fact, mythological dwarves were often skilled sorcerers. Even Norse mythology had dwarves like Ottar, who regularly shapeshifted into different forms.

The only reason that dwarves = non-magical came about is because of Tolkien, and more importantly D&D aping Tolkien. Heck, not even that; the dwarves in "The Hobbit" do some magic as well, from what little I remember; it's more that every D&D dwarf is trying to be Gimli specifically, and not Tolkien dwarves in general.

I think D&D dwarves having no magic comes from Three Hearts and Three Lions, which is where both D&D's dwarves and elves come from.

INTO THE BOOK

Because, like the Noldor, they were taught by Aulë.

And Aulë is best Valar.

This might have something to do with Tolkien's dwarves literally not having a soul, just like their real world prototype.
>Because you've never played against someone who knows how to use them properly in WHFB.
>Not being that dwarf player and having all the salt you would ever need
WHFB is dead, let it rest in peace.

Yea, dwarves are the Chosen people of Veeky Forums and better than everyone else by fiat.

you're*

Because I am an absolute sucker for megafacilities/megadungeons and dwarves facilitate that very, very well.
Oh and because craftsmanship is cool.

>And Aulë is best Valar.
needs to sort his Maiars out

What are some good fantasy ores and materials for Dwarf-centric campaigns?
I like 'Star-Metal' or 'Deep Iron' for starters.

Edible and highly transportable

Attached: That's a Grudgin'.jpg (800x799, 112K)

Now that's a funny way to say Ulmo