Why bother with Sagas when Disenchant will be in Standard?

Why bother with Sagas when Disenchant will be in Standard?

Attached: v9zCB3c.png (265x370, 183K)

Serra's Saga {W}
Enchantment - Saga [M]
(As this Saga enters and after your draw step, add a lore counter. Sacrifice after III.)
I - You gain 4 life.
II - Create a 2/2 white Knight creature token with vigilance.
III - Create a 4/4 white Angel creature token with flying and vigilance.

This is what I want.

>I cast Fall of the Thran
>I float mana and cast Disenchant

>6 power on board plus 4 life for a single mana investment

You retarded son?

Why bother with nonlegedary creatures when Cast Down will be in Standard?

Because they have ETB's

So do Sagas.

>implying
That knight saga is the white mythic saga, pls enjoy

Sagas kinda remind me of when Planeswalkers were announced and people really undervalued how much impact they'd have once they hit the board.

>drawing three cards for literally zero mana

Don't tell this guy about Ancestral Vision.

>Standard
This shit's for limited.

yeppppppp

you dumbass

Name 1 deck that runs it mainboard.

Why play spells when counterspells exist?

Are there going to be any common Sagas or is Pauper still the only format untouched by Wizard's retardation?

>why bother with creatures when removal will be in Standard?

>Why bother with creatures when there are burn spells in standard

There are burn spells in standard?

Does the creature made an artifact by I remain an artifact after III or does it cease to be an artifact when the enchantment leaves the battlefield.

More like why bother with Sagas when they do nothing when they come down and the majority of them have effects I wouldn't even pay the initial investment for if I got then all at once. The phyrexian scriptures one is the only good one and only because it's a 4 mana one sided black boardwipe in standard.

all of do something when the ETB.

It's an artifact forever, baybeeee

what has happened to magic? i havent played since ice age was the current set. was thinking about getting back into it, and the guy at the store started talking about commanders, reserve lists, fetch lands and all sorts of crazy shit.

is the game really so different from what it once was, that it would be like a totally different game?

>Phyrexian Scriptures buff up my man and make him a Robert
>Next turn all non-roberts die, cast Fall of Thran
>Exile everyone's yard and start bashing them with Robert

Where are you floating mana to? Guys, floating mana is an ancient concept. You should just generate mana to pay mana costs.

Attached: 220px-MarkRosewater.jpg (220x391, 16K)

I know people who cast things then tap the mana every time and think that's how it works. They're easily the people I catch trying to cheat the most too.

Yes, grampa. No batches, no mana burn. No removal, no counterspells. Only creatures turning sideways. Creatures come with spells slapped on.

The only thing holding the game together is the card back.

Are there?

Yes, these old players who know the rules and play them along... who would guess. Its a grace Maro and our friends at WotC are simplifying our game.

I couldn't keep track of that much stuff.

you sound pretty upset that i asked a question

A fair and just question m'lord

He's upset more about modern magic than your question.

>The only thing holding the game together is the card back.
You just know they're gearing up to change that too. They've already thrown out the idea of the card back with flip cards, and now that they've officially dumped the old logo it's only a matter of time.

Not every card has to be competitive. Wizards still want the teenagers cracking open boosters who haven't yet lost their joy for life demographic.

The chapter abilities uses the stack so you can respond to it.

>if I ignore all the details Ancestral Vision is literally just draw three for free

also the excuse "it dies to [this] removal" is true for all cards in standard

enchantments dont get round 1 hated

>playing stanard

>Why bother with Sagas when Disenchant will be in Standard?

Because WotC has seen what happens when you fuck up the last few Standard blocks by making answers too weak.

So what you are saying is that waiting for the payoff is a cost in and of itself?

>they shouldn't print answers to cards
That's you, that's how dumb you sound

t. Alex Bertoncini

you get the first counter on it when it enters the battlefield.

I bet not a day goes past at the WotC headquarters that they don't curse the "Deckmaster" text on the Magic card back, sitting right in the middle of it, taunting them.

You'd think they'd be more annoyed by the blue marker mark.

Attached: 1459596584010.jpg (223x224, 23K)