Lets say you were to drop cybertron into 40k. Assuming they are buffed or nerfed to fit in more...

Lets say you were to drop cybertron into 40k. Assuming they are buffed or nerfed to fit in more, how would the effect the setting?

Attached: robutts.png (419x370, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:Transformers
1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex:_Transformers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Honestly the more interesting implication is Energon refinement tech. Just about every faction in the setting would jizz themselves over it, except the admech, cause they only jizz in binary.

All those Abominable Intelligences, so easily corruptible by Chaos and so easily controllable by the Necrons.

Its been done.
1d4chan.org/wiki/Setting:Transformers

>Implying Primus would ever let Chaos touch his children
Chaos gets its shit pushed in if they do anything to Primus' children that would cause it to wake up from its nap.

Attached: 39089cfb1a4e517ba9b2570066b57a37.jpg (867x1000, 639K)

Necrons couldn't control them Cybertronians have something the necrons don't, a soul.

I am sick and tired of the argument that Chaos HAS to automatically corrupt every race that always gets brought up in these crossover threads, and I actually like Chaos.

The Warp is intimately tied up exclusively with 40K's reality. Emphasis on "40Ks reality". In a trans-dimensional crossover, it is more logical to presume that entities from outside of the 40K region of macrospace have no connection to the Warp, which means they are effectively an entire race of Nulls. Blanks? Whatever it is, the ones that don't actively fuck up daemons and psykers with their presence, but which can't be affected by them, either.

Also, that the Necrons could control Cybertronians is ridiculous AND boring, the terminal sins.

Honestly, I felt that setting went off the rails when it tied itself to the "Aligned Continuity". I can't stand this new "Primus and Chaos are gods and there were 13 original transformers" and... gods, I want to puke.

We have things far worse than the forces of Chaos that have tried that already.
"Corruption" in the way you understand it isn't something that comes easily to a Cybertronian.

Attached: Ramjettfu.jpg (400x492, 86K)

>The Warp is intimately tied up exclusively with 40K's reality. Emphasis on "40Ks reality". In a trans-dimensional crossover, it is more logical to presume that entities from outside of the 40K region of macrospace have no connection to the Warp, which means they are effectively an entire race of Nulls. Blanks? Whatever it is, the ones that don't actively fuck up daemons and psykers with their presence, but which can't be affected by them, either.

Bog standard rocks have no inherent ties to the warp and can still be corrupted by it, or blast apart by psychic powers. At best you'd be in a situation where the ported over faction is basically a neutral value no special weakness or resistance to the warp.

Your line of reasoning amounts to I can port over Dick Tracy to Star Trek and have him tank phasers because he's not inherently tied to the universe, also he killed all the Q because fancy TNG magic doesn't work on him.

Attached: 12c7523dd2e93a27ca227c1de31c6d75.jpg (630x1024, 463K)

Cybertronians basically have the equivalent of a chaos god protecting their souls.

Primus is greater than any mere Ruinous Power, user. The Lord Of Light protects.

Neat. What's a good recent (last 10 years) TF comic series I could download? I haven't been following it since the old Dreamwave reboots.

Attached: pzSl67a.jpg (1920x833, 114K)

>I am monitoring this thread

Attached: hV1Pg6m.jpg (530x401, 18K)

Which transformers continuity?
Holy Terra may or may not be Unicron.

If it is Unicron then can Emperor tell him what to do?
>Tfw, Emperorcron fucks shit up all over the universe.

Damn son, that looks like FUN!

1d4chan.org/wiki/Codex:_Transformers

Attached: Vql4urn.jpg (530x396, 14K)

It depends on if Games Workshop bought Hasbro, or vice-versa.
In the former case, the Transformers would be subjected to becoming parts of lesser armies; Autobots being relegated to whatever faction the technology worshipers belong to, and Decepticons most likely becoming lesser agents of the combat/war related Chaos lord.

If Hasbro bought Games Workshop, it would be reasonable to think that the Autobots would be revered as Gods by the tech priests, put into positions of higher leadership. As such, the Decepticons would be equivalent leaders of Chaos, if not outright becoming Gods themselves.

It's all about who holds the IP, and what makes the money.

It's one of my favortite cross overs, stuff like Starscream trolling the inquisition and the Emperor fighting Megatron and Optimus Prime is just pure awesome.

It's certainly written in a way that tries to fit it into 40k fluff and makes a decent attempt at crunch, which I can appreciate. Focus is squarely on the more "hey wouldn't it be cool if...?" kind of stuff that makes crossovers like this worthwhile.

Attached: 1521922002630.jpg (720x556, 156K)

IDW's More Than Meets the Eye (MTMTE) is good.

However, Last Stand of the Wreckers is required reading. Not because it's good. But because a lot of earlier IDW, especially MTMTE, references it. A lot of people say it IS good though. Personally, I thought it was overrated but had its moments.

>Hey guis, lets smash this random universe I like and 40k
>40k is designed to be a hopeless setting where everything is corruptible and falling apart
>Good guys are slowly losing footing
>Bad guys win
>Wtf this is gay, 40k faggots and stupid chaos

In other news, I stuck my dick in a blender and got mad because the manufacturer didn't make it dick safe.

Here's the thing: crossovers do NOT have to always favor one side of the crossover to all else. Otherwise, what's the fucking point of crossing things over? It's more fun if the newcomers can actually change the eternal status quo.

>Neat. What's a good recent (last 10 years) TF comic series I could download? I haven't been following it since the old Dreamwave reboots.
IDW's Transformers Vs GI Joe by Tom Scioli

Attached: GUN GOD MEET YOUR AVATAR.jpg (630x969, 337K)

If Games Workshop bought a license from Hasbro, I can see the TF being worked in as a small but non-canon part of the whole shebang.

If they were confident that it would be a long term thing with plenty of support from Hasbro, TF could conceivably be worked into a viable faction. Not a major one, but major enough.

If Hasbro buys GW, then the crossover probably won't happen unless one of the properties really needs it to bolster itself.

My point remains. The entire point of 40k is that the status quo never changes and that everything is decaying.

It's like doing a 40k dragon ball crossover and getting mad when goku keeps coming back from the dead.

Why assume that 40K will be the "dominant" crossover? Your example of Dragonball is actually quite a good one for this. By introducing a new element, such as the Dragonballs, you completely change the dynamic. If what we had before was hopelessness, now we have something that can bring hope.

On the flipside, a series where the good guys ALWAYS win, can now have that uncertainty if 40K was brought in. Marvel DISK Wars actually had that as a major plot point. Red Skull realized that in their reality, the good guys ALWAYS win, so he had to change that universal rule.

Kiss Players

>now we have something that can bring hope
As planned.

Attached: Tzeentch.jpg (1024x1117, 202K)