Why are role-playing systems all made for at least like 4 people to play...

why are role-playing systems all made for at least like 4 people to play? don't these creators realise I have no friends to play with?

make a solo role-playing game already!

Attached: 1407799779747.jpg (532x502, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Fantasy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>solo role-playing game
That's a video game.

>make a solo role-playing game already!
Instead of calling you a retard (deservedly) or pointing out that you killed a thread for this, I'll tell you to google "single-person RPG" instead and then close the tab, secure in the knowledge that you bettered yourself in some way.

I recently saw an old school solo RPG which works much like CYOA here on tg. It was openly available also.

nah video games can't do it right

It's called scriptwriting

Pillars of Eternity, Arcanum, Planescape Torment and so on. Just because you can't play an antisocial kitsune waifu doesn't make it not a roleplaying game.

There is a Traveller supplement for that.

Videogame RPGs have as much roleplaying in them as any other genre of videogames - not much. I understand that I am in role of my virtual avatar, but my choices are so limited and everything is so linear. Videogames are glorified CYOA - dead set scenario with couple of junctions.

>I understand that I am in role of my virtual avatar, but my choices are so limited and everything is so linear.
Try Crusader Kings with mods/WoL.

It's not hard to play an rpg solo. You just play the DM and your character(s). Just make sure that you keep your in-character and out-of-character information well separated. It helps to take good notes too.

>develop schizophrenia
FTFY

>make a solo role-playing game already!

You're profoundly stupid, aren't you?

Are you going to start complaining about the lack of pre-sliced bread next?

>writing fiction = schizophrenia
Okay, mr. Banfun.

I'd like to play just one solo RPG where my GM doesn't turn it into his magical realm.

1 GM and 1 player is doable.

Attached: Traveller Solo_Star Trader.pdf (PDF, 2.19M)

Attached: Quill.pdf (PDF, 1.25M)

That's called writing a story. Do it!

>don't these creators realise I have no friends to play with?
get off this board loser

Nigga, you dumb. I will spoonfeed you so you don't choke.

PDF Share thread has a solo trove, a collection of games to play by yourself.

For Fantasy, use Scarlet Heroes. for everything else, use attached.

Now, timestamped kneecap in thanks.

Attached: One Page Solo Engine.pdf (PDF, 673K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Fantasy

Attached: Warlock_25th.jpg (260x406, 36K)

it's called a video game

Also go to the pdf share thread and look up the solo rpg trove, tons of good shit and resources there

Most well known is probably mythic GM simulator, gets the job done

My personal recommendation is Scarlet heroes

You're thinking of writing a novel. Just write a novel.

And fucking awesome if you really want to entertain someone.

The player doesn't have to share turns with anybody and their adventure can be constructed around what they want.
It's spoiling, I'm sure. But my players were extra-perky when I had "intro" sessions with each one on their own to get used to a new system.

It's called writing a novel.

Just use Mythic Game Master Emulator, Story Dice, Game Masters Apprentice cards...there's a ton of ways to play and generate content on the fly.

Look up black streams my man

Try writing a book, or even fanfiction. You can even commission an illustrator and call it a webcomic and maybe pick up a few readers that way

Attached: Erf3_313_900_web.jpg (900x5117, 1.29M)

>58774127
this. Although the first two sessions are a bit awkward since its just 1v1.

I think there's more to it than that. I like the idea of playing a game where I react to something unpredictable, use dice to generate content from roll tables and determine outcomes. There's an element of surprise when playing with a group or using an oracle that you don't get when writing a straight story.

I dunno about that. Writing a story can be pretty surprising, in it's own way.

Of course, you could always do a quest, either on /qst/ or something more moderated and Prequelesque

Attached: story1906.gif (600x450, 37K)

Buy Gloomhaven.