How might we make chainmail more interesting?

How might we make chainmail more interesting?

Attached: wallpaper-817046.jpg (1920x1200, 327K)

Other urls found in this thread:

powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

make it hexagons instead of rings.

The fuck do you mean "more interesting"? Are you a time traveller from a 14th century armourer's marketing team?

why need to? it's better than plate already. easier to travel with, hardly rusts(just run around in it if it rusts) doesn't heat you up or makes you cold. its better, for a band of adventurers at least

Idk. I already think it's awesome. Maybe it's person who wears it and not the chain mail itself.

Attached: the-seventh-seal.jpg (362x362, 20K)

>How might we make chainmail more interesting?
Let players each have only one unit except one player who gets to control an army and set up terrain. Gary thinks it will catch on, absolute madman.

Your pick almost answers your question.

Put something unexpected or appealing in it.

Maybe the chainmail is dragging on the ground because a goblin found it and now he thinks he's some hot stuff, jingling through the dungeon with his new gear.

Find a way to emotionally impact your players with it, and it's interesting, right? Whether that's a laugh, or an omen...

>knows how to defeat death
>confesses it to a random priest
Got what he deserved.

It glows

Attached: largechainglow1.jpg (1200x1200, 145K)

I hear Arneson has already been trying it and the players really really enjoy it, I might give it a try myself soon.

laughter could be good, especially if that goblin is a really tenacious fighter who wields a pair of daggers and defeats his enemies with death-by-a-thousand-cuts.

>First, we laughed at the goblin in a man's suit of chain
>Then we screamed as he jingled through the dark room, the only warning his blades were near was the clink of metal on the stone floor
>I'm not sure if I was lucky to get out, or if he let me out so I could tell the tale.

Place it up your girlfriends ass.

Haha, exactly.

>It glows
"Sir user I'm afraid you have cancer... "
Roll percentile.
6-100 Take 1d4 Con & Str dmg per month.
1-5 Gain one random superpower, powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Random

Attached: 1510876757244.jpg (1412x1647, 919K)

What do you mean by more interesting? Getting more players to use it in games like D&D?

Mail is an armor tech level. If you have the tech you go for various levels of articulated plate. If you do not have the tech to articulate you use mail to cover joints. If you can not produce plates you go full mail.

>How might we make chainmail more interesting?
Muppets.

Tabards 'n shit.

Attached: Albel.jpg (252x486, 35K)

Helps casting lightning.

Squares instead of rings.

Attached: History_Knightfall_13Dicembre_Simon-Merrels-Tom-Cullen-Padraic-Delaney-1000x600.jpg (1000x600, 140K)

Attached: KNTProgression.png (1000x500, 402K)

Attached: 1513138332743.jpg (623x960, 186K)

Plate has a better weight distribution because it can be supported by the waist, while all the weight of chain is on your shoulders. Most chainmail shirts also don't cover the sleeve because they hang loosely and will fall on top of you if you lift your arms.

> what is a belt

That's what belts are for. Have you ever even worn a chainmail?

Have you tried not playing D&D ?

I had the idea of once having a Troll lived under a bridge and collected magic rings and used them in chainmail
he'd wear it and most of the magical effects would be gone, and some of them would have been changed through either the physical manipulation or the exposure to the magic of the other rings

so if the player hit the chainmail there would be rolls on what magic ring triggered

what you should be asking is if he's ever worn a belt

That's not exactly right, you mong. Plate has better weight distribution over the entire body, with each individual plate varying their thickness to shave off as much weight as possible. Chainmail can be supported by a belt but it's still mostly sitting on the shoulders.

I have been working on a type of magical chainmail to include in my games, though how I would have it work Mechanically is still a work in progress. It is called Shatter Mail and the magic makes it where if any blow would either break one of the rings or cause dangerous amounts of blunt trauma it will defy the law of path of least resistance and continually re-break the same ring until either the blow runs out of kinetic energy or the ring is reduced to coarse iron filings. It is strange in that it is one of the few types of magic armor that can be somewhat mass produced by exploiting the limits of its repair ritual, meant to fix the inevitably broken rings, by cutting the mail in half, replacing the missing half with mundane mail, and conducting the repair ritual, resulting in two complete pieces of Shatter Mail.

The 90's called and said they want their medieval plot back.

By wearing it correctly. Holy hell would that pinch.

I did. It's called D&D. You're welcome.
t. Dave Arneson

One word: thong-backed.

Attached: kingdom-under-fire-heroes-20050902115705884.jpg (800x1111, 73K)

By setting your game in the right era for it. The middle-ages span a period of almost 1,000 years, and mail's been used in some shape or form since a few centuries before Christ. Before transitionary plate came around in the 12 - 1300s it was the top armour on the market for a millenia.

Make it not chafe.

Attached: IMG_3526.jpg (525x700, 185K)

>butted mail
enjoy getting stabbed in the throat when the links break open after a couple of strikes

Make it really well fitted.

And throw in some decorative brass rings.
Fuck it, go full on with the fantasy and make it out of exotic materials so it can be all sorts of colours. Make it with ultra-fine knit too.

Attached: 1269904615532.jpg (2048x1536, 1.32M)

Ironically add modern fashion styles to it

And don't just use sheets of it, make strips of it in patterns to sew to other things, like with the arms and legs here.

Attached: 1488956003696.jpg (564x273, 29K)

You literally asked for it.

Attached: photo_665_chain_mail_jock_side[1].jpg (300x218, 33K)

Now with the correct image.

Attached: 1488955538477.jpg (564x848, 75K)

Mail mixed with plates

Attached: 1489001235326.jpg (403x800, 60K)

Unless you intend on fighting in it.

Man, kingdom under fire was such an interesting game.

Wire mails:
1. unlink chains
2. turn them into wire
3. ????
4. PROPHET

Make it into D&D.

Attached: Chainmail-1st.jpg (195x297, 31K)

T is for Templar

Make high cut bikinis out of it

Tbh chain is the most aesthetically pleasing armor from the middle ages.

it's off the chain

>I wont rest until I make every Knight fall
Jesus Christ, really?

MEEETHRIIIIL!!!1

>unironically posting boobplate

get out

I'm stealing that idea.

Motherfucker, it's a chain links. It's a fucking chain links. It can't get anymore interesting than that. It is all that is. If you wanna interesting, cover that shit up with plates or clothes.

>5% chance at getting something like planetary manipulation
>can just put it on and take it off again and again until you get cancer manipulation/curing

Make it into a bikini

Apply explosive runes to some of the mail but not all of them.
Then when word starts to get out about people who didn't send it to ten others up and exploded, the chainmail will start to be taken seriously.

>when tempering the metal, pure water that was blessed with the wishes of a safe journey was used
>each link was then further blessed by a different God in the pantheon

Not sure how that would translate into mechanics without being overpowered, but I like the idea. I'm surprised nobody mentioned anything about blessings before.

Rolled 73 (1d100)

Let's see what this here glowy shit does

the fuck you even talking about

Make it wood.

Fuckin' ninja'd, son.

Rolled 29 (1d100)

"I thought it would give me superpowers."

In retrospect I probably should have searched for "D&D" in addition to "dungeon" when looking to see if someone had made the joke yet.

The only time chain breaths better than plate is when you don't wear padding, which rather defeats the purpose.

Yes...shame 2 was in development hell for almost a decade and is now just another MMO.

Rolled 26 (1d100)

It seemed like a good idea at the time, man.

nice ass.

It's already more interesting and better looking than plate.