40k General

Best General Image Edition

>Dark Eldar preview:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/27/codex-drukhari-preview-the-kabalsgw-homepage-post-3/

>WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/1FRzCDcpChg

>FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

>Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

>Mathhammer:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdocs.google.com%2Fspreadsheets%2Fd%2F10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M%2Fedit

Attached: 40kgen2.jpg (259x194, 14K)

I want to play 40k but I'm poor

Are there people that play it over VTT's like Roll20, Tabletop Sim or VASSAL?

Tau of disgust is disappointed in your life choices

Attached: 1513914735302.jpg (231x224, 21K)

why is mr space commie so upset with me

I wanna drop some quarters in that head vag.

>40k over the roll20

How would that even work? You would have to move so many little tokens individually...

I would love a MegaMek style game for 40k though.

Attached: pregnanthammer40k.jpg (408x1954, 554K)

Off to the Gue'la Gu'lag

Attached: 1514490416298.jpg (399x446, 51K)

I'm a big fan of having interests but if you can't honestly support playing then just read the lore and focus on improving your situation.

>How would that even work? You would have to move so many little tokens individually...

So the same thing you do on a regular tabletop?

Fair enough, but i'm impatient and a bit of a shithead

To be fair, that's probably why I'm in this situation in the first place

>So the same thing you do on a regular tabletop?

You might have a point. It would be a little clunkier than using real dice, but it would probably go smoothly as long as you use quick methods for determining distances.

Attached: the_tyranid_threat_by_littlecutter-daleaz2.jpg (980x815, 74K)

Spacegnoblar when?

Attached: Gnoblars.png (473x721, 465K)

What if every HQ choice in the game was 0-1 per detatchment (with certain hq's becoming 1-3 per choice like weirdboys) and to prevent spam all units except troops became more expensive points wise after the first slelection. For example, dark reaper squad one would be 100 points (just a made up number for simplicity) but the second choice of them would be 25% more, so 125. And the third selection would be 150, or 50% more points. So you could still get hypwr effecient units, but that effeciency would wane with tje more you took, incentavising more variety.

>all units but troops get more expensive
I get it... you hate space marines.

... or you could just find a group that is willing to play 5th edition if spam bothers you so much.

Or we could fix what is broken and being used right now.

There is not an army that would benefit more from the nerfing of non troop spam than marines.

Are your "marine" armies 2 captains lieutenant ancient and 6 units of hellblasters or something.

plastic Lelith when?

Attached: jlc.jpg (1753x2680, 873K)

I'd wait for the incoming FAQ at least.

Blood angels. Space marines have shit troops.

IMAGINE

that is my fucking woman baby. sexy af.

Gw pushed it back to incorporate tyranid and pox walker nerfs after the adepticon showing.

>That face
>'woman'

Yes. But it should still be happening in the next few weeks.

Do we have any idea how far back it got pushed?

April 2nd.

Poxwalkers themselves don't need nerfs, it's the strategem that makes them nearly unkillable that does.

Nids are strange, they have a weird history of being broplayer to high tier, nothing WAAC or insane, and then someone figures out how to utterly break a tournament with them.

That's Jamie Lee Curtis, user. She was a damn fine woman back in the day.

"A little bit"

facebook com/1575682476085719/photos/a.1576243776029589.1073741828.1575682476085719/1998760827111213/?type=3&theater

Not really, but my guess is a week, maybe two. It's not like they have to wait for the reprints to arrive or something.

>From one of the comments:
>The one thing i would ask is that you keep tournament problems out of the casual games. If theres a problem with spamming at the sharp end of tournaments and people have a problem let the TOs write their own tournament pack. A knee jerk reaction to tournament issues shouldn’t touch the regular gamers who don’t play like the tourney guys do

Meanwhile in the T'''''''''''''''au codex:You know what I'm talking about

Sounds like some faggot who likes to run over everybody in the LGS with a list copied from the latest tournament that only works because it's only banned by TO's.
Yes there were people who actually did this back when it took years before we'd see an FAQ fix shit.

What are some must get models for any Ork army besides Weirdboys and Ork Boyz

Stormboys are solid I hear.

What is a TO? Tournament Organizer?

Fucking deldar looking choice! Where my Archons at?

Attached: FB_IMG_1520517395812.jpg (649x960, 78K)

A unit of nobz with kombi-skorchas in a trukk or battlewagon is quite hilarious

>10 D6 Str 5 ap -1 autohits drive-by

> playing orks
why?

Nah it stands for Table Operator. It's the guy who sets up the table.

0-1 HQ types per detachment!
>All Guard Armies more have 3 three Executioner Tank Commanders at 1000 points
Oh god take it back!

Correct.

Killa Kans, Deff Dreads, Nobs surprisingly, Mek Gunz, Regular Gunz, Lootas still work out pretty well, actually most of the Heavy Support options are solid save for the Flash Gitz which are still a little pricey for a fancy gun that still shoots at Ork BS and is also Heavy which contradicts their special rule to hit at +4 when not moving.

I am here mah nigga! Dark Eldar Best Eldar.

Attached: 1521259413110.png (1500x700, 97K)

How are drop pods right now?

I only play Orkz for the girls

Attached: waifuboy.jpg (625x500, 40K)

Bad.

TONIGHT WE DINE IN RELEVANCY

Attached: 8448FB9D-86CA-4088-97B0-12A729871A23.jpg (1300x938, 180K)

Hot garbage. Too expensive, no reason to take them to transport a unit when you can have a similar unit that does the same with inherent deep strike.

Darn, would making them count as an open-top emplacement after landing be any good?

Please don't remind me of those orc cheerleaders from Blood Bowl 2

Are wraith knights really garbage in 8?

Asking because local meta is pretty chill about using homebrew fixes as long as it's decent and I've been eyeing starting up an SM drop-shock troopers type list

Just lower the points. Or make them really fancy and give them some special rule that forces enemy units to make room when you drop them within 9'' or on top of them

>GW starts holding tournaments before each FAQ
>Every time someone fields a broken combo they nerf it to nonexistance a week later
>By 9E, the tourney fags finally realize they’re being used.

What HQ for crons is more valuable if I have a ccb and a cryptek with cloak already 2x 10 immortals and 20x warriors for troops

It'd make them better, absolutely, but I doubt it's something they'd do. What'd be better is if they gave cover to all marines wholly within 3" like the nurgle tree, since back in the day they could actually be used for cover.

They're okay, but a bit expensive for what they do

>>By 9E
>Not 8.5E
They said they want 8th to be the last edition and have it be a 'living' edition, constantly updated.

I mean this is how it works in almost every other game that exists so...

What do you guys use to measure distances on table?

Does anyone make a non shitty combat gauge?

Attached: IMG_0137.jpg (1271x923, 183K)

What they do being a big Super Heavy unit that draws enemy fire? What is the role they serve now, what with the edition change? Not being sarcastic or anything, but I do want to know as a non-Eldar player.

>They start faking it by agreeing to only bring the shittiest of lists but behave like they're at the forefront of the meta
>Hey guys all the tourney people spam kroot, better buff battlesuits

I just use a tape measure and a small 3 by 2 rectangular piece of wood with a 1 inch cut out on one side.

Tape measure from the toolbox. I even clip it to my belt.

Bullshit! One day a GW executive will say “We need a 10% share price increase! Tell the rules guys to rework the mechanics to invalidate everyone’s books, so we can rerelease all the codexes for our entire game over the next 2 years”

Or they could spend less money and just re-release the codexes with the current FAQ's included and the exact same number of people will buy then when they force TO's to require the latest codex.

Tape Measure, sometimes a 3x2x1" tool for small measurements when it's important

Wouldn’t work. They all want that special model/prize/cash at the end. And none of them could be sure if the others won’t bring a slightly less shit list than agreed.

thoughts on this scheme for a BA successor?

Attached: 29550911_10155468127863424_242594585_n.jpg (480x640, 45K)

That implies most people go to tourneys. Most people don’t because fuck driving for 2 hours just to face the WAAC madness.

If they’re gunna rerelease, their needs to be a genuine infinitive for the casual, the WAAC, and everyone in between.

I just slap my dick on the table and eye it out

Could that be one of the Angels Resplendent? Either way looks real nice. Good job user.

The Ogre Kingdoms release was so good.
>2004

Attached: 1384984334911.gif (245x245, 1.9M)

I bought one of those 6" clear plastic rulers with different measurements and I feel like I wasted money when I pull oit my tape measure to gauge shooting range.

Damn nice paint job. There is a hair by the head and right pauldron. Different enough people shouldn't think it's ultramarines

Pretty much. They're a big stompy antitank unt that ideally draws and absorbs a lot of enemy fire.

Problem is, for like 500 points you'd be better off just taking 4 Wraithlords or 3 Wave Serpents that would do essentially the same thing but better.

Nice
Blood Snakes?
Hydric Angels?
Blood Legion?

That is a real good shade of blue but it's dangerously close to just being a Ultramarines 1st company veteran. Otherwise real nice.

>Combat Squads: Before any models are deployed at the start of the game, a Terminator Squad containing 10 models may be split into two units, each containing 5 models

How does that interact with holding them back for deepstriking via stratagems or abilities? Do I split them before any models are deployed, but then deep strike them all at once at the same location, or am I allowed to deep strike them separately/at different locations? Can I split them at the start of the match, deploy 1 unit normally and deepstrike the other? If I'm using a stratagem to deepstrike them, do I need to pay the CP cost twice if I want to deploy all 10?

>get embarrassed
>dick shrinks
>your dudes sre suddenly moving 5"
>lose the game to impotence

Bitz finally came in.

Attached: 20180327_201241.jpg (3264x2448, 2.07M)

What codex do you use to play SoB?

I mean if you had them now and wanted to play a game tomorrow?

The index.

Index Imperium 2, no codex for you EVER

Oh, didn't know they were in it. It doesn't say their name on the cover

Neither did Witch Hunters.

Imperium 2 might as well just've been called "Not Space Marines" and everyone would know what that would mean.

>It doesn't say their name on the cover
They were rolled into the "Imperial Agents" late 7E.

>Beakies on MK X

This will never not look retarded.

Lore question here.

Is Kharn still Khorne's greatest chosen mortal champion? If so, what benefits does he get? Immunity to all magic and temptation of the world?

Attached: 375px-Kharn8.jpg (375x375, 63K)

Right here to!
>TFW we are going to be so good now
I love black heart colour scheme but I want to try the different khabals so fuck everyone who complains about my colour scheme

Attached: 1522114774966.png (725x516, 159K)

Shit taste the post.

You choose to deep strike as you deploy, so since thos happens pre deployment you can deep strike both, only one, or none. You choose as you get to each squad, and then they come doen separately.

A rez every now and then.

>immunity to magic and temptation
Khorne doesn't really work that way

At most he'd be getting superhuman strength and stamina while fighting

I'm aware of the ultramarine factor, It is slightly annoying but not much can be done other than including more actual BA parts.

Aye, I saw the hair after taking the photo but hey, it is what it is. Thanks a ton for the comment though.

Hilariously I did find the blue from an alpha legion player I know.
I was actually considering having them be the angels pentitent 'redeemed' post devastation of baal and taking up their old name.

either that or the random named chapters the Angels Vindicant

I hope so. With scourges getting a point drop we're at least objectively better than Index, even if I beleive most armies are going to be 6-12 scourge units with some kab backup for objectives.

fuck, that sounds nasty

>Vect still alive
>Vect still top dog archon
>Vect still won't get a model again

Attached: vect.jpg (500x364, 46K)