Apotheosis for PCs

>Be me
>Running an "End of the Universe" scenario
>Decide that if the players succeed in either escaping this dying universe or by fighting to the very end that their PCs will become deities in the next incarnation of the universe and will make up part of the pantheon for the setting they will play in next
>Cleric wants to become god of life and magic
>Paladin wants to become god of death and judgement
>LG Thief doesn't know
>Give LG Thief the opportunity to become "the dream thief" stealing nightmares so that good people may rest easy at night and leaving nightmares in the minds of villains
>Thief instead orchestrates the demise of the CN aberration he would have to merge with to become this entity
>Trying to think of another ultimate destiny for this Thief
>Player is kind of lolrandumb and loves CN shit so I'm flummoxed that he didn't go for what I offered him
>I don't think he fully understood though DESU

Any ideas for what kind of god a lawful good thief might become?

Attached: ascension.jpg (443x286, 19K)

>thief
>lawful
A god of bureaucra...
>good
...forget it, no idea.

He becomes a mysterious non-diety of luck. Without a name, without a temple, only detectable by madmen and those with an oracle's sight, but always present.

Problem is there will be a minigame as part of session 0 where they as gods will help create the next setting

Would a non-deity take part in this?

Right?
I can't think of anything aside from luring him into changing his alignment by constantly tempting him to act outside of it

Is he really a LG thief? What does he steal?

He steals stolen things and returns them to proper owners if he can

But stealing is inherently chaotic, and giving something to those who can't take care of it is inherently evil.

Deity of vigilantes? God that is tough.

Does he do anything notable besides steal during downtime?

He's also a scout

Obvious troll

Attached: foresttroll.jpg (1660x1760, 247K)

The God of mystery, confusion, seeming contradictions, and unknowns, enemy of all the foul chaotic things that would hide in his cloak.

Lawful god of Chaos.

Vanguard of the gods?

The Chaotic God of Law?

No that wouldn't make any sense!

Makes sense to him probably.

God of the bold and independent? God of those who will go against the grain to do what they deem good, even if others peg it as evil/chaotic?

You know, basically if Batman was a god.

....shit that is a tough one. I mean maybe in this new universe the concept of reclamation will be more important because of him?

Also remember that you can still be lawful by following a stringent code, even if that code breaks established law, so a Batman/Robinhood thing would work fine.

My patron saint Antonio de Padua is the saint of finding lost things iirc.

So, that? Maybe?

Mal'al?

Khorne?

Most people forget this

I also need some kind of transformation for him to undergo lvl 7 now but he needs some kind of unique feature
The paladin has a bunch of spectral chains trailing behind him each link is a soul he has saved
The cleric has an artifact weapon of one of the deceased gods
I need the thief to obtain something both thematic and mechanical (game mechanics)
Not sure what to give him

He whenever he reaches into his pockets he finds something of variable usefulness to the situation and if someone asks he can retrieve lost items they are strongly attached too.

Maybe the god of good deeds and night?

God of Teehee Macoroni.

God of Justice?

Not as in the concept of justice that mortals have, but literal, absolute justice. Not necessarily a good god, since he could strike down a heroe if the heroe has done a wring and must be punished accordingly.

I mean, he does steal stolen goods and return them, yet he steals in the first place. So maybe a god less about greater good or evil and more about justice and balancing the scale.

>Fused with an aberration
He should be the god of law and chaos

God of crossroads, liminality and transition.

He's the hidden god between the cracks. His lawful goodness reflected in the necessity of change and the weird contradiction of endless possibilities and one inevitable path taken.

He chose not to fuse
He killed the aberration instead

The party uses summoned creatures to acquire whatever they need from stores

God of honour/justice
God of (petty) vengeance
The robbing hood, a mysterious mystery that lives within the forests of the realm, with his followers he wears colours to camouflage himself and has become the master of the bow, using it to traverse the wilderness and take back those that have been stolen.
See how far before they catch into the he ladt one

>He steals stolen things and returns them to proper owners if he can
The Reclaimer
God of Lost Things
God of Turnabout
God of Just Comeuppance

>He's also a scout
The Strider and Finder
The Seeker and Returner
The Searcher and the Seeker
There is no escape and that is for sure
This is the end; we won't take any more
Say goodbye to the world you live in
You've always been taking and now you've given
Running, on our way
Hiding, you will pay
Dying, one thousand deaths
Searching, Seek and Destroy-er

Maybe he could become an idea or a concept instead of becoming a deity: he could represent fighting against injustice or the ideas of justice and equality. He could, in that case, not be worshipped in a direct way but instead consider fighting against repression and injustice, vigilantism and robin hood-esque actions as acts of faith, and make said figures his "clerics" and chosen, and maybe grant them powers and/or blessings to them so long as they do not stray.
TLDR: rangers/rogues with divine magic and/or domains motherfucker. You could even make it a prestige class and/or an archetype depending on what game you're playing.