Mtg modern general

feelio when too poor edition

GP Tokyo 2018 Top Decks: magic.wizards.com/en/events/coverage/gpkyo18/gpkyo18-finals-decklists-2018-03-25

Dominaria release notes: magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/news/dominaria-leak-2018-03-08

>Playing
>Hating
>Brewing

>Thread question
From fast mana to cheating creatures into play to sculpting your opponents topdecks, there are lots of angles many decks in Modern attempt to shoot that are considered unfair. What do you think of unfair decks in Modern? How does your deck handle them?

RESOURCES:
>metagame
mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern#paper
mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
>Search Engines
scryfall.com/
magiccards.info/
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Default.aspx
>Budget Decks
pastebin.com/Q9D59Wry (embed)

Attached: what the fuck.png (1850x705, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

topdecked.me/decks/765c266f-1113-41a4-8eaa-610f5f90b695
mtggoldfish.com/price/Treasure Chest/Palace Sentinels#online
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Forked bolt is soo sweet vs Humans. It sucks ass vs Mantis Rider but it gets rid of Meddling Mage, Thalia, Multiple Phantasmal Images, I really like it

>snappy up another dollary-doo

can't wait until I get to my lgs again to show off my page of foils

Attached: 3e05c64956b06e20474a0cfd324bf9e854f6867ad8beb4ad45a765ba7d52a94a.jpg (350x350, 51K)

also eyo HOL UP!

Is that Goblin lore?!!

why is it so much? I have thirty of those at least in my bulk boxes.

Attached: 1521116638108.png (285x353, 96K)

Just printed once and a star in the hearthstone meme deck

At this point Wizards has to acknowledge the problem. And it's only gonna get worse.

Do they plan to do something about it or what? What do you guys think?

it's been printed 3 times lol

>Thread question

I hate fast mana decks like Eldrazi. I play Grixis Control and the clock they can put on you is so fast it's often very difficult to last long enough to stabilise. Also decks that can cheat out a quick Chalice or Blood Moon are no fun at all to play against.

I like it, keep modern and legacy the country club, let the peasants have standard.

First of all fuck you. Second even 1k-1.5k is cheaper than Standard.

>have to spend hundreds of dollars to play paper magic
>have to spend hundreds of dollars to play mtgo

Attached: XO-UoJ2c.jpg (282x282, 12K)

stop being poor

The power of the jude all mighty and all knowing...
After we killed the fuhrer nobody can stop us hehehehe...

Attached: 15BB0E46-5AD8-4BA2-B198-1646C7C0FCA6.png (640x1136, 245K)

But Magic is supposed to be a children's game, champion.

i think its seeing play in hollow one

First, you don't HAVE to. No one is putting a gun to your head and yelling, "PLAY A GAME OF FUCKING MAGIC RIGHT NOW!" And if they are, you have way bigger problems.
Second, Magic can very easily be played on a budget. We mad a list of /modern/ approved budget decks. The most expensive deck on that list is $200. You can play Pauper or or a janky kitchen table deck, or build a Cube with your friends. Again, no one is forcing you to play competitive formats.

I never see kids playing MTG, it's always dudes in they're twenties.

Once they announce post Frontier, the post Ixalan eternal format which you can play with MtG Arena.

Yes, that is exactly the problem, Wizards doesn't want players playing their game, you're very intelligent.

What the fuck happened to confidant? I have one in the side of a deck I hardly use, should I sell it

No, they don't want people playing Modern or Legacy. They DO want people playing Standard and Commander and Draft because those people buy product.

Lissen up goy, it is a TRADING card game, of course they will always priorizar us, the traders and collectors.

>make good product for those
>sells
>make no product for the other
>doesn’t sell
>CLEARLY THE FORMAT FAULT!
>staples keep skyrocketing

>the post Ixalan eternal format
Kek. We're having a giggle right now but one day that'll become a thing.

How many times do we need to go over this? Draft needs a constant product supply, standard remders your stuff useless in a few years and commander refreshes things with precons every year. Meanwhile eternal formats have a clear point where players don't need product anymore. Once I have fetches, shocks/duals I don't ever need to buy lands again. The same goes for staples with a clear power cap that they'll probably never top, like Snapcaster, Vials or Chalice. They can only powercreep eternal formats so much, sure, every once in a while Eldrazi might happen or they release a few good cards like Leovold or Brutality, but in general the amount if product we need to buy will always be pathetic compared to the fornats they support, so they release bad products because they cannot allow legacy or modern to be more popular than standard, because those players are worthless.

Except new cards allow for new decks to be created and new decks mean a shift in the meta and a shift in the meta means you need new cards.

>pauper
I’m tired of ub delver vs burn...

Attached: 86D1E52D-E2BD-42A2-AC57-1DAC96018C58.png (500x750, 583K)

tb id be okay with this if wotc promised to be a lot more aggressive with their reprints. if rekindling phoenix and scarab god are $30 in standard, imagine how costly theyd be in a nonrotating format.

im still angry about how that dumb phenox is 30bux

Does tg patronize their lgs? I can’t imagine knowingly spending more just to prop up a business.

Yes, and how many relevant cards have been printed since Eldrazi that were relevant for strong decks?
Then compare this to how many cards they sell for standard. They can sell Hazorets and Glorybringers then force you to buy new red stuff the next year. Metas shift slowly in eternal formats, certainly not as fast as Wizards want to profit from it as their main source of income, so it's in their best interest to keep modern expensive.

I'm not saying I like it, I'm just saying it makes sense that they release bad products.

Humans changed the meta, then you have Hollow one. Yes, you're right.

>'m just saying it makes sense that they release bad products
I've suddenly gotten very depressed. Can someone remind me why we play this game again?

Attached: 1481127899985.jpg (1398x464, 494K)

Can we brew right here and now a Kaldra modern deck ?

just for the sake of it i will assemble everything and report results

Attached: Kaldra wet Dream.jpg (1600x1200, 303K)

Because we have nowhere else to go.

Howdy, Veeky Forums. Never been here before, and I haven't played seriously in a couple years, but I just wanted to drop by and share my favorite deck. It's probably shit by your standards, but I enjoy playing it.
topdecked.me/decks/765c266f-1113-41a4-8eaa-610f5f90b695
So what's everybody's favorite color/color combo?

I'm sorry, friend, both turboKaldra and valueKaldra won't work out very well. You'd be better off picking a flavorful Sword or three and jamming em in a taxes list
That said, there's a loooot more than just Modern, and there's a fun home for that in other decks

Predator's Strike = strictly better than Awaken the Bear.
ur welcome bro
-love, Veeky Forums

(((They're))) in charge of (((Wizards))).

Attached: 1466231153717.png (300x300, 116K)

Alright, I have all maindeck BR Hollow One (when the cards will arrive), except for one of the two Collective Brutality and the 3 Blackcleave Cliffs.
With what do I replace the lands with? I'm using 4 Blood Crypts so I still lack 2 lands.

Do you already have Dragonskull Summit or Smoldering Marsh? Foreboding Ruins is also an option.

When's the best time to pick up singles from Masters 25?

Am I understanding Storm correctly? If I have a wheel in my hand but want to cast a storm card, can I cast wheel then when it's on the stack cast a storm card, and then the wheel will count towards storm?

No, I don't, that's why I'm asking. What's the best replacement for those 2 slots?

Go with the tron land so that you can potentially assemble the piece by turn 4

>tfw play Mono green stompy
>Consistently go 4-1or sometimes go 5-0 in FNMs
>Never have this problem
Lmao

Sulfurous Springs and Dragonskull Summit.

Okay, thanks.

How do I not turn this into a meme deck?

Attached: Modern Dinosaurs.jpg (975x485, 97K)

Storm counts every single spell played before it tard

End your life

don't cut yourself with that edge

In standard they are worth money. In modern they are worth a buck.

A month from release.

Wow whered you get that meme, 2014?

>that faggot who takes your deck to shuffle it
>that faggot who rearranges it na a retarded way
>that one faggot who puts only the top card on the bottom

If any of you do this you should unironically kys

Maybe you should go blog your emotions somewhere else.

I don't even cut at fnm

any green creatures that provide top of library manipulation/draw? either etb or a reasonably costed ability

I HAVE to shuffle my opponent's deck. There are a number of blatant cheaters at my lgs and I'm not going to lose just because some prick is better at card tricks than I am.

Tracker, Courser.. Duskwatch Recruiter? Flip Nissa?

Fair enough. People who try to cheat in shuffling are even worse.

>the faggot who puts the top 7 cards of his opponents deck to the bottom then do a ritualistic cut gesture on top of it while reciting some sort of incantation under his breath
>get either all lands or no lands
Every fucking time.

>that faggot who starts stroking your cock under the table

FUCK ALL OF THESE EBAY SALES THEY ALWAYS RUN THIS SHIT WHILE I'M AT WORK WHY AREN'T THEY 24 HOURS LONG

>billion creatures
>only a few of them are above 3 cmc
where's the fucking coco

They're going to backpedal on this like they have for every other decision they've made over the past couple of years.
I don't know what the fuck happened over at WotC, but every decision past (and including) the faster rotation has been a shitstorm.

>playing
burn
>hating
That burn isn't considered the fastest deck anymore
>brewing
2 decks. One is a LD deck featuring GDD and BBE that ramps into stormbreath or titan. Don't want to call it ponza since there's no blood moon.
The other is a shit green red aggro/zoo deck
>thread Q
I generally only have issues with lantern since if i don't draw artifact hate in my opener, they'll probably mill it.
MB chalice fucks me up game1, but i can usually get the next 2.
Everything else i like to think i can outrace

Are you running ghalta?

Nope. He's a pretty winmore card if you ask me

4x Experiment One
4x Dryad Militant
4x Strangleroot Geist
3x Kalonian Tusker
3x Avatar of the Resolute
2x Scavenging Ooze
4x Leatherback Baloth (soon to be Steel Leaf Champion)
2x Rhonas the Indomitable

4x Vines of Vastwood
4x Aspect o Hydra
3x Rancor
2x Dismember

2x Treetop Village
19x Forest

Pretty stock list, but very effectice nontheless. I played around with Ghalta, and while I can cast him turn 4 consistently, he's a horrible topdeck when you're behind

While i like rhonas, I'd prefer dungrove elder.
But that's just me, you do you user. Good on you for rocking mono green

Dungrove would probably be a good swap for Rhonas against white decks due to Path.

I board in Elder vs BGx and white based decks

SB
1x Deglamer
2x Unravel the Aether
1x Oxidize
1x Creeping Corrosion
2x Dungrove Elder
2x Obstinate Baloth
2x Savage Punch
2x Feed the Pack
2x Pithing Needle

Im contemplating on Shaper's Sanctuary but I figure big bodies are enough

>Play a couple competitive leagues
>Taking Turns, Elves with Bloodbraid, UR Jace crap with Emrakul, WUG Jace crap with Deep Fiend, GW Eldrazi, BR Goblins, Ad Nauseam, RG Myr Superion stupidity

What the fuck happened to this cocksucking format?

Means you can literally play anything and win. Too bad (((WotC))) likes to suck investor dick and doesnt acknowledge the rising prices of staples.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-03-28-09-47-18.png (720x1280, 134K)

I actually beat all those decks playing Jund. They just inconvenienced me enormously by being so "original deck donut steel" and making me overthing my plays.

Only game I lost in two leagues was vs Affinity.

They already put amonkhet in MTGA

RDW looking good as usual
shinka is probably the most hardcore sounding land I've ever seen

Opinions bros? I need modern deck for FNM long time investment

Attached: Capture.png (1075x696, 302K)

>long term investment
Jund, the price is only going to go up.

>even 1k-1.5k is cheaper than Standard
Not if you stay ahead of the curve.

>>that faggot who takes your deck to shuffle it
Even when they're not cheating people subconsciously stack the deck if they knew where a certain card is before hand, such as when mulling.

Why the fuck did Wizards have to make an announcement about masters sets?
If they had just shut their fucking mouths then prices would be more reasonable.
There was no need for announcement to let everyone know how shitty masters sets were going to be in the future.

WOTC doesn't want an affordable modern otherwise people would play it

>modern is unaffordable
Facebook groups bruh, everything 50% off.

Nothing quite wrecks lantern control like mill. A bunch of fags at my LGS started playing it so I made a strong mill deck to wreck their shit so they stop playing unfun decks.

stop this meme

So play Kuldotha, or Teachings, or Tortured Existence, or Jund, or White Weenies, or Elves, or Cawblade, or Tron, or Ramp, or Acid Trip

More people playing the game = More free advertisement = More people getting their friends into it = More people who need staples = A larger player base to buy new staples that get printed

Sell you fool!
SELL BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!

That's what I expect to face off against in a competitive enviroment, not fucking Elder Deep Fiend.

Hypothetically speaking, where would one find gay magic players do various physical activities with?

>Acid Trip
>Paublade
>Jund
>Tortex
>Teachings

But what if I want to stand some chance of actually wining games?

I'm being generous and assuming kuldotha means Boros Monarch. That, Tron and Elves are the only competitive decks you mentioned. And Boros is stupidly expensive for a pauper deck because of the retarded 'treasure chest only' printing of palace sentinels.

Palace Sentinels is a dollar, less than a lot of other commons.

mtggoldfish.com/price/Treasure Chest/Palace Sentinels#online
18.7 tix

What's a tix? Is it 1:1 for the dollar?

He's talking about MODO dumbass, nobody plays paper pauper.

There's a paper Pauper every Sunday at my LGS, gets 16+ peple every time.

What if a new deck uses cards that are already high in price because they're used in another deck or they're simply high at prerelease?
Don't tell me you're going to play only decks that are cheap even if you don't like them.
>so they stop playing unfun decks.
You've become the little bitch, user.
Mentally, it is.