Skins

I'm DMing a game and a gang/small army of bandits idendifies its officers generals etc through the wearing of pelts and skins. I've already exausted most beasts in the 5e lists, what of the tougher enemies in dnd 5e do y'all think could be skinned and worn like a cloak?
And what is perhaps the most dangerous or purely impactful skin for the leader of these bandits/BBEG to wear

Attached: IMG_2930.jpg (391x345, 48K)

High-level wizard skins.

The head of a full-grown dragon that he keeps propped up above him with some metal poles attached to his armor.

His own and nothing else from weaker creatures

Fucking beautiful..... i'm using all of these
Would tarrasque hide be a bit over the top because its so featureless? He'd need to monologue about it for anyone to udnerstand

Fore skins.

And I don't think bandits would have the ability to kill a tarrasque or a dragon.

Its a rather impressivley sized army and most of these bandits class out at anlit higher than the buckaneers you get in the core enemy lists

I like the foreskin idea though. Going to use that for a suit of armour.
F O R E S K I N C H A I N M A I L

Dragon foreskins, tougher than the best dwarven chainmail and just large enough for a man's torso.

I like the way you think

Displacer Beast

Bullete

Yuan-Ti

Darkmantle

Rakshasa

Troll hide. Skinning the troll is the easy part, getting it to not grow a new troll is the hard part.

Shadow hide. It's incorporeal but if you prepare it correctly, it sticks right to your shadow.

The Tarrasque is a unique, eternal being, so it's a bit crazy to suggest anybody skinned it. The hide of an ancient dragon would be more believable, but still impressive. It would presumably confer the same resistances as the dragon it came from.

Some other hunting trophy ideas:
>A whip made from a displacer beast's tentacle. It deals a mixture of bludgeoning and piercing damage. A creature hit by the whip has disadvantage on its next attack roll against the whip's wielder.
>A unicorn's horn fashioned into a wand. The wand has 3 charges, and regains all of its charges each dawn. A creature attuned to the wand can expend charges to cast Detect Evil and Good (1 charge), Calm Emotions (2 charges), or Dispel Evil and Good (3 charges). The wand can also be used as a dagger that deals 1d4+1 magical piercing damage.
>A beholder's severed eye stalk that's been straightened and stiffened into a magic staff. Its wielder can speak a command word to shoot a beam from the staff's eye, a limited number of times per day. (Choose or randomly determine the beam's effect from the Beholder stat block when you give out this item.)
>A cape made of Remorhaz hide. Its wearer gains a +2 bonus to their AC, as well as resistance to fire and cold damage. A creature that hits the wearer with a melee attack takes 1d6 fire damage.
>A spell book whose pages are made from magically preserved human skin. The book has 2 charges, and regains all of its charges at midnight. A wizard or warlock attuned to the book can cast Cause Fear as a 1st level spell without expending a spell slot or a charge. They can also expend 1 charge to cast Animate Dead. Supposedly, a great necromancer created this book from his own remains after abandoning his mortal body.
>A glamorous shawl covered with feathers from a celestial creature. It grants its wearer a +3 bonus to AC, immunity to radiant damage, and immunity to being frightened. It sheds dim light in a 30 ft. radius while its wearer is visible.

Attached: 1515669692126.jpg (1920x2603, 418K)

My god these are brilliant
I knew Veeky Forums wouldnt dissapoint but this took it to new heights.
I guess writing up a humungous campaign with no one yo run ideas through really does get you stuck in a certain mindset. This is refreshing!

Are they Jewish or sommat?

Wasp skins
Because only a psychotic badass would kill enough wasps to make something wearable out of it.
Alternatively it could have been a giant wasp and they have a poison stinger sword out of it

After dealing with an army of bandits obsessed with wearing pelts, furs, and skins, they finally come face-to-face with a man gaudily dressed in layers of colorful cloth.

If they ask, he tells them that they're the flags of all the nations he's toppled.

Hoooooly shit dude beautiful

If you want to take it a step farther, you can then have a man covered in weird leather, cardboard, and paper patchwork. He's their wizard, and he wears the skins of all the books/tomes he's read.

This sounds like something a goblin wizard would do.

>so it's a bit crazy to suggest anybody skinned it
HOLY SHIT
YOU
ARE
WRONGUUUUU

Attached: 2018-03-21 19_07_43-Dragon Magazine #359.pdf - [Full page fax print] - SumatraPDF.png (508x1080, 956K)